Author Topic: Archive: VIFA-3 Black Wraiths Chapter 3: The Original  (Read 8006 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Archive: VIFA-3 Black Wraiths Chapter 3: The Original
« on: August 27, 2006, 11:47:38 PM »
Tuesday, March 29th, 2050

Sheik Yer-bootii, from a concealed place, contacts the Sultan, who looks significantly aged.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:17:23 PM by Cerebellum von Doom »

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
Re: VIFA-3 Black Wraiths Chapter 3: The Original
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 08:47:32 AM »
Zed notes the change in the squad and sighs.  Its not that he cares excessively about command, but the others had become a part of his responsibility.  He already had to relive the Archers once, and now it was time to step out of the past and into the future..."Excuse me Commander!" Zed says as everyone is leaving.  "Might I have a word alone with you?  Its about, well, about my unique history."

OOC:  I'll post the actual activities shortly.  I just wanted the opportunity to clarify Zed's access to a civil life now that he's lived his first new day in 3 years.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 09:18:17 AM »
OOC: ok?I

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 09:49:47 AM »
A smile starts to break across Zed's face at the commander's words of reduced restriction.  Even the more dour notes in his voice can't break the smile that forms.  "Commander," Zed whispers, "I can't thank you enough....  You have my word that I will act as an officer in my position should."  Snapping to attention, Zed salutes Commander Yoshimoto smartly and quickly moves to get his gear ready.  Nothing in the Universe could break his mood now.  Not even going to a lawless and hostile city outside of UN controlled space.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 09:55:22 AM »
Yoshimoto grunts in response, as he mirrors Cassel's salute.

Yoshimoto leaves the room with Alfreido, Bones, and Q.  General Lisle wheels 1st Lt. Moss out of the door.  It's not so much a gesture, but more to gain a chance to talk with her in private, away from the others.  They both wear serious faces, and Moss risks a worried glance back at the 4 members of the Black Wraiths.  "Good luck," she moves in their directions.  "You're going to need it."

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 05:29:18 PM »
How she could have been promoted was beyond her. Was it because she had lost a leg in service? Well she wasn't the only one to have endured injuries. Was it a PR ploy to have a high ranking Zolan? Not very likely given their black-ops status. These where the things Mjuiri had to mull over together with comming up with an initial plan for her next mission which would take her to 'Nam. It was difficult for her to concentrate solely on the mission since command had decided she and Cpt. Cassel would conduct the mission and she felt rather awkward about the whole situation of suddenly outranking him.

Since time until there departure where short Mjuiri had been forced to arrange a meeting with Cpt.Cassel as soon as where possible to make up a preliminary plan for their mission. Meeting up with Cassel she was met with a rather happy-looking Cassel; his eyes appearing brighter and more alive then before as if a weight of some kind had been lifted from his shoulders. Was commanding this unit that heavy a burden? It was a worrying thought.

"Greetings Captain. Had time to catch you breath?" It was more of a joke then a real question since there wasn't really likely anyone could relax after a briefing like their last one when being given so little time to prepare for relocation to a new ship and a new mission.

Having covered the greetings Mjuiri went straight to discussing their mission beginning by giving an explanation of what she had in mind. "Given the nature of 'Nam I doubt showing off our affiliation with the UN will make our task any easier, probably quite the opposite, I intend for us to keep a low profile. We will have to make sure we bring some other currency then standard credits. I would guess small gold bars or something like that. We will have to check with the rest of the UNI about that I guess. There ought to be both information about it and suitable resources."

"I was thinking of making Barton's cargo our first stop on Nam. Find it and checking if he have anyone employed that match our description shouldn't be too difficult. If my memory haven't been messed up by recent events I think Barton's cargo is a quite large company. Bet we only have to ask. I think the company is supposed to be legit so if they get difficult we might get something out of them by showing we are UN. If it would have to come to that It would be better if only one of us met with them directly."

"Tracking the Sheik may require a bit more work so we will get to this once we have visited Barton. All I hope to find at Barton is a first hint at how much work we may have to do to find that look-alike. We can't let the Sheiks trail go cold. So after our first meeting with Barton I intend to check the Shuttle rental firms. Hopefully that will turn up something. If not we might have to get creative and try to draw the attention of someone who would know."

Finally having finished explanation turned mini-briefing Mjuiri let out a sigh and looked at Zed, trying to judge his reaction. "Any comments? I'm not exactly confident playing investigator, so any input you can give is greatly appreciated." She finished making a little grimace at the word investigator.

Offline ColdFire

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 12:50:53 AM »
Quinn is still wondering what happened back when Levi went out of it.  Maybe someday the guy will wake up and explain it to him.  But right now there is work to do.  He turns to Shan.  "Well, we'd better get moving.  I'm sure we will have plenty of time to talk about tactics once we are on the ship.  Right now let's get our stuff together and get on board.  Unless you have any objections?"  He says. 

