Author Topic: Archive: VIFA-3 Black Wraiths Chapter 4: M&M  (Read 12182 times)

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
Re: VIFA-3 Black Wraiths Chapter 4: M&M
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 02:26:30 AM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:30:25 AM by Halley »
"You know you got a Good Variable Fighter when you have so much weapons that you don't have enought fingers to press all the triggers in same time!"

- A Test Pilot on New Edwards Base

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »
Taking a cue from Quinn, Zed pulls out his ID and says, "I'm Captain Cassel, the one that made the call.  We need to get to the nearest military base right away.  We wanna help the planetary defense against these forces, and it looks like they need it."  Zed hesitates a moment.  "I also need any information you can provide me on a man named Rong.  Our commanding officer is missing and we suspect he has something to do with it."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 04:46:07 AM »
Midday, April, 2050 - Surface of New Patagonia

Factory District

"UN Intelligence, we need your squad car."

One of the two police officers holds up both hands in front of him, visualizing his accompanying,

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 12:11:51 PM »

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 06:21:24 PM »
"Alright, we need their cooperation because we have no idea where the civil defense base is.  Just hang tight, and we might gain a bit of trust."  Zed sighed in frustration and turned his eyes to the sky, watching for any sign that any invading forces may be heading their way.    I don't have time for this.  Mjuiri could be hurt somewhere and I have no idea.  Damn, that accident looks kind've bad.

Zed ran over to the accident, coming up to the first officer that had addressed them.  "How can I help?  I'm first aid trained and can dress some basic wounds...I've seen some bad wounds..."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2007, 05:55:51 AM »
Update 1 of 3.

Midday, April, 2050 - Surface of New Patagonia

Factory District

There are no more sounds from the sky, and no more thunder to be heard in the distance.  Cassel helps the two police officers, as the other two Black Wraiths pilots hang back near the police car, eying it with wanting eyes.  The fronts of the two crashed trucks are mauled, but both drivers managed to walk away from the crash with little more than a few cuts, bumps and bruises.

While helping the drivers, the dispatcher calls the officers and tells them to report to a nearby area of the city as soon as the ambulance arrives.  The ambulance arrives, and the officers grudgingly let the three pilots into the back, to take them to help give first aid.

The area they travel to turns out to be the same place as the hotel they stayed in the night before.  The hotel is vaporized, and much of the surrounding block is shattered.  There are numerous emergency crews already trying to find survivors in the rubble, and the three pilots are immediately put to work to assist.

McKenzie King

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2007, 07:00:58 AM »
Update 2 of 3.

Orbit of New Patagonia

The next morning, the Asahi Red defolds in orbit, along with a pair of UN ships which have been dispatched to render aid to Meena and New Patagonia.  Having the ships arrive in a group is also a rouse to keep any spies off balance while the Black Wraiths transfer to the Asahai Red.  Once aboard, the ship makes another space fold to an unknown location in deep space.

Deep Space

Everyone barely has enough time to get settled into their new quarters, before receiving summoning to a mission briefing.  The quarters they have been assigned seem spacious in comparison to the small ones on their former ship, the Oh-Mu.  For Dempsey, the new quarters feel cramped compared to the spacious barracks room he was assigned to on LV-426.

At the head of the briefing room is Lt. Colonel J.H. Kim, sporting an eye patch over her left eye.  1st Lt. T

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2007, 07:27:11 AM »
Update 3 of 3.

Secret Meltraendi Mercenary Base

The pilots perform pre-flight inspections, and are amazed that a quartet of VF-1 in such pristine condition could have been rounded up in such a short period of time.  The head mechanic yells at them,
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:31:06 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 02:11:55 AM »
Alone in the dark silence of his cocpit, Vick Whristle the beguining of the Imperial march as he saw the situation.

"Looks like Dark Vader is back... Shit, i don't wanna be in the place of these in VF-1..."

The singer verify his Active Stealth System once again and prepare the flare to be lunch, just in case.

"First mission, and all I could say to my new Squadmate is "hi"... So much for the squadron's get toghether thing... Gee, i hope they come back from that..."

Looking at them going as stealth as possible, Vick is feeling a little sad for them.

"At least i can Sing for them...

I can
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:56:15 AM by Halley »
"You know you got a Good Variable Fighter when you have so much weapons that you don't have enought fingers to press all the triggers in same time!"

- A Test Pilot on New Edwards Base

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
OOC: Short on time, so you will have to forgive me if I only post for the present at the moment. Also I'm afraid I have little input to give on the current situation, so please forgive the short post.

BIC:
The defolding varuta ship and its company sure made her heart race a bit, but if they kept their cool it could even work to their advantage. Chances where the Meltrans would keep most of their attention on their visitors and perhaps that would give the wraiths enough of a distraction to find themselves a service airlock of some sort which they could use to infiltrate the ship.

