Author Topic: To Do List - Macross Delta Edition.  (Read 8556 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
To Do List - Macross Delta Edition.
« on: April 28, 2016, 01:01:01 PM »
  • Races:
    • Humans - technologically advanced?
    • Windmerians (sp?) - feel the wind
    • Ragnokians (sp?) - gills
  • Valkyries:
    • VF-31 - upgrade stats as new info becomes available
    • Sv-262 -
    • VF-1EX - VF-1 with EX-Gear cockpit.  Used for training.  Based on VF-X+?  VF-X++?
  • Drones:
    • Mini-Drakken (sp?) - Sv-262 drones
  • Ships:
    • Macross Quarter - ARMD-R/L replaced with Daedalus type carriers.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:10:26 AM by Sketchley »

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: To Do List - Macross Delta Edition.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 05:33:54 PM »
Do we collect information here to be added to the Statistics page later?

---

Chaos is short for Chaos Interstellar Group Corporation.

It consists of several cells, of which only the leaders of each group kow of the others. There are different cells for Private Military, Intelligence, Entertainment, Tourism, Interstellar Transportation, Space Development. There are smaller divisions related to other tasks such as Pizza Delivery.

2059: CHAOS received a message from the Megaroad-01, reestablishing contact with the lost fleet.

Music was created by the Protoculture as a means of controlling the people and defending against Zentraedi. The genes to use it was built in their seeded races across the galaxy.

Lady M has been developing a music-based weapon since Space War 1, meaning she is rather old.

Said Music-weapon is either a Biological Weapon, aka Mikumo.

When injured using the Protoculture Relic Towers, she was transferred to a Medical/Science Frigate full of tubes. She was stored in one of the tubes, which hinted that there may be several Mikumos... Mikumoes... Mikumi?

Strongly hinted that Lady M is Minmei, having returned from the Megaroad fleet. How that bimbo managed to become a master of multiple advanced sciences is as yet unknown. Her known skillsets include Xenobiology, Archeology, Experimental Weapon Design, Cloning Procedure, biological programing, and Fold-Resonance/Song Energy Science/Lore (<-- This one I buy ). By series-end, her identity was still unconfirmed.

Max and Milia at some point within a decade or so after M7 quit their jobs and started a civilian air business called Jenius Air. Their VF-9 Cutlasses are still intact.

----

The Brisignr Cluster is believed to be the final location of Protoculture racial uplifting prior to their extinction.

We finally get to see the Protoculture. They look like Mikumo but blonde, indicating that she may be a clone. -- Mikumo seems to think that she is a clone that had her cells infused with vajra fold bacteria.

Mikumo is confirmed a Protoculture clone. She was cloned from the remains of a priestess who had been left behind to instruct the the Windermerians.

---

Windermerians apparently only live to the age of thirty in exchanged for possessing higher physical stats than the other known races.

Windermerians can do a standing vertical jump of at least six meters, horizontal jump of roughly double that. And that was a 33 year old, so a geriatric. Younger people can jump twice as far. They apparently move fast enough to dodge machinegun fire at close range.

They have runes that glow with their emotions, are considered to be sexually inappropriate to look at (part of their reproductive system, perhaps?), and generate empathic links with an unknown range (several light years, at least).

Windermerian Runes are in-born Fold Quartz.

Windermerian Runes were given by the Protoculture to mitigate music-based attacks.

Windermere was met by a Megaroad Fleet in 2027. Left the UN in 2060 causing the Independence War which lasted 3 years.

The planet is covered up a dimensional barrier making direct FTL travel impossible.

Derwent is the capital of Windermere.

Karlisle is the name of the area that was bombed by the DME. Its mayor at the time was Mira Con-Vaart. The initial goal was to drop the bomb on the city and Protoculte Ruins nearby. The plan was attempted to be subverted by the VF-22 pilot, but the bomb was detonated by remote, sparing the ruins but destroying the city.

Freyja is from the village of Ravengrass.

Jusslia Company handles Windermere's legal matters.

