Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
    • Rogue-Z (yes, it's a stupid blog)
Re: SIU
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 01:21:01 PM »
"Sir, I hope that human body part was acquired through officially sanctioned channels by a volunteer donor...but why do you have a hand?"

The sight of a dismembered, pickled human hand doesn't bother Rami, he's worried about provenance. Was the hand acquired correctly? Did the doctor follow allowed procedures? And then, why would the doctor keep it around unless it had some sort of significance!
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM
M:GP

Offline Aspen

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 05:17:45 PM »
Being an ER nurse, this was not the first severed limb Lorna had seen.  But unlike the others, this one did not have a screaming patient accompanying it.  All the others had been covered in blood and flesh that was much paler than natural.  This one was almost ghostlike, suspended in the dark liquid, floating lifelessly. 

Lorna had no idea how old it was.  Maybe that's what was so special about it.  After all: she was sure a severed body part was not all that curious a thing to be found in a morgue.
No my friend, darkness is not everywhere, for here and there I find faces illuminated from within; paper lanterns among the dark trees

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
  • dare you look at my avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »
Renard opened the jar and took a small specimen cup and scooped some of the fluid out, he then passed it to Lorna and did the same for Rami, "What do you think? Good year?"

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 08:38:46 PM »
"Sir, I cannot begin to examine this appendage until I'm assured that it is legally acquired. If it is not, well, I hope you would understand when I reported this to our superiors. Otherwise, I cannot determine it's relative age based on a quick visual analysis. It's suspension in a preserving liquid makes a timetable difficult."
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 08:45:44 PM »
Renard then took his own cup and filled it then poured the fluid down his throat, "2017, a good year for scotch if I do say so my self," he says as he dredges out the hand and says, "Oh this, this is nothing" as he throws the hand at rami.

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »
Rami stands stock still, disbelieving what just happened. Is the M.E. really crazy enough to drink from a vessel contaminated with decomposing human body parts?

He stoops to pick up the hand, is it even real?

Handing the appendage back to the Doctor, Rami speaks, a slight tone of annoyance edging into his voice, "Sir, I'm sorry to have to cut my portion of the tour short, but I need to report for duty. Pardon." Turning to Lorna, he says more cheerfully, but with a little sadness, "Thank you for joining me this morning. I hope the good Doctor treats you with respect. I will call you with my schedule at the Hospital when the new rotation is announced. Oh, and also, my duty to a Marine Corps brother obliges me to remind you to return the call to Javier."

With that, he does a very military spin on his heel and practically marches out the door and disappears upstairs - taking the stairs even!
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline Aspen

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 02:50:30 PM »
"Thank you for joining me this morning. I hope the good Doctor treats you with respect. I will call you with my schedule at the Hospital when the new rotation is announced. Oh, and also, my duty to a Marine Corps brother obliges me to remind you to return the call to Javier."

Lorna was a bit horrified at the doctor's behaviour.  Besides the stunt with the hand, she also had gotten the impression that this was a very serious place with people who took their jobs just as serious.  She was betting that drinking on the job was a huge no no.  then again, Lorna looked at the doctor and gauged that he was a bit eccentric and had been her long enough that no one could do anything about it. 

Rami thanked her and reminded her to call Javier.  The nurse couldn't help but smile.  Her friend was such a loyal man to so many things.

"Thanks Rami.  I look forward to your call."  Then he was gone.   

It took Lorna a moment to realize that, in his haste to get out, he left her behind to continue her tour with the doctor.  As interested as she would be with the morgue, part of her interest was sharing it with Rami.  Whats more, he left her alone with the eccentric doctor.  Lorna turned to the older man and found herself dumb founded. 

After a uncomfortable silent moment, Lorna looked down at her watch, "Oh, my1 I really should get going.  I have a lunch date, and I really shouldn't be late." she fibbed, though she doubted it would be hard to arrange one with Javier.  "I really should be going.  Will the elevators take me to the lobby?" she asked with a smile.
No my friend, darkness is not everywhere, for here and there I find faces illuminated from within; paper lanterns among the dark trees

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 04:13:47 PM »
"Very well my lovely lady, hope you enjoyed the visit," Renard said as he screwed the lid back on the jar, after placing the hand back in of course. "I'm sure I don't have to explain that this is in my secret stash to ensure other people do not have drunken thoughts," Renard finished then went on about his own business.

Offline Aspen

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 03:38:23 PM »
The eccentric doctor never did answer her question about directions to the lobby but Lorna wasn't going to push the issue.  Instead she headed for the elevator and found her way out.  Besides the rather uncomfortable experience in the morgue, Lorna smiled as she thought she would like to come back some time when Rami had more time to show her around his lab.  It was all so interesting. 

Lorna returned her pass and signed out of the building with no problems, though they did have to call up to Rami to get the ok to release her. 

Out on the street, Lorna walked towards the gondolas, then to her car.  She turned her phone back on soon after she left the building.