Author Topic: Operation Crashdown  (Read 25698 times)

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Crashdown
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 09:44:14 PM »
"Not a problem, and I apologize about what just happened.  I have no intention of repeating that demonstration, but I honestly didn't expect him to come at me like that.  Just hold on while I look at the engine and controls."

Request for diagnostic roll, with accompanying repair roll if something's wrong.

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
  • dare you look at my avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 04:26:08 AM »
Challenging Engineering test with a base of Intellect, Difficulty 16.

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 05:35:32 AM »

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 06:12:44 PM »
Marc spent the next 15 to 30 minutes checking out all the components and connections associated with the engine control's for the shuttle. Unable to find anything of significant note, Marc replaces afew wires, circuits and connectors.

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 06:23:41 PM »
After making the replacements, Marc goes through the diagnostics again to see if anything was fixed.

EDIT: In response to IM conditions: Engineering test, difficulty 12, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1604379/
(4,3,9,8)+7=24 Critical Success
/edit

After seeing the all clear, Marc said "Seems like it was just a few faulty wires.  There should be no problems now.  So, when do we launch?"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:45:27 PM by Alaras »

Offline DrFaustus

• Staff Sergeant
  • Fighting the good fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 03:31:51 PM »
"Lets find out." Sammy finishes her pre-launch happy that everything checks out, she reaches out and activates the comm. "xxxx, CnC. All systems green. Request Launch Clearence." After a moment a voice comes back on the comm. "Leander CnC. xxxx. Launch confirm. Good luck." Sammy smiles as she begins the launch process. "xxxx, CnC. Roger that, and thanks I think we will need it."

The shuttle manovers easliy to the launch station and rest there for a moment. Sammy activates the shuttles intercom. "Okay boys and girls, we are about launch. So buckle up and prepare for some Gs." Getting one final instrument reading, she brings the engines to full, feeling the force of the launch pushing her back into here chair.

"Looks like it should be plain sailing ETA is 60 mins."

Making rolls.

OOC
Roll one. Base 7 +[6,6] = 7+12 = 19. Success!
 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1605132/

Roll two. Base 7 +[1,10] = 7+10 = 17 Success! and crit failure
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1605133/

Roll three Base 7 +[10, 8] = 7+ 10 = Success!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1605136/

Roll Four Base 7 +[5,2] = 7+5 = 12 = Failure
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1605137/

Roll Five Base 7 +[9,2] = 7+9 = 16 = Success!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1605140/

Roll six Base 7 +[10,8] = 7+10 = 17 = Success!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1605143/

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
Great, now he'll puke even more than he did in the simulator!  "Fine, but if the Gs get too high, you can clean the shuttle yourself after the spacesick grunt leaves a deposit!"

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2008, 07:33:26 PM »

Shortly in to the journey, Sammy encountered an uncharted micro asteroid feild, the hull was rocked by the small chunks of ice, rock and metal. they mostly hit the shuttle's wings and tail boom assembly. The computer diagnostics showed a fuel line rupture to the port engine.

The rest of the Journey was uneventful, and after the journey Sammy was just entering visual range of the ship.

Offline DrFaustus

• Staff Sergeant
  • Fighting the good fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
"Looks we made it, even if we are a little dinged." Sammy nurses the shuttle towards the Gasaraki. "We are entering Visual range now. Relaying Imagery." Sammy inputs a few commands and feeds the Imagery into the Passenger compartment.

"Okay, heading for the main flightdeck unless someone has abetter idea."

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
    • Rogue-Z (yes, it's a stupid blog)
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2008, 11:02:16 PM »
Shifting out of his fugue, June readies all his weapons. Of primary concern is his FNM45 LMG, the Squad Automatic Weapon. His size and strength made him a natural to handle the LMG, although his youth made it a sticking point with a few of the others. But he checks and rechecks all it's mechanisms with quickness and sureness. With his primary weapon in proper order he does on final check of everything else. All this macho crap brings his spirits back up, forgetting the failure in the shuttle bay.

He's ready to rock and roll. He shakes slightly with the anticipation. Gory thoughts roll through his head, he can't wait!
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM
M:GP

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »
"Just a second.  Are the life-support systems working on the Gasaraki?  I'd hate to go in only to die from environmental factors seconds later!"

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 04:39:16 AM »
"He's right," Commander Winters said as he approached the cockpit, settling himself into the computer terminal behind Sammy, he logs in and attempts to connect with the Gasaraki, and he types away.

+Connecting.
_Live Support status.
+Live Support is currently active.
_Open Main Shuttlebay doors.
+Shuttle bay doors will not open.
_Report.
+Shuttle bay doors are inoperative.
_Open Mecha Hanger door.
+Deck 6, Door 2 is now open.
_Request Docking procedure aid
+Linking with NavCom

"There we have Life support and you'll have to land in the mecha hanger on deck 6, the Gasaraki's computer has linked with the Navunit and will show approach vectors.

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
Re: ICIS, or what what we call OOC the notepad.
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 11:17:51 PM »
"Search for Deck 6 Main Mecha Hangar on Gasaraki, display plan view on screen" At least that's what I want the computer to show June.

Is the top map the Leander, and the bottom one the Gasaraki? Ah! Stupid me... one's a section (top) the other's an elevation (middle). And to think I work with drawings like that everyday...

Shanks take montgomery and Mr Sabremen and check out the engine room and decks 4,5 and 7.
Does this mean check out Engineering (room 2 on map) or check out the engines themselves (rooms 7 on the map)?

Oh and the "gnats ass over 100lbs" was an homage to your sig hege! I know, I know, gotta stop trying to step, us USAians can't compete in word games or sarcasm!

We've lost power at home, so I won't be checking after 6pm Eastern Time USA (that's about now!) I'll be back on in the morning
Obviously, we've got power back. But it took three days! Wow! I'm not sure I could do without it much longer! We even lost power at work this morning. Crazy. I guess it was almost a tornado.

I'm basing June's defensive actions on these assumptions:

• they can get forward (as in towards the bow) of the stairs leading down to the lower bridge.
  • from this forward location, they can see the doors into the bridge on this deck
  • there isn't an upper deck to the bridge
[/color]
Back in Character:
June taps around his ICIS tablet, looking at the ship schematics Saberman just downloaded for him.

Rapid Fire Post Gang: I'll be out on a site visit tomorrow, so I won't be at a computer until (my) evening, probably around 9pm EDT. Sorry! It's been a buys couple days!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 05:55:22 PM by jwlyon1 »
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 11:19:22 PM »
June watches the approach. He taps a nearby computer in the hold, trying to locate the mech bay on the Gasaraki.
"Hey LT, what are we doing once we get on board? Is it a bug hunt or are we lifesavers? Basically, can I shoot it if it moves or do I have to wait to get shot at?"
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 02:49:36 AM »
"From what I was told, I'd say it's a rescue/salvage mission.  Save the survivors, if any, and stop this scrap heap from crashing into the shipyard.  However, I don't think that anything human is left on board..."