Author Topic: Wildcards Year 1 Act 2: Brutus's Dark Side  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
Re: Wildcards Year 1 Act 2: Brutus's Dark Side
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 07:17:56 PM »
Saffron was going tired of this creep.  'Does he think this is a date?' "I'll have a couple pints of your ruby red plasma in a minute if you're not going to talk to me about business."   She then smiled and winked.   Saffron didn't want to scare him off completely.

"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
Factory Satellite Brutus - Kawachi dome: Bar Non3
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Mr. Reject shrugs.  "All right... straight down to business it is."

He leans forward.  Close enough for Jacques-Burton to smell him.  Despite his appearance, he smells quite nice, actually.

"How about I help you with whatever it is you're trying to do... and..." he pretends to think hard for a moment, despite it being fairly obvious what he really wants.  "you go on a date with me."

He smiles in the confident-yet-mischievous way that gets more than the fair share of girls interested in guys who do it.  "Deal?" he asks.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »
She tried to be patient.  Saffron did grow up with some rowdy siblings and could act on impulse at times.  Plus there had to be a reason why 'Wilde' was part of her stage name.  It was time to show that she's really wasn't interested in him.  Saffron acted with an attempt to do the following:  Stared with a hard heel of his boot or knee to the center of his groin.  Next drawing both her revolvers out she slams the handle off one of his guns on his right hand.   Most people are right handed.   In case he had a weapon she wanted his hand to be throbbing like his groin.  That same revolver was then to be pointed at his head.  Her second revolver she pointed at any onlookers and issues the following warning.   "This a domestic matter.  It doesn't concern any of you.  This fella just doesn't know how to talk to a lady.   I think he's learned his lesson.  Ain't that right hon?"

OOC:
Assuming that she can do all that.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »
Factory Satellite Brutus - Main Dome: Romama section Level 1: Sushi Zen
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Mak snaps his fingers, trying to get Janos's attention.  "You're mighty silent, girl.  You remember something?"

2061.09.03; mid-morning

Jacques-Burton's kick is deflected off of the support pole under the table.  It stings, but doesn't cause injury.

It does distract Mr. Reject.  He leans back to look under the table to see what made the nose, and doesn't see her pull out a revolver and slam it onto his right hand.  He yelps in pain as the tableware clatters.

Her other revolver retreived, she points it at the nearest onlooker - the waitress who was coming to take her order.  The waitress looks like Sookie Stackhouse, and has a "whatever" expression on her face.

"This a domestic matter.  It doesn't concern any of you.  This fella just doesn't know how to talk to a lady.   I think he's learned his lesson.  Ain't that right hon?"

"Girl," the waitress says flatly in a no-nonsense voice that betrays her exhaustion at having to say the following to another unruly customer, "we don't serve hussies her."

She puts her hand on her hip, and continues, "now put away your toys and scram."

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 01:31:35 AM »
That waitress just insulted Saffron.   What she said is true but it is an insult.   Where Saffron comes from she would smack that waitress for talking smack about her.  "Who you call a hussy?  Back off or..."   Both of Saffron's hand were currently occupied with guns.  The law might not like her shooting the waitress.   She can still toy with her.   "...I'll make you famous."

Saffron got up from her seat and took a look at Mister Reject to make sure he wasn't reaching for anything, "Get up!  I ain't through wit you yet.  We're taking our business outside."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Mr. Reject is nursing his hand and hissing with pain.  He's just starting to pay attention to the drama unfolding between Jacques-Burton and waitress Stackhouse.

"Who you call a hussy?  Back off or...I'll make you famous."

Stackhouse rolls her eyes.

"Get up!  I ain't through wit you yet.  We're taking our business outside."

Mr. Reject responds by waggling his chin left and right, indicating no.

Waitress Stackhouse has had enough.  She swats Jacques-Burton's hand down with a backhand.  "I said put those toy water pistols away and get out of here before I call the cops!"

