Author Topic: 'Quod nocet, saepe docet..' (First day - training exercise)  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
Re: 'Quod nocet, saepe docet..' (First day - training exercise)
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 06:46:06 PM »
Ina KHAN!

Paladin?  Who's that. Ina didn't know the name.  The voice matched.   But it sounds like Yuu with an attitude.  How dare he talk to her like that.  same type of talk that help drive her to become a pilot.  She'll have to show him who's really wears the pants around here.   She respond back even though he closed the channel.   Ina couldn't remember the channel so, she used an open one, "I Know I won't be getting nailed by you during this exercise.  That's for sure."
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
  • Dont hate the player...hate the game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 01:14:47 PM »
Lieutenant (JG) Dorian "Glacier" Gray
Silent and Deadly

"...Glacier to answer your question try to maintain 50-100 meters distance, however if you feel you need to hang back further or pull in closer then do so as long as you get the job done..."

Dorian was making his preparations for their combat landing when he hears Paladin's voice.  Nodding to himself, Dorian smiled and then opened a private line to Raidern.

"Alright Raid...we have been given the light to react as we see fit out there.  We will shadow the teams and take targets out as they present themselves.  Copy?"

Returning his attention to his piloting, Dorian ran the mission parameters through his head to better make sure he had it down.  He also waited for Raidern to respond but was not worried if he did not.  That would show he was focused on the job at hand.

"Have you...I do.  Outnumbered...they are." ~ Yoda from the Clone Wars

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »
Commander Jansen "Vortex" Graham
The Alpha Male

Jansen, now in his intended position, decided to check in with his XO and had requested a communicator from one of the Marines nearby.  Once he had it in hand, he opened a channel that only she would be able to hear and receive.

"Commander Weissenberg...progress report.  How are my sheep getting along?"

He was truly curious and patiently awaiting her reply.  He looked around and as the Marines checked in with him on their setup progress, he was feeling a sense of excitement.  He was finally going to see what his new team was made of.  A smile formed on his face as he waited for word.

Offline Johnny

• Captain
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »
ENS Raidern Evander

As Raidern get's up to Dorian and he respond "Over so we will shadow the team.'

Raidern thinks to him self oh man this day had all ready start bad and too top it off I didn't eat sigh he looks over mission and hopes nothing gos wrong.   

Offline Azazel

• Hero of the MRG
  • Lt. Colonel
  • Soylent green is good for the skin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:07 AM »
LT CMDR Illeana "Razor" Weissenberg
The Flame from the West

"Yup." Illeana simply stated, a smile on her face that was meant to convey her faith on the unit under her command, as she climbed into the fighter's pilot seat with the ease born out of familiarity. Her cockpit felt a bit crammed with the addition of a second seat, but the ground crew's chief had assured her that it wouldn't screw with the interface to her Hellsuit's systems. Experiencing the virtual cockpit was something Illeana was looking forwards to, hoping that it would quell the apparently endless 'what ifs' that were haunting her like a bunch of crows circling their prey from above, even if for a little while.

Illeana let out a sigh as she put her helmet on and locked it in place. Once the uplink to the VF-4's computer was completed, she busied herself with the pre-flight checklist.

It was only a matter of minutes before the two pilots were airborne, a few hundred miles separating her from the rest of the unit's fighters since they'd taken off earlier. Illeana and Giti would be landing closer to the target area than the Purple Foxes would, so she'd set the fighter's IFF signal to a pre-arranged code that would render it 'invisble' to the AA sites the Marines'd set up in the area.

She pressed a button on the ICS, engaging the system that would allow her to talk to Giti.

"So, Ensign. Any idea as to where will you be transferred to yet?"

Illeana let go of the switch and mumbled an irate sounding "Jesus Christ..." to herself upon listening to Ina's broadcast. She grit her teeth as her commanding officer's voice rang in her ears. "Hold one, Ensign." She said over the ICS prior to switching to the regular comm channel.

"Vortex, Razor." the blonde-haired pilot broadcasted on the covered frequency Commander Graham'd used to contact her. "So far so good, sir..." she glanced at the mission's clock. "...the unit'll be landing at the target area within the next five minutes or so."

