Author Topic: Act 3c: end game  (Read 5822 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: Act 3c: end game
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »
Large Magellanic Cloud Galaxy: Lantea
Skanda's mothership - Hallway "near" the pal'tak

Niel launches 40 HMM-5A, filling the hallway with missiles and semi-vision obscuring smoke.

Cartie responds by shooting a 30 r burst at the back of Thealk and Frayzer's VF-19D.  It gets hammered, hard.  Smoke begins to fill the cockpit.

The Jaffa attempt to shoot down the missiles.  They knock down 8, but the other 32 (now 4 apiece), continue rocketing toward them.

Kawalski starts stepping backwards, behind the Jaffa, spraying the missiles with ineffective fire from his staff weapon.

Jacobson leaps into one of the alcoves, behind cover.

Thealk and Frayzer attempt to locate the source of the smoke and extinguish it.

Neil transforms to GERWALK just as the missiles hit.  The hallway erupts in a humongous, rolling fireball, that rolls toward Niel and Thealk!  The fireball knocks the two off of their feet.

The Jaffa are incinerated, along with a sizable amount of the walls, ceiling and floor adjacent to the area they were standing in.

With a rumble, parts of the next one or two decks above the hole collapse, filling the breech, and cutting off the passageway.

Jacobson whirls out of cover with his gun pod aimed in Cartie's direction.  Cartie's gone!

Neil and Thealk get back on their feet.  Jacobson flatly observes, pointing at the collapse, "I don't think we'll be going that way."

A siren begins chiming in the ship.

The jamming signal is weaker, like it's coming from behind one or two bulkheads.

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
  • dare you look at my avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »
"In that case we'll go the long way, Thealk take point." Neil says observing the collapse. Meanwhile he thought to himself, Not Cartie as well, Do these things know no bounds, damn them

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »
OOC: no Halley for a 2nd week?!?!?

"In that case we'll go the long way, Thealk take point."

Jacobson holds up his arm to stop the other two Valkyries.

"Uh, sir," he says, "Cartie knows our mission plan.  So, uhm, I think we should either bug out now, or complete it, as planned, very fast."

Jacobson pauses, as he thinks he heard something in the distance.  "Micheal, as our bombs are a big threat to the Goa'uld, I think we should send someone down to them to make sure they go off as planned.  At the same time, we have to take over the bridge.  Therefore, I recommend Thealk head down to the engines to check out the bombs, as Romaine can watch his back."

"We," he points at both himself and Niel to reinforce his point, "storm the bridge, as you'll need me to translate and drive the ship..." Jacobson pauses, as he rethinks things.  "or... I'll need you to cover me while I drive the ship."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 01:07:13 PM »

"Right, good plan," says Neil.  He turns to Thealk, "do what he says."

Thealk trots off in the direction of the engine room.

Jacobson looks around, as Neil stands expectantly.  Jacobson looks in the direction of the collapsed hallway.

He suddenly yells, "I've got an idea!" and begins charging headlong up the pile of debris.

Near the top, he starts pulling debris out and letting it fall.  Neil comes up and helps.  Within a few moments, they've made a hole large enough for a VF to squeeze through.

Squeezing through, they find themselves on the ruins of the floor of the level above (or maybe it was two levels above and crushed the second level when it collapsed, but never-mind).

They check, and the coast is clear.  They then slide down the debris pile and find themselves in front of the entrance to the pal'tak.

Jacobson hisses at Neil, "I think they might be expecting us, despite the lack of guards in the hallway out here.  I suggest you charge in with guns blazing, and I follow."

Engine Room

Thealk makes it there in good time, after having sneaked past a gaggle of guards running toward the hallway next to the pal'tak that Neil blew up real good.

He pops into the engine room just as Cartie does.  They are both surprised by the other, and both move to take cover behind machinery, door-frames, whatever, and bring their guns to bear - no point in missiles in the engine room, as it'd mean instant death of all combatants.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 01:44:04 PM »
It's time to play "Choose your own ending to the game"

You're options are:

heroic:
Both Neil and Thealk put up a valiant effort, giving as good as they get.  They both manage to punch huge holes in the pal'tak and main drive, while seriously injuring their opponents, and taking a hail of bullets.  Their valiant counter attack damages the ship so it's dead in deep space.  The SGC on Lantea survives and is able to find a source of power to return to the Milky Way Galaxy.  The fate of SG1 isn't 100% clear to the survivors, but the effects of their actions are felt, and they are mourned as heroes.

Pessimistic:
Kowalski, and a platoon of Jaffa are waiting in ambush just inside the pal'tak.  He shouts at Niel, "you should have ran when you had the chance!"  Cartie gets the drop on Thealk, and both Neil and Thealk are cut down in a hail of gun pod bursts to the chest of their respective battroids.

Optimistic:
Kowalski, and a platoon of Jaffa are waiting in ambush just inside the pal'tak.  He shouts at Niel, "you should have ran when you had the chance!"  Cartie gets the drop on Thealk, and both Neil and Thealk are cut down in a hail of gun pod bursts all over their respective battroids.  A few hours later, Frayzer, Neil and Thealk revive in a sarcophagus.  They are in the process of being taken to Skanda for questioning when the ship begins shuddering and shaking from numerous missile impacts.  Alarms sound, and the Jaffa guard around them steadily diminishes until there is only one nervously standing guard over the three.  He's not much work for the calvary that bursts in to not only rescue SG-1, but also disable and take control of the ship.  SG-1 is a bit worse for wear from the mission, but they make it safely back to the Milky Way Galaxy in good time.

Have fun choosing.

The end of Stargate Macross.  It's been fun.