Author Topic: The Dyson's Sphere (Dyson's Status)  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Cobalt

• Lt. Colonel
  • 100% Pure Awesome
    • View Profile
    • The KotOR Fan Media Forums
Re: Dyson's Sphere of hell...want some ice cream??? NO YOU CANT!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:11 PM »
Sorry to hear it, Dyson.  Good luck, buddy.  I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: Dyson's Sphere of hell...want some ice cream??? NO YOU CANT!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 11:32:43 PM »
Good luck, and I sincerely hope that the insurance companies get their heads out of their collective asses, and grow up and face their responsibilities like they promised their clients they would.

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
  • Luck is one of my skills!
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8926537&Mytoken=20
The Dyson's Sphere (Dyson's Status)
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers.

Well, I just decided to swing by and see how things were. Everything has been going pretty smooth since January, little bit of bumps here and there (including me having a severe allergic reaction to taking Claritin-D...NEVER AGAIN, I swear to God...I even advised people if they have side effects to GET OFF OF IT ASAP!!!). Everything went fine but even after insurance covered most of the surgery, parents will still have to pay over $5,000 for it. He could'nt stop smoking but went off of the smokes for less than two weeks even with the patch. I talked to a buddy of mine he has been trying to quit and we talked about certain habits we have and set routines, like driving for instance. My father does a good bit of it, and he smokes a lot when he does, so I'm sure the itch was bad. He did have almost complete blockage in both legs though prior to the surgery.

I'm not sure if I want to get back to RPGing any time soon. I hate to say that I've given it up though. Everyone has their ups and downs when it comes to things they're into and I'm just not into Macross at the moment (infact, it's been awhile since I watched any anime). I'm back but just not going to be in any games anytime soon, but rest assured I will let you guys know :)

I'm also going to change the subject line to The Dyson's Sphere, lol...tad bit on the dramatic side, heheh.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:58:41 PM by Dyson »
If mice could swim they would float with the tide and play with the fish; Down by the seaside, the cats on the shore would quickly agree.

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8926537&Mytoken=20
Re: The Dyson's Sphere (Dyson's Status)
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 11:15:13 PM »
Well, my custom built Dell PC that isn't even 9months old crapped out suddenly. All of the diagnostic tests available on the PC through the setup and repair options at startup have confirmed disc failures. I'm a bit worn out getting my 2yr old Gateway updated and going (with internet updates via dialup mind you), plus I plan on upgrading it from Vista to Win7. I did leave out what happened the last few weeks, close to around a month is that someone has charged the shit out of the credit card I use for online purchasing (I mainly use Amazon). My mother has been kind enough to allow me to use her card the last couple of years and is now VERY sceptical and hesitant in any more online purchases because DISCOVER hasnt found out who ran the $1,400 bill up (theyre investigating so to speak). I need a new external hard drive to back up my Gateway now...it's always something, lol.
If mice could swim they would float with the tide and play with the fish; Down by the seaside, the cats on the shore would quickly agree.

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 04:41:19 AM »
Happy New Year everyone!

I havent been on here in a good long while and thought I'd say hello. The layout of the board has changed!!! Been reading the archives the last few hours and reminescing over the good old days I had. I'm not sure if I'm going to be RPGing any time soon though. I see Cobalt's game is still going though which is good to see. I still havent gotten my Dell PC fixed and my Gateway is on the verge of dying (especially last Sunday...when I was about to do my monthly backups and it finally decided to come on and start working!).

Been a pretty crappy year so hopefully 2012 will be much better! I plan on getting my instructor certification done in the martial art I study, Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan and go through handgun and rifle courses at CSAT (Combat Shooting and Tactics) in Nacogdoches, Tx from Paul Howe (former Special Operations Delta operator and Delta team leader who was in The Battle of Mogadishu) so I plan to make this year mine...and get my Dell fixed, finally, LOL.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:24:53 AM by Dyson »

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 04:08:45 AM »
Was just browsing the board. Been sort of interested in getting back into RPGing, randomly bought a few Palladium books on Amazon (Dead Reign, Rifts Conversion book one, Compendium of Contemporary Weapons) and waiting for them to come in. I've also been really enjoying anime the last three months along with dealing with a respitory infection, allergies (including one dealing with food, which sucked) and recovering from a hernia operation (been off for four weeks already, two more to go). I've mainly been hung up on Full Metal Panic!...watched all three seasons of it four times...read some of the manga and the light novels...lol and I just ordered a english printed information book...soooo yeahhhh. I'm also getting my Dell PC fixed Saturday...finally, it's going to happen. My assumption was correct that the HD crashed but I had to spend over an hour on the phone with the Dell technician and run system diagnostics to confirm it with them. Anyway, my Gateway is on borrowed time I'm afraid. One thing I'm happy I have is a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex portable HD...has software on it that automatically backs up files as you save them on your PC, so no worries about losing files. I highly recommend it, still can go in there and find files and you have the option of doing a restore too.

Anyway, I'll be back to RP soon. I'll keep you all posted.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 11:39:34 AM »
How much are the Seagate people paying you for this spam ad.   Don't believe their lies about allowing you to live on the Seaquest submarine.  It's all a sham!
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
Seaquest?  That was a groovy show.  Well, the first season, at least.  Go Roy Schnider, go!

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
They didn't have to pay me one cent, lol. Wait...it's a sham!? nooooooooo

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 04:02:51 PM »
forget what I said about those portable HD's with the backup software...they suck, fortunetly I had original backups that I just copied and pasted files. What pissed me off was that you install the program but it only recognizes the computer you did the backup from (example: I backed up a file that the program recognizes on one computer but not the other when I wanted to do a restore to install the backup on the other PC...makes weird file duplicates, so you can't just copy and paste everything over without strangeness).

Also worth mentioning, IMO, is that I now have a complete collection of the Robotech Palladium books...the only one I don't have in the Macross II series books is Source Book One. One other book I got was Rifts Conversion Book One, that also works in the Robotech universe, which is pretty cool if you ever wanted to work in a phantasy game on the disappearance of the Megaroad crew in a seperate universe or something.

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 02:57:49 AM »
Ordered a couple of RPG books that I wanted to try out...Heavy Gear and GURPS Tactical Shooting. I ran across the HG and GURPS name when I was backing up pages, games I'd intended to check out YEARS ago but forgot. GURPS also has a highly rated horror RPG book that I want to check out but I really need to find a core rule book if I want to get into that game. I remember the Dark Macross game held here that I never got a chance to take part in...have some GREAT ideas for mature games.