Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 252

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 257

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 270

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 273
To Do List - Macross Delta Edition.

Author Topic: To Do List - Macross Delta Edition.  (Read 8915 times)

Offline winchester

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: To Do List - Macross Delta Edition.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 09:56:29 AM »
Apparently, several YF-30s were produce as Ragna had at least a whole wing of them at hand. They all had one-barrel head lasers, and a single externally mounted gunpod equipped.

Speculation: VF-30s are elite units like the VF-22 was.

Are you talking about the reinforcements in this week's episode, or something from the manga? Because the reinforcements were VF-31A models from Aether's Alpha Squad, not YF-30s, and we've seen them before.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 09:16:53 PM »
You are much more dedicated to detail than I am, my good fellow.

Mostly Speculations here:

The ships also has a substantial amount of point defense guns, which are sadly not actually not on the VFX model, so the flak fire comes out of nowhere.

Frontier's Quarter Class used retractable destroids like the SDF-1 did. Maybe not all of the time, but that could account not showing the point defense weapons on the model.

it could conceivably hide a Battle Frontier-style surprise in each carrier

Unless the Elysium is vastly larger than the Quarter, I doubt that it could hold gunship-style cannon inside of the carriers. Unless it uses a one-barrel variant. I don't think that we have seen one of those. The SDF-1 had 2-barrel design (tuning fork), Quarter had a 3-barrel type, Macross 7 had 4-barrels, and the Frontier had 5 (at least, I assume that glowing hook under the M7-style four barrels counts a fifth).

Maybe the Elysium uses the M7's Buster design, the one that ran the cannon through the Fold Engine to form sort of a subspace grenade launcher. That would account for the lack of a visible Macross Cannon.  Granted, M7's only lasted for a couple of shots, but they have had a long time to fix the heat dissipation issue.

Offline winchester

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 12:21:37 PM »
Unless the Elysium is vastly larger than the Quarter, I doubt that it could hold gunship-style cannon inside of the carriers. Unless it uses a one-barrel variant. I don't think that we have seen one of those. The SDF-1 had 2-barrel design (tuning fork), Quarter had a 3-barrel type, Macross 7 had 4-barrels, and the Frontier had 5 (at least, I assume that glowing hook under the M7-style four barrels counts a fifth).

Maybe the Elysium uses the M7's Buster design, the one that ran the cannon through the Fold Engine to form sort of a subspace grenade launcher. That would account for the lack of a visible Macross Cannon.  Granted, M7's only lasted for a couple of shots, but they have had a long time to fix the heat dissipation issue.

Yeah, I'm kind of nuts about details.

The Elysion is definitely bigger than the Quarter, by the way - in fact, evidence seems to suggest that it's bigger than the Battle Frontier. The Aether alone is at least 190 meters wide based on pixel-scaling of a scene in episode 2, which is about as big as the ARMD-L (Quarter's carrier) is *long*. It (the Aether) might also be as much as 900 meters long, though it's probably more like 700, which is still bigger overall than the entire Quarter.

And the Elysion herself is two and a half, maybe three times the length of the Aether in ship mode, meaning it should be at least 1700 meters long. (I haven't actually pixel-scaled it myself, but someone really should...)

My personal guess at the moment is that the Elysion is the same shoulder height as the Battle Frontier, but then it has those booms on top over that, making it bigger in both modes.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »
We were discussing the size of the Elysion a page or so back.  I thought that it looked rather large, but Sketchley brought a good point in that looks similar to the Quarter. Has there been any imagery of what the Elysion looks like in carrier mode released yet? I am wondering if it looks like a ship or if it has Quarter's Superman-Flight design.

According to Macross Compendium, Battle Frontier is  1,186 meters tall in Storm Attacker/Battloid mode. Battle 7 for comparison 1,177 meters.  Unfortunately, they don't list the new one. If your estimation is correct, the ME would be about a third taller than those are. Was your size including the twin booms? If so, that sounds about right to me.

On a side note, shouldn't Elysion be Elysian or Elysium like Norse Heaven? Maybe they named it after the goth band. Normally that would be ridiculous, this is a musical franchise.

