Author Topic: The Winchester - A classy steak house  (Read 10049 times)

Dvotchka

Re: The Winchester - A classy steak house
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2008, 01:18:27 AM »
As she disembarked he gazed upon her saying, "You don't have to do it alone. And I don't want to do it alone anymore. I'm not saying I will take care of anything, just that I will be there for you, if you need."

As they walked out, he inhaled the almost fresh air of the colony. It made him miss Earth all the more, but he would never let on before Lorna. He took her hand in his as they walked down the street. A recent rain cycle left the pavement slick, and the air humid. He knew she did not want to be crowded and feared having her life dictated, yet he could not abandon her. He could not subject her to fate without being a buffer. At that moment, he swore a silent oath to protect her from those who would bring her harm. He knew he could never persuade her of this fact, though he made the promise already, so he made small talk- asking if she worked tomorrow, or if she preferred pop music to rock. Silly things like that- favourite colours, green apples or red, corvettes or mustangs...

Offline Aspen

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2008, 11:24:28 AM »
OOC: Thanks Alaras but we're just about done so we'll just finish up in here;)

BIC:  The couple had waled around the block, around the side of the Winchester then around the Imperial Hotel till they came to Lorna's car parked on the other side of the street.  The conversation was light, ranging from color preference to antique cars. 

There was a long silence for a moment before Lorna broke it with a soft giggle.  "I had fun tonight.  Thank you." she said as she flipped her purple hair over her shoulder and smiled up at Javier.
No my friend, darkness is not everywhere, for here and there I find faces illuminated from within; paper lanterns among the dark trees

Dvotchka

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2008, 02:16:22 PM »
Javy smiled and watched the flip of her hair. It was an old female trick, but it never failed to impress the male of the human species. "I had a really great time, Lorna. I never got your number. Could I have it now, and ask if I can see you again?"

He fumbled for a pen and a small notebook in his jacket pocket to record her phone number, if she offered it, then passed her one of his business cards, with his mobile number included, from a gold holder, embossed with the crest of the Malaga CF (football club), and waited for her response with bated breath.

Offline Aspen

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2008, 03:10:13 PM »
Lorna held Javier's card between two fingers and inspected it for a moment then slipped into her jacket pocket.  She was silent for a long time when she looked up to find the marine, pen in hand, ready to take her digits.  He seemed really nice but seemed like the kind of guy who was looking for a relationship, especially after he had said, "You don't have to do it alone. And I don't want to do it alone anymore. I'm not saying I will take care of anything, just that I will be there for you, if you need."  She wasn't looking for that yet.  Finally she decided that there was no harm in seeing him again.  She would just keep things moving slowly.

A smile played on her lips as she rambled her numbers off.  As he scribbled on the paper, she could see that he shook a bit, as if he was nerves.  Her smile grew.  As soon as he finished the last number and looked up to say something, Lorna cut him off.  She stepped up close to him, quickly put her arms about his neck and kissed him, not giving the marine a chance to think. 
No my friend, darkness is not everywhere, for here and there I find faces illuminated from within; paper lanterns among the dark trees

Dvotchka

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2008, 03:33:41 PM »
Javier was about to say, "Thanks," when Lorna planted the kiss on him. It was unexpected, but certainly very welcome. He wrapped his arms around her, enjoying the moment immensely. Closing his eyes, he hoped the moment would last. The Marine wanted to invite her back to his room, though above all, he was still a Spanish gentleman, and would never make such a crass request so early into a promising relationship. He took what he could, and hoped the relationship would continue to develop, at whatever pace she was comfortable with.

Offline Aspen

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2008, 03:43:42 PM »
Lorna pressed her body against the marines, kissing him passionately for a moment then broke the kiss.  She licked her lips, gave Javier a wink then opened her car door.  "Goodnight Javier." she said softly with a smile, them climbed in and drove away. 

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 04:04:13 PM by Aspen »

Dvotchka

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »
"Good night, Lorna." Javy offered her a shy smile, and returned the wink, never taking his eyes off of her as she climbed into her car and drove away. As soon as she was out of view, he danced a small jig and decided to walk home. It was a nice night, as every night was in City XV, but he had a new spring in his step.

As he approached the gate, he presented his ID, and got saluted through by the Marine sentry, who noted Javy's gait, with an inward smile. Yes, it was a great date and a fun evening.