Author Topic: 2055.08.24 Tuesday  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
Re: 2055.08.24 Tuesday
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 05:11:22 AM »
Ensign David “Rainman” Hutchinson
Deck 04 Mess Hall

David looked up from his own communicator and the message he’d just attached Jacob’s map to.  “Oh, well…Cee Em there got fried by a target drone that just shifted to berserk mode, as did Roth I think.  Tank got a little dazzled by the light show and got tagged sitting still, but you didn’t hear it from me.  We had it kinda easy really, just a bunch of half dumb-drones flailing about.”  Rainman looked down once more at his communicator.  “Hey, you said it was Ensign Skylark might be an alternative.” This last was said without much of a questioning inflective, half directed towards Knave as David hit “Send.”

==========
To: Ensign Keiko Skylark
Not a Remora Prank or virus I swear!
Attachment: map****size****

Hey, this is awkward but I heard you might be an alternative talent on board.   I can’t really explain it but I just can’t navigate enclosed spaces.  I get turned around without at least some kind of guidance system, and since there’s no easy compass heading, I thought I’d see if I could get my hands on a map with position tracking…but all I’ve been able to get so far is a map put together by someone else in my squad.  Think you can whip something up?  I just don’t have the computer expertise to figure it out in time for it to be useful here.  Name your price.

/Ensign David Hutchinson
 VT-17 Remora
==========

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 08:15:17 PM »
2055.08.24 Tuesday 11:30 GST/04:30 Local Time Tuesday Morning
Scorpii 18 System
Planet Buthridas
Training Carrier Chaerilidae
Deck CD02- Office of Lt. J. Sinderman

ENS Alma "Mouse" Dalkarn
In a quest to learn stronger kung-fu.

Clad in her duty uniform, Alma took a deep breath as she came to a stop before the door to LT Sinderman's office. The red-haired EWO fidgeted with her uniform's shirt for a moment, feeling the faint metallic taste of adrenaline in her tastebuds as she summoned the courage to push the small buzzer button mounted on the hatch's frame.
Kinda late to be getting cold feet, Alma. A small voice told her, the voice instantly recognizable as her sister's. Whatever she wants, you can deal with it.
Doing all she could to steel herself for the upcoming meeting, she thumbed the buzzer.

Twenty minutes earlier.

The shower worked wonders on Alma's battered self. Having finished washing her hair rather quickly -one of the many benefits to maintaning a helmet-friendly haircut-, the red-haired EWO stood unmoving under the steady stream of water droplets for a moment, luxuriating in the feeling that some of her exhaustion was actually getting washed away along with the grime and sweat she'd accumulated during the flight.
Most of all, the silence coming from the shower stall currently occupied by her sister felt a bit surreal. She knew that Nilke had been feeling amped-up upon landing, and Alma still felt the sting of guilt at not managing to share her sister's enthusiasm over the squadrons' -not to mention their own- performance throughout the exercise. Had Alma managed to join in, her twin most likely would've spent most of their time inside the locker room cracking jokes and sharing her opinion on the fleet's exercise.
You could've chosen not to make a big deal and just told her outright, you know?  Alma thought, biting down gently on her lower lip as she cut off the water flow.  Still, the red-haired EWO knew that telling her sister about her meeting with Faye would've been a bad idea. The instructor's behaviour during the party a few days earlier -she had plied Baressa and Nilke with enough booze to sink the average cruise liner- plus her antics while racing the Captain back at the pool the following day had made the red-haired EWO feel wary of the Lieutenant.

She had a nagging suspicion that Nilke wouldn't approve of her meeting Faye alone, most likely deeming that the Lieutenant's offer wasn't on the level.
It probably isn't, but it's not like I have plenty of options available. Plus, Nilke'd tell me to just trudge along until I get over my feelings for Lance anyway, and that isn't working. The red-haired EWO told herself as she reached for a towel, drying herself off thoroughly before making her way to the locker area. The sounds of a running shower and the small wisps of steam coming from the stall Nilke was occupying told Alma that her sister wasn't about done with her shower.
I won't sacrifice her career over my infatuation with Lance, and whatever she has in mind has the potential to help me move on.
Alma then proceeded to get dressed, mostly on autopilot.
You can do this.

