Author Topic: Eps. 2.1: Heartbreakers and Thunderbolts  (Read 157 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: Eps. 2.1: Heartbreakers and Thunderbolts
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2019, 11:04:03 PM »
by studiootaking » 2019 Mar 24, 12:35
Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city starport - hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

The Major notes Björn's shift to a thousand-yard stare as he reminisces about the VA-3. When Björn's gaze returns to the 'now', he gives a knowing nod of his head with a grave smirk on his face.

"That's great and all. But how are we going to get home?"

"She's new to this kind of gig isn't she?"

"Yeah...," the Major briefly looks down and nods in agreement.

"Let's first get inside where there are fewer ears and eyes"

"Make yourself at ease"[/b]

"Thanks," the Major replies, sitting down and letting out a slightly louder sigh than intended when he got off his feet.

He gives a nod of thanks when he accepts the beer, and opens it. He politely takes a couple of small sips while they talk, as he doesn't want to dull his senses at the moment.

"Well…. Let's talk options, I suppose your shuttle at the space-port is out of question since it surely will be under observation by your "friends". You mentioned something about procuring some VF's, so I suppose you've a support craft or carrier of some kind where you'd run to with them?"

The Major looks around to double check that the doors and windows are sealed.

He leans forward, and speaks with a hushed voice, "we are the advance party of a larger force based on a... a salvaged Zentrādi battleship."

"The current plan is to rendezvous with our shuttle in the stratosphere or higher, and use it to get back to our main ship... the shuttle has Fold Boosters, see. We had to leave our main ship in deep space because, well, as I'm sure you're well aware, the Eplis faction doesn't react well to strange battleships appearing in orbit around their planets." He gives a wink and then a slightly theatrical laugh—partly to relax any remaining tension between the three.

Settling back in the couch, he switches back to business mode. "We came here looking to procure some VF-11's that we heard were used in farming. Nothing to fancy, and nothing that will raise too many red flags when they, ah... disappear," he adds with a short nose laugh.

"You wouldn't know where those 11's are, would you?" the Major asks, leaning slightly forward, and looking keenly into Björn's eyes.

by InfernosCaress » 2019 Mar 24, 13:56

Kaumirran could not settle down. Ease was one feeling that would not come to her. She could not relax. She was too antsy. So, she did not sit to talk when the others did. She paced both and forth across the room like the anxious animal that she was. She crossed her arms and uncrossed them; her fingers curled in to fists only to open again. She needed to move. She needed to do something. She felt like the walls were closing in on her. She did not want to be indoors any more than she wanted to out of them.

"That isn't going to matter," Kaumirran interjected. "Some fighters, that broken down battleship, none of it will matter. If they get a message out then we're dead. The longer that we just sit here, the tighter noose will get. We've got to do something."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:31:07 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 11:04:21 PM »
by Buran » 2019 Apr 07, 21:07
Björn "Scotsman" Eriksson

Björn listens to the guy while sipping on his beer can, his headache was getting slightly better thanks to the beer.

"You wouldn't know where those 11's are, would you?"

“Well those VF’s have no weapon whatsoever on them, the military grade radars and comm’s probably have either been taken out by the Spacy or have been sold for some quick buck… the leg bays are probably welded shut by now if they’re not full with grime….”

Björn takes a long pull form the beer can emptying it, the expression on his face showing what he thinks of the sad state of those formerly great warbirds.. “If you’re looking for those 11’s….yes I happen to know where we may find some..”

"That isn't going to matter," Kaumirran interjected. "Some fighters, that broken down battleship, none of it will matter. If they get a message out then we're dead. The longer that we just sit here, the tighter noose will get. We've got to do something."

Eriksson crushes the can with one hand and throws it on the pile of empty cans in the corner.
“Well Kid, if stealing a plane and getting the hell away from this planet isn’t part of your plan to get away from your friends, what is?”

by InfernosCaress » 2019 Apr 08, 11:52

Kaumirran paced around the perimeter of the room. She peeked in to the door as she passed by, looked for windows that she peer out of. Really, she did anything to burn off her nervous energy. She also listened to the rundown that Björn was giving. She had thought that the variable farmers were a bad enough idea. He was not improving upon that preconceived notion.