Wind Singers: Windermerian legendary heroes capable of projecting their Rune effects across light years and through different dimensions.

There is a higher powered version of the Wind Singer called a Star Singer, who was a Protoculture priestess.

The Royal Family can control the Starsinger and, by extension, her clone.

The Starsinger's ability can be projected across the galaxy if special Protoculture amplifiers on both Windermere and Ranga are both active.

----

The Ruin Of Rig Stania on Airberl have stones with glowing emblems on them like the one on the Mayan Island in M-Zero, and on the planet of Ouroboros.

Protoculture Ruins connect to the core of the planet that they are on. Reasons Unknown.

They are capable of creating a multi-star system music-projection field. Presumably, in addition to their main design goal, it would make the area impenetrable to Protodeviln. --not shown, but its effects would make that very likely.

Mikumo is capable to breaching space-time when using the Protoculture towers, although it takes her out in the process. She is unaffected by the negative reaction after having her Protoculture genes  awakened.

The Protoculture developed the Ruins, the Starsinger, and the Windermerians in attempt to crash space-time a la Final Fantasy 8.

---

The planet Alfhiem was wiped out in 2065 by a massive Var outbreak.

---

Ragna was met by an old New Macross Fleet "Jackpot" in 2037. It is located 800 Light Years from Windermere.  Apparently, it was a first-gen type city ship as it lacks the protective dome shell of later models.

----

Planet Voldor

62% marshland. Exports lumber, fruit, and spring water. The Paraganal Ruins were built by the Protoculture.

-----

Voldorians are a feline-based race. They have cat ears, tails, and claws. Females only have two breasts, so they likely do not birth in litters.

---

Planet Divide has a lot of civil wars.

---

People with High Fold Receptors like Walkure can suppress Fold Bacteria. Used to cancel the Var Syndrome.

Speculation: they can shutdown the Vajra since they thrive on Fold Bacteria. Possibly Varja-infected people like Ranka, as well. -- CONFIRMED:

Var Syndrome is caused by Fold Bacteria left over after the Vajra left the Macross Dimension. The bacteria folded in to other hosts, sometimes merging with cell nuclei instead of intestines.

People with Fold-Receptors such as Walkure gain their ability through the Vajra's Bacteria infesting their bodies.

---

Built by the Epsilon Foundation, SV-262 Draken III has holoemitters built in to them to provide camouflage, and create large video/audio projections

The SV-262 has a heavy energy cannon located on the bottom in Fighter mode and the top in GERWALK. A single shot can pierce a VF-31's PPB and remove the limb. Requires a bit of charge time to fire. Probably a newer model of the one used by the VF-27.

It has two missile bays mounted on the top-rear in Fighter configuration. Each holds 30 missiles.

It also has two small, retractable lasers in the nose cone.

Its dual gunpods are top mounted in Fighter mode, behind the cockpit, around the middle of the craft.

The SV-262 had a sword stored for melee combat instead of a knife.

----

The VF-31 Siegfried is a 5.5th Generation Variable Fighter. The production model is built solely for Chaos's Walkure Division.

In addition to possessing the components of the 31 mass production model, the Siegfried cantains a Fold Wave System which allows the mecha to absorb Fold Waves in order to enhance the machine's performance.

VF-31 has holo-projectors to blank out their paint, too. Part of an active stealth system?

VF-31 does not require EX-Gear to operate, but can use it.

The VF-31 uses a control system called AIR in place of Ex-Gear.

The Fold Crystals in its fuselage can create a time distortion field similar to the YF-29.

It has two small Pin-point barriers, one of each arm.  Not very powerful.

It can create a single large PPB capable of blocking the SV-262's heavy laser cannon, but it draws so much power that it shuts the VF-31 down for moment after it uses it.

The Mission Pod's heavy cannon fires from the bottom in Fighter mode.

The Mission Pod on the VF-31 only has doors on the bottom, unlike the YF-30 which has them on both sides.

Missiles can fire out of the bottom of the Fighter from an engine/leg bay. Unknown how many it holds since it uses a firing tube instead of a bay door. Fires at least up to a salvo of 9.