Lieutenant Jezebel “Faye” Sinderman

Faye schooled her features into a look of reluctant disappointment at the sound of her office door buzzer and tapped the desktop button to open the door and rested her elbows on top, fingers laced except for her pointers which were pressed to her lips.  Alma’s first look of her superior officer showed the blue haired beauty appraising Alma not unkindly, though with intense focus.  With a resigned tone of voice, Faye addressed Alma, “Well Ensign Dalkarn, you being here means you’re perceptive enough to see how precarious your footing has become.  There’s hope for you yet.”  The drawn out assessment ended with a lilt of amusement and approval.  Faye never broke eye contact as she sat back in her chair, her tight service uniform highlighting everything desirable about her body.

“As your superior it is my duty to you to be intimately familiar with you…your file…and everything in relation.  Do you know what it means to be familiar with Alma Dalkarn?”  The approval in Faye’s voice seemed to break as she responded to her own question.  “The obvious answer is to look first at your twin.  And that’s the problem, isn’t it?  Your sister is holding you back.”  She paused a moment, as if reluctant to add, “In fact, if not for you, she wouldn't be here...and you're barely holding on, aren't you? It's the curse of EWOs to be portered on the shoulders of something so animal as a pilot, and you have the unique curse of your palanquin being carried by a pilot more base than most, one who shares your blood.  So enraptured by the crude application of their physical selves as to believe their skills are the most essential at play…perhaps that lack of refinement is in the genes? Whatever the case, I know you're trying, afterall, you’ve made it this far."  There was sympathy and a touch of annoyance in Lt. Sinderman’s words, though over what was for Alma to decide.  The words hung in the silence between them as Faye looked Alma from head to toe several times before smiling.

“You’re not without talent, little Mouse, but I don’t think you have it in you to overcome your sister’s deficiencies on your own.  But…I’m not the aloof Meltran beauty everyone thinks I am; You know if I take special interest in you there will be many objections. A shining light like myself attracts a lot of attention...can you be discreet?"  Jezebel brought her finger to her lips in a shushing gesture and gave Alma her most mischievous and promise filled smile behind it, a blue curl dropping alluringly across her eye.

ENS Alma "Mouse" Dalkarn
Upon listening to the door's mechanisms cycle open, the red-haired EWO stepped into Faye's office and walked inside, coming to a stop a few feet away from the desk. As dictated by military tradition, Alma stood at attention and kept her gaze fixated on the section of bulkhead above the lieutenant's head as the latter began talking.
The mental preparations Alma'd made prior to meeting Faye managed to weather the first few sentences just fine, but the red-haired EWO quickly found herself trying to keep her mounting anger and annoyance from showing anywhere on her person as Faye started taking some cheap shots at her sister and pilots in general. As an EWO, she'd never deemed her job to be more important than that of her pilot. After all, the crew had to stay alive for the EWO in order to get the job done in the first place as far as she was concerned.
A few retorts came to mind right then and there, focused mostly on the lieutenant's apparent inability to make up her mind in regards to who exactly was it that was holding the Dalkarn sisters back, either pilot or EWO. Faye's impromptu speech back at the pool had Alma as the one stuck, with her sister managing to 'find her way'. Still, that train of thought didn't keep a small voice from speaking up from the far recess of her mind.

You think she couldn't be more wrong, huh? Tell me something then. Who has spent the last few years doing all she can to keep her sister from getting into trouble?

That, along with the knowledge that she did need outside help at overcoming her crush on Lance, was enough to make the anger and annoyance leak out of her rather quickly.

You'd better tread lightly.

The red-haired EWO's gaze moved down from the bulkhead to look at the lieutenant's face.

"I can be discreet, ma'am."

Faye’s laugh was like music in response.  “Please, if I’m going to be as involved in refining you as you need, you deserve to call me something more intimate.  Miss Jez will do when it’s just you and I, Alma.  Now, sit, and we’ll see what you can work on before I call on you next, shall we?  Tell me, since improving or removing your sister from the equation seems to be impossible, and your loyalty to her is completely undeserved but very beautiful, what is it that we can cut from you to find that first facet of your inner gem?  I have notes but I think you need to say it out loud to someone who cares about you.”