Offline winchester

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 07:23:49 PM »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70565045/MacrossDelta/toypreview/elysion_01.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70565045/MacrossDelta/toypreview/elysion_02.jpg

These pics are of the non-scale "Mecha Colle" kit of the Macross Elysion in ship mode. No word on when the kit will be released yet, but the pricetag is fantastic (540 yen MSRP) and I'm so getting several, because Bandai needs to get a big fat hint that we want more like this. We've been without a decent mass production kit of the New Macross Battle section for way, way, way too long.

Basically, instead of the Quarter basically stretching the legs out behind it and the arms in front, the Elysion brings the elbows and knees together and locks them into one giant three level flight deck stretching from almost one end of the ship to the other on either side.

I misremembered the proportions of the transformed ship though, looking at the pics again the carriers are similar in length to the lower leg sections, minus the knees, so the whole ship is only a little over twice as long as the Aether and Hemera. Given that they're somewhere between 600 and 900 meters long though, the Elysion is definitely proper Macross-sized.

The ships do look similar though, no question, and I think that boils down to them being designed by the same people, both in- and out-of-universe. I'm about as certain as I could be without official confirmation that the designer of the Elysion is Junya Ishigaki, the guy who designed the Quarter and the Vajra.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:33:12 PM by winchester »

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 08:36:06 PM »
Ooo.  Thank you.  I had to borrow someone's cellphone to load the images, but those were interesting.

Elysion brings the elbows and knees together and locks them into one giant three level flight deck stretching from almost one end of the ship to the other on either side.

Yeah, the leg shields link to the carrier arms.

You know what that looks like to me?  Well, I modified Quarter-class obviously, but also the Meltrandi Gunship from DYRL. With a Zentraedi captain, it could have been designed (in-universe) after the old Protoculture gunships.

The twin booms are the Macross Cannon, I believe. They point backwards by default but if you look at the mounts, they have a joint that would roll them forward.

We've been without a decent mass production kit of the New Macross Battle section for way, way, way too long.

I want the Macross 11-type with all of those spikes. I like to imagine that they sit like skeletal wings in carrier mode. Swing forward to form, like, four tuning fork cannons. They wouldn't, of course, due to the energy requirement, but that would look super-cool.

Offline winchester

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 08:45:56 PM »
I'm reading the episode discussion threads on Macrossworld Forums right now, and I think there are people that are still convinced that the Elysion is Quarter-scale, solely due to the design similarities. Nuts I say.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 09:05:23 PM »
I concur.  The characters mentioned that it was huge iiiiin Episode 2, I think. Until we get official numbers or see it next to a known element, I am going to keep working on the assumption that it has 'normal' Macross-class dimensions.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 01:31:54 AM »
Episode 10 had nothing really worth reporting. Set-ups for things that could be, but no real specifics. Although, it did lend further proof to my theory that Mikumo is an 'artificial person'.

Speaking of, are you ever going to try to give Stats for Canon Characters?

EDIT:

I did a quick screen freeze count on the Sv-262 missile bays. It has two of them mounted on the top-rear in Fighter configuration. Each holds 30 missiles.

It also has two small, retractable lasers in the nose cone.

Its dual gunpods are top mounted in Fighter mode, behind the cockpit, around the middle of the craft.

-----

The VF-31 has two small Pin-point barriers, one of each arm.  Not very powerful.

It can create a single large PPB capable of blocking the SV-262's heavy laser cannon, but it draws so much power that it shuts the VF-31 down for moment after it uses it.

The Mission Pod's heavy cannon fires from the bottom in Fighter mode.

The Mission Pod on the VF-31 only has doors on the bottom, unlike the YF-30 which has them on both sides.

Missiles can fire out of the bottom of the Fighter from an engine/leg bay. Unknown how many it holds since it uses a firing tube instead of a bay door. Fires at least up to a salvo of 9.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:23:21 AM by InfernosCaress »

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 05:13:25 AM »
Not much here this week other than the first appearance of the Sigurd Valens, a Protoculture Capital Ship. It's large enough to dwarf conventional capital ships. It has a different Fold animation, too: a stormy vortex.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:16:45 AM by InfernosCaress »

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2016, 03:46:18 PM »
Another filler episode.  Nothing to report.

Offline winchester

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 09:04:39 AM »
Another filler episode.  Nothing to report.

Oh, there was plenty to report, actually.

First off, the Sigur Valens can generate fold faults like the Vajra queen from Frontier with the help of a Wind Singer. The fold fault protected the whole fleet, not just the ship itself, and no-sold the fire of at least forty NUNS warships ranging from Northampton-class frigates up to Stealth Cruisers and Uraga-class carriers.