The MMP is the VF-31's FAST Pack. VERY low fuel supply compared to other Packs. It contains missile launchers (small: short-range or minis?), several Holo-Projector Drones, and a massive Speaker system. An upgrade on the old Jamming Birds Pack, perhaps?

The loss of sensors from a Valkyrie's head destruction is actually called a 404 Error.

----

The VF-31A's YF-30 appearance is the default design for the mecha.  The Forward-Swept Wing VF-31 are Sound Force-specific.

The FSW variants are more stable at low speeds, but sacrifice the high-speeds of the 31A model.

----

Capital Ships:

Pin-Point Barrier: Several small, approximately 1/2 meter sized PPBs. Enough to cover most the of the bridge and pyramid stage together, or all of just one at a single time.

----

The Aether carriers have a Macross Cannon built in to their mid-and-lower half. It seems like a regular Macross Cannon and not the vortex-type used by Quarter. This means that the Elysian has at least two MCs equipped on a regular basis.

I think given the space requirements for the gun, we can scratch the theory that it has multiple decks for fighter bays.

The SDF/C-108 Macross Elysian's barrier can take a shot from a Macross Cannon, but it would appear that the energy needed to do so takes the ship offline for a bit.

It can generate nine semi-large PPBs (three meters across, maybe?) atone time.
----

NUNS equipped the Fold Wave Jammers from Frontier on to the exterior of some of their capital ships. Thus far only seen on Team Cannonfodder Stealth Cruisers.

---

The Epsilon Foundation creates and distributes everything from food to mecha, including creating some Vajra-looking battleships, and what appears to be a Galaxy version of the Quarter Class. Then again, the only time we saw Galaxy's main ship, it had a similar appearance. So the ring-esk/Quarter-looking ship could be the Galaxy Battle-class in cruiser mode.

----

Sigurd Valens is a Protoculture Capital Ship unearthed by the Windermerians. It's large enough to dwarf conventional capital ships. It has a different Fold animation, too: a stormy vortex.

Sigur Valens can transform.  Looks like AFOS in the secondary configuration.

It can connect with Protoculture Ruins.

It has an eight-barrel Macross Cannon (x4 Tuning Forks around the bridge). and one massive, circular Macross Cannon in the center of chest region that fires a red beam.

-----

SDF Macross (the show) was an in-universe tv series that aired on the Galaxy Channel and was entitled 'The Lynn Minmay Files".

---

The Mini Delta Theater (BluRay Specials like the Instructor Sheryl series) gives a rundown of Walkure's equipment from the show. Fairly easy to understand since they say the names and such in English in addition to the subtitles:

Their Base Body Suits are "Black WD-200, Walkure Series". They are design for ease of movement and give a slight boost to the wearer's mobility compared to regular clothing.

The Under-The-Skirt Jump Jet Boosters are "RSP-35  Gas Cluster Jets". They use "Moronid-Nitrogen". The jets allow both hovering and limited flight. Bogue says that it comes at the cost of making Walkure look like they flying via farting. Moronid is a type of fish, by the by.

The "Pantera P-7 Fold Projector System" is the name for the holo-emitters. They are made from Fold Carbon. The projectors are built in to the RSP-35's waistband, the toes of the shoes, and the underside of the left cup of their bras. They have seven holographic presets: default (no holo), three Stage Attires, Sheryl's barely-dressed leather straps, Minmay's DYRL garment, and Basara's black-and-gray jumpsuit. The presets can be changed to fit the taste of the wearer.

The "Black WD-120 Under Suit" is a transparent Bio-Silk Aramid skin-tight outfit (you see it occasionally on the show when they look naked but have the circuit lines flickering on their flesh). It is a bullet- and laser-proof material and used as the last line of defense should their drones fail. It also allows them to alter body type and body size so that they can more easily blend in during infiltration missions or disappear in to crowds. Black WD-120  does not protect against sniper rounds.

The "LF-6-SE Multi-Device" is the name for their fake fingernails. They can project holographic images and can send communications up to 30 Kilometers. They also monitor the wearer's Vitals and Bio-Fold Waves.

