Author Topic: 'Quod nocet, saepe docet..' (First day - training exercise)  (Read 6771 times)

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
  • Dont hate the player...hate the game...
    • View Profile
Re: 'Quod nocet, saepe docet..' (First day - training exercise)
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 04:24:51 PM »
Lieutenant (JG) Dorian "Glacier" Gray
Silent and Deadly

Dorian didn't break his gaze on Ina, even when Duane spoke up.

"Yo, let's get this bird covered!"

"Khan, NFG get your fighters covered with the camo netting the last thing we need is for the craft to be spotted because we were sloppy,"

Hearing Yuu calling out, he waited for Ensign Kahn to do as ordered, he wasn't going to let this go.  She wasn't above the others and he wanted her to fall into line with everyone else.  Who does this girl think she is?  Geez...its like she thinks the Marines wont shoot her since she thinks she is cute...I would and wouldn't hesitate...  As she moved to do as Yuu had ordered, she gave him a cross-eyed look which angered him greatly.  He fought back the urge to lash out at her and turned back to face Yuu and moved over to his location.

"Lieutenant...is the boat ready sir?"

As he waited to hear his CO's answer, he started to pace a bit.

"Sir...may I speak freely?"

"Have you...I do.  Outnumbered...they are." ~ Yoda from the Clone Wars

Offline Lance

• Colonel
  • Official Ninja Lurker
    • View Profile
    • KeeperOf42
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
Yuu "Paladin" Takeo
The Lieutenant; Pausing in the work.

"Camo is camo they aren't going to patrol this far out and it's to prevent the enemy from spotting them from the air.  And put your helmet on if this were a real mission they'd shoot you point-blank," Yuu said sharply to Ina in a tone that brooked no arguement as he heard footsteps and glanced over his shoulder seeing Dorian and hearing his first question.  Yuu shifted glancing at the raft briefly for a moment.

"As good as it's going to get I'm no boyscout just doing what basic taught us," Yuu said with a faint grin as he did the final adjustments on the raft hearing Dorian's request to speak freely he motioned to switch over to helmet comms.

-="Granted now what's the problem Glacier?"=-
Characters
LTJG Lance 'Janus' Callaeros
ENS Keiko 'Pixie' Skylark

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 03:38:23 PM »
Silent and Deadly

"Granted now what's the problem Glacier?"

Dorian shifted from foot to foot for a second before speaking.

"Paladin...I'm sorry for stepping on Kahn's toes but her behavior is unbecoming of an officer and I just couldn't stand by any longer...sir."

He glanced over his shoulder to see Ina and the others covering their fighters as ordered.  He turned back and faced Yuu again.

"I just wanted to apologize for overstepping any boundaries."

Offline Lance

• Colonel
  • Official Ninja Lurker
    • View Profile
    • KeeperOf42
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »
Yuu "Paladin" Takeo
The Lieutenant; Pausing in the work.

"No apology necessary," Yuu said finally now as he stood up and looked over at Glacier.

"Better you then me trying to keep her in line because even with my rank I doubt she'll listen to me given our relationship before she wound up in this unit," Yuu admitted finally.

"Something I'll need to work on after this or let someone meaner then me sort her out," Yuu said slowly making sure that Ina couldn't overhear the conversation as he made sure he was working on her fighter still.  "I agree that her behavior is definitely unbecoming of an officer, still Ina is stubborn as hell and she's got guts if nothing else."
Characters
LTJG Lance 'Janus' Callaeros
ENS Keiko 'Pixie' Skylark

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 05:36:47 PM »
Silent and Deadly

Hearing Yuu made him feel a bit relieved and it also allowed him to get to know he man better.

"She'll need guts.  Is guts alone going to be enough?  She obviously has something if she is here but Im afraid her attitude may end up hurting someone.  I volunteer to help get her back in line sir...that is...if you think its okay...sir?"

Dorian knelt down and grabbed one of the grips on the raft and lifted it.

"Shall we move this to the water?  Its almost time to get started."

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 07:39:22 PM »
Ina KHAN!
She was aware that Dorian was talking to Yuu.  She didn't know what the subject was.  Ina just got the VF-4 covered when she started sneezing.  
"Ahcoo, someone must be talking about me."
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline knight

• Major
  • Uranium Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 01:51:29 AM »
ENS Giti Setarehnejad
Zoomy

Giti monitored the various sensor readings, having rudimentary knowledge of what they were at best. She was trained as a pilot, not an electronic warfare officer. She let her gaze drift out of the cockpit again, watching the Foxes drift farther away as they approached their landing zone. What a change. Giti thought, reminiscing over her time spent hoofing it or the ever violent planetary drops.