ENS Alma "Mouse" Dalkarn

Alma smiled nervously upon listening to Faye's laughter, unsure as to what the addition of the 'MIss' before the lieutenant's nickname meant, or what would it entail. That train of thought however, ran off the tracks shortly afterwards upon listening to Faye telling her that she was to say Lance's name out loud, a few seconds later.
Her earlier thoughts of treading lightly coming back with a vengeance, a somewhat paler-looking, red-haired EWO scanned the lieutenant's face for a moment, trying to figure out whether she could trust her or not. Wishing for an extra moment to think things through, Alma turned to  taking a seat on the chair sitting in front of Faye's desk.
Trying the same solution time and again while expecting a different result to the problem won't do, Alma.
"I... I... thi... no." Call it like it is. "I'm in love with Lieutenant Calleros, Miss Jez." She croaked. "...and I want it to stop."

Faye kept an even expression and tone as she replied to Alma, “Good girl.  But how do you even know its love that you’re feeling for the boy?  I admit that he is pretty, for a human, and that alone makes him different and interesting.  Far be it from me to criticize playing with a human…but it can never go anywhere.  And if it can never go anywhere, is it really love?  If all you want is to be played with…valued…well…to be a toy…there are other ways to get yourself off that are less career ending.  You just need to find someone to play with you I think…take your mind off the shiny human…”  Jezebel rose slowly from her chair, circled her desk, and sat herself across Alma’s lap.  “Who knows?” Faye’s breath was hot against Alma’s skin as she leaned in to whisper in her ear, “if you play with the right person, they might just want to keep you.”  Faye rose up from Alma’s lap, drawing her middle finger across Alma’s shoulder, up her neck and along her jaw to the tip of her chin, her perfume worming its way into Alma’s breaths.

Faye sat back on the edge of her desk, her knee high boots and tight uniform pants showing off her legs to dramatic effect as she leaned coyly forward.  “I know it can be hard on a ship this small…” Faye stretched herself back on her desk, both hands propping herself up.  “I certainly don’t have anyone to keep away the more animal needs I have…and I’m not as free as you are to find someone you know…”  Faye looked down a soft moment before looking past her brow up to meet Alma’s eyes.  “Maybe…maybe you could be the little Mouse that helps this Lioness?”

ENS Alma "Mouse" Dalkarn

Alma sat in silence as Faye questioned her crush on Lance, feeling her spirits plummet oncemore upon listening that a relationship with him wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere. It wasn't the first time she'd heard that particular tune, and the thought of their society's ridiculous stance on inter-species relationships brought the memory of Zeliha's impromptu visit to the Dalkarns' quarters a few days earlier to mind. Still, the red-haired EWO let that tidbit truly sink all the way down to what she hoped would be rock bottom, razor-sharp barbs and all.

The red-haired EWO couldn't keep one of her eyebrows from shooting up slightly a moment later upon listening to Faye's proposal for her to find someone to play with in order to keep herself from having any more silly thoughts on Lance. Before Alma could get started on thinking that through, or even reflect on the fact that she had virtually zero experience when it came to anything even remotely close to that sort of 'play' however, the lieutenant made her way around the desk and sat down across her lap.

The skin on the back of Alma's neck broke into goosebumps as Faye whispered in her ear, and the rest of the skin on the red-haired EWO's face soon determined that it wouldn't be outmached, making her blush furiously as Faye's fingertips danced across her shoulder and face. The smell of her perfume left Alma feeling strangely tingly as the lieutenant stood up and made a quick retreat to sit down again, on the edge of her desk.

The younger Dalkarn sibling listened attentively as Faye continued to speak, taking note of the decidedly suggestive pose adopted by the lieutenant as she made her plea for Alma to help her.  Truth be told, not being at liberty at choosing whatever partner the lieutenant wanted to have sex with didn't strike Alma as much of an issue, but if it helped both Faye and Alma steer clear of her feelings for Lance, she was all up for it.

A symbiotic relationship of sorts, maybe?

"I will help you, Miss Jez." Alma said before her face turned crimson again. "If you'll teach me."

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 03:16:11 PM by Zed Cassel »

Offline Harven

• Number Monkey
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Womp womp. A life story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 12:14:07 AM »
Jacob "CM" Medley
Food coma in 3...2...1
Mess Hall

"Yeah that is the braver than I wingman that I had mentioned," Jacob responds to the pair ahead of them as he waits in line. Once Kiera and Joseph have their trays he just steps up and gets some pasta with a bit of extra sauce to it and a couple slices of bread. He glances to Rainman as he types out his message and he gives a smile and nudges the man, "Rainman you should eat too...," but he turns away from the other pilot to add a couple drinks to his tray and then he steps away from the food line.