"STJ-2 Sasameyuki" is a heat-resistant body gel. When it comes in contact with high heat, it melts, and defuses in to a mist to prevent burns. It also keeps their bodies moisturized.

"STJ-5 Awayuki" is a "High-Sensitivity Sensor Lip Gloss". It works in tandem with the Sasameyuki.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:49:41 PM by InfernosCaress »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 12:21:37 AM »
Do we collect information here to be added to the Statistics page later?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the in depth analysis of the 'new' Macross Quarter Class.  I'll have to take a closer look at it next time I watch Delta.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed that the New Macross Class is from the original interpretation of that series of Emigrant Ships (the version from M7), and not the Island Cluster Class reinterpretation from MF.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 02:57:26 AM »
I will keep an ear out for anything that sounds relevant and let you know.

Yeah, the with the Quarter and the Elysium, I turned on both shows and paused then side by side.

Something of note, if the twin booms cannot fire SDF-1 style, then the Elysium lacks a macross cannon.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed that the New Macross Class is from the original interpretation of that series of Emigrant Ships (the version from M7), and not the Island Cluster Class reinterpretation from MF.

Indeed. I had to rewind a bit and look at when the city first showed up to make sure. Another thing that struck me as odd was not just did that world have an old style ship, but that Freyja mentioned the fleet that reached Windermere had post-Frontier music. The two planets are awfully close for it to have taken more than a few years to locate a developed planet. That makes me think that the Ragna fleet was likely using surplus ships, which would account for the Elysium being a new-type Quarter tug.

Anyway, I'll stop chatting in this thread and leave it for notable information only.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 04:52:21 AM »
Yeah, the with the Quarter and the Elysium, I turned on both shows and paused then side by side.

Something of note, if the twin booms cannot fire SDF-1 style, then the Elysium lacks a macross cannon.

Hmmm... well, the Quarter had the ARMD-L gunship (= Macross Cannon) as well as BASTER-L and BASTER-R (described as gun batteries).  The Elysium appears to have the BASTER-L/R ships.  Maybe the new-style (ARMD?) forearm ships have some type of Macross Cannon built into them?

Indeed. I had to rewind a bit and look at when the city first showed up to make sure. Another thing that struck me as odd was not just did that world have an old style ship, but that Freyja mentioned the fleet that reached Windermere had post-Frontier music. The two planets are awfully close for it to have taken more than a few years to locate a developed planet. That makes me think that the Ragna fleet was likely using surplus ships, which would account for the Elysium being a new-type Quarter tug.

Anyway, I'll stop chatting in this thread and leave it for notable information only.

Chatting is fine - as long as it's on topic.  ;)

Is that info coming from the subs?  If so, I'd take it with a grain of salt, and wait for some published official info to come out.

As it is, Kawamori-san described Frontier as "The Great Age Of Exploration, with e-mail".  So, it does make sense for a 2030's/2040's style fleet to have arriving after 2059 with Frontier music, especially as the location is indicated as being on the opposite side of the galaxy from Earth!

Not sure yet about the state of the respective planets' development prior to the arrival of the Emigrant Fleet.  But they're probably similar to the situation on Zola (1930's era Earth technology).  Even at a 30 (?) light year distance, the two planets wouldn't have known about each other.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 11:11:30 AM »
  Maybe the new-style (ARMD?) forearm ships have some type of Macross Cannon built into them?

They might, but the Macross Cannons have always been shown as large. If they start making them smaller then I fear that it will end up like M2 with a main gun on every limb.

Is that info coming from the subs?  If so, I'd take it with a grain of salt, and wait for some published official info to come out.

Indeed.  My Japanese is pretty bad. I played through M30 with a only vague understanding of the plot.  But in this case, this subs information was backed up the on-screen images.  Still, if you wish to use official sources, then you may be happy to know that they announced that Delta will have Official English Subtitles on its blu-ray releases like the Frontier films did.  They are set to market in the summer.

