Author Topic: Operation Crashdown  (Read 25700 times)

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
  • dare you look at my avatar?
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Crashdown
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »
Sammie's pre-flight checks show green across the board, also of note there is a slight variance in the starboard engine control.

Offline DrFaustus

• Staff Sergeant
  • Fighting the good fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 04:28:46 PM »
Sammy ignores the marines jibes as she works her way through the pre-flight. Jack-ass, Althrough I wish I knew why they pulled me off flight ops.
"Look I get it you big hardass. Well good for you, but it won't impress me. I've seen combat,I got a job to do and I will do it, so suck it up and back off."
She turns away from the marine looking for the engineer. I hope he won;t mind taking alook at the engine.

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
    • Rogue-Z (yes, it's a stupid blog)
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »
"Well look at that! The flygirls got some 'tude! And she's seen combat, ooo impressive!" The last bit may have been a little overacted, because June hasn't seen real action yet. So that was probably the best thing the pilot could have said to drive him away. Oh sure, he'll make some lie up about how she wanted him when he tells the squad about the endeavor, but for the moment, he's shut up good. He skulks away and rejoins his squad in the hold.
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM
M:GP

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »
Marc smirked openly now, and looked towards the wannabe pilot who settled for being a grunt.  "To be honest, I heard her dad's got a higher position and that HE was responsible for this.  I'm guessing he wanted to protect his daughter, and if that's the case, who can blame him?  You, on the other hand, will never even get to pilot a shuttle.  Need I remind you of how you blow chunks every time you use my precious simulators?!"

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »
Already feeling sulky, the engineers comments burn like an jet fuel. June stops in mid stride, spins on his heel and gets right in the snarky engineers face, close enough he can count pores on the guys nose.

"Listen you pansy assed civvy, I can take sh!t from a combat pilot, or even the chick who'll pull my ass outta the LZ, but you, you...you think your stupid phi-lo-so-phy is gonna keep you from a pounding, you're wrong!"

His blood is up, he drops his kit to the floor, holding the SAW in his left hand, and raising his right up between his and the engineer's face. His face is contorted in angry grimace, his whole body trembling. He's barely in check. His body wants to pound this guy, and it shakes against his effort to restrain it. If he hits this punk ass, he's gonna land in the brig and miss his first real mission. But a guy just can't say stuff like that and get away with it!! Especially not with the rest of the squad watching!! Maybe this dipstick will make the first move, maybe June can goad him into it.
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 10:06:19 PM »
"No, I don't think my philosophy's keeping me safe.  I think that the fact that you don't like the brig will suffice to keep you in check.  That, and if said fact is not enough, I'm a Taijutsu expert who has only lost a handful of matches, and those were against opponents far superior to you."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:08:04 PM by Alaras »

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 10:52:11 PM »
Well. The prick is right, he doesn't want to see the inside of the brig, again. But...well, that whole bit about taiwhatsu, that sure sounds like a threat. And right now, a threat is the worst thing to say to an angry young man!

Which means June gently sets the SAW down on the deck, then starts to stand back up. But as he rises he accelerates, and throws a fierce uppercut, right out of the MCMAP aiming straight at the pansy's jaw. He's hoping for a knockout and to just move on.

[Roll them bones: [10,1] http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1602823/, so I think that would be a 9+10=19 or a critical failure. Well, I guess it's a crit failure.]
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 11:13:02 PM »
Why are the pretty ones always so dumb?  Marc easily grabbed the fist coming at him, pulled Montgomery's arm upward and forward, and with a quick sweeping kick, knocked him to the ground, finally sitting on him for the pin.  "I'll let you up when you agree to behave, and if you're a good boy, I might even let this one slide.  Agreed?"

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1602833/

(6, 7, 8. 10, 4)+7=28 Critical Success
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:17:56 AM by Alaras »

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:57 PM »
[OOC: Oh man! What to do! Play in character and totally derail everything? Or fudge a little to move the game along!!]

"What the F---!" Flat on his back, June is trying to figure out what happened. Then the twerp starts gloating again Why won't he just SHUT UP! June thinks. He's mad now, so he fights back. This time, instead of going for quick, he's going for hurt. He grabs at the tech and tries to reverse the pin, then moving on to a full nelson, grinding his chin into the back of the other guy's neck.

[OCC: Maybe I'll have better luck this time...Oh snap! I better stop now: (1, 6) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1602844/ Well, gotta give him credit for trying! Two crit failures in row! Ugh! Well, I guess Saberman really gets to work him over this time!]
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 12:50:39 AM »
OCC: He works him over even worse than before!

"You just refuse to listen, huh?  Well, if you're going to be naughty, I'll have to give you a spanking in front of everyone!"  With that, Marc easily shifted his knee to June's crotch, pushed painfully hard to disable him, then flipped him over to his stomach, put him over his knee with a grip that promised agony if he resisted, and gave him ten swats as hard as he could.  "If you stop acting like a child, I'll stop treating you like a child.  Now, will you behave and calm down?  I need to look at the shuttle before we go, and I can't do that if you keep acting up!"

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1602880/

(9,7,10,4,10)+7=27 Critical Success
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:58:09 AM by Alaras »

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: ICIS, or what what we call OOC the notepad.
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 06:05:04 AM »
Engineer's Log:

Entry 1: Seems like the assholes are out in full force.  I even had to spank a Marine (it was fun, but I prefer my toys with less meat on their bones)!  Why are the pretty boys always so f*!@ing stupid?  He should have stopped after I had him on his back, but idiots will be idiots.  Seems some of the wires shorted out in the starboard engine of the shuttle, but there should be no problems.  I've heard horror stories about what lurks on these abandoned ships.  Hope I come back alive...