He walks back to the table where they had been and settles into a chair and begins to shift so he can lean over his food. While he eats he gets out his tablet again and sets it on the table and goes to pull up some other things that such a device should not have. With a glance around to make sure no one can look over his shoulder he begins to see if his virtual nemesis has been active. Of course anyone getting close my chance hearing him go very softly, "Here kitty kitty kitty...,"
No longer use AIM, MSN, ICQ, or YIM. Find me on Discord: harvenkarr#4077

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2019, 03:49:33 PM »
Kiera "Tart" Frost
Deck 04 Mess Hall

Kiera followed Knave down the lunch line, nodding at his comments about the food as picked out her own items. Fish over pasta for sure.

<...> There were no calls for discipline, no real chatter from them at all really.  Does it check with you that this was more an assessment rather than a drill?

"Yeah that checks out. Probably a bit of both?" She replied to Knave, sitting down at the table across from him. "Bit of a dress rehersal for the seniors too, while simultaneously getting a good read on us newbies?". As she got started on her food she kept most of her attention on the conversation and the question Knave had put forth to Rainman.

Offline Azazel

• Hero of the MRG
  • Lt. Colonel
  • Soylent green is good for the skin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2019, 08:50:20 PM »
OOC: A joint post by Arvanna and yours truly. Enjoy. ^_^

BIC:
A smile tugged the ends of Nilke's lips upwards oncemore as Baressa shared her thoughts on the latest exercise. Laying back slightly on her bunk, the red-haired pilot used both her arms and elbows to prop herself up in a more comfortable position. The shower from earlier hadn't fully managed to get rid of the aftereffects of the SERE-esque training session plus sitting down on an ejection seat for several hours straight. As she listened, Nilke felt a slight sting of jealousy at the freedom her one-seater colleagues'd been afforded during the fictional raid, engaging a sky full of bogies most of the time while the EWOs worked their magic at playing interference for the fleet.

Still, she'd managed to get some fictional bandit kills of her own when the orders came for the twin-seaters to help mop up the enemy, so Nilke wasn't about to start complaining about it.

Baressa then changed topics, telling the red-haired pilot that she'd take her phone into the shower stall with her so she could message Nilke next time around. The red-haired pilot chuckled at the remark, and a bit of redness appeared on her cheeks as the mental image of her purple-haired friend -sans clothing, of course- came to mind.

Ignoring the bit about her sister, as the red-haired pilot quickly decided not to let anything Alma-related spoil her mood, she spoke again.

"I'd sure like to catch you in the shower B. No point in either of us having a phone right that moment, though."

Nilke felt a pleasurable warmth spreading throughout her body as she looked at her decidedly attractive looking friend, and it had her bite down slightly on her lower lip.

Offering Baressa a mischievous smile of her own. “Care for an encore of the observation deck?”

Baressa arched an eyebrow at her friend sprawled upon the bunk, she'd been trying to be careful about assuming too much from that moment on the observation deck. She really liked Nilke, a lot and hadn't wanted to risk overstepping things by, well moving too fast, Hell they'd only been on the ship and actually aware of the mutual attraction for a couple of days. However in light of this rather... open invitation she couldn't deny that her hunger for some food was taking a backseat to, other appetites.

"Let me see?" Baressa murmured coyly tapping her finger on her chin before making her way across the cabin, crawling on to the bunk to straddle atop Nilke. Eye to eye "Did you mean an encore of this?" and leaned in to kiss her.

Some time later

Both pilots walked down Chaerilidae's passageways, headed towards the mess hall and the glorious food to be found within. Poacher had a visible spring to her step and quite a content smile on her face. "So I opened up the door and there was my Little Sister hugging a body pillow she'd made out of a centerfold of Lance." telling her story as they walked "I tell you the expression on her face was priceless and if only I had my camera with me??!!"

A decidedly pleased-looking Nilke -the broad grin plastered on her face was a dead giveaway-, walked down the passageway alongside Baressa. She couldn't keep herself from laughing out loud at her story, wincing inwardly a moment later as the thought of how she'd ousted Lance's little secret popped into her mind. While she'd apologized already, she knew how big a deal it was to the blond-haired pilot.

I'll ask dad to mail me a few boxes of strawberry pocky. That'll help.

A moment's pause ensued. I sure hope so, anyways.

