Author Topic: Masumix Status  (Read 4838 times)

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« on: August 14, 2004, 09:23:01 AM »
Gone till the 20th
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 08:08:42 AM »
Ok, I`m officially back from tommorrow, posting will being its regular cycle of wed.sat posting this week. Thank you for your patience.
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 10:02:50 AM »
The sudden illness of my wife has kept me from being here to Gm, my appologies, I will update when my hands are free.
Old and Grumpy

Offline Jester

• Admi(n)ral
  • Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
    • http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org
Masumix Status
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 12:05:03 PM »
Sorry to here that MasumiX, tell her we all send our best and hope she gets better soon. And don't stress yourself we can manage here, just let us know what area's you need us to take over if you need it.

:)

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 04:12:24 AM »
thank you she is better now
Old and Grumpy

Offline silos

• DeadAccount
  • Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
Masumix Status
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 10:30:52 PM »
I'm glad to hear that MasumiX.
Jester ME---------JJ
 :beating:  :whip:

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 06:20:47 PM »
Off to see the Doc today, might not have time to make my posts, sorry.
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 05:06:06 AM »
rawr: the masumix has cold...or is coming down with a cold... or or ... whatever, its the icky runny nose cant think in a striaght line to save my life.

SO; if I promissed I`d do something for you, or I miss a post, thats why; Please PM me about the miss!
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 07:11:48 AM »
Preliminary Cautionary warning;

My computer is experiencing mild technical difficulties that could lead to a temporary shut down. I hope to avoid this.

Secondly, japan is facing is second very huge(probably once again record breaking) typhoon (after a host of simply just plain big nasty ones); Because of my local and the unstability of the envoiroment due to previous typhoon and near continueous earthquakes connections may severed at a level that I cannot affect.

Should this happen i will of course try to maintain contact through apeman007, but the links end there so. If I vanish, at least you know why (*sweat*)
Old and Grumpy

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
Masumix Status
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 12:25:09 PM »
ack!  Hunker down and grab the things most important to you! (like soup and uhm, playstation 2s...)

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 11:02:27 AM »
I poofed all my internet links,  my computer hates, and still overheats >.<... give me a couple fo days to get shit back togther.
Old and Grumpy

Offline roy_vf1s

• Miniluv Approved
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Big Brother is watching!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/roy_vf1s
Masumix Status
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 12:14:07 PM »
What the heck happened to the comp?  Is it some sort of malignant program, or did something get screwed up in the hardware?
Roy Focker was so distraught after Aries' death, he decided to do the manly thing and grow a mullet. Someone forgot to tell him that they go on the back of your head.

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 12:41:45 AM »
A java script went apeshit on me and ate all temporary and registry files for firefox, I suspect  that a nastier bug awaits deeper in the works, my registries a mess,; and I spent last week elimination threatening files by hands(always a risky buisness) so chances are I`ve opened more than a few holes, its really quite depressing..., windows cant partition itself a new boot sector without formating the orginal one, you cant format the orginal one with windows installed, you install windows and try and reformat your drive you get a third of the way through and the system crashes and then your stuck fucking around in your bios to make the windows disk  boot off the rom drive,  and then you reinstall windows (theres and hour and half gone) just to find out NOTHING HAS CHANGED, a system recovery disk requires that you have somethign other than a flopy drives , because part way through making the disk its full and then the disk is fucked as my cheap disk drive overwrites and now you cant format the disk because its fat is nonexistent. and you begin to wonder about weather or not the computer and software are aware enough no to write over the fat tables on the HARD drive, and finally I gave up by using ome crap peice of free sofware off the web that filledhalf my hard drive with temporary files, and even with a decent stack EEVRYTHING was running so slow that the computer started to over heat (and I already run 5 degrees over speck....thus the melting off of the pentium label.))

*pant* *pant*

Soooo, I`m left pulling my hair out by my roots trying to pick up the threads of the 5000 or  bookmarks I had tabbed and organized for easy refrence and cross reference  and the inevitable product  of all of the above mess is me drinking myself to sleep so I can just FORGET about  it and go to work the next with problems of spyware and windows complete and tottal innability to actually REMOVE ANTYHING... fuck, I`ve got temporary files lurking around from when I first install everything to the computer; and the fact that I can only find 54 gigs of the total 62+ that are being used!

RAWRRRWRRRWRRR!  I EAT YOU PEICE OF SHIT....

amhem, scuse the rant...
Old and Grumpy

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
Masumix Status
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 02:08:59 AM »
Sounds similar to a few of my own experiences.  Here's something you might try:  Create a system recovery disk on a cd, then tell your computer to boot from the cd.

Another possibility is running a complete install of windows over your current one, then immediately have it format the partition that you need.

I wish I could offer more advice, but it sounds like you've tried a lot of the things that can be done.  Your next best bet is a boot disk off of the final version of dos that was created.

Offline IronChicken

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
Masumix Status
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 03:01:50 AM »
:shock:

Try going through your preferences and setting it so that you have no hidden files, then get yourself an antivirus program. Norton offers a free 6 month trial if you want to do things over the table.

...next...

Ehmm..... How old is your processor?
 What kind of RAM do you have?
 Do you think you can get a AMD socket A motherboard?

If it's possible to swap out your board and memory for a socket A AMD, I have a spare 1.1-2 Ghz processor I'm not using that I can give to you. I don't think I'd get more than 10 bucks for it on Ebay so I might as well give it away if you want it  ;)

As I understand it, AMDs operate at lower temperatures since they don't rely as much on the brute force of speed to get stuff done...