GM Post
Mission clock - 13:35

The passive sensor array built into the unit's VF-4s nosecones displayed an alert on their cockpits' MFDs a few minutes after Ina's somewhat odd comment was broadcasted on an open channel. The warning let their pilots know that there were about to enter an area equipped with active radar sites. The Purple Foxes' formation loosened up a little, so as to allow themselves better maneuverability before initiating their descent towards the surface.
It was an old maneuver devised to make their fighters invisible on radar, concealed by ground return, and the aerial radar platform flying over the sea to the south was too far for it to be able to detect them.

From the unit's standpoint, their approach was successful. There were no localized radar sweeps indicating that they'd been found, much less spotted as their fighters flew into the area at fifty feet above ground level during the approach, quite a fun ride for those pilots that enjoyed NAPE of the earth flying.

Upon reaching the target site, the Purple Foxes had their fighters change modes to GERWALK, de-accelerating to the point where they were almost hovering above the tree tops. As seen on the reconnoisance photographs shown throughout the briefing back inside the hangar, the target area was clear enough to provide them with cover for their planes. And so, the Purple Foxes landed.

The game was on.   

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
    • Rogue-Z (yes, it's a stupid blog)
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 09:32:20 AM »
Lieutenant (jg) Duane "D-Bear" Dearbone
Fox-Seven stompin' around!

Fox Seven, Fireteam Bravo

Duane kneels his VF down as low as it can go (just like hittin' switches! watch the ass drop!) before hopping out onto the earth below. He slings his load of bombs onto the deck then moves over to open the storage pod. He pulls out the camou net, throwing it over the kneeling fighter. He watches the others, especially Snake and Takeo, they seem like pros. Maybe he can learn a thing or two.
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM
M:GP

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 01:30:05 PM »
Commander Jansen "Vortex" Graham
The Alpha Male

"Vortex, Razor."

"So far so good, sir...the unit'll be landing at the target area within the next five minutes or so."

Jansen glanced down at his wrist watch and a smile formed on his lips.  All was going as planned....so far.

"That's very good news.  I am looking forward to their arrival.  Excellent work Razor.  Vortex out."

He let the communicator drop to his side as the Marine officer entered the room he was in and activated a monitor for his viewing use.

"Commander...you can monitor the action from here sir."

"Thank you Sergeant.  Oh and Sergeant.  Show no mercy."

The Marine nodded and left him alone in the bunker.  Jansen's eyes were now locked on the screen and he began listening to the various communications of the Marines as they prepare for their defense of the area.  Simulated or not, Jansen was impressed with their thoroughness.  Come save me Foxes...I am waiting.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Silent and Deadly

Dorian dropped his fighter down to just above the tree tops and his focus was impeccable.  He was in his element now and loving it.  Covert ops was his thing prior to coming there and he was back doing what he loved.  After a few more minutes, he made his high speed approach and landing, having changed his VF-4 from fighter to Gerwalk mode.  Once down and safe, he disembarked and went to covering it with the camo netting.

As he retrieved his weapons from the storage compartment, he looked over to Duane as he was getting his.  He shook his head and smiled.  Raising the visor of his helmet, Dorian stepped over to him.

"Hey D...everything okay?  Need some help with anything?"

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 01:53:55 PM »

"Hey D...everything okay?  Need some help with anything?"

Duane's got a lot of attitude and confidence, but that swagger doesn't mean he's an idiot. And all that camou netting and other gear is heavy. The quiet guy surprises him with the offer for assistance. A little chagrined by the attention, since it means he looked to be struggling a bit, Duane none-the-less accepts.

"Thanks, homes, I bet we can do it in a third the time working together." Duane gives the other pilot a quick fist bump.
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »
Ina KHAN!