"Taking them are part of the plan," Kaumirran corrected when Björn addressed her. "Just not an important part."

She stopped her pacing long enough to face the two men.

"We need to stop them from reporting the situation."

She was not talking about the VFs.

"Stopping them from calling in support. If they do, we might as save them time and kill ourselves. 'Cause I don't know about you, but I am not going back to being a slave."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:32:46 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 11:04:38 PM »
by studiootaking » 2019 Apr 09, 11:42
Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city starport - hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

The Major occasionally glances at Kaumirran as she paces back and forth. Her behaviour is... concerning to him.

"(...) The longer that we just sit here, the tighter noose will get. We've got to do something."

The Major puts on a fake smile and gives a false laugh as he casually says, "why don't you see about barricading the door?"

“Well those VF’s have no weapon whatsoever on them, the military grade radars and comm’s probably have either been taken out by the Spacy or have been sold for some quick buck… the leg bays are probably welded shut by now if they’re not full with grime….”

The Major nods. It's not the best news, but at least they have a clearer picture of what their target is.

"Not a problem. We have the means to clean 'em up and get them back to full military spec," he responds with a confidence laden tone.

“If you’re looking for those 11’s….yes I happen to know where we may find some..”

"Great, tell me more." The Major leans in, with a glimmer in his eye. "Where are they stored? Are they stored ready to fly? ... and what's the security?*"

“Well Kid, if stealing a plane and getting the hell away from this planet isn’t part of your plan to get away from your friends, what is?”

"Taking them are part of the plan. Just not an important part."

The Major catches Björn's eye with a shrug, and an expression that implies that he should just let her run her mouth off.

"We need to stop them from reporting the situation. Stopping them from calling in support. If they do, we might as save them time and kill ourselves. 'Cause I don't know about you, but I am not going back to being a slave."

"How's this," the Major says, "we wait for dusk, get the Starbug to launch and head back to our ship to get them to defold in orbit tonight. At the same time we take the Valkyries, launch and taunt your friends to come get us, and then have the Hamekahame blast your friends' ship to atoms while we fly up to orbit to rendezvous with our ship?"

After letting that sink in for a moment, he continues, "no matter what, planning how to take the Valkyries is our first step. So, why don't you help us with that?"

* OOC: as far as security goes, it's just the usual chain-link fence and a sole security guard at the gate. The company is more concerned about people breaking into the warehouse to steal apples then they are of someone walking off with a Valkyrie. Something about the town being remote, most people not knowing how to operate a Valkyrie, and of those who do, the majority are working at better paying jobs. :wink:

by InfernosCaress » 2019 Apr 09, 12:08

Kaumirran did not like this. She did not like this, at all. That was the thought kept running through her head. It was scrolling on a loop. It made it hard to concentrate on anything else. She had been on the run. She had been so for exactly this reason. They were going to catch her. They were going to do things to her that she did not have a graphic enough imagination to full conceive. Then she was going to die. If she were lucky. If she was lucky, she would die before the second step was completed. This was terrible. She did not like this. She did not like this, at all.

Kaumirran heard the Major when he suggested that she barricade the door. She thought was a futile idea. It was not going to do much to improve the situation. Even so, she began to gather everything that she could find. She moved them one item at a time, pressing them tightly against the entrance. She did not like this. She did not like this, at all.

“We are going to die,” she muttered to herself as she worked. “We are all going to die. We are going to die, and we are going to be in a bunch of pieces when it happens. We are going to die with an arm over here, and a leg over there. I don’t like this. I don’t like this, at all. We are going to die with our fingers over there, and our ears over here. I don’t like this. I don’t like this, at all. We are all going to die.”
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:35:24 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 11:04:55 PM »
by studiootaking » 2019 Apr 10, 11:39
The Major watches what Kaumirran is doing about the barricade. He occasionally adds helpful (or unhelpful) comments like, "that might work" or "nah... not strong enough".