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »
That tears it.   She touched.  No hit Saffron and where Saffron comes from she has a right to defend herself.   She still wants to take Mr. Reject outside.  "As long you can walk you're coming with me.   Keeping nodding no and I'll give you a reason to stay seated.  Now get going.  We're leaving."   To make good on her threat she need to show that she means business.  This bring her back to the Waitress.  With the same hand that was swatted by Waitress Saffron coldcocks her with the pistol.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 10:29:52 PM »
2061.09.03; mid-morning

"As long you can walk you're coming with me.   Keeping nodding no and I'll give you a reason to stay seated.  Now get going.  We're leaving."

Mr. Reject just stares at her - like she's speaking a foreign language that he doesn't understand.

Jacques-Burton takes a swing at Waitress Stackhouse.  This isn't the first time that Stackhouse has had to deal with a rowdy customer, and she doesn't lose her cool.  She just steps backwards, out of Saffron's reach.

She angles her mouth toward the barkeeper while keeping her eyes glued on Saffron.  "Call the cops, Sam!"

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
'What type of waitress is this?' Saffron hasn't struck many waitresses before.  Cops could be trouble but she doubted they come to this part of the satellite.  Thinking fast which in Saffron's case is shooting first and then thinking she shoots the receiver out of Sam's hand as soon he picks it up.  She then reminds Mr. Reject, "I ain't gonna say it again.  Wait I already threaten you once."   With a pull of trigger finger she fires her another gun at Mr. Reject not to kill him just to give him a hurting like blowing his nose or ear off.   "Lucky you I missed.  Come now."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Saffron's aim at Sam, the barkeeper, is off.  She hits the cash register that he's standing behind instead.  Sam immediately drops behind the wooden structure of the bar.  The tone of voice he was using changes from tense to panicked.

Seeing the gun go off, waitress Stackhouse also freaks out.  "Holy shite!" she screeches, going bug-eyed at the gun.  "It's real!"

She immediately rotates on her rear heal, dives behind the nearest table, and monkey crawls away, behind the cover of the tables and chairs.

Mr Reject is also doing his best to clamber over the rear of the seat to get away.

"I ain't gonna say it again.  Wait I already threaten you once."

As he's moving around too much, she opts not to shoot him in the nose or ear - as either a miss on the former or a direct hit on the later would kill him.  She aims for the nearer of his two arms - the left one, and puts a bullet into the upper part, near the shoulder.

Mr. Rejects immediately crumples down the back side of the seat to the next booth, temporarily outside of her view.

Factory Satellite Brutus - Main Dome: Romama section Level 1: Sushi Zen
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Janos is roused from her reverie.  Her internal mobile phone is ringing.  She answers and immediately hears Major Stonewall's voice.

"Meet me at Neyagawa station in the Kawachi Sub-dome in 15 minutes.  It sounds like Ms. Jacques-Burton's gone and gotten herself into deep shite.

... oh, and don't wear anything flashy."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Jacques-Burton hears the sound of approaching police aerial variable City Police Machines.

Mr. Reject is unconscious.  He remains slumped over the rear of the booth in a position that some would describe unnatural and painful.  The other customers and staff have all fled.

The exits are the front doors - leading out to the streets - or the kitchen doors.

Factory Satellite Brutus - Kawachi Dome: Neyagawa District
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Janos arrives at Neyagawa station just after Stonewall does.

Meeting up on the concourse at a brisk pace, Stonewall explains, "Someone matching Safron's description to a T shot up Bar Non3 in Higashi-Neyagawa with a pair of 6-shooters... AFTER yelling at the staff and assaulting her male companion..."

Stonewall looks around, taking note of the security cameras and with a glance over his shoulder to see if anyone's following, leads Janos out of the concourse via an exit that isn't monitored by a camera.

"So," he continues, "we gotta find her before the cops do.  Neither of us need or want our past put under the public spotlight, right?"

The exit led down a flight of stairs that ended at a 4-lane road.  Looking left and right, he promptly walks across the road.  Traffic is virtually nonexistent at this time of day in this area of the dome.  Across the street, he double checks that no one has followed, and heads down an alley.