Or you know, if you can speak the language, you probably wouldn't care.

As it is, Kawamori-san described Frontier as "The Great Age Of Exploration, with e-mail".  So, it does make sense for a 2030's/2040's style fleet to have arriving after 2059 with Frontier music, especially as the location is indicated as being on the opposite side of the galaxy from Earth!

Hm. Opposite end of the galaxy is a long way to go. The pop charts would have to bounce around, as I would imagine that the Fold Faults would disrupt the comms as well. Do you have an idea how much faster it is to Fold Communication to travel than it is for ships? I tend to remember the M7 needing until halfway through the series to get permission from the UN to use its main gun.  I think that Zola got its radio drama from the M11 when passed close enough by to drop them off. But, like you said, they were an undeveloped world. They may not have long-range communication centers.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »
Indeed.  My Japanese is pretty bad. I played through M30 with a only vague understanding of the plot.  But in this case, this subs information was backed up the on-screen images.  Still, if you wish to use official sources, then you may be happy to know that they announced that Delta will have Official English Subtitles on its blu-ray releases like the Frontier films did.  They are set to market in the summer.

I'm thinking more like print sources than anything else.  So far, the print sources have provided a bit more information and backstory on the background elements than what is stated/shown in a TV series/movie/OVA.

Hm. Opposite end of the galaxy is a long way to go. The pop charts would have to bounce around, as I would imagine that the Fold Faults would disrupt the comms as well. Do you have an idea how much faster it is to Fold Communication to travel than it is for ships? I tend to remember the M7 needing until halfway through the series to get permission from the UN to use its main gun.  I think that Zola got its radio drama from the M11 when passed close enough by to drop them off. But, like you said, they were an undeveloped world. They may not have long-range communication centers.

It looks like messages happen at the speed of plot.  Like how two-way communication happens in Star Trek over vast distances with no time lag.

But going by Kawamori's metaphoric scenario, e-mail bounces around the world in seconds, and a sailing ship would take years.  Which sounds about right, given what we know about travel time by fold.

The other angle to consider (that others have discussed in these boards previously) is that it's much faster to travel along established Fold routes, then it is to travel into unexplored space - simply because one has to do as much, if not more, exploring than travelling.  I think Macross Chronicle even went so far as to say that it took the Frontier Fleet about 20 years to reach its current location (at the time of the TV series), but would take less than 10 years to return.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 04:32:58 PM »
Here are some details that I found noteworthy in the latest episode, which I also added to my first post to make them easier to find later:

Windermere was met by a Megaroad Fleet in 2027. Left the UN in 2060 causing the Independence War which lasted 3 years. The planet is covered up a dimensional barrier.

Windermerians can do a standing vertical jump of at least six meters, horizontal jump of roughly double that. And that was a 33 year old, so a geriatric.

Wind Singers: Windermerian legendary heroes capable of projecting their Rune effects across light years and through different dimensions.

---

Ragna was met by an old New Macross Fleet. It is located 800 Light Years from Windermere.

---

SV-262 Draken III has holoemitters built in to them to provide camouflage, and create large video/audio projections

----

VF-31 does not require EX-Gear to operate. (Incompatible?)

===============================
I'm thinking more like print sources than anything else.  So far, the print sources have provided a bit more information and backstory on the background elements than what is stated/shown in a TV series/movie/OVA.

Yes, that would be helpful. It might be a while before anything useful is released, though.

I did notice that during Mirage's story the Protoculture City was visible. Do you think that counts as confirmation that such place really was on Earth and not just movie-only addition?

The other angle to consider (that others have discussed in these boards previously) is that it's much faster to travel along established Fold routes, then it is to travel into unexplored space - simply because one has to do as much, if not more, exploring than travelling.  I think Macross Chronicle even went so far as to say that it took the Frontier Fleet about 20 years to reach its current location (at the time of the TV series), but would take less than 10 years to return.

That makes sense. The fleet would have to make frequent stops. They could only jump as far as they could scan, or they'd risk flying in to Fold Fault, or a comet, or something. On the route back they could make larger jumps since they'd already have the navigational data.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:30:09 PM by InfernosCaress »

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 04:09:50 PM »
Not much new information is learned today.