Ina climbed out of the VF-4 and stepped down on the dirty ground.  "Not most accurate exercise is it?   Everybody knows were coming" she pulled her helmet off.  The thing was too uncomfortable.  
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:41:46 AM by Roy Focker »
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
  • Luck is one of my skills!
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8926537&Mytoken=20
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »

Snake emerges from the VF-4, the canopy slid open slowly revealing him like some sort of forgotten hero from long ago. "I hate this F^#@&!!! helmet!" He opens the storage compartment and equips his gear and weapons, "Why the hell does she get to take hers off? Damn kids these days..." None the less, he double checks his weapons to make sure they're in working order once more. He leaps off the VF-4 and lands in a crouching position and slowly raises up to a prone position and then straightens up, "Now...we should all get dirty, throw on some mud, leaves and grass and truly blend in with our surroundings...that's what I call natural camoflage."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:21:03 PM by Dyson »
If mice could swim they would float with the tide and play with the fish; Down by the seaside, the cats on the shore would quickly agree.

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »
Silent and Deadly

Dorian returned the gesture to D-Bear and fist pounded his new friend.  

"Thanks, homes, I bet we can do it in a third the time working together."

As Dorian moved to help Duane cover his fighter with the net, he looks over to see Ensign Kahn without her helmet on.  

"No problem Mate.  We are in the same unit...right?"

He cant believe that she is complaining about a little discomfort.  He looks up to Duane and gives him the "watch this" expression.  He stood up and moved over to where she was standing.

"Excuse me Ensign.  Please return your helmet to your head.  We are in a Spec-Ops unit not the regular army.  We don't allow a little discomfort to get in our way."

Dorian raised his visor so she could see his eyes.  He was totally serious and didn't care if Lieutenant Takeo heard him or not.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:39:23 PM by MustangGT02 »

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 01:57:49 AM »

Woah! Homes's a hard ass! Duane's not gonna piss off that guy! But the green haired shorty does need to tone it down, as entertaining as she is, it's time to work now. Serious business! Even if it's just training. Duane watches for only a second before finishing up covering the fighter. He moves on to crazy chicks plane next, trying to get everyone focused again.

"Yo, let's get this bird covered!" he says outloud, his visor also raised. He motions for Gray and Khan to help him.
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline Johnny

• Captain
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »

ENS Raidern Evander

Raidern looks about trying to find a space to give his VF the most cove and the he lands and gets has gear and moves with haste to get to has partners.

Offline Lance

• Colonel
  • Official Ninja Lurker
    • View Profile
    • KeeperOf42
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »
Yuu "Paladin" Takeo
The Lieutenant; On site and preparing.!

Yuu Takeo was the last of the Foxes in for landing even though he led the flight he made a couple careful circles in GERWALK mode to make sure the enemy hadn't picked up any of the Foxes landing, Lieutenant Takeo was well aware that they had high expectations for this mission as he carefully maneuvered his craft and landing.  Getting out of his craft he began opening up the wing-mounted containers getting the camonetting first starting to cover his fighter first taking his time with it Yuu heard Glacier saying something to Khan and when Yuu looked he groaned heavily now.

"Khan, NFG get your fighters covered with the camo netting the last thing we need is for the craft to be spotted because we were sloppy," Yuu said quickly to Ina and Raidern as he continued to camonet his own craft taking the time to make the netting look like a natural part of the environment before opening up the next container completely getting out the boat and everything carefully inflating it completely now.  He checked the raft over calmly to make sure it was all good.

"There," he murmured out before getting up and checked his guns and the rest of the standard kit he had brought with him.  He made sure the safeties were on for both weapons before switching the pistols safety to off.
Characters
LTJG Lance 'Janus' Callaeros
ENS Keiko 'Pixie' Skylark

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
Ina KHAN!

Ina saw that serious look in Dorian's eyes.  What to make of it?  How could man look at her with such eyes?   Did he not see how cute she was?   Is he really that hardcore of a soldier guy not to be attracted to her.   Ina knew the answer and she was intimated.  A guy only acts that serious for one reason.   micro-penis she returns his look but did it crossed eyed.  Then Yuu ordered them to cover up their fighters.

Ina struggled to get the net over the VF-4.   "I don't think anyone is going to mistake this giant shaped VF bush for a real one."