Author Topic: Cafe Bomber  (Read 15923 times)

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Cafe Bomber
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2008, 01:07:08 AM »
As Theresa left, the other guests started to file out, and the impossible seemed to happen.  Cafe Bomber actually closed for the night.  Max put up the sign, which indicated that the beloved diner/restaurant/karaoke bar was closed until 6 AM due to insufficient staffing on the night shift.  He said good night to Magda and Ellen, then the three of them went their separate ways to get some much needed sleep.

OOC: Please lock this thread for now.  We'll start a new one if need be.

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2008, 11:19:32 AM »
It was another crowded night at Cafe Bomber.  Alaras walked in, took a seat at a booth, and ordered his usual veggie burger with lettuce, grilled onions, boysenberry sauce, and seasoned sweet potato fries, and a vanilla rooibos iced tea.  As he sipped, he listened calmly to the local gossip, everything from love to loss.  After about 15 minutes, Marc Erian also entered.  Seeing his acquaintance, he went over to Alaras, taking a seat.

"Mind if I sit here?"

"Not at all.  How're things going with that new crush of yours?"

"About as well as anything you would have with a fangirl, except that he said he never wants to see me again.  I really screwed up this time."  He could no longer hold back the tears, he fell for Rami fast, and still felt the pain from being rejected.  Alaras gave him a comforting hug, and said "You know, I have just the duet for us.  Maybe it'll cheer you up a bit, and besides, I need to keep my strength up, in case we get a more important mission than tracking whales.  I hate seeing you so depressed, and besides, us lonely souls need something to distract us from the pain."

Alaras and Marc walked up to the stage, looking in each other's eyes before Alaras asked Max "Please, if you'd put on that track I gave you yesterday?"  As the intro came on, both of them thought of their simple wish to have a loved one, and of how tired they were of being alone...

OOC: Here's the song they sing as a duet (just imagine two male voices instead; one tenor, one baritone)

http://www.youtube.com/v/csfMrl9DSfk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:13:20 PM by Alaras »

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »
As their duet ended, the two men returned to their booth, not saying a word.  Between those two, words were pointless, after all.  Each could feel the pain in the other's heart, and a silent understanding was broken softly with "So, you're going to avoid him, then, or will you keep going till you get a restraining order?"  A light elbow to Alaras's ribs was the start of a reply, "I won't go out of my way to find him, but I won't go out of my way to avoid him either.  It'll be up to him if he decides to change his mind."  "I suppose you're right, Marc.  Besides, between my crazed fan-club and your old habit of paying people to pretend to be your girlfriend, we're both screwed.  All we can do is wait for someone to see past it all, I guess.  Well, I'm going to get going.  I kind of said I'd go drinking with someone.  See you!"  They exchanged their farewells quietly, belying the strength of their bond forged since Alaras came to this colony ship.  Marc waited until his friend had driven away before he unknowingly shed a few tears.  Nobody really noticed over the sounds of Fire Bomber's "My Soul For You", but it stung for him all the same.  Meanwhile, Alaras had gotten into his car and headed for home, for a quiet date with a fifth of good Stolichnaya vodka, some orange liquor, a bit of milk, orange juice, pineapple juice, some ice cubes, and a shaker.  Upon arrival at home, he rolled some marijuana, smoked his joint, mixed his first drink, and downed it in a few gulps.  It was the first of several in mourning for his no-longer-existent love and social lives...

OOC: It's just a modified version of a screwdriver, made to my tastes and meant to be multiple drinks
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:47:06 PM by Alaras »