Taking a mental note of it, Nilke turned her full attention back to Baressa. The red-haired pilot chose not to regale her friend with a story on Alma's youthful crushes -she still didn't want to think about her sister at the moment- but settled on sharing something that just felt right somehow.

"I really like it when you tell me stories about your family, B. I'd sure like to spend some time with them at some point."

Thinking back to Baressa's request in regards to taking things slowly, Nilke quickly spoke up again. "Whenever you feel like it, that is." She said, the slightest hint of red showing in her cheeks as she scratched the back of her head for a moment.

Yep. You definitely suck at the 'taking things slow' department. she thought.

"I think you'd get along well with my folks." Baressa replied. "Just be prepared to hear a ton of stories about back when they were still on active duty. I keep expecting to read about Mom stealing an old Rau power armor out of a flight museum and taking it for a flight just for giggles." Reaching the hatch to the mess hall she stepped through and glanced about to see who was already there before making a beeline to the serving line.

She spent a few moments to take in what was to be had before starting to load up her tray "Dad's a bit more laid back but he's hinted at wanting to get a look at my VF to see how it stacks up against his old ride?"

Picking up a tray from the pile at the beginning of the line, Nilke eyed the day's offerings, chuckling a little upon listening to Baressa's comment on her dad's hidden agenda of sorts.

A quick glance at their surroundings revealed a few familiar faces , and any waves or acknowledgements directed at her would've resulted in a friendly nod from the red-haired pilot as she followed Baressa towards the glorious sight -and smells- of warm food.

"Your parents sure sound like fun." The red-haired pilot said admiringly, thinking that while she could picture her mom boosting a Q-Rau from a museum, there'd be no giggling involved, only smoking craters and bullet-ridden things for someone to haul off sometime after the theft took place. "Well, I'd say that my dad wouldn't hop back into a cockpit. Not for a million credits."

A large helping of fish and pasta made their way unto her tray as she continued to talk.

"I mean... I think my dad would've re-enlisted if things got bad enough for us, but as a last-resort kind of thing."

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 02:49:09 PM »
Ruth “Drone” Rigga
Mess hall

Ruth sat staring out in space, lost in her own thoughts without really thinking about anything, the exhaustion from both the troubles with her EWO and the Chaerilidae shedule taking their toll. She finally shook herself back to reality as the smells of food reached her. Looking around the hall she noticed more of her squadmates had arrived, but not yet the ones she wanted to... No wait! Wasn't that them in the food line? Yeah no mistaking that purple and red combo. Pushing up from her seat Ruth steeled herself for the uncomfortable task of having to offer an apology as she moved to join the queue, a few people behind Poacher and Scarlet. She needed to eat, so she picked some food for herself, hoping to be able to catch the two weirdos weirdos perhaps, but not bullies after the queue.

Soon as she cleared the queue Ruth hurried to intercept Baressa and Nilke, hopefully before they had time to join the other squadmates, interjecting a "Hey, we need to... uh... can we talk?"

Offline arvanna

• Brigadier General
  • Meltrans only reason I need to support cloning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2019, 07:57:51 PM »
"Hey, we need to... uh... can we talk?"

Ens. Baressa *Poacher*  Chardona

Chuckling at Nilke's reply she was just turning away from the serving line when the last person she expected to see, let alone wanted to run into called out as she approached. Despite that she did note a decided lack of Drone's typical hostility so against her better judgement B took a small breath then fully turned to look at Drone with a neutral expression and nodded "Okay...what do you want to talk about..and can we do it while we eat?"
when at first you don't succeed your obviously not leading the target enough !!

Offline Lance

• Colonel
  • Official Ninja Lurker
    • View Profile
    • KeeperOf42
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2019, 11:26:12 AM »
Lieutenant Junior Grade Lance "Janus" Callaeros
Golf Zeero Wun
Need a moment?  Grab a snickers.

Lance paused at the question, he recalled having a similar conversation with Lieutenant Frost, perhaps he'd need to talk to her again, it was clear out of the JGs he and her seemed to be the most level-headed and least likely to bite off people's heads just because what pilots thought was 'good' was being flipped on it's ass courtesy of the higher standards that Cassel had here.  He paused for a moment and folded his arms almost adopting a classic thinking stance that'd look good on a romance novel or the front of a magazine....he certainly had the looks for that.

