Author Topic: Episode 1: Rendezvous Rondo  (Read 5306 times)

Offline sanpo

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 1: Rendezvous Rondo
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 10:51:45 PM »
Kasey

Kasey walk up to her.  Greet her as a noble lady.  "As my associate said.  How much money are you paying and is the carrier for us or the stolen property?"  Having a closer look at her details.

OCC: Seeing her body type and age.  Awareness roll of 9 + skill of 15 = 24

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 03:50:03 AM »
Kasey
Stepping aside from the direct headlights, you see a young woman in her late teens or early 20s. She appears slim and ill suited to rough frontier around her, but her eyes regard you with a cold, professional demeanor. Pretty, if not exceptionally beautiful, she knows how to maximize what she has to great effect. "The carrier is for both and is sufficiently large enough to carry everything."

Everyone

"As for pay, the client is willing to foot all repairs and logistic costs incurred in the pursuit of its assets. This includes ammunition and Golem repair parts through Kasey's repair shop. Upon completion and successful delivery of the package, payment of 250,000 Marks will be delivered in cash and they will provide transportation to any world of your choice.

[OOC: 250,000 Marks is approximately 25 CP AT FAIR MARKET VALUE]

She paused for a moment, looking away from the group. "Understood" she states coldly, her face twisting slightly with apparent bad news. Returning her attention to the group, she says, "I will need an answer immediately as I have just received information our time-table has been advanced by approximately 2 hours. We can not delay; the package is on the move."

Offline aythati

• Hero of the MRG
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 02:16:25 PM »
Karl

"Nothing upfront huh?" Konrad shrugs "Well beggars can't be choosers. Count me in."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:02:38 AM by aythati »

Offline reustle

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 11:56:35 PM »
Dunstig:

"Changes nothing for me, I am still here and willing to work"
Life is to short, don't like me then BYTE me.

Offline sanpo

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 03:27:57 AM »
Kasey

Kasey said "I am in the faster we finish the sooner we get paid."

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 05:12:42 AM »
"Excellent," Annemarie states. She signals the driver to bring up Dunstig's Golem from the carrier. "Dunstig, you should man your machine immediately.

"The package is currently in transit aboard the Lern rail transport, operated by Fuvam GmbH. Informants planted information within the smuggling ring on the planet of a large PSYKER shipment on board to make it a valuable target. Apparently, this information of an imminent heist made it to Fuvam as well, hence the accelerated departure of the transport.

"We can no longer expect to be able to operate under the distraction of the smugglers. We must recover the package before the train reaches a hastily repaired space elevator from an abandoned colony site.

"Konrad, I'll leave the tactical decisions on how to proceed to your experience. There's quite a distance to cover, and may be too late to wait for Dunstig's support. I will relay the train's current position as soon as reliable intel arrives."

[OOC - The Lern transport is a rapid rail transit system. The destination space elevator is small cargo hook, it moves too rapidly to safely tranfer passengers. Konrad and Kasey's mech can easily head the train off, but would be very close to the SE if you all move at Dunatig's rate of travel.]

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:14:23 AM by kuro_zero »

Offline aythati

• Hero of the MRG
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:17 PM »
Karl

"I need to know what stops the train is going to make and the towns its passing through. Also what rail lines on the route and what its priority is through those rail lines." Karl say as he gets his mecha ready. "Kasey, you load up and get to the next customs point as soon as you can, contact me once your there. Dunstig proceed directly towards the Orbital Lift. Everyone maintain comm links but keep chatter to a minimum." Karl climbs into his mecha and sends one more message, "Time to earn our pay people!"

Offline reustle

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
Dunstig:

Mounts up and at max safe speed makes out on an intercept course to Lrn Transport.

Offline sanpo

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 12:51:51 AM »
Kasey

Kasey start geting his mecha ready.  Kasey said "OK Karl."  Kasey call to Annemarie.  "Where is the customs point?  Can you sent us the maps for the mission to our computer."

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »
[OOC]Sorry for the delay, having difficulties editing the map so will get that up soon as able. Want to move things along somewhat while I do so.

Karl

"I need to know what stops the train is going to make and the towns its passing through. Also what rail lines on the route and what its priority is through those rail lines." Karl say as he gets his mecha ready. "Kasey, you load up and get to the next customs point as soon as you can, contact me once your there. Dunstig proceed directly towards the Orbital Lift. Everyone maintain comm links but keep chatter to a minimum." Karl climbs into his mecha and sends one more message, "Time to earn our pay people!"

"There is only one rail line connecting the two cities, Gissen and Tilsit and runs through some of the larger mining operations around Crater Park and the Spiral Ridge Lands. There are no other lines and Fuvam owns and operates the rail as well as subsidizing most of the mining operations. As it appears they are in a rush, I doubt they will make any stops.

The only customs here is the occasional Vukner military training patrol, or the Import Customs on the destination planet. I don't believe I need to tell you it'd be too late should we try to head them off there."

Dunstig:

Mounts up and at max safe speed makes out on an intercept course to Lrn Transport.

Once inside, the Golem starts up. Instinctively, you scan the rapid text readouts of system initializations and automated checks and find no anomalies. However, when you try to engage the unit to move, it doesn't respond!

Offline aythati

• Hero of the MRG
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 02:58:50 PM »
Karl

"Only one rail line?" Karl say to himself "Ok Kasey use your boosters to get ahead of the train and cut the tracks. You should cut the tracks at the half way point between the cities if you can. Once your done, I will cut the tracks behind them. Hopefully the train will derail and save us alot of trouble."

Karl will take his mecha on a parallel course to the rail line 5 km away and 5 km behind the train.

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »

Intercept points are fastest to reach the rail at max speed. Dunstig's intercept travel time is further due to lern rail having to slow down to navigate the passes and inclines.

Offline sanpo

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
Kasey

Kasey push the golem at top speed to get in front of the train to destroy the track.  "Karl are you going to ask the train to stop be for it crash?  It will be a mess and make it hard to find package when it crash."

Offline reustle

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 01:21:57 AM »
Dunstig:

He holds his breath, shuts down the Golem.  He then go over the check list and start up sequence, rechecking everything he did and did not miss anything or get anything started in the wrong order.

Offline aythati

• Hero of the MRG
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »
Karl

"More of them that die in the crash, the less I have to spend on ammo, Kasey. "