Author Topic: VIFA-3 BW2 Mission 0: alternate reality covert intelligence op  (Read 20274 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: Job 1: Guard Duty
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »
Day 08
2059.01.24; about 19:30

Middle of Fold somewhere between "Another Planet" in the M55NGC6909 Planetary Cluster and the Messiah System.

The three MSG pilots give their reports.

Mr. Bushi nods at each in turn.  He then speaks.  "Good job, team.  I'm also very glad we got half the payment in advance."

He let's out a loud sigh as he contemplates the other half of the payment before continuing.  "I'll use OAZ's ditching to parlay us some business once we get back the fleet.

You guys deserve some time off, too.  Once we get back and cleared through immigration and customs, you guys head on home, 'kay?"

Mr. Bushi leaves, and Yamato lets out a loud sigh.  She gives everyone a thumbs up, "good job and thanks for not blowing things by spilling the beans."

2059.01.24; about 21:00
Megaroad 25 in the 125th Large Scale Research/Exploration Fleet; Messiah System.

The ship arrives and clears immigration and customs quickly.  Everyone heads off home.  There's not much more that needs to be said, and everyone is too exhausted to stick around and chat.

A return to the land of flush toilets and hot showers is heaven for the MSG members.  Despite wanting to enjoy the amenities for as long as possible, sleep soon catches up to them.

A new day, and a day off.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Job 1: Guard Duty
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2010, 12:16:40 PM »
2059.01.25; about 09:00
Megaroad 25 in the 125th Large Scale Research/Exploration Fleet; Messiah System.

Mr. Bushi has been awake all night.  He's been reviewing information he's been gathering over the past year or so on the planet that the MSG just left, the mysterious Janus, and the Raffy who guard the resting place of the the Janus.

Once satisfied that he's got all of the relevant information on data storage devices inside a small ruck sack he's carrying, he heads over to the window to look out over the city.  He looks at the view once more, like a man who knows he'll never be back, so he's taking a mental picture of the place.

"I'm not sure I'll miss this place," Mr. Bushi says, as he fishes his small necklace out of his clothes.  He presses, hard, in two two-second presses on the gemstone in the middle.  He then closes the blinds firmly, so he can't see out, and most importantly, no one can see in.??He steps away from the curtains and into the middle of the room.

The room crackles with super dimensional energy for a moment, as Mr. Bushi ripples, and then disappears!  About 1 minute later, an explosive device that Mr. Bushi set detonates, leveling the contents of the room, but not doing much damage at all to the rest of the structure.

The Bushi MSP company is in tatters with the sudden, reported, death of it's president.  The company does manage to struggle back onto it's feet, and begin to make a success out of itself once more.  No one knows what happened to Mr. Bushi.  Well, one person might, but that's a story for another game, along with what Mr. Bushi was really doing, and where he went.

The end of TMNT: Macross.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:18:42 PM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: VIFA-3 BW2 Mission 0: alternate reality covert intelligence op
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2010, 11:55:22 AM »
Time since Sheik Yer-bootii took control: 18 days
2059.01.25; about 09:00.
Orbit of planet Messiah; SDFN-08 Fokker Black Wraith's Briefing Room

Mr. Bushi, having just arrived from the TMNT reality on the pad on the top of one Super Dimension Fold Drive and underneath another one, overhead.

He immediately starts removing the makeup pieces that made him look all that more like a mutant animal.  The staff operating the reality drive, despite knowing and expecting Mr. Bushi's appearance, are still repulsed by it.

Mr. Bushi is immediately put through testing to confirm that he hasn't been contaminated with radiation.  He is then put into quarantine to confirm that he hasn't brought any viruses or bacteria with him.

He asks one technician, "how quickly can I schedule an appointment with the doctor?  I want to get these surgical changes removed as soon as possible!" he says, waving at the hair and other implants that alter the dimensions of his face, torso and appendages.

The technician shrugs, "Major General Yoshimoto's waiting, sir."

"Yes, yes," replies Mr. Bushi, exasperated.

Shortly, Mr. Bushi finds himself in a sterile quarantine room.  There's a TV with a teleconferencing device in front of it on one end of a table.  At the other end is a chair.  Yamato is staring angrily out of the TV.

Mr. Bushi sits down, and immediately begins talking, "I can't believe it, sir!  It was the same, but... just... different, you know.  Everyone was a mutant animal!  It was like a bad SF show, too.  You know the type, eh, the same key actors, but all in different makeup!  There was an Archer, Laframboise and Yamato!  Just weird!"

Yoshimoto growls, "did you locate the Janus?"

Mr. Bushi finally catches onto Yoshimoto's impatience.  "Yes."

"When and where was it located?"

On the surface of "Another Planet", in the M55NGC6909 Planetary Cluster, on 2059.01.17."

"Right," Yoshimoto tersely responds.  He then turns to talk with someone off-screen.  "Alright, Captain, charge up the fold engines and take us there."

The screen deactivates.

Mr. Bushi stands up and looks around the room, scratching numerous spots.  "I think I got fleas."

He looks up at the ceiling and yells, "can't I take a shower?!"