Author Topic: Diratsou's  (Read 5585 times)

Dvotchka

Re: Diratsou's
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 05:42:47 PM »
Rina was not too wild on the road- the notion of an encounter with the police did not appeal to her. For the most part, she had little respect for the law's ability, or the law itself, and trusted them to be both heavy handed and inconsiderate to the needs of a pilot to enjoy acceleration. Not that her car was a racer of any sort.

"Motion in the ocean
His air hose broke
Lots of trouble
Lots of bubble
He was in a jam
S'in a giant clam

Down, down

Underneath the waves
Mermaids wavin'
Wavin' to mermen
Wavin' sea fans
Sea horses sailin'
Dolphins wailin'

Red snappers snappin'
Clam shells clappin'
Muscles flexin'
Flippers flippin'"

She exited at the appropriate point and effortlessly parallell-parked her car in front of the restaurant smelling of roasting meats, exotic spices and hookah tobacco. As Theresa exited the vehicle she waited to walk in with her side by side. She thought of taking Theresa by the hand, but decided it would be much too forward and might bother someone that still thought of her as only a friend.

When they entered, a large man behind a grill shouted "Plemynnica Irina! Privet!"

"They call me 'niece' here, even though I am not Armenian. Since I am from a neighboring territory, they consider me as sort of family, especially because I speak one of their languages. Let us order kvass. It is sort of like beer, but does not get you drunk- oh and maybe a shot of vodka to start." She took the seat beside Reese, rather than sitting across from her. It was nice to be in proximity, rather than on different floors, across the hall, or seperated by ejection seats.

The drinks arrived, and Rina gazed over to her partner. "So what will we order tonight?"

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:47:32 PM by Dvotchka »

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 12:23:54 AM »
Theresa finds herself grinning from ear to ear as she enters Diratsou's with her best friend, walking side by side.  She kept glancing over at Irina, wondering if she shared the feelings Theresa was realizing she had for Irina, but was afraid to reach out and take her hand for fear of rejection and how awkward things would be afterwards.

When they sit down, she finds she can't get the smile off her face as she looks at the menu and glances over at Irina.  "What's good here?"  Feeling incredibly happy, she moves without thought and leans over and kisses Irina on the cheek gently, just glad to reuinited with her best friend.  Moving back, she blushes a bright hue of red and immediately worries that she went too far as she buries her face back into the menu.

Dvotchka

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 06:21:27 PM »
"The kebabs are really good, and they have something like schwarma. I can't pronounce Armenian so well. They make a good pilaf, and I usually chase my dinner down with kvass- it is sort of a low-alcoholic beer..."

Rina was surprised by the second kiss. The first could have been exuberance. The second, well, it was unlike Theresa- until lately. As she withdrew and blushed, Irina was sure. She leaned forward and placed a soft, long kiss on her lips. "Yeah I know, I feel it too."

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 12:02:43 AM »
Theresa blinks in surprise as Irina kisses her, and then returns the kiss and moves back smiling.  She had worried she would get a lecture on how she was Rina's dearest friend, but that Rina didn't feel anything deeper than that.  A thousand things run through her head to say next, but all that comes out when she opens her mouth with a happy smile, is "Really?"

Dvotchka

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 12:52:36 AM »
"Theresa? I could not imagine life without you. You've been my best friend since you saved Minka, and then we became bandmates, then we flew together. None of it matters beyond how I feel now. I want you in my life because you've become a part of it." She snuggles her partner and kisses her cheek, drawing Theresa to her chest to feel her heart beating. "I hope this does not frighten you, but I-well um..  Shit..  Never mind." Rina's pale complexion radiated a blush brighter than a nova. Her blue eyes glanced down, before looking back to Theresa's. She managed a very shy and coquettish smile.

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 09:10:48 PM »
Theresa smiles as she hugs Irina tightly, full of joy happy that her best friend shared the same feelings for her that she did for Irina.  Looking up, she shakes her head and smiles, feeling brave with her newfound knowledge and leans over and kisses her softly on the lips.  "I feel the same way." she says softly with a smile.

Dvotchka

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 10:28:18 PM »
"I hope that never does a day pass that I can't hold you, caress your cheek and give you a kiss. thanks Theresa. For being here and feeling the same." She pulled Theresa closer and smiled as the large man walks over,grinning to see young love in his restaurant.

"Plemynnica Irina, is this your new love? You two look happy together, and very cute too, I think. This calls for drinks, so I will bring congac. I am happy you decided to bring your love here, Niece Irina because we think you are now our family, even if you are Rus."

"Theresa, this is Diratsou. He owns this place. I usually eat here, if I am not flying because they let me speak Russian. Diratsou, this is my bandmate, RIO, and I suppose, most importantly, the woman I l- I mean my girlfriend."

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 02:13:00 AM »
Theresa smiles at Diratsou as Irina introduces her to him and says "It's very nice to meet you."  She snuggles close to Irina, hugging her tightly, unable to believe she could ever be this happy knowing the person she cared about shared her feelings.

Dvotchka

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
"Could we have the grilled chicken place with rice please, that congac you talked about, two glasses of kvass, and two pipes with cola shisha?" The grilled meats were grand, but the hookahs made the cafe the most unique place in the fleet.

When Diratsou returned with drinks and smoldering pipes, Rina inhaled long and deep on the cool, fragrant smoke, exhaling in a series of rings. She was an experienced pipe smoker at this point in her life.

"Theresa, I think we should probably move out of the barracks. I haven't much in the way of stuff, just what can fit into a bag, and of course Minka. After we're done with dinner, want to look around and see what's available and affordable?"

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 09:41:33 PM »
Theresa smiles and nods at Rina's suggestion at the meal.  "That sounds like it will be good." she remarks to Rina.  Not an enthusiastic pipe smoker, she takes a light inhale on her pipe to be polite and exhales the smoke and puts it down. 

When Irina suggests moving into together, she looks thoughtful and says with a smile.  "Sure, we can do that."

Dvotchka

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 12:19:34 PM »
Rina blushed, looking quite rosey, given her pale complection. "Our family is growing. We're going to need space, too. I am afraid of what we'll find when we get back and see Minka and Manon's play in that tiny closet I live in. Plus- well, people would gossip too much with one of us going across the hall all the time, not that we don't now, just for longer periods. And yeah, I want to be near you always. I don't even want a hallway to keep us apart. Let's go pick out something nice." She drew from her pipe, blowing a huge cloud of smoke. Hookahs were her favorite, and an Armenian bar was just the place for it. She noted Reese didn't seem to share the sentiment, and resolved not to buy her another unless requested.

He hoisted the glass, "To the first day of the rest of our life!"