Author Topic: What's Up With Jet Jockey  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Some Time Off
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2011, 03:05:37 AM »
Everything.   Bouncing around all departments.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2011, 08:59:04 AM »
Goody.  Good experience.

... though, what is the industry?

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »
Secret, Covert, Government Assassination Stuff.  I'm under the Operations Department payroll.  I've said too much.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 08:36:26 PM »
Jet Jockey's Short & Exspensive Internet Crisis!

Comcast Sucks!    Many people already know that but here they claim to provided the fastest service wth all the thrills.  If only is was reliable.   Last few months my wireless connection been getting worst.   Last month I would lose my connection every 3 minutes.   Even since last Friday I've been wired to my modem.  It a pain to use a computer on a coffee table and sitting on the floor.   

Called Comcast.  Talked to them for a bit.   They suggest it could be my router and I should try using a wired connection from my computer to router for a day to see how it works and update my firmware.   I couldn't get a wired connection to work.  When to update my firmware.    Turns out Sisco decided to stop doing updates for it a few months ago.  Wanting confirmation I entered an online chat with a tech.  Person was so slow to reply.   My question was: It is true you are no longer providing updates for my router and does this mean I have to buy a new one?  They told me there could be a way to get my router to work with out a firmware update date.   They ask me a few question to get going and then come back and tell me, oh we are not gonna provide any help unless you pay us $30.   Guess they think my router was too old that they don't give shit about it.   I wasted 2 hours with them.

Told them looks like I will have to buy a new router then.   Can you guess who's router I won't be buying?    I'm done with sisco/linkys.  If you own a router from them I'm gonna come to your home and jam it up your ass.   Better to have a friend screw you with it then to have a stranger from custom support.   

Costed me $100 to buy a new non sisco router.     

Offline aythati

• Hero of the MRG
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
Try Belkin, I've had good experiences with their routers. Not sure about tech support tho, haven't  had to call them yet.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up With Jet Jockey
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 12:01:50 AM »
Just a update of what's going on.  My last temp job ended and I've been unemployed again.   I spend most of my time looking for a real job.  Sure I could have take any job but I'm not at that point of desperation yet.   Stuff is pretty depressing though.   In addition to my daily rountine of searching for work I decided to pursue a new hobby.

Film Making

I went to school in the first place with dreams of television & movies.   Took a real job after school.  Wrote here and there to have some creative outlet.  I was saving up for a big vacation before I just my regular job.   Going to use just a 1/4 of that money to seed a short film I planned to make.   Been recruiting a crew and meeting with them to discuss things. 

Besides fighting off boredom with a new creative outlet I'll have something answer that job interview question of what I've been doing with my time out of work.   

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 12:33:05 AM »
I haven't paid too much attention to the North American/US job situation over the past few years, but my impressions are that things haven't recovered after the Lehman Shock (term used here... forgetting what the English term was... Sub-Prime Mortgage Meltdown or something).

So, I can sympathize.  Especially as Japan has been undergoing a similar one-two-three punch (Lehman Shock, high yen, triple disaster).  My school has seen a general reduction in the total number of students (it'd be easy to blame it on the less than skilled abilities of the two other foreign teachers we had for two years, but it's more likely that families are reducing the amount of money they can spend on supplemental education for their children.  Case in point: impressions are that they are delaying the start until the elementary school age).  On top of that, Panasonic has truncated, combined or down-right closed production divisions (their HQ is literally a few blocks away from the school and we've had more than a handful of employees as students) and are starting to move production overseas (not a good sign for the future of Japan).

Anyhow, making your own films is good.  At the very least, you won't have a void on your resume (generally not a good thing).  At best, there's a possibility of making a career out of it with non-traditional income streams (you know, one of those viral videos that provides the publicity for you to make your own revenue generating website.)

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
Been busy during this month with casting.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »
What have I've been doing?

Well working on a short film and started a new very low paying job.