“No, Commander. Command says they are working on finding a suitable billet, though one would think they would have a long list of squadrons in need of personnel.” She brought her eyes forward, looking at Illiana through one of the pilot's rear view mirrors as her eyebrows shot up in surprise. I thought this unit was spec ops, Giti's thoughts trailed off as Ina's broadcast came to an end.

“To finish, ma'am,” Giti began again over the ship's intercom, “For now I'm back with the marines, my old unit none the less.” She rolled her eyes under her visor, “Their personal zoomy, they so fondly address me as.” The tone of Giti's voice sharing her good-if-annoyed humor about the nickname, "The joke being, ma'am, that zoomies are only good for two things- making movies and air-cover-aye-owe-yous." She didn't know if the joke would cross branch boundaries. Some dark humored marine jokes one could not appreciate without experiencing the root of it. "Basically it's akin to calling someone a lazy, melodramatic movie or pop star."

Giti patiently awaited Illiana's landing, set for what was bound to be a simple task. To date, as far as Giti could remember, this would be the easiest training op she had been on. The perks of being an observer!
Characters:
- ENS Zeliha "Knight" Kragl

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
  • Luck is one of my skills!
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8926537&Mytoken=20
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 11:34:24 PM »

Snake covered his VF and starts walking around the group, observing them but keeps a slow pace, his rifle at ready for battle and an eye around the vicinity, "We need to hurry, every minute counts..." He looks around some more, "...have any of you ever tried hiding in a cardboard box? It's pretty damn useful if your inside the enemy base...yeah..." He was never good at small talk, always kept to himself but always hated silence when working in a group which he rarely did. David rather be alone but also disliked it, even radio chatter helped feel that void of human interaction. So it's obvious that his small talk with most people to be extremely lacking, "Is anyone gonna make her put her helmet back on???"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:53:37 PM by Dyson »
If mice could swim they would float with the tide and play with the fish; Down by the seaside, the cats on the shore would quickly agree.

Offline Johnny

• Captain
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »
ENS Raidern Evander

After covering the VF Raidern walks over to Lieutenant (JG) Dorian and says 'so whats the game plan'.

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »
Silent and Deadly

'so whats the game plan'.

Dorian was busy helping Lieutenant Takeo with the transport of the team's raft when Raidern approaches.  Turning to see his new team mate standing there, Dorian could only shake his head.

"Well for starters...you could help us out here."

He let his gaze linger on the man and wondered to himself how he ever got into a Spec-Ops crew like theirs but there must have been something special that he brought to the table or he wouldn't be there at all.  With that, Dorian turned back to his duty and helped carry the raft to the water and then organized his gear on board before getting on himself.

Acting GM POST

Enemy HQ
Mission Clock:  13:50

Commander Jansen sits quietly in his room and carefully watches the various monitors that have been set up for him.  Monitors that no one but him will be able to view as the exercise progresses.  He watches for any signs of the unit making its grand entrance and to see if they can function as a unit.  Should be anytime now...  He thinks to himself as he gazes down to his watch.

Mission Area

The Foxes get their VF Lightnings covered and the raft down to the water where they all climb in and start their journey across the channel to the target area.  They make no sound as they make their way through the water and all, even Ina, are completely focused on the task at hand.  Each member of the team knows full well what their goal is and what they will need to do to get it done.

After a bit of quietly paddling across the channel, the raft approaches the target landing area and as far as they can tell there are no patrols visible as of yet.  They had accomplished their first goal...they had landed safely at the target area and could now proceed on mission....

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 02:25:14 PM »

Ina Khan!

She was thinking about an old nursery song during their trip.  It would have been perfect to sing during it.  Ina couldn't remember every line.  It may have went like this.   Row. Row. Row your Boat gently down the Stream.  Oh my god there's a dead hobo in the Stream.   Fish him out.  Watch out for his nuts.  Gold Fish are chewing on his inseam.  Stepping out of the boat Ina took off that blasted helmet and shook her hair dry.

OOC:
Back & Rdy.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
    • Rogue-Z (yes, it's a stupid blog)
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2009, 10:54:51 PM »
Lieutenant (jg) Duane "D-Bear" Dearbone
Focused! Oscar Mike!

Fox Seven, Fireteam Bravo

Duane sits in the back of the raft conserving his strength, trying to stay loose. He keeps a hand on the claymores, running his fingers over one trying to get just a bit more familiar with his assigned weapon.

When the raft hits the target beach Duane follows the rest of his fireteam off the inflatable moving quickly and quietly. He struggles under the weight of his gear, but he keeps his rifle ready, the safety off. As soon as he starts to move, he scans the surroundings looking for anything, weapon following his eyes. Put out one of my eyes and I still got two, Put out the second one and I can still see you, triple optics he mouths silently flipping through his passive optics.

"Fox Seven. oscar mike!"
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM
M:GP