Barring any objections Quinn heads out to gather his gear and make preparations.  Which doesn't take long because his gear was already together with the exception of a few daily use items. 

Offline Paladin

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 10:01:09 PM »
"No objections here." Shan replies, then tilts his head slightly to indicate that they should move. "Except complain that the military always gives us more time when we don't require it, and less when we do."

As they pass Mjuiri and Cassel, Shan stops briefly. "Congratulations and good luck with your mission." He then grins and salutes Mjuiri, before moving off again.

Shan spends whatever time he has to gather up his equipment, packing them quickly due to the lack of time. The events of the meeting, particularly his promotion keeps running through his mind as he does so, resulting in him wearing a silly grin as he packs his stuff.

Before long, Shan is heading over to the ship that will carry him to Eskar III.
It's a Conspiracy! The Government controls the weather!

Money speaks! Mine says 'Goodbye'.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 12:04:41 AM »
OCC:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:10:20 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Paladin

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 05:50:59 AM »
OOC:wow.... just a few posts since we 're-started', and already we have people trying to shoot our butts our of the sky. High octance action indeed, ne? LOL. :D BTW, just noticed something.... 'Sheik Yer-bootii' = 'shake your booty'? lol..... damn, i'm slow.... :P

BIC:
Locking on to the approaching missiles, Shan sent a quick message, "Shuttles, continue towards the rendezvous. Quinn, i'm intercepting, you stay with the shuttles and take care of any that get past me." Tilting the HOTAS, Shan moved to intercept. Using the afterburners to give added momentum to the missiles, he fired three micro-missiles at the (first) anti-ship missile, then quickly jerked upwards and away from it. As the missiles headed for a collision with each other, Shan quickly activates his PPB behind his fighter to shield himself from any stray blast effects that might reach that far.

If the missile is destroyed, Shan repeats the MM volley on the 2nd missile.

Once both missiles are destroyed, Shan quickly dives and afterburns towards the Unleased. Using the forward momentum from his VF to increase the speed and range of the MMs, Shan fires 2 clusters of 8 towards the ship, to keep it occupied for a short while,
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 11:01:11 AM by Paladin »
It's a Conspiracy! The Government controls the weather!

Money speaks! Mine says 'Goodbye'.

Offline ColdFire

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 11:35:09 PM »
So far the mission is going according to plan.  Then the large destroyer comes into view and starts firing.  "All other threats are far enough away.  I'm coming too.  You handle the missiles, I'll do something about the destroyer.  And don't get too close, you don't know what kind of warhead they are carrying."  Quinn shoots back.  Switching channels to the shuttles, he comms.  "Keep on course and stay evasive, and warn us if you need help."  Leaving the shuttles was an acceptable risk to Quinn.  The destroyer was the biggest threat, and Shan would need the help to disable it.

Throwing it to full thrust, he zigs and zags toward the untamed destroyer until he gets within micro-missile range.  Arming the new spiritia buster missiles, he aims at the bridge and fires off a pair.  He goes evasive until he can see the damage.  With any luck, the missiles would have disabled the entire bridge crew leaving the ship out of the action for long enough for them to make good on their escape.  If not, well, something more conventional would have to work. 

If the ship doesn't slow down, Quinn will loop around to the rear and unleash a big volley of MMs on the engines.  If at any time the shuttles come under attack, he breaks off engagement with the destroyer and flies flat out to their aid. 

ACTIONS:
1. Comm to shan
2. Comm to shuttles
3. full burn to unleashed
4. 2 spiritia buster MM's at bridge of unleashed
5. dodge
6. dodge
If destroyer is still advancing and attacking
7. circle around to the engines
8. (missile circus, I love it) 21 MM at primary engine 1
9. 21 MM at primary engine 2
if engines not destroyed
10-16. volleys of 4 MM at engines until destroyed or ship breaks off attack, at which point Quinn will return to the shuttes.

Note:  If the shuttles call for help, immediately break off attack and come to their aid, using either long bursts from gunpod if mecha, or volleys of 4 MM's, if something bigger.

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 05:26:59 PM »
Having sorted out the hustles associated with landing and having made sure to pay for their stay etc. Mjuiri waved for Cpt. Cassel to follow her out from the landingbay areas and out into 'Nam itself.

'Nam was different. Especially so for someone who hadn't been away from military life for a long time and in certain ways Mjuiri could find 'Nam, with its flowing way of life, a relaxing and appreciated experience. "Quite a change from the UN, no?" She commented smiling to Cassel.