The VF-31 uses a control system called AIR in place of Ex-Gear.

The MMP is the VF-31's FAST Pack. VERY low fuel supply compared to other Packs. It contains missile launchers, several Holo-Projector Drones, and a massive Speaker system. An upgrade on the old Jamming Birds Pack, perhaps?

The Ruin Of Rig Stania on Airberl have stones with glowing emblems on them like the one on the Mayan Island in M-Zero, and on Ouroboros.

I still think that Mikumo is an android. Maybe she is Sharon 3.0 and Lady M is Myung.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 06:41:37 PM »
Forgot one.

Capital Ships:

T-Point Barrier = Several small, approximately 1/2 meter sized PPBs. Enough to cover most the of the bridge and pyramid stage together, or all of just one.

-- Speculation: Triangle Point Barrier: a secondary defensive system, separate from the ship's main PPB, and used exclusively for the Bridge and Elevated Stage?

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 11:55:38 PM »
The Brisignr Cluster is believed to be the final location of Protocultre racial uplifting prior to their extinction.

----

Planet Voldor

62% marshland. Exports lumber, fruit, and spring water. The Paraganal Ruins were built by the Protoculture.

-----

Voldorians are a feline-based race. They have cat ears, tails, and claws. Females only have two breasts, so they likely do not birth in litters.

Offline winchester

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 04:39:55 AM »
VAR Syndrome:

Disease of unknown origin that causes sufferers to go berserk with little to no warning. The berserkers are still capable of using weapons and even making them (Intro to episode 1 has VAR sufferers using IEDs). VAR Syndrome sufferers can be calmed down through fold wave manipulation, typically through song. Also, song has an immunization effect, though only in person, as the fold waves do not record and play back well.

Also, the Kingdom of Wind posseses the means to use VAR Syndrome as a form of mind control, forcing the sufferers to do their bidding, which is how they are occupying the planets of Listania, Airberl, Anthem III, and Voldor.

[spoilers] (Highlight to read) (Updated with info from ep 9)
VAR Syndrome is the product of a binary contaminant engineered by the Kingdom of Wind, where chemicals found within apples grown on Windermere and widely exported will react with trace elements found in certain brands of bottled water, also widely exported, and react to form the compound that causes VAR Syndrome.

Update: The binary contaminant is just what allows the Kingdom of Wind to control VAR-sufferers, VAR Syndrome itself is the product of fold bacteria similar in nature to the V-type infection associated with contact with the Vajra, and apparently historically kept in check by them. With the disappearance of the Vajra from the galactic stage, the fold bacteria are running amok and causing VAR.

[/spoilers]

The Brisingr Cluster contains at least the following planets:

Aiberl
Alfheim
Al Shahal
Anthem III
Ionideth - battle site in episode 6,
Listania
Ragna - Home of Macross Elysion, Chaos (XHAOS?), and Walkure.
Randor - battle site in Episode 4, diversion and public declaration of war
Voldor - Has protoculture ruins
Windermere - Seat of the Kingdom of Wind and the home base of the Aerial Knights

Mecha:

The VF-31 retains the EX-Gear system, but it's not required for use other than in emergencies (See Makina's brief to to Hayate in Episode 4)

The VF-31 "super parts" consist of leg armor, chest armor and two wing-mounted booster pods.

The booster pods have 7 micro-missile launch ports each, and at least seven verniers (five front plus one on each side), plus two booster engines.

The leg armor sections have at least two micro-missile launch ports (outside of the leg, possubly one on the inside too), and at least four verniers (in fighter mode, it's one back, one front, two side, possibly one in the top?)

Chest/shoulder armor might not contain missiles like the VF-25 super parts did. There are pods that *look* like the shoulder missile launchers of the VF-25 Super and Armored, but we never see them open.

"Super" SV-262 has a minimum "maximum salvo" of 28 missiles (based on graph of three firing at the Alpha and Beta squadrons - one fires 26 missiles minimum, one fires 28, and one fires 25).

