Author Topic: Masumix Status  (Read 4835 times)

Offline roy_vf1s

• Miniluv Approved
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Big Brother is watching!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/roy_vf1s
Masumix Status
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 11:16:52 AM »
IC's right.  And I think Zed's right, too.  You've already done everything I would've suggested (including drinking yourself silly), so your best bet is probably to get as much information as you can safely stowed away somewhere (links in emails and such, photobucket and the like) and just completely re-install Windows (I assume you're using XP?) and do your partition.

And don't forget to make an extra WSD (Whoa, SHIT! Disk) to keep around...

I wouldn't recommend using Norton or McCafee Anti-virus if you can help it; sometimes, they're just as malignant as whatever it is you're trying to get rid of.
Roy Focker was so distraught after Aries' death, he decided to do the manly thing and grow a mullet. Someone forgot to tell him that they go on the back of your head.

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 08:48:39 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I`m beating her back with my trusty'del' button BWAHAHHAA...ahem, no but serious, getting more informed about how xp work si shelping, as is seriously reducing the volume of information (valuable) off the computer, deffinately want to partition off my system files; buuuuuut.. the masumix fights with his computer in  a foreign language >.<
Old and Grumpy

Offline IronChicken

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
Masumix Status
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2004, 02:28:05 AM »
Lessee... some stuff to add:

You can set your computer to multilanguage as I do. I have my American Win2k set to English/Japanese/Chinese. I forget how to set it to international but I believe you can do a web search on that.

Something else you might want to consider on top of a antivirus: Adaware is a good program. My computer freaked out from a malignant bunch of invasive adware crap the other night and I lost my desktop for a couple of hours until I installed adware (again) and removed the stuff that was bogging the system down. So far, I haven't had any problems with either programs the last 4-6 or so years I've used it. You can shut off Norton easily if you're installing or running stuff it's sensitive to (I've only had to shut it off when installing.) Dr Watson on the other hand is a POS and I've had to surgically remove it as it came with Win2k by default if you use the debug tools.

Still having trouble and suspect it's software related? Try running in safe mode to either fix or do a mass exodus of files.

Good luck! *makes a mad dash for cover*  

:crash:

Offline roy_vf1s

• Miniluv Approved
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Big Brother is watching!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/roy_vf1s
Masumix Status
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 01:20:39 PM »
Geez, it's sounding like I'm not the only person who's gone through an A+ Certification class... you guys are giving Masumi some grade A advice, hopefully it'll work.

If not, there's always the BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell) recommendation: Go to MS DOS, change to your home drive.. and fdisk.exe  (NOT Recommended by roy_vf1s)
Roy Focker was so distraught after Aries' death, he decided to do the manly thing and grow a mullet. Someone forgot to tell him that they go on the back of your head.

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 12:30:40 AM »
Its an MS box,, no Fdisk.... also, I live on top of a holy mountain in japan. Japan being the high tech country where no one in the "populace" has concrete education in computer, and the holy mountain being the last place on earth that the giant calculator first released in japan is still being used and called hightech *weeps*
Old and Grumpy

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Masumix Status
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2004, 01:06:14 AM »
IC - I can set my PC to display Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc..  However, I can only do that in an html environment.  When you say multilanguage, do you mean html only?  OR everything, from word processor text to individual names in the HD?

Despite the heavy dose of sarcasm (ah, fellow Canadian ;) ,) there is a lot of truth in what MasumiX is saying.  He is using a JWin system on a J-DOS computer.  His mountain in the back-country is holy (and now a world heritage site - not many of you can call your backyard... heck, entire yard, that, eh?) and believe it or not, the most high tech country (well, now-a-days that's Korea, isn't it?) isn't as computer savy as it first appears.

Welcome to the land of the facsimile!

Offline IronChicken

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
Masumix Status
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2004, 05:02:20 AM »
I mean everything. Heck, I can still keep it all in English and run specific programs using a foreign set up (eg: Running my copy of the Black Magic M66 tactical game using Japanese while still in the English environment.)

I can't expect the entire country to be on the cutting edge. From what I can see, everyone's got bits and pieces of the cutting edge and don't cover all the bases really.

I thought of another thing that can be done (which I also have done): If you can get another hard drive, remove the old one and do a reinstall of the OS. After doing so, make sure that drive is set to master via dip switches and then set your old drive to slave and hook it up. This should allow your new OS to access the old drive as just a data bank. You'll be able to pull file from it without a contaminated OS....  Assuming that's the problem anyway. Probably want to set up an antivirus and antispy/adware program with the new OS btw....

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2004, 09:09:28 AM »
New Drive: Will be the inevitable solution to my problem. I dont need to flip switches because I`m on a bios that can designate primary and secondary softly.

Antivirul and adware snuffers in place.

Dislpaying text in foreign languages is slight of hand; my complex goes deeping (looking at japanese recoded text is hilarious, all the call names are in english unless they call resident inc files or dlls and then they switch party way into japanese dialog...)
Old and Grumpy

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
Masumix Status
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2004, 02:55:22 PM »
Hey I got your email.  I guess you can post now.

The JJ only checked his email this morning.  He was working a full day and had the PC downloading Macross Zero Episode 5 the whole time at home.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2004, 11:57:33 PM »
sorry about that, I had a panic attack
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2004, 12:16:10 PM »
updates tomorrow .. too drunk, too tired, and too saturday :p
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2004, 09:56:49 AM »
updates and posts on teh morrow of today.. or somesuch.
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2004, 02:09:11 AM »
It looks like I`m spending another day smashing my head against an instable system...if I dont post... sorry, if I do..then ignore this.
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2004, 07:08:24 AM »
Yaya!! Last day of work tomorrow

*FREEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

ahem, yeah... sporatic posting until after the 2ns or 3rd, then back to our regularely schedualled program.
Old and Grumpy

Offline MasumiX

• Village Idiot
  • GM
  • Lt. General
  • Its personal
    • View Profile
    • Masumix, Land of
Masumix Status
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 09:58:36 PM »
Whelp, today is the big clean day before newyears and the gods come round to visit. However, if everything goes smoothly I`ll be able to update posting here; for all yous people that are waiting and whatnot.
Old and Grumpy