"I think it's a mixture of pride being snapped by the higher standards here as well as the shock of not being the best now," Lance commented before he held up a hand to waist level.  "Back in the academy yes things had demands but it was clear which of the students were the most talented, be it natural skill from pilots with naturally good reflexes, or students who were academic dogs, or your hard-workers that kept on pushing things to earn their keep.  Either way regardless everyone here was comfortable being in the top percentile of what the Three Spheres needs, that we knew any squadron assignment we would have gotten we would have fast-tracked to flight lead, and then easily gotten an ace status somewhere along the way."

"I think it's a deliberate crucible by Cassel, him basically throwing down the gauntlet saying 'you're good but I want you better'.   All of us will shape up here and we'll adjust, Cassel wouldn't have let us step foot here if we weren't the top percentage of the academy graduates for one reason or another.  Few people are looking at it long-term though, pilots are naturally competitive and suddenly being told your best isn't good enough chaffs people the wrong way.  So people are going to be stressed and snippy until Chaer routine becomes routine to us.  I planned on talking with Lieutenant Enquiry as we as Lieutenant JG Frost on possible ways to try and head-off the stress before pilot pride causes people to do things in the heat of the moment..." Lance admitted now as he instantly flashed back to what Nilke had done...And it needs done sooner then later. He thought to himself idly.  He paused realizing he had done the rambling and then rubbed the back of his head.

"Sorry guess I've been analyzing this more then I thought," he admitted sheepishly realizing he had yapped a good bit before heading out into a hall with Jenny and paused at a machine getting a canned tea for himself, a cold drink after an unwind from range shooting always put him in a better mood.
Characters
LTJG Lance 'Janus' Callaeros
ENS Keiko 'Pixie' Skylark

Offline Lance

• Colonel
  • Official Ninja Lurker
    • View Profile
    • KeeperOf42
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2019, 12:04:33 PM »
Ensign Keiko "Fluff" Skylark
What code monkey was allowed near this code?

"Ensign, the role of a soldier is to kill and to die for others convictions. In your case, with the defence force of the three spheres it would mean killing and dying for those traditions, that culture and those prejudices you wanted to run away from. If war came here, you would have traded escape from distasteful words for blood and death in defence of the culture that nurtured them." Mjuiri's fingers absentmindedly traced the line where her left leg had once been severed. "Sometimes, the only merit that matters is being alive when everyone else is not. I hear it can take you all the way to Major..." the earlier frown and slightly annoyed almost hostile expression had vanished, and she finished with a surprisingly mirthful smile contrasting both her blank eyes and the fairly morbid... joke?

She blinked and shook her head rapidly and then held up her hands in a panic.

"I didn't mean it like that I just...." she groaned for a moment and then tried to think of the best way to word it.  "Here in the military despite me being a halfer I'm recognized for my merits, I don't get instantly discredited just because I'm of mixed birth...." she said gently now as she tapped her finger against the rim of the can and then made a gesture in the direction of just well an out there.

"Out there I'm a half-blood, I'm everything that the culture doesn't want to exist, I've lost an internship that should have been mine being the highest merited student but because someone didn't want a halfer to win it, they fudged the results.  At least here if something like that ever happened I can report it to the proper channels and fight it out with regulations and ironclad rules on my side..." Keiko said with a frown as she rubbed the back of her head.

"I'm here because it's my best chance to make something of myself outside of jest a self-employed option where I can just hide in the unknowns of the internet where I'm just known for an online avatar and my whiz skills at coding and hacki-...."  Her PDA buzzed again.  She swore to the ever-living primevils if this was a surprise training she was going to hack Pocky's locker and turn it into a damn advertisement, complete with order area for people to order the shit!  Actually that wasn't a bad idea....maybe not the order thing....but the first part sounded great....

She blinked though and UGHED at the slapdash monkey thrown drek that was sent her way.

"One moment, I need to fix a Code Monkey's work...." she slipped on a blue-tooth earpiece and then got out a small device.  Wireframe keyboard appearing on the surface of the metal lift that her and the Major were sitting on.

=======

To :: Ensign David Hutchinson
Title :: Kei-Ko to the ressss-cueeee~ 

OOC :: Just get the old HQ commercial jingle stuck in your head now.

Rather then a message a squishy kitten avatar rolled in as what appeared to be a fluffy ball with ears and adorable blue eyes.  Then a little kitty tail.

