Author Topic: Sparrow Hawks R&R.  (Read 13921 times)

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Sparrow Hawks R&R.
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »
"Also, I was thinking I could use some non-lethal defensive weapons, such as flame-retardant missiles, smoke generators, strobe lights with random patterns, and maybe we could work on tweaking the SES to make it more efficient.  Also, we should install a karaoke system into the Valkyrie for when I can't get real accompaniment.  It'll help me keep my rhythm if I'm on my own."

Offline knyght

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »
I am tired of hearing him discuss rape by women
Knyght was somewhat amused from the idea of meeting Mylene, but he was tired, so he decided not to stick around unless explicitly invited. Which he thought to be rather unlikely due to the more or less common friction with Alaras, also because of the comment he was about to make.
"I think he speaks from experience, also i think i saw a couple of transvestites in the bunch of fans i saw" knyght faked a shiver and tried not to laugh.
Are you familiar with the EA-18 Growler?
Somewhat, we could use a NR-BP-E7 fast pack to increase sensor range, and add some jammers. Also it would be a good idea to drop some missile space and add a second PPB system, or even drop all missiles and add a full body barrier. Some  support measures could also be added, actually in GG I had a pet project which consisted of "smoke bombs" filled with a fine dust that has high absorption rate of electromagnetic radiation and heat, thus allowing us to make a screen to deceive enemy sensors in the case of needing a tactical retreat, it doesn't work of the offensive because it also screws our sensors, but it gives a good cover when they fire missiles or try to get a lock on us. What would make me drool would be getting an EMP generator, we would have to kill our systems to prevent getting them fried, but afterwards it would be like shooting sitting ducks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 02:09:39 PM by knyght »
"Reality and righteousness are subjective concepts"

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »
Theresa simply listens to the ocnversation quietly.  She is disappointed about being told not to dress up.  'It seems no matter what ideas we come up with, they are shot down.' she thinks to herself.  She was also tired of Alaras's talk about women wanting to rape him all the time, and wished he would just shut up about that.  She smiles politely in greeting at Knyght and waits to see what will happen next.

Offline Patan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »
-Travestis? I actually saw many boys among the wound-be rapers

Said Mirko, like casually, looking in any other direction. But he does not know why he spoke like that. He really liked the zentraedi pop musician even as he was obviously a littel immature brat. But that is nothing to care about; he secretly asked himself if Dvotcha was really a such dominant woman that everybody around ends thinking like her, as Theresa loudly suggested.

-In my former squadron we used ionized smoke dust sometimes, but i do not like not having the  chance of striking back. Perhaps we can use small cameras on some missiles to guide the others of the volley trough the smoke screen; it was a very common trick in the Cold War army of my country to avoid massive countermeassures...

Offline knyght

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2008, 02:46:42 PM »
Perhaps we can use small cameras on some missiles to guide the others of the volley trough the smoke screen;
Perhaps we could add some sort of optically activated mines to the smoke, when an "enemy looking" vessel gets close enough it goes kaput. Of course it would only work in a massive type of smoke screen, and if the enemy is stupid enough to pursuit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:10:48 PM by knyght »

Dvotchka

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »
A car came to a halt in front of Al-Fayad's. Somehow, the intergalactic symbol for a taxi turned into a yellow car. It made things easy. Thankfully, minivan driving cabbies prowled near Al-Fayad's to allow for ample purchasing and ample entourages. She climbed in, sliding to the far side allowing the rest of the gang to join. "Come on Knyght, I am not about to grow bored this evening without you to talk about 'our Growler.'" She allowed Lazza to take the seat beside her and continued to hold her hand.

"The trick of the plane will be to make it truly multi-mission. The old Growler succeeded because it had the speed to keep up with a strike. It could fly iron hand as easily as be a music box. Take the jamming pods off the wings, and it could carry a full loadout for ACM (air combat maneuvering) or a strike package, including precision munitions with full optics and recce gear. Taking ALQ-192's directly from the EVA-3 would save money and only take up four ordinance stations. We could still have two hardpoints for ARM's. We could possibly remove one of the Bofors launchers and replace it with a defensive pack, but I think since they are now pallet mounted, we could rotate them as per mission requirement. We'll need at least 24 micromissiles for self defense. I'm with you on that Mirko. Nothing is worse than being helpless. Perhaps we could replace the chaff canisters with some of this ion dust. Another thought is longer rudders to hold more aerials for the enhanced RWR and communications jamming equipment. Smoke is OK, but with thermo imagery, the cover is limited, and absolutely no proof against anything other than optically sighted weapons like guns, laser designators, and optically guided missiles. Frag missiles seem to be the best point defense against other missiles. NR-BP-E7 is not a bad idea, but could get in the way of sound boosters. That's maybe why we should have an EW Valkyrie, and an AWACS unit, perhaps on the command mecha. That way, we get the best of all worlds, and keep our hens in different houses, should a fox seek a quick meal."