He leans toward Björn while Kaumirran is going on about them ending up in little pieces, and whispers (so she can't hear), "ignore her. She really does like to vocalize her internal thoughts and take things to the nth degree."

by InfernosCaress » 2019 Apr 10, 11:55

Kaumirran took the advice that she was given. She took half of it, anyway. The stuff that she was informed was unlikely to be of use, she used regardless. She merely moved those items to the top of the pile.

The stack grew higher and higher as she gathered everything that was not bolted down. The room still felt like a cage, but now it held a an edge of protection to it. Not much, but anything was better than nothing. This was at least something. Kaumirran did not stop gathering material for her barricade, though. Her manta continued throughout her work.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:36:23 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 11:05:11 PM »
by studiootaking » 2019 Apr 14, 16:37
Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city starport - Jozua Rasmussen's Light Transport Boat

Jozua contacts Khumirran. "Report," he bluntly says.

"She disappeared like the cockroach that she is in the sewers that this place thinks is a town," she replies with a note of disgust and frustration. "I'll find her." Khumirran adds, with cold intensity.

"I don't disbelieve you," Jozua replies with a chuckle. "However, I want you back at the ship."

"But...!" Khumirran starts to protest.

"I've got local assets deployed," Jozua continues. "They'll flush her out. Our little cockroach will want to get out of the $hit in this sewer as soon as she can."

"... and...?", a somewhat downcast Khumirran replies.

"... and you'll be ready to squish her with your Valkyrie."

"Understood," an energized Khumirran concludes with a vengeful note.

- Hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

Kaumirran, the Major, and Björn hear what sounds like a biker convention outside. Kaumirran and the Major look outside, and see a bunch of what look like Hell's Angels passing by on Mad Max-style choppers on the street below. All of the bikers have red bandannas tied around their upper left arm.

While waiting for Björn to come over, and as Kaumirran had tacitly agreed to his plan, the Major decided to take the opportunity to relay their plans for recovering the Valkyries and dealing with Khumirran to Mr. D and Bah in the Starbug.

After finishing the instructions, Bah adds, "sir, there are a bunch of armed bikers with red bandannas on their arms hanging out kinda near the Starbug. They're leaving us alone for the moment, but it's really obvious that they're watching us. There are a few more near that building that you and Kaumirran entered, too."

Mr. D adds, "looks like they're covering all of the road entrances onto the airfield, sir."

Bah asks, "Do you know anything about them?"

The Major replies, "they're on the streets here, too. I'll get back to you about them."

The Major ends the radio call. He turns to Björn and asks with grim seriousness, "Do know anything about them?"

OOC: Björn knows. The bikers are locally known as the "red scarfs". They're the main local organized crime syndicate. As they mostly operate a protection racket, they're very good at finding and catching the 'customers' who haven't been keeping up on their 'insurance payments'.

by Buran » 2019 Apr 15, 18:55

Björn was kept an eye on the kid, he had seen enough scared young lieutenants in his career to recognize the signs of near panic, but if her Partner didn't want to act upon it it surely wasn't his place to do something.

" Yeah, well the security around the VF's is practically non-existent, usually only one guy or two guarding them, they're more worried about their potatoes than anything else. So it wold be a quick dash and grab in the night. And we definitely need your carrier up close to the planet, as you know the 11's can get into orbit but then they are more or less exhausted, there won't be any FAST-pack boosters laying around for us…"

As Björn hears the roaring of bikes get closer he already suspects who it is, and what or better whom they're after. The radio chatter confirms his suspicions, and his reaction is a facepalm Bud Spencer Style.

"Do know anything about them?"

Eriksson stands up and takes the few steps towards the window and peeks out of it just for confirmation. Nodding he walks back towards the fridge.

"Yes, your friends must be quite well connected I guess. Those are the local troublemakers, the red scarfs. Mostly in the "protection" business" he says accentuating the word protection with fingers making accents in the air.

He picks up the remaining beers from the fridge and puts them in his duffle bag

"I'm on good terms with my neighbours, but you can be sure that the Mad-Max revival group down there has asked enough of them to know that you two are up her.."

