Author Topic: a new start  (Read 2982 times)

Offline paul the black skull

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
a new start
« on: June 06, 2006, 08:42:38 PM »
Lt Keith Bartholomew Erskine follows the directions he has been given to find his new assignment. Now he know It seems he is going thought the bowels of the ship to the low hanger decks that seems more for storage and maintenance then the base of an active squadron. Fining the door it look to be an air lock to a hanger both air lock doors are open showing the bay is pressurized.

He walks into the hanger complex
now I can reveal my true identy Paul shlane is the black skull.   If you didn't know

Offline Tafa

• Colonel
  • Official Forum Daystalker
    • View Profile
Re: a new start
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 04:11:52 PM »
Keith had never been one who enjoyed much attention, and while walking to the isolated hangar of his new squadron he realised just how much he might enjoy the new accommodation. He was getting old and his body was starting to tell him this, even if wasn't showing it yet. He knew it wouldn't be long before they would be assigned to desk duty. He let his thoughts roam until he found himself standing at the hangar doors.

The VFs lining the wall were a sight to behold. Keith knew they were mostly the fleets outdated and reserve fighters forsaken to be used by a seemingly expendable group of pilots. But that didn
-The only reason that I talk to myself is because that I'm the only one whose answers I accept-

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:02:24 AM »
Well welcome aboard however no smoking in this hangar.  Its bad for your health
now I can reveal my true identy Paul shlane is the black skull.   If you didn't know

Offline Tafa

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 07:31:16 AM »
Keith would have liked to have responded to the comment on his habit but chose not to. He simply grunted, took one last draw and put his cigarette out on one of the nearby counters. Keith gave the short mecha-engineer a once over, while doing this and for the first time noticed the name tag,
-The only reason that I talk to myself is because that I'm the only one whose answers I accept-

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 12:02:38 AM »

Offline Tafa

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 04:17:35 AM »
Keith gave a half-hearted salute as Sergeant Wood walked away. He really needed a smoke right now, but decided it best if he left it until after meeting the CO. He started to make his way to the door that had been pointed out to him. The pilot knew that he wasn
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:20:05 AM by Tafa »

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »
The room is the size of a standard commander office.  The wall has pictures of aircraft and pilots.  Most of the pictures are of VF-1s.  there desk centered in the room.
Behind the desk is a man in his mid 30 black hair dark eyes.  He looks up from his paper work.

Offline Tafa

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 11:40:55 AM »
Keith really couldn't say much since even he couldn't deny what the major had just said. No CO in his right mind would have touched him and though he was happy to have been given one more chance to do what he felt he had been cloned to do, he couldn't help feel there was probably more to this. There usually was.

Keith rubbed the week old stubble on his chin, "I'm grateful for the vote of confidence and as much as I might appreciate it, I think it's a little too early for that. I'd first try to sharpen old razor a bit first before trying to cut with it." He smiled slightly before continuing in a serious tone, "So first of all I'd like to find out what the squadron's duties are and the roles it will play in the fleet. I'm an optimist and even I'm sure we aren't going to be sent to strike at any ships on our own out there." He paused before adding, "Reason I'm asking because the letter I've got here", he taps one of his jacket's pockets, "...doesn't say much to be honest."

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 03:43:42 PM »

Well our official designation is a mutirole squadron; Air defense, ground attack, recon, were ever command needs an extra hand.  Unofficially we get krap other squadrons don

Offline Tafa

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 03:59:52 PM »
OOC: God bless internet cafes and all the good they do in the world :-)

Keith wasn’t too bothered when he heard the squad’s role, he just wanted to know what missions they were probably going to be running. To him the squadron wasn’t less of a squadron just because they never got to be shot at more than the others in the fleet. “Well, that clears up any other questions I might have had. So…”, a beep from the major’s computer interrupts him.

Just give me a second. Well I hope you don’t need too much sharpening because it seems we got ourselves a mission. Intel liked the data we sent them, flight deck were going to need our 4 active plans ready for transfer to anther ship

Keith who was familiar with quite a wide variety of military jargon, was having trouble with the last bit of the major’s phrase but he calmly took a shot at it, “Well, it seems that the military has moved on without me in the last couple years, but if I’m right to which ship will the four pilots be transferring to and where would we have to meet?”
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 04:02:34 PM by Tafa »

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 09:25:14 PM »
(Occ please juts ignore bad spelling it was suppose to be planes not plans)

IC.

Offline Tafa

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »
Keith followed quietly, he took one last look back at the hangarbay and squadron office as they walked to the transport tube. He knew that there really wasn't going to be much of a  conversation going on between them, so he made himself comfortable behind the C.O. A while later, for the sake of conversation he asks, "Sounded like the pups got chucked into the brig for making somthing go boom. Is this normal?"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 10:40:38 AM by Tafa »