Thankfully the rape talk ceased. It made her skin crawl- nothing to laugh about. The thought of a trannie going after Alaras put a smile on her face. Perhaps a bit of justice in the universe.

Offline knyght

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2008, 04:03:27 PM »
Seeing the possibility of retreat being eliminated knyght said "ok i seems i have no reason to refuse" he smiled and continued the conversation.
Smoke is OK, but with thermo imagery, the cover is limited
"It isn't smoke per se, it is a special composite that interferes with electromagnetic radiation absorbing it, that includes radio signals, engine heat, radar, visible light etc. as a matter of fact the last batch we made actually killed 30-50% of laser bursts power. It is a perfect retreat veil, the bastards in general galaxy canceled my project though; they said that finding better ways of escaping with your tail between your legs wasn't worth what it was costing. Anyway, it kills any source of radiation of more than a 100nm if they have a moderate amplitude"

EW Valkyrie, and an AWACS
"I think the best bet would be to mix them, drop some firepower and add an insane amount of armor and or a second PPB system or a full body barrier. Instead of versatility, specialization. We would end with an armored support unit, even if it has a low firepower, it would be able to receive a lot of punishment before anything goes wrong"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:24:09 PM by knyght »

Dvotchka

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2008, 04:32:36 PM »
"It's the nice thing about the modularity of the 19's weapon systems. We can go out armed to the teeth for one battle, and be in pure defense for the next. I believe we can use it for any role, though optimized for EW- in this version. Remember, our main attack is still song, so for most Sound Force type missions, I think boosters may be the way to go. Also, internal ECM as a redundancy for the wing jammers would help. This way, we can eject our wing stores, transform, and continue to provide some jamming. With the EM dust, that sounds similar to a squib with the ECM effects, though squibs don't do a thing against lasers. This might be worth developing. I think good loud jammers are more than enough 'music' to make a difference. What do you think, though, Theresa?"

She thought of the armour unit. "Well, again, I like versatility to limits. The idea of an ECM jet is to be so loud that nothing gets through to hit it or the strike element. I'd rather be able to fight and run, rather than be a big, slow target. If that was the plan, we could stick with the EVA-3, and weld plates onto it. Perhaps something like a full armour variant is what we need..."

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2008, 06:57:31 PM »
Rather than take Knyght's bait, Alaras merely said "Can we please forget I said anything about it?  I'm sure we'll all be happier for it.  Now, if that's all, and none of you decide to do the unthinkable, I'm going back home.  I'll meet you there!"  He walked off with a false cheer that he hoped fooled the others.  After all, it's not like he can just say 'Oh, by the way, I have a psychotic murderous alter-ego after watching Dad kill a Varuta agent who was trying to drain me!' and expect them to believe or understand them.  Better that he remain the immature pacifist singer they all think him to be, at least for now.  He ignored that voice in the back of his mind crying out for violence, strangely more active than usual, went to his car, and arrived back at his apartment in the Newton Subdome without incident.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:43:58 PM by Alaras »

Offline Patan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »
Behind his cold surface and uncaring attitude, Mirko was a extraordinarily perceptive person, and the pissing off of Alaras -because without more information, he take it  for that- nearly hurt him. He said calmly..

-Bye Mr., see you tonigth. 

...when the zentraedi dissapeared, but after a while he spoked like this, directly to Rina and Theresa

-Excuse me, ladies, but i must to say something. I think that all of that was not NEccesary. You both are capable, intelligent and beautiful women with many reasons for being secures of yourselves. I think that you can live with a young popstar that still needs that type of showing-off to ensure his self-image. I?m not instructing you, the same goes for myself in this case. I suggest that, from now, we can simply to ignore those types of comments. I was trying to do that but i couldn?t -Mirko said the last sentence trying to keep himself from laughing

-Really, please remember that all of us need to be inspired to do our job. None of we can soundforcing if we are pissed off or overly pressed.

Then he spoked to the scientist.

-I think that your "octopus ink" technique is a very good idea. We can manage to apply it

Dvotchka

« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2008, 12:07:19 AM »
"Rape is nothing to make sport of with women about. We find it to be no laughing matter. You should know this," said Irina, glad that the Hard Day's Shop had come to an end. "I really like that name 'Octopus Ink.' It is good name indeed. It is good idea. What do we need to make go of this? Iron filings, maybe to start?"

Offline Patan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »
-Ok, you are rigth, i wasn?t seeing it from that point of view...sorry

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2008, 06:07:31 PM »
---THIS THREAD IS NOW COMPLETE.  PLEASE CONTINUE IN CAFE BOMBER.---