After moving calmly towards his bedroom he stuffs the rest of his clothes in and a small wooden box "I suggest you two gather your stuff and we move out of here, we'll soon get visits probably"

Björn peaks out of the bedroom window at the back of the building to see if the red scarfs are there too or the fire-escape would still be an option to get out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:37:59 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 11:05:27 PM »
by InfernosCaress » 2019 Apr 16, 03:37
Kaumirran

Kaumirran made another sweep on the apartment. As she passed by a spot on the floor that once held an end table, she stopped. She took a second to consider her course of action. Once she had decided, she unplugged the one kilogram lamp. She carried it over and sat in the middle of her uneven pile. She took a step back, arms akimbo, and surveyed her work. The door was now as thoroughly barricaded as it could possibly be.

"Oh-Okay," Kaumirran said, breathlessly. She was tired so from exertion but from panic. The chemicals racing through her blood left her shaking from both a need to move and a need to recuperate. "No one is getting in through the door." She really felt that she needed to specify door. There were other means of ingress that were yet available.

by studiootaking » 2019 Apr 29, 12:18
Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city - Hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

"Yeah, well the security around the VF's is practically non-existent, usually only one guy or two guarding them, they're more worried about their potatoes than anything else. So it wold be a quick dash and grab in the night. (...)"

"Great," the Major says, with a genuine, wide grin. It's some of the best news that he's heard all day.

"Don't worry about our ship." He adds. "We're used to low orbit interceptions and recoveries. And..." he gets briefly distracted by the sounds of the roaring bike engines. "... they'll bring plenty of backup—in the form of Zentrādi Mobile Weapons, of course. Otherwise, we wouldn't need to be here!" he adds with a laugh.

"Yes, your friends must be quite well connected I guess. Those are the local troublemakers, the red scarfs. Mostly in the "protection" business. (...) I suggest you two gather your stuff and we move out of here, we'll soon get visits probably"

The Major pauses at that, and listens: not to the sound of the bikes outside, but for any sounds coming from the hallway and stairs outside of Björn's apartment.

Thankfully there are none.

"Hold up a sec'," he says to Björn, subconsciously also giving the hand signal to stop. In the ensuing silence, they faintly hear the sounds of the bikers shouting at each other over the noise of their engines. While they can't make out what is being said, it soon becomes clear: the bikers roar off in groups in separate directions down the streets (not alleys).

As the roar of the engines fades into the background city noises, the Major breathes a sigh of relief. "Talk about coincidences," he says, as he stealthily pears out the window at the intersection below. "Of all the places that they'd choose to gather together at..."

He swivels toward Björn, "rather thank risk bumbling into any of the 'Red Scarves', we should hold up here until dusk. It's safer than being on the run," he adds, acknowledging Kaumirran's efforts at the door with a nod. "Also," he continues, "if things really go South, it'll be easier and more defensible to arrange a pickup on the roof with our drop ship then out on the streets."

Sitting back on the couch, and after taking a big gulp of the beer, he asks Björn, "got anything to eat?"

Dusk comes. While there have been a few tense moments when groups of the Red Scarves have ridden by on the streets below, they have remained undetected and safe. The fact that the majority of Björn's neighbours have been out all day at their day jobs hasn't been an insignificant factor.

While they prepare their gear to leave, the Major says to Björn, "you know the most direct route to the Valkyries? One that'll keep us—as much as possible—off the streets and in the alleys?"

"Kaumirran, Björn will take point. You've got the rear. DON'T fall behind, understood?" he instructs.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:39:31 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2019, 11:05:42 PM »
by InfernosCaress » 2019 May 03, 14:18
Kaumirran

Kaumirran had settled down as the day had gone on. She was still somewhat twitchy and she was quick to through glances in the direction of any sound that caught her attention. She was not mumbling to herself anymore, though. That was progress.

Kaumirran had spent much of the day playing with her fingers. It had been a simple game that was more to occupy the primitive subconscious portion of her brain than it had been to serve as a form of entertainment. By the time that the Major announced that they were to leave, her digits were a deeper shade of green, showing that they were irritated and mildly swollen from all of the clutching, and squeezing, and knuckle cracking.