Second, NUNS warships - and the Elysion - can sense what size ships are coming out of fold space, or what ships will be in the area the ship is folding to, and their general locations, before the transition from fold space actually takes place. This might not be earth shaking, but still.

Third, the Khaos PMC has a pretty beefy fleet - I counted three definite Stealth Cruisers (and four more that might just be badly drawn), three definite Guantanamo-class carriers (possibly four), seven definite Northampton-class frigates, and a few ships too small to identify - all in all, I counted at least 22 definite warship-size vessels in the shot where everything is buzzing around the Elysion.

Fourth, the dome colony in the lagoon on Ragna is tiny - the Elysion looks large behind it, and this week we learned (from magazine sources) that the ship is only half the height of the Battle Seven (which was much smaller than the City 7 dome). It pretty much has to be a third type of dome-style colony ship.

Fifth, we got a complete count of visible weapons directly from the CG model, rather than the blurry overpaints they've been using for background images. 21 standard UN Spacy-style twin beam turrets, 12 of the bigger "tuning fork"-type twin turrets, 12 twin anti-mecha-type turrets, 8 fixed laser(?) guns, and 8 large missile tubes. Or at least I still think they're missile tubes.

Sixth, a *minimum* estimate of how many fighters there are on each of the carriers, given that we see four of Delta's fighters (and we know there's room for a fifth), plus another fifteen (at least!) VF-31As in the hangars, with super parts attached.

Oh, and we got a hull number for the Hemera - CV/C-110 - and confirmation that it is identical in design to Aether, and not mirror-imaged: the bridge structure is offset to the same side on both ships.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 11:13:14 AM »
The weapon counting I generally leave to you as I don't get great quality visuals on my net. And because you are good at it.  On that note, have you managed to catch a registry number for the Elysion or the city ship, yet?

That is really the only thing that was new.

We knew that Wind Singers could produce rifts from a few episodes back when one knocked out Mikumo and Freyja.

We don't know how many fighter the carriers can hold because that may have been shots from each carrier and not just a single one or it could be just the one. *shrug*

A similar issue is with the size of the fleet because NUNS were there to deliver new orders. They could have brought several of their own ships and were simply amassing the combined forces in a single location.

Battle 7 and Battle 25 were both shown to be much larger than their city ships at times and smaller on others, likely due to animation errors or simply because it looked cooler at the time. But I tend to agree that the city ship here is a small type.

Battle 7 could track things within a Fold as we saw when the display screens were following the rounds fired via the fold drive by the sound buster cannon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:16:31 AM by InfernosCaress »

Offline winchester

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »
No, I didn't see any numbers that could be the Elysion's hull number.

We also didn't really know about the wind singer creating controlled rifts - the other one was an accident and as much of a nasty shock to Heinz as it was to Frejya and Mikumo.

The fighter count I was talking about was during the fold sequence while the captain is explaining the plan, and the camera pans over a hangar full of fighters. I counted at least fifteen in there, all VF-31A models. That should be one of the carrier hangars, and it probably has more given that Delta squad is stored separately.

The fleet count was from before the arrival of the NUNS officer, though it was said to include people who escaped the other invasions. We only see Khaos uniforms in the briefing room though, and it doesn't specifically mention NUNS  escapees.

Battle 25 was never shown to be taller than the dome of Island 1, while standing behind it. All the shots with the Battle Frontier and Island 1 in the same frame have the Battle Frontier in the foreground, and it still looks smaller - which it should because Island One is huge.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »
Delta is separate, I believe. Messer was talking with Arad about Alpha Squad one one carrier while Alpha was launching from the other. The names should give us a hint. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta.  I think that Alpha and Delta both have five fighters. Presumably Beta and Gamma would as well. If two squadrons were stored on each carrier, that would put ten fighters per ship, plus maybe a few of back-ups.

NUNS forces were there before the officer made his presence known. The bomb team had to have time to get outfitted with their scuba gear and ready their bombs since they were already planting them when the officer came to speak with Khaos. Logically, they would assemble their ordinance and check it a couple of times before they mounted it. They had to be there for a couple of hours.

Battle 25 should be smaller. 1/3 or so the height of Island 1, I think it was.