Author Topic: Moving Forward, or, An MRG Charter  (Read 5804 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: Moving Forward, or, An MRG Charter
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:17:02 PM »
I thought I saw Dyson on here after the move...

have you tried e-mailing them with links to this host?

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 05:40:10 PM »
Unfortunately I have not heard from anyone.  You might try emailing their member listed email addresses.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
I'll try to find Dyson online.

I just sent an email to the Mekton Mailing list.  I know some people from there played here.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Cobalt

• Lt. Colonel
  • 100% Pure Awesome
    • View Profile
    • The KotOR Fan Media Forums
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 12:55:45 PM »
I couldn't find gasstank's e-mail on his profile.  I might be looking in the wrong place.  At this point, I have not had a player post on the First Contact War since late April.  If I don't hear from 'tank, soon, I'll be closing up that shop.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 10:29:12 PM »
Update on the charter - this is as far as CvD and myself have gotten.  Any input is appreciated:

MRG+ Charter

Preamble

1. [something about MRG is a website by the players, for the players.  Non-profit organization, etc. this isn't like most RP websites where just one person is in charge and you have to deal with the hierarchy of veteran players.  This also gives us an opportunity to wow them with the dream that they can be part of.]

[still gotta come up with something for this... ]

2. Staff Members
i) Administrators [Webmasters]:
  This role pertains to the overall direction of the site, the boards, and the campaigns.  Certain Administrators may also take on extra rolls specific to their talents, such as web design, database maintenance, financial transactions (book keeping) and such.

a) All Administrators will be included in the list of those who have access to the site's non-profit paypal, through which donations are handled and which is used to pay for the webspace.

b) Administrators will also have access to the website group email account, and the site control panel from the web host.  In short, the buck stops here and it is a lot of responsibility.

c) No a Administrators will ever be required to give credit info or retain financial responsibility for the site (meaning no one Administrators is stuck with the bill).

d) 2 minimum, with one new administrators position for every 50 Active Members.

e) Minimum of 6 months of service, after which they may initiate new elections.

f) Can resign at any time before the term is up, but must transfer authority to successor before ceasing duties.  If no successor can be found within a timely fashion, the most senior Game Section Moderator becomes the interim administrator.

g) Can be removed from position by unanimous vote of all Global Moderators AND Game Section Moderator AND the other Administrator.  However, the most senior Global Moderators must become a provisional administrator until a replacement is found. Active Members may petition for removal with as few digital signatures as 10 Active Members.  Once the process is started, official removal from office is ratified as if the proposal came from a staff member.  Removal of an Administrator triggers a minimum 15 day cool-down period before new Administrators elections are held.

h) New administrators may be voted upon by not only staff, but Active Members.

Nominated or Volunteered:
Sketchley for Admin and Webmaster function (volunteered)
Cerebellum von Doom/Zed Cassel for Forum and Webspace Admin/Tech (nominated/psuedo-volunteered)

ii) Game Section Moderator: This role will have access to content discussion, give opinion on direction of the site, manage member relations in their assigned subsections of the site and their own games, be required to be playing or running at least one game, will observe member relations issues from other sections (for the purpose of oversight without interference), and occasionally be tasked with assisting an Administrator when both Administrator and Game Section Moderator in question see fit.

a) Game Section Moderator are required to act in a fair and responsible manner at all times.  When partaking in GSM Council votes they are reminded that they are the chosen representative of their players and should act accordingly.  Like players, Game Section Moderator who are unable to fulfil their duties are required to inform another staff member as soon as possible so cover can be provided for their game.

a) Permanent as long as their game or area of responsibility continues. May be removed in a similar manner as an Administrator.
b) Defer to decisions of the Administrators. May submit review discussions in staff only boards if they feel an Administrator's decision is not in the best interest of the parties involved.

c) Able to overrule an Administrator's decision if all Game Section Moderator + the other Administrator(s) are unanimous in overturning the decision.

d) Game Section Moderator are given commission once their idea has been both polled by general membership for a period of no less than 15 days showing definitive interest of at minimum 4 Active Members, and has successfully received a two-thirds vote approval from existing staff.

e) Game Section Moderators are created on an as needed basis, with first an Active Membership call for volunteers and nominations.  Each volunteer and nominee needs to have the backing of at least one staff member before a general election may be held for the position.  If two suitable candidates are not found for the election, there will be a staff-only vote to decide if the position is indeed required or if duties can be spread among existing staff.  Only a majority vote is required to move forward with the new Game Section Moderator, but at least one Administrator must be backing the new candidate.

f) There will be at least one Game Section Moderator for every subdivision of games on the board, with new Game Section Moderators added each time a subdivision reaches 5 or more sections/games that are active.  Some sections may require a Game Section Moderator on their own, such as the Joining Board, the General Discussion Board, and the Member Announcement Board.