Bouge later fires an additional 16 missiles at Walkure's stage on the Aether.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:52:29 AM by winchester »

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 01:20:04 PM »
(( Nice specifics, there. :) ))

Younger Windermerians can jump twice as far as the old guy from before. They apparently move fast enough to dodge machinegun fire, too.

The SV-262 has a heavy energy cannon located on the bottom in Fighter mode and the top in GERWALK. A single shot can pierce a VF-31's PPB and remove the limb. Requires a bit of charge time to fire. Probably a newer model of the one used by the VF-27.

VF-31: The Fold Crystals in its fuselage can create a time distortion field similar to the YF-29.

The loss of sensors for head destruction is actually called a 404 Error.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 07:53:12 AM »
The planet Alfhiem was wiped out in 2065 by a massive Var outbreak.

Protoculture Ruins connect to the core of the planet that they are on. Reason Unknown.

Apparently, several YF-30s were produce as Ragna had at least a whole wing of them at hand. They all had one-barrel head lasers, and a single externally mounted gunpod equipped.

Speculation: VF-30s are elite units like the VF-22 was.

High Fold Receptors like Walkyure can suppress Fold Bacteria.

Speculation: they can shutdown the Vajra since they thrive on Fold Bacteria. Possibly Varja-infected people like Ranka.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:14:09 AM by InfernosCaress »

Offline winchester

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 09:47:37 AM »
I went over all the footage we have of the Elysion frame by frame and counted turrets, and here's what I came up with:

The Aether and Hemera each has four medium-sized twin beam turrets of the "shrouded barrel" type, similar to the turrets on the Macross Quarter TV version. One is mounted on top and one on the bottom of the each retracting engine nacelle. The ships also has a substantial amount of point defense guns, which are sadly not actually not on the VFX model, so the flak fire comes out of nowhere. When the ships are docked, at least one of the upper turrets is completely hidden by the retraction and docking mechanism, the other may also be unable to fire. The bottom two should be OK though.

The Elysion's probable main gun system is similar enough in design to the BASTER-L and BASTER-R that it likely has similar functionality - that is, they might detach and be able to operate semi-independently. They definitely each has the look of a VF-1 super pack dorsal pod, with an engine at the bottom in robot mode. Each of these units has two large axial guns, at least two very large missile tubes (they're visible on the front in robot mode, but the one back view of the Elysion doesn't show the tips of the gun booms, so there might be four on each), and five more of the medium-sized "shrouded barrel" turrets.

The main body of the Elysion has *at least* another five of these turrets - two on the front, pointing downwards; one on the back, also pointing downwards; and one on each shoulder pad, pointing outwards (forward in ship mode). The latter are difficult to make out, but it's definite that there's *something* there and it's not another set of the larger turrets below. There may be a further turret mounted on each elbow, I can see what looks like gun barrels poking out but the turret itself is hidden.

Also on the main body and leg units are twelve very large un-shrouded tuning-fork type turrets like those on the movie-version of Macross Quarter, except much bigger. Four of them are on the chest, pointing forwards; two are on each shoulder, pointing outwards; and two are on each knee, one up and one down (that's one forward and one aft in ship mode).

Further down on the leg, near the hangar exits, are several (I can confirm the existence of five, probably as many as eight, and there are a couple of further possibles) twin turrets of a much smaller design, with conventional round barrels (no barrel shrouds, no tuning fork). The only shot where you actually see them for what they really are is in episode 2 while Hayate and Freyja are staring up at the Elysion and admiring how huge it is; in the shot immediately preceding you can see the turrets only as dark smudges but together it's kind of obvious what they are.

As for the signature weapons of the series, we have no clue either way what manner of really big guns are mounted on it. It might not have any at all, given that it already has twelve turreted mini Macross Cannons; then again, it could conceivably hide a Battle Frontier-style surprise in each carrier and either an old-school Macross-style tuning fork of doom; or the gun booms may split down the middle to form independent tuning forks of doom like Zentraedi gunboats..