Author Topic: Doom's current whereabouts  (Read 745 times)

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
Doom's current whereabouts
« on: June 17, 2012, 07:07:23 PM »
In the process of solidifying things still with Sketchley for the new site.  Got sidetracked with a back injury at work and some travel for trying to get a different job.  Will have updates for everyone in about a week to two weeks.

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
Re: Doom's current whereabouts
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:44:08 AM »
So I was rejected for the job I was going for.  Fantastic.  Will be getting back into the groove here and getting us transitioned to the new forum in the coming weeks.  Sketchley and I have worked out most the details, so stay tuned for the new link.

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »
Just was laid off this week.  Not the greatest of times for me.  Server will stay up, but this means at the moment I cannot front the cash for our server move.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »
o.O;;;

Was the company in that dire of an economic situation?

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:10:18 AM »
They laid off 2% of their workforce, and they did it with 'no' warning.  I mean I saw the signs, which was why I've been looking for a new job for months, but this still was unexpected in terms of when it actually happened.  I am anxiously waiting to see if they repost my position as available for application, then just need to beat out my coworkers for getting rehired.  I honestly don't think the company will survive another 5 years though, and in fact wouldn't be surprised if they are grooming it to be sold off in the coming year.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:36:56 PM »
I hate jobs that do it... happened to me, too.  Always on payday (Friday), about 2 or 3 hours before the end of the work day.  Get called to the "front" office, bye bye time.

I sincerely hope that they gave you adequate severance pay.

Are there other, similar jobs in your current area of residence?  If not, are you willing to relocate?  [This brings up an interesting side note, as this story is in the news today: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/americans-moving-canada-record-numbers-report-161857845.html ]

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 12:57:36 AM »
The severance isn't great but its better than nothing, that's for sure.  I won't know until about the 1st if I got a new job or not with them.  Trying to completely shift departments.  As for relocation, we are stuck in our mortgage for another 3 years, which isn't too bad.  I am fairly confident I will find a job.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 12:49:38 PM »
I'm working again myself after getting laid off a year ago and doing occasional temp work since then.   I'm making 50% of what I did before and still qualify for unemployment.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"