She quickly got to her feet when it was time to go, so much so that it was as much of a jump as it was a rise. She did not bother to comment on the suggestion that she may have difficulty keeping up. Instead, she said, “Let’s just, okay?”

She was sick of being stuck in that room. On the other hand, Kaumirran was not keen on being out in the open where some very unpleasant people were after her hide. There was not much that could be considered a positive side to this situation. In retrospect, maybe she should not have so thoroughly pissed off a pirate organization when she had decided to take her leave of them.

by Buran » 2019 May 16, 20:54

Björn let the curtain close back from where he was peering out as the bikes roar off into another direction.

“That was lucky, I thought that maybe we had been tracked to here”

As the man in charge explains his plan he just nods in agreement "got anything to eat?"

“Sorry buddy nothing left but a few beers in the fridge and tap water, feel free to take any”

Usually he would go on drinking in a situation where there was nothing to do, but he decides against it, he’ll have to be clear headed for what they want to pull of this evening. Eriksson packs the remaining few things into his duffle-bag and before putting away the small first aid kit he gulps down a headache-pill with some water.

What had he been doing back in the days when there was time to kill? He dose not remember, maybe it will come back one day, for the time being he just sits back down on the chair and closes his eyes and takes a nap.

As evening comes by they get ready to head out.

"you know the most direct route to the Valkyries? One that'll keep us—as much as possible—off the streets and in the alleys?"

“Yeah” he says with a nod” it’s mostly back alleys, although there may be a place or two where we need to cross a bigger road”

"Kaumirran, Björn will take point. You've got the rear. DON'T fall behind, understood?"

At that Björn’s left eyebrow shoots upwards, had doesn’t remember having told his name…. from where does he know it?

“Let’s just, okay?”

The Barricade that Kaumirran had gathered consisted mostly of small stuff and wasn’t impressive, after all there hadn’t been much to build a barricade with and the two most useful items, namely the sofa and the table, had been in use. With a strong pull on the door handle he shows the whole pile to the side together with opening the door.

“Let’s.”
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:40:35 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2019, 11:06:00 PM »
by InfernosCaress » 2019 May 23, 08:59
Kaumirran

Kaumirran watched with tightening lips as her barricade was compromised. She had spent what felt like forever assembling that wall. It was the shield that would protect them to end. It was a true guardian.

It also went down in a hurry. That was the worst part. Her eyes followed it as it was pushed aside with relative ease. It did not even put up a fight. She had wanted to get out of the room, to be on the move. She just contrarily wanted it to take significantly longer to achieve that goal.

Kaumirran slid past Björn toward the hall. As she stepped passed him, she call him a “Dick.”

by studiootaking » 2019 Jun 14, 12:14
OOC: re name's. Let's presume that they filled the idle time between game posts with introductions etc. That, or his name's still on his old pilot suit that he's wearing. :lol:

BIC:  Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city - Hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

“Yeah... it’s mostly back alleys, although there may be a place or two where we need to cross a bigger road”

"Great," the Major replies, somewhat more enthusiastically than the situation calls for.

In no time (and with plenty of help from the extra shadows from the dusk gradually becoming night), they make it to the factory/warehouse district where Björn's former employer is located.

At the end of the last alley directly across a bigger road from the main gate, they pause to reconnoitre the target facility.

As expected—being nighttime—operations are closed down, and there are only a few security lights on. The fence around the facility is a simple chain-link fence (double height, to keep pesky full-sized Zentradi from stumbling in), and the main gate is a double door type; also made of chain-links. One door is currently closed, and the other is half open. There's a security cubicle with the light on, but the guard appears to be on a toilet break or something.

They overhear whispers coming from near the gate, and in the shadows, can make out a thin and fat guy trying to wait "stealthily".

The Major looks at Kaumirran, whispering, "we can take 'em silently, right?"