Entry 2: We're now approaching the target.  Can't believe that he actually calmed down after being spanked before.  Wouldn't mind doing that again to him under more intimate circumstances, but I digress.  We'll be entering Deck 6, and the carnage will most likely begin.  The Gasaraki's been missing for so long that it's unlikely that any humans remain.  I don't even want to think about what could survive in that kind of junker...

Entry 3: We've arrived at our destination, the Gasaraki.  The hangar seems like it's been abandoned for a long time.  No VFs, no planes, no people.  We're pretty far from the engine room, and I don't even know if this rust-bucket still has its engines, or if it's even possible to restart the thermonuclear reactors.  I'm almost positive that the Fold engine wouldn't have survived, and we'll be lucky to get twenty seconds out of the thrusters to move it in a different direction.  Again, I'm hoping we don't run into anything...

Addendum to Entry 3: That Marine STILL doesn't know how to behave.  I'll blame it on his age, though he's not THAT much younger than me.  Gave him fair warning that tension does nothing good for him, but I doubt he'll listen.  If I have a sixth sense, it's telling me that I'm in for another earful, or may even need to give him another spanking.  This would be a shame, as he is kinda cute when he's not being a douche, and I do appreciate good eye candy when it's not blowing smoke or trying futilely to land a punch on me.

Entry 4: We're headed for the engines themselves, since it's unlikely that any of the relevant systems are even online.  I'm not expecting much in the way of opportunity, and I wouldn't even be shocked if the reactors were completely gone.  Actually, I kind of hope that they ARE gone.  That way, we can get off this ship, destroy it the old fashioned way, and move on with our lives!  Still, they said life signs were detected, so I don't want to know what they spotted!

Entry 5: We've gotten access to the engine room, so now all I need to do is inspect the engines.  Shouldn't take too long, unless it's fixable...

Entry 6: FUCK THIS SHIT!  I WANT OUT!

Entry 7: The shuttle's trashed, everyone's missing, and whatever killed the crew is probably still out there!  At this point, it's safe to say that the only living humans on board are us, so anything else is probably trying to kill us or make us its next meal.  Found a weird piece of fabric in the hangar, but it's not from a UN SPACY uniform.  We have to go to the Communications Room, get a message to the others, and call in the Leander for a rescue!

Entry 8: It seems that others may be alive after all.  My own stupidity got one killed, and it seems like other things are aboard as well, including whatever killed the majority of the crew.  We've been asked to go to the Deck 2 planning room.  I hope it's not a trap.  Every time the lights flicker in those horror movies, it usually means someone's performed a ritual to summon evil.  I hope that isn't what happened here...

Entry 9: I had Montgomery guard the escape pod.  I'm going back to the bridge to forcibly trigger the evacuation alert.  After that, we'll wait three hours before launching the pod and setting off the pod's emergency beacon.  With his gun and my taijutsu, that should be a long enough wait without getting us killed.

Entry 10: Couldn't get to the bridge before some dog-like zombie attacked.  We managed to kill it, but I was bitten in the process.  The wound's sterile and bandaged, so I'll probably be fine.  I took a sample for the lab and we tried to escape in the pod.  Unfortunately, we got hit by two missiles, and now we're in some sort of fucked-up wonderland of sorts, and I never did want to be Alice!

Marc loads his pattern analysis/translation/decryption program in the ICIS and enters the following command:

***ANALYZE DATA UNITS "Ran'Ai et tu geren'ai, morrslied, Shakti drenma." AND "T A G E N N I H T"

Analysis Conclusions:
Ran'Ai et tu geren'ai, morrslied, Shakti drenma - Insufficent data in database to translate

T A G E N N I H T - Several Known possibilities,
1.   Anagram - AGENTTHIN
2.   Anagram - NINTHGATE
3.   Name - Tage N Thin
4.   Anagram - en attn ghi
5.   Name - Thage Nint

Carry on search? y/n  COMBINE DATA ITEMS, RESUME ANALYSIS
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 05:05:20 AM by Alaras »

Offline DrFaustus

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 06:33:48 AM »
Wonderful the mission has'nt even started and the testorne is flying.

Sammy steps away from the shuttle. Pushing past the watching crowd of cheering marines. "Look boys, if you don't mind we got a mission to do, and we will need both of you in one peice."

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 06:38:36 AM »
"I'll gladly help you with the shuttle once the jackass agrees to behave himself.  I'm only here because I had no choice, and I'll just walk out on this mission and let you fix that rust-bucket yourselves if you don't act your age for once!"

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »
One thing June knows, is failure. Again and again it bites him, or this time, spanks him, in the ass. It's enraged him, made him seethe, but the flygirl is right. His indoctrination is strong, and the thought of failing his mission because of this twerp has moved to the front of his mind. Sure, the a-holes got a mouth on him. He even knows a thing or two about hand to hand. But when the shizzle pops inside that ship, we'll see how well his pansy crap handles a fire fight!

June dusts himself off, and stands up, leaving his dignity on the floor. Without a word, but with a icicle gaze at the tech, he picks up his kit and SAW and heads aboard. He sits down, not making eye contact with anyone, stowing his gear in silence. He's been shamed deeply. Almost as deeply as washing out of flight school. The physical pain is nothing, it's the failure.

The rest of his squad are silent as well, not quite sure what went wrong. They'd all tussled with him before, and never had anyone flattened or controlled him so easy. Something is definitely odd about that tech. They are all nervous about that guy. Especially after his pacifist speech, then a display of martial arts? Guy might be off his rocker!
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline DrFaustus

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »
Sammy watches as the marine gets up and leaves. "Well now thats over, Mr. Sabreman would you mind giving me a hand with something. The pre-flight checks, but there is something off with the Starboard engine controls. Would you take a quick look?"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:30:56 AM by DrFaustus »