First up on their list was Barton's Cargo and as Mjuiri had expected the actual effort of moving from their present location to Barton's Cargo, was far greater then the effort required to find the place. Their investigation seemed to be going well and after learned of the possible Sultan-clone's transfer the two UN-pilots proceeded with checking the rental firms for any trace of the Sheik.

The second part of their investigation gave them considerably more trouble and after the 8th or so rental firm visited Mjuiri where starting to regret not bringing extra personell from the Oh-mu. Getting more and more irritated for every firm they visited that turned up nothing Mjuiri was about to call it quits as they hit rental firm number 11. Much to her surprise though the cramped and dirty rental firm proved to have been Sheik Yer-Booti's firm-of-choice for his shuttle needs. Luckily for them the firm obviously didn't pay their clerk very well.

With Company records in hand Mjuiri found herself outside the small rental firm looking at her watch. She let out a sigh. After all that boring work with visiting rental firms, returning to a stealth carrier and head straight for the next mission didn't sound all that appealing to her. I haven't had a day away from the UNS for a long time... I wonder... She did a quick check of their financial situation. This should be enough.... Noticing Cpt.Cassel looking at her she looked back at him with a mischievous smile. "Well Mr.Cassel. I think this evidence suggests there are more to be found here on Nam. Judging from the look of this place the best places for us to continue our 'investigation' would probably be someplace shady... a shady bar... or a nightclub." She paused to study Cpt.Cassel and see if he was catching on. "I reccon we won't be finished with our investigations until very very late. So we better make arrangements to prolong our docking and find a place to spend the night." Not wasting any time or giving Cpt.Cassel much in the way of chances to protest Mjuiri headed off in the direction of the landing bay area to make arrangements for a slightly longer stay.

At the time of their next 3-hour check in report Mjuiri reported that they where on to something but would be required to spend the 'night' aboard 'Nam.

With all obstacles (A place to stay, payed docking fees and not-entirely-true rapport to the Oh-Mu etc) cleared the two UN-pilots where free to indulge in their investigation of the local nightlife on 'Nam, and Mjuiri made sure to 'blend in' properly with the local populace by becoming just as drunk or as high (by products from the local fields) as said local populace.

Returning to the Oh-Mu late the next day when they had had the time to sober up Mjuiri reported that they had finally found some trace of the Sheik and had managed to buy records, indicating the Sheik owned a Chemical factory on El Dante, from a small rental firm and that is where she wanted the Oh-Mu to go next. The UNI would have to do as they deemed fit with the information the two Black Wraiths pilots had brought regarding the possible sultan clone's whereabouts.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 11:18:44 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 11:21:40 PM by Sketchley »

Offline ColdFire

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 12:27:49 AM »
The best word to describe Quinn's mood when questioning the survivors was 'grumpy'.  He was kicking himself for allowing the other shuttle to get fried, though under the circumstances it was good that they came out so well.  But that wasn't going to stop him from thinking he could have done better.

The news was interesting to say the least.  Follow the mercenary on a long mission, or go and try to find a clone on a planet closer by.  "I think we should go after this 'Purple Bubble.'  This may be our only chance to follow her, and I don't think we should miss out on it."  He tells the captain.  "Could we catch her before she hits the Zentraedi Control Zone?"

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 10:06:31 AM »
The sights, sounds, and smells, yes definitely the smells, of Nam were almost too much for a man who had not been outside the military in 8 years (includes training in beginhill), so when Major Kavryn asked him, "Quite a change from the UN, no?" Zed just stared at her as if she had a rhinoceros horn for a nose.  She has very pretty eyes.  Why hadn't I noticed that?  The moment of realization was fleeting as they had work to do, and Zed's own awkward nature towards women in general would not do in such a dangerous environment.  As requested he kept the questions and talk to a minimum, and only had to look menacingly at a couple of street thugs once during their walks between rental yards.  Overall it was a haze to him, his thoughts focused on the job at hand, like they always were.

And then...I can call home again, I can have a life! "...more to be found here on Nam. Judging from the look of this place the best places for us to continue our 'investigation' would probably be someplace shady... a shady bar... or a nightclub."  Though he wasn't really paying attention at the moment, his Major Kavryn must have thought he was and taken his growing smile as acceptance for a chance to relax.  "I reccon we won't be finished with our investigations until very very late. So we better make arrangements to prolong our docking and find a place to spend the night."  Now fully listening, Zed followed her back to the landing bay, still thinking that they were on the job.  That is until she bought some pills and downed them right in front of him.  "Major!"  The look of delight on her impish face was too much for Zed, and he just stood there in his uniform, jaw slightly open, shock evident on his face.  At least, until comprehension kicked in of their conversation before.  "So...what are we investigating the nightclubs for?"

ooc: Mr. F, you and I need to continue this, so Sketchley, please give us until Wed before updating our section?