While that's going on, Björn realizes who he's looking at: it's Engrish and Worsh! The bastards are laying in wait for him!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:41:33 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2019, 11:06:17 PM »
by InfernosCaress » 2019 Jun 14, 14:42
Kaumirran

While some of them may have stopped for a wee bit of recon, Kaumirran had been doing that throughout the trip. She was on edge. That was, no doubt, a big surprise to everyone. While she was certain that the Major thought of her as being calm, cool, and collect at all times, that was not exactly the case. No, she was still quite worried that they would be caught by her former employers and would possibly have the skin flayed from her lovely bod.

That had thankfully not turned out to be the case. She was somewhat disheartened by that. Not the lack of skin removal, that she was fine with. She was had really been hoping to meet double while out on the road. It would have been so much easier to steal the woman away if Kaumirran knew where she was. Also, it lessened the chance of getting an unexpected dagger thrown in to her back while she was looking the other direction.

"we can take 'em silently, right?"

The Meltran looked at the Major with a blank expression for a few seconds. Finally, she raised a slow hand with a finger pointing away from the gate.

“We could just go down there and climb over the fence.”

Even at double the height, a chain-linked fence was not difficult to ascend. It would just take a bit longer.

by studiootaking » 2019 Jun 15, 09:54
OOC: apologies for the rapid-fire GM posts, Buran. Playing a bit of catchup + wanting to get in as much RPing before InfernosCaress goes offline for awhile. (not to mention take advantage of a relatively stable, working message board).

Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city - Hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

“We could just go down there and climb over the fence.”

The Major had a concerned/alarmed expression as he watched Kaumirran dramatically raise her hand. It changed to a flabbergasted expression when he hears her suggestion.

"Good idea", he adds after a pregnant pause.

He then glances at the gate and the two "guards" laying in wait before glancing at Björn to see if there is a refutal to Kaumirran's suggestion. Seeing none, he takes a long look up and down the main road to confirm there aren't any more surprises.

"Let's go. Stick to the shadows, and we'll cross in the dark between those two streetlights," he says, waving his hand in the less well-lit direction.

In no time, they stealthily make their way down and across the street. Soon, they are around the corner from the main gate, and in a wide alley between two fenced in enclosures.

"What kind of security do they have on these fences?" the Major says. "IR sensors? Cameras?"

Kaumirran, being ever observant, spots what looks like a hole in the fence a couple of metres further down the alley./quote]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:43:23 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 11:06:38 PM »
by InfernosCaress » 2019 Jun 15, 10:28
OOC: I am already in the process of moving things out of my place right now. My last day here will probably be Sunday or maybe Monday. It usually takes me a few months to get around to having enough spare money to get a fresh internet service at a new place. If you need something, you can send a message to my email ( infernoscaress @ gmail . com -- no spaces). I will probably pop by a library every now and again, so I could answer from there. I don't want to try to load this place on my laptop. I don't want to try to load anything on that brick, if I am to be honest.

IC:

Kaumirran was a bit taken aback that her idea was accepted just like that. She was used to getting flack. Granted, there was frequently a good reason for that. Even so, it was nice to be accepted so freely.

She got up and moved with a partially-ducked gait down the side of the road. She did her best to stay out of view. The last thing that she needed was a bolt up the bum. Even a stun bolt would have been bad. Well, maybe. If it was at a low enough setting, the tingling might not be so bad. But that, that was for some other time. Right now, she just wanted to complete this job. She would feel a lot more secure when she was in a nice, snug cockpit, even if it was only attached to farm equipment.

As they drew near the designated crossing point, Kaumirran crept closer to the road. she looked both way to make sure that it was safe, both from on-coming traffic and armed guards. Once she was satisfied, she hurried across the street. She crouched to lower her profile and moved slowly toward the fence. She kept an eye for any guards due mainly to the fact that she did not want to be shot. She happened to spot the opening by sheer chance.

"Psst."

She tapped a finger in the direction of the hole.

She crept closer to it. Before she tried to pass through it, Kaumirran picked up a small twig. She gave it a gentle toss toward the base of the fence. If the thing was electrified, she wanted to find out before she touched it. That would not be a pleasant tingling.

by studiootaking » 2019 Jun 16, 13:11
OOC: alright, looks like we're temporarily going to warp speed now! :lol:
I've fired off an e-mail to you (Infernos). Hopefully it's made it through the ether. I totally understand about not wanting to load this (or anything) on the old laptop.