Nominated or Volunteered:
Jet Jockey: Lady Godiva, Sector Info & Interaction
MasumiX: Sector Info & Interaction
Hegemon: Cthulhutech, Sector Info & Interaction (is he still active???)
Aythati: An Exposition
Cobalt: Macross 1st Contact War

iii) Specialty Roles:  Any staffing position that is not in charge of section moderation or games in any way.  These roles will be created as their need is made apparent.

a) Defer to decisions of the Administrators.

3 General Members

i) Members:
the players and people interested in discussing what we discuss.  Members must abide by the MRG+'s Rules and Terms of Service or lose posting privileges.  All players are required to post to the frequency set by the Game Section Moderator of their particular game.  If they are unable to post for some reason, they are to inform their Game Section Moderator or another member who is able to pass on a message at the first available opportunity.  Failure to do so may result in the players character being removed from play and the player removed from the game.

a) Members have the right to apply to play in games of their choosing as long as the game is not full.

b) In the event that all games are full, Members may petition for either the creation of a new game, or the expansion of an existing game by review and tasking of additional Game Section Moderator/Administrator assistance to the game in question.

c) Members do NOT have the right to join a game if they prove themselves unable to integrate properly, have a history of non-compliance with general role-play guidelines, or have a proven history of game abandonment.

d) Members have a right to advocacy in any site related issue by their Game Section Moderator of choice when dealing with issues decided by an Administrator in regards to other site members (meaning that not only do they get to tell their side, but they get a less biased and higher authority on their side to at least ensure both sides are heard by the Administrators before a decision is made.)

e) Defer to decisions of the Administrator, and Game Section Moderator.

ii) Active Members: active membership is a status granted any player who has been part of the MRG+ for no less than 60 days and has been actively participating in a game board for the last 30 days, or alternatively the general discussions/stats/joining board for the past 45 days.

a) Active Members have a vote weight of 1 vote in any general poll, election, or site wide decision.

4 Voting

i) Staff Voting:

a) All votes are 50%+1 (except in aforementioned cases).

b) voting period: 1 week or 50%+1, whichever is first.

c) In ties, everyone who voted must state their reasons for or against the vote and there must be further discussion in order to build consensus.

d) When a decision must be made immediately, Administrator votes will be taken as 1.5 their normal votes.  If the vote is still a tie, 1D2 will be rolled on magic castle and the result posted as a link for others to verify.  1 = yay.  2 = nay.

e) In staff votes, Administrator votes count as (1.2*# of staff)+1, Super Game Section Moderator votes count as 2, Specialty Roles as 1.5, and Game Section Moderators as 1. Each voter will be calculated based on their highest multiplier only.

ii) General Votes:

a) General Votes occur whenever a new staff position becomes available, during special circumstance, or anytime the staff feel the Active Members should have a say in a particular decision.
b) Active Member votes count as 1, Game Section Moderator as 2, Super Game Section Moderator as 5, and Administrators as 10.  This scale may change as membership grows.

5 Disciplinary Procedures:

a) Player disciplinary procedures will be conducted by the Game Section Moderator of the game.  A Game Section Moderator that feels that a player offence warrants that the player be banned from their game or campaign is fully entitled to do so, but may not ban them from the MRG+.  GM's are reminded however to give the benefit of the doubt, and fit the punishment to the crime.

b) A player may seek advocacy from another staff member to arbitrate the disagreement, or at the very least, seek a third party explanation of the infractions.

c) Only the GSM Council may determine whether someone is banned from the MRG.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:32:56 PM by Sketchley »

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »
I will read that later but we may have to face the reality that for all purposes this is a dead forum.

We might able to to use this place as a rpg information warehouse & to pool all of our resources to have at least one game we all play together but beyond that we are past keeping it alive on life support.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"