Once out of sight, he slows down to a more leisurely pace.  "You're probably wondering why we are meeting here, right?  Well, there's only one direction Safron can head out of Higashi-Neyagawa, as the other ways are factory districts and the dome wall.  This direction is the only way that has shops, apartments and places to hide."

Stonewall stops mid-step momentarily, as he listens to the ambient noises of the city.  Beyond the immediate hum of air-conditioners and drip of leaky pipes, they can hear the noise of distant traffic and factories, and in the direction they're headed, police sirens.

"Now," Stonewall commands, "access a map and tell me the route she's most likely to pick out of Higashi-Neyagawa."

As Janos accesses the internet, she sees Stonewall cock an autopistol.

The maps Janos accesses all give her 3 alleys that provide direct and relatively safe routes out of Higashi-Neyagawa to Neyagawa and the safety of ambiguity in the rest of the urban area of the Kawachi Dome: left, right and center.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 11:48:44 AM »
Saffron was looking at her hands.  Here she was a trick shot that couldn't shoot nothing right today.   She couldn't hit the phone.   Couldn't hit Mr. Reject.  Well she was able to hit him just not his ear and that waitress?  She couldn't even smack her across the side of head.   Now what was that noise she was hearing.

Aircraft.  Police Aerial vehicles.  'Some underworld.  Doesn't anyone bribe them to say away.'   Saffron noticed Mr. Reject laying unconscious.   She couldn't carry him or wake him up in time take with her.   She cursed about how things just went from bad to worst.   Could the staff and patrons identify her?   Everyone saw her waving the guns but if they we afraid enough during that time maybe they'll forget a few details.   One witness might think her hair was one color and another witness a different color.   Plus people might be tight lipped around the police.  Especially if they had reason to be even more afraid.  Only one witness here interacted with Saffron long enough in a non stressful situation to be creditable witness...Mr. Reject.

Before running for the kitchen doors.   Saffron decided to test her aim again.   This time at Mr. Reject's head.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Jacques-Burton hits.  Poor Mr. Reject.  His head explodes, sending blood, bone and brain in in all directions - including Safron herself!  She's showered in the disgusting stuff.  Most of it around her legs and thighs.

The hushed voices she's been hearing from the kitchen become yelps of panic, and there is a trampling of multiple feet as the people hiding their run out the service entrance at the rear of the kitchen.

In the alley behind the bar she looks up at the sound of the helicopters and sees stars beyond the dome - which reminds her that she's still on the surface level of the Kawachi Dome, not the less well-off sub-level.

She can either go left, to the main part of the city, or right, which ends in the dome wall a couple of blocks away.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 10:24:43 PM »
2061.09.03; mid-morning

Jacques-Burton heads left, toward the city center.  Given that she's covered in blood, brains and bone, she swiped a towel as she passed through the kitchen to wipe the worst of it off of her exposed skin.  As she picks her route through the alley, she also keeps an eye out for anything that she can use to cover her blood-soaked clothes.

A couple of blocks on, with no luck finding something, she feels she can breath a little easier, as the sirens and helicopters appear to be focusing their attention on Bar Non3, and don't appear to be coming after her.  Yet.

Heading down the alley in the fifth or sixth block away from the bar, she hears a, "psst!" from behind a dumpster up ahead on the right.

Peaking over the top, she sees Major Stonewall, and behind him, 2nd Lieutenant Janos, who is doing her best to stay in the shadows.

Stonewall hisses, "you alone?!"

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
2061.09.03; mid-morning

After confirming that Jacques-Burton is indeed alone, Stonewall reacts to the blood, brains and other detritus.

"What the f*ck did you do?!  Blow his brains out point blank?  You can't be seen moving through the city like that!"

Stonewall shrugs off his backpack, and while opening, continues, "quick!  Put your boots, hat and guns into this bag!"

He pulls a pair of grungy coveralls out of the bag as he asks Janos, "you have any of those white makeup removal pads for the blood on her face?"