BIC: Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city - Hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

"Psst."

The Major—who had been scanning the fence top for barbed wire and cameras—glanced over at her, then the hole in the fence.

"Nice!" he happily whispers.

There's no reaction from the twig Kaumirran tosses at the fence.

Moving closer, they note a semi-well worn path in the dry grass leading toward the closest door on the bland warehouse wall a few metres on the other side of the fence. It looks like the staff were using it—maybe it was even made by them—which speaks volumes about the security in the facility.

They squeeze through the fence (the hole's only big enough for a grown man, our team's carrying flight gear and other luggage with them), and in no time make it to the door.

Wordlessly, the Major checks to see if the door is unlocked... and it is!

Inside, the hallway is lit only by the lights from the illuminated exit signs. Björn notes that he's never been to this part of the facility before—he's always made a b-line from the gate toward the middle of the facility. This section, in the 'front right' of the yard, is on the opposite side of the human resources and accounting building; places he rarely goes other than to pick up his bi-weekly pay packet.

Sneaking down the corridor, they pass the entrance to a room that is better lit. While the door is shut, the light from inside spills out from one of those rectangular examination windows in the door just above the doorknob.

The Major pauses in front of the door to look inside, and then let's out a low, whispered whistle.

"I think you were being too modest when you described the 11's you work with, friend", he says to Björn.

The others look through the window, and see a relatively clean hanger-like room. Inside are 6 VF-11D in Battroid mode, with gun pods and Super Packs. 4 of them look like they're prepped and ready to launch—1 of which is equipped with a Radome Super Pack. 1 is in a seated position, and appears to be under repair (it's engine nacelle access panels are open and one of the feet has been removed). The other 1 is in a sorry state: off in the corner, and appears to be being used for parts.

The Valkyries—while dinged and scratched from being well used—are in an excellent state.

The Major tries the lock. This time, it's locked.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:44:19 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2019, 11:07:44 PM »
by InfernosCaress » 2019 Jun 16, 13:39
OOC: My laptop has a first gen Celeron processor. I push the browser icon and it takes, like, fifteen seconds to open. Not to load the homepage, mind you; just to open the browser. To open Gmail takes, like, an additional minute and a half unless I use the Basic HTML option, then it is only twenty-five seconds. I don't want to try to load this site even on the site's very best lightning speed day.

BIC:  Kaumirran

No charge. That was an extra touch of luck. Some might consider that to be a good thing. Kaumirran knew better. She only had a reserve of luck that was so deep. She had gotten by with losing a chunk of hair instead of her head --which she was none too happy about,-- found an opening to bypass the guards, a fence that was safe to touch, and a patch of worn grass denoting the way to the door. That was great. It also meant that her well was running dry. Things were going to turn sour soon. It was as inevitable as a sunrise. A sunrise on places that had those things, anyway.

When they were indoors, Kaumirran adopted her normal stride. They were within a corridor. Walking with a hunch was not going to make her any less notable. Besides, it was dark.

They reached the door to the hanger. And of course, it was locked. The sourness had begun. They were stuck on one side of the door and their soon-to-be rides were on the other. There was only one thing that could be done.

Kaumirran looked at Björn, waiting for him to do whatever that thing may be.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:45:12 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2019, 09:57:01 PM »

The Major looks at Björn for a moment, then he kneels down, and removes his helmet from its carrying bag.

He puts his helmet on, and pulls the Leatherman utility knife out and readies one of the screwdriver heads.  The Major then wraps his right hand in the helmet's carrying bag, and—winking at Kaumirran—smashes a hole in the door's window with the Leatherman.

The Major quickly "punches" out the rest of the glass, and after placing the carrying bag along the bottom of the window frame to protect his hand, he reaches in, and unlocks the door.

Within moments, they are inside the room.

The Major dashes for the Radome Super Pack equipped VF-11.  "Dips on the Recon pack!" he yells out in hushed tones.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:45:39 AM by Sketchley »