"Oh my god I would get lost to if I let some slap-dash code without using the ship's heading as a compass...." the avatar explained before it ATE the map and crunched it and then a little 'DELETED' text bubble would appear.  "Now let's see, use the ship's heading as an always North Compass taking advantage of the onboard ship network....." there was pieces of code literally being put together almost like a jigsaw puzzle.  "A color-coded map with the ability to set flags on important areas for you...." a much more detailed model appearing as the Kitty Avatar struggled and pulled out a file which was forcefully uploaded to David's PDA.

No horrid Code-Monkey standards here, no sir!

"And musn't forget a route to area.  You can just type the name or number of the room in question and you can use it as a route from wherever you are on the ship thanks to the ship's network design, I love carriers for that reason, there pretty much isn't a dead-zone anywhere on ship.  Works great when hungover, or in total zombie mode courtesy of the EVIL BEYOND EVIL that is Pocky's training course...."

BAM a much more pretty map combined with little fireworks shooting off from the avatar as BETTER THEN CODE MONKEY'S slap-dash code was now saved and optimized for the PDA hardware that everyone here used.

"If you have any errors lemme know bye bye~" The kitty avatar waved excitedly on screen before it exploded into PINK CONFETTI which vanished, the end result though?  A much better looking and completely Keiko approved to not get HER LOST map.

=====

Coughed realizing that Mjuiri could probably hear the fact that Keiko had been voicing the avatar as she took off the ear-piece and turned off the grid keyboard before putting them away, Keiko scratching her cheek now.

"Sorry, had to fix some slap-dash code, lazy coding is like a primal sin....like interrupting nap times....or skipping dessert..." she murmured now as speaking of food her stomach growled ferociously.

"And my stomach agrees there...I need something more in me then coffee and a slice of cake.  I.....appreciate this conversation Commander..." she said gently now giving a warmer smile now.  "Lunch?"
Characters
LTJG Lance 'Janus' Callaeros
ENS Keiko 'Pixie' Skylark

Offline Azazel

• Hero of the MRG
  • Lt. Colonel
  • Soylent green is good for the skin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2019, 03:05:28 PM »
ENS Nilke “Scarlet” Dalkarn
Knight on a white... VF?

Armed with a tray full of glorious, glorious food, the red-haired pilot made no attempt at hiding her annoyance upon listening to Drone calling out to them, the smile on Nilke's face quickly evaporating. The not-so-veiled threat that'd followed Tweak's barber misadventure -mostly aimed at none other than Baressa- came to mind without much prompting on the red-haired pilot's part and, coupled with the memory of Drone flipping the finger at her friend shortly afterwards, made Nilke's temper flare. Badly.

Failing to take note of the lack of anger in Drone's voice as she'd called out nor her body language as she made her way to them a moment later, fully expecting another round of angry yapping from her fellow pilot to ensue before long, Nilke tensed up. Her body readied itself to try its level best at wrapping the metal-made tray around Drone's skull.

Still, a glance at Baressa revealed her friend taking a breath prior to turning to look at the shorter pilot. It made Nilke arch an eyebrow, and Baressa's calm attitude proved enough for her to take a step back and not let anger take over. Not yet anyway.

"Let's go find an empty table and listen to whatever Drone wants, B." She said, not waiting for Drone to reply either on the topic or place of the upcoming conversation.

She turned to look at Drone pointedly before speaking anew. "Freaks gotta eat."

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2019, 10:14:40 AM »
Ruth "Drone" Rigga
Mess hall

"Okay...what do you want to talk about..and can we do it while we eat?"

Ruth nodded in affirmation, but before she could add words to that Scarlett added a sharp "Freaks gotta eat" to which Ruth simply shrugged biting back the retort that wanted to form and instead gestured towards an empty table a bit off to the side where they should be able to talk in relative privacy.

Sitting down at the table Ruth poked her food, sampling a bit of it as she waited for the other two pilots to settle in. She waited until both pilots looked at her expectantly, before taking a deep breath and speaking up. "I appear to have made a mistake. You are not bullies." Just freaks "Tweak says it wasn't you who did it to her. So I apologise for accusing you." But you could have fuckin said something! The angry thought suppressed to just a twitch of her eye. She paused for a second before continuing. "Twitch still won't tell me WHO did it though. Do... do you two know anything?" Her voice pending between angry and pleading with an ever present overtone of exhaustion.

