Author Topic: Status of Game  (Read 1846 times)

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
  • Dont hate the player...hate the game...
    • View Profile
Status of Game
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:35:51 PM »
As a result of the constant bickering and complaining about the time change, I have decided to lock the game thread until such time as we can decide what to do.  Sorry for the inconvenience but I am not getting paid for this or a babysitter.  So we need to decide what to do.

"Have you...I do.  Outnumbered...they are." ~ Yoda from the Clone Wars

Offline Nekoboy

• DeadAccount
  • Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Status of Game
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:12:34 AM »
I've never complained anything about the time-warp thingie in the game, but I can admit I was a little annoyed before the game actually started when I read about it. It's mainly because I wasn't forewarned or confirmed with that the setting would be different and I became suddenly confused outside the game what just happened.

But this isn't a major concern to the actual game, I will leave it to those who doesn't like the time-warp drama. I think their opinion has a much stronger input on this game then I have at the moment.

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
  • Luck is one of my skills!
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8926537&Mytoken=20
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:25:53 PM »
I want to continue. The whole time jump deal allows my character to become eventually more human which would've never changed or contemplated a real life of coexistance with others. He would've stricly been a soldier in 2028 and remained cold and heartless but realizing that nearly anyone he possibly cared about being dead 30yrs later, it changes everything. I'm more or less fascinated by this and changing the character this way is a rather unique opportunity to 'change the radio station' so to speak. How often does this happen in a Macross period game anyway? I now consider it a rare experience to be a part of.
If mice could swim they would float with the tide and play with the fish; Down by the seaside, the cats on the shore would quickly agree.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 11:33:09 AM »
Okay time to weigh in,

The Time Switch was a bad move.   It is called a "Bait & Switch"    Everyone expects a new GM to adjust a Game to fit them more but never do they expect a drastic change without a heads up.    Players make characters that fit or one setting.   A great change in that setting might make these characters invalid.    Ina Khan primary motivation was Yuu that is already a drastic change.  I would have to readjust her in a "new" environment anyways regardless of the year.  I can still play along with jumping around a generation in time as long as it is something we don't ignore.   I'll keep having fun with how Ina deals with these changes.   Ina does have an excuse for acting up.    She's in a very hopeless, scary situation without Yuu and hasn't learned (if she is even capable of learning) to be calm and cool in the face of such dangers.    If other players are copying my performance I think it has more to do with them trying to do whatever they can in the game  as opposed to just passively waiting.   Speaking of the Out of Character Fight.  I can see valid points from both sides early on.   These points might have been missed by those involved or whatever when the fire on the Hindenburg got out of control.   Fight looks over so I'm not gonna speak more of it.   

I am only playing this game for two Reasons.   I want to give this game/game master a chance to get off the ground by taking part till it is at least on some path of going somewhere.   The other reason is entirely selfish and that is to have fun.   Not concern of the type of fun as long as I'm having fun doing it.   

"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:36:35 AM »
PS - Having Fun means Playing and not Waiting.    Does anyone have problems with the GM deleting and editing some posts to rewind the game back  5 minutes to pretend some the stuff in the last few IC posts didn't happen if it means a better experience?
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »
Look guys I have been trying to keep the game Azazel had created going but I realize now that it just isnt going to work as is.  It is obvious that your characters were created for a certain time ear and I moved them too far forward just to get the game to an era that I know more about.  Here is my thoughts and proposal to the players.  I remove the fast-forward and put everyone back where they were in 2028.  I write my characters out so someone else can come in and take over, maybe Dyson would be interested in it, seeing as he has some good ideas for the time that they are in.  I am a bigger fan of the Fronteirs era and series and feel that I would better serve the site GMing a game in that time line and since I out you guys in a bad spot, would give you the first character slots in the game if enough interest exists that is.  I feel that with my lack of knowledge in that Macross 2028 timeline, that I can no longer GM this game as it is.  Let me know what you all think and I will do what you all decide.  I enjoy the players here and feel that I have asked way too much for the characters as they were created to accomplish.

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
  • Luck is one of my skills!
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8926537&Mytoken=20
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »
I'm really not familiar with Frontier. So in a funny way, having a character in that timeline would grant both knowledge and information to me as well. The only tool I used to create the character background was the Macross Compendium. Anyway, I'm just curious playing a character who was just projected 30yrs years into the future, lol. I've just been thinking about it and I don't see any harm in pursuing the future game.
If mice could swim they would float with the tide and play with the fish; Down by the seaside, the cats on the shore would quickly agree.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
I don't know about going back in time.   After all the damage is done.   We've all started playing in Future World.   Yes it caused a Character Background mess but a big part of me wants to see what will happen next.  To go back in time and start over would be the third restart.   We have yet to play through one episode/mission straight through.   If the only option is to restart again then I will use my executive powers to just end the game.   People can discuss creating a new games with, new GMs, new players, new story but this game would be over.

Everyone has a lack of knowledge about Macross in 2028.   I think Azael might have picked out cause it was unknown.  Then he could have picked 2017, 2033, 2042, 2056 or some other year that is unknown.    Mustang a GM not only has to listen to what their players wants but the GM's own heart.   If your heart isn't in a 2028 game then don't do it.   If you are enjoying the Current Game and if the players are too then continue.

Offline MustangGT02

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »
Okay...I have decided that we will continue as we are and we'll just put the disagreement behind us.  I have been under the weather as of late and not gotten a gm post together so Cobalt offered to take care of it for me.  Be looking for one some time today.  So its game on boys.