Offline arvanna

• Brigadier General
  • Meltrans only reason I need to support cloning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2019, 12:50:53 PM »
Baressa *Poacher* Chardona

Taking her own seat at the table Baressa busied herself tearing into her chicken Alfredo and pasta while she waited on Drone's question. Chewing she couldn't keep a blissful expression creep over her face, damn this was delicious and the taste was settling her angry stomach by the second.

While she ate she called up the incident then set down her fork to look over at Drone "I think she did it herself Drone. When Red and I passed by the barber shop there was just her and the Barber in there and all I did was say the new cut looked good on her. She didn't act as if she'd been forced to get it cut or that she was, well unhappy with it. Why? Did she say someone forced her?"
when at first you don't succeed your obviously not leading the target enough !!

Offline Harven

• Number Monkey
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Womp womp. A life story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2019, 02:30:44 PM »
Jacob "CM" Medley
Bedroom Eyes
Mess Hall to Transition

With no kitty to be found right now, Jacob closes down his tablet and he peeks his head up taking a look around. He smiles seeing other pilots have gathered and he takes note of the trio off for what looks like a serious talk. He leans back into his seat and then finishes his drink while he gathers up the detrius from his lunch. He takes his things to the recycler and disposes of them and then turns to make his way out.

As he passes the table where Frost and her wingman sit he just raises his hand in a 'See ya around.' gesture and he makes for the way out. From there he starts to wander on autopilot back to his quarters, a yawn stifled as he goes, "Can't requisition sleep...," he mocks to no one in particular.
No longer use AIM, MSN, ICQ, or YIM. Find me on Discord: harvenkarr#4077

Online Crimson Reaver

• GM
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://bubblegumcrisis.org/Avatars.htm
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
Ensign Jennifer "Pillow" Adrasteia

"Sorry guess I've been analyzing this more then I thought"

That doesn't surprise me Jenny thought to herself From what I've seen so far, you're not just a pretty face.

She took the opportunity to fill her water bottle whilst Lance used the vending machine.

I wasn't expecting him to be so upfront about things. Does he think I've asked because of something to do with Keiko and he trying to reassure me that it's being covered? But if that's the case, why didn't he just say?

"I appreciate the honesty Lieutenant, where I come from you get used to it and then in this rarefied atmosphere you tend to get people who don't shoot straight like you do, in either sense of the word!" She responded with a grin.

She'd not really expected to end up in a situation where she felt responsible for her RIO's safety both in and out of the cockpit and she was still very much trying to work out whether she'd do that better by physical threat or trying to build bridges. She'd made sure to challenge a few of the other crew in the gym, so that everyone had an idea of her current deadlift. She hoped that would focus a few minds if they were ever intending to cause her trouble. However she knew full well that you couldn't have that as your go to strategy. Cassel might let you get away with some brig time for giving someone a black eye, but probably only the once. Noting that Lance seemed in better spirits, she kept the tone light and added.

"So, hope I'm not one of the topics for discussion, I'd rather be known for my soft and fluffy demeanor!"

Pillow! Seriously, that's the best hazing they could come up with, really!

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2019, 03:06:13 PM »
Mjuiri "Void" Kavryn
Maintenance hangar area

Mjuiri listened to Keiko hurriedly clarifying what she meant while mostly gazing out over the hangar area and only occasionally glancing at Keiko through the corner of her eyes. The Zolan had folded one leg up as if going to sit cross legged, but the other leg still kept down the side of the lift they where sitting on. One hand rested on the leg she had pulled up.

<...> outside of jest a self-employed option where I can just hide in the unknowns of the internet where I'm just known for an online avatar and my whiz skills at coding and hacki-....

Mjuiri made a sound that was probably a short laugh of sorts, half mumbling "That doesn't sound bad at all..." in reply. Whether or not the pink haired student beside her took notice or not was hard to tell. She did seem rather busy with checking her PDA.

"One moment, I need to fix a Code Monkey's work...."

This got one ear raised from Mjuiri, soon followed by slightly more curious glances at what was happening on that PDA of Keiko's. Her eyes remained as expressionless as ever, but anyone paying enough attention could use the ear movements alone to deduce her piqued interest.

"Sorry <...>"
Mjuiri just waved dismissively and grimaced slightly at the apology, but smiled and nodded at the mention of appreciating the conversation. The mention of lunch did cause both ears to perk up, and she quickly checked her time piece to verify that yes, food could in fact be had now. "Yes! Definitely food!" came the surprisingly enthusiastic response, hinting that the instructors probably also had pretty packed schedules.