Not compromising their position with any sort of communication Mjuiri gently guided her VF towards where she thought (or have been briefed) there would be service access to the ship, trusting her squadmates to follow silently and obediently unless they had something really really important to say.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »
Evening, April 3rd, 2050

Secret Meltraendi Mercenary Base

The two Varuta fighters break formation as the SSSP shuttle, the Pomme begins a landing approach to a rear bay.  The two fighters turn and head directly back towards the Varuta Vanguard Frigate.  The Vanguard Frigate

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 06:11:28 PM »
Zed nods to Quinn.  "I just need to get cleaned up a bit.  See if I can get me a new dress uniform."  He hesitates just a moment, staring at Kavryn.  "Mjuiri, do you mind if I speak to you alone a moment?"  Zed waited, ignoring the looks the others gave him.  "Walk with me for a bit."  He breathed in deep, exhaling slowly to build the courage he needed to speak.  "I have some things I really need to tell you, some of which are more or less classified, and some of which are just spoken in confidence."  Zed kept a slow pace, occasionally looking over his shoulder to make sure no one would be able to overhear them.  "I don't know how much you know or remember about the time fold we went through.  Well, that's not the first time fold I've been through.  I'm 29 years old, yet I was born 2026.  8 days ago, in my first command assignment out of the academy, my squadron the Archers were ambushed and decimated.  In the aftermath of the battle I managed to try and track the forces we were sent to engage.  Somehow during the fold I was bucked off the enemy ship and fell out of fold space to find myself 5 years into the past.  I immediately turned myself and my Excalibur in to the UNS and UNI, and faced months of interrogation before I was released back into service with orders to not reveal anything I know about the future.  From there my service record is sealed and mostly unremarkable, at least until I entered black ops.  That leads us up to just before I entered the Black Wraiths."

Both Mjuiri and Zed find themselves in a corridor with a window overlooking the canyons and causeways of LV-426.  He stopped, turning towards the sunset and staring across the landscape.  "The events really aren't so much what's important, and there're a lot of things I can't tell you still.  What is important is that those things made me shut myself down on the inside.  I haven't let myself get close to anyone in years.  Every little thing I've done I've had to weigh the dangers of ruining reality with my actions.  As far as I know I'm finally in the clear, but there's still that fear."

"Even before that, though, I dedicated my life to doing what is best for others, never for myself.  I've few friends at all, only colleagues,  I'm a soldier at heart, and I will probably always be a soldier.  The thing is, Mjuiri, I think I'm falling in love with you.  For the first time in my life there is something I want and I'm not going to let it just slip away.  When I thought I'd never see you again I went crazy.  I'm still a bit crazy.  Crazy about you.  You tried to show me something more than myself on Nam and I stupidly ignored it.  I want you to give me a chance to show you how much I care.  Let me take you to dinner tonight.  We can catch up with the others for a drink afterwards, but I'd like to have dinner with you."

Please let her say yes.  My dream couldn't have been wrong.  I can't end up alone.   Zed hoped his anxiety didn't show in his face.  He didn't want to appear weak to Mjuiri.  As he waited with baited breath, the images of his unconscious fears swam before him, his stomach turning in knots.

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
"Sounds like an excellent idea." Mjuiri commented to Quinn's suggestion. "You'll have to tell us about yourself Dempsey... and explain how you got so familiar with the bars around here." She added looking at Dempsey curiously, hinting that she suspected there was an interesting story behind his familiarity with the local bars.

"Mjuiri, do you mind if I speak to you alone a moment?"
She turned to look at Zed, her head tilted to the side in a thoughtful expression. "Sure." Turning back at the rest of their squad she pointed at Dempsey. "You owe me a story. See you guys later." With a quick wave goodbye, she turned around to look at Zed curious as to what he had to say.

"Walk with me for a bit."
Walking silently beside Zed, waiting for him to speak, Mjuiri noted he was nervous. When he finally began to speak Mjuiri listened carefully. How could she not when he mentioned both classified information as well as things spoken in confidence? Geez, I'm not good with confidence parts.. For a split second she thought of interrupting him and advicing him not to say anything else, but curiosity and a sense of obligation of sorts kept her from saying anything and Zed continued his explanation.

"I don't know how much you know or remember about the time fold <...> That leads us up to just before I entered the Black Wraiths."
"Y..you can't be serious" Mjuiri stared at him in disbelief. From what she could tell though Zed was dead serious. "You are serious..." She mumbled watching Zed turn toward the window and stare out over the surface of LV-426. Had Zed mentioned this before she had experienced a time-fold herself she would have never believed him, but now she could. She joined him by the window, staring out over the planet that had changed so much. LV-426 held a lot of bad memories for her and fearing they would distract her she turned her back to the window and leaned against it, focusing on Zed as he continued his story.

"The events really aren't so much what's important <...> but I'd like to have dinner with you."
By the time Zed fell silent Mjuiri's mind was a torrent of thoughts rushing past so fast she could barely make them out. She was at a complete loss of words. Nam was different. Nam was a pressure release. Nam was life! "Zed... I.. Nam." She didn't make much sense. So many things rushed through her head she couldn't possible make sense of them. She took a deep breath. "Nam was a rare opportunity Zed. In Nam we where just people. Not Major Kavryn and Captain Cassel. Since Nam thing have... things are different." She fell silent for a moment. An annoying little voice in her head pointed straight at the problem. Make up your mind... "I can... I would love to have dinner with you Zed. But its just a dinner for now ok? I don't know yet... Its just a dinner, ok?" Very decisive... The voice commented dryly.

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007, 10:21:37 PM »
"Nam was a rare opportunity Zed. In Nam we where just people. Not Major Kavryn and Captain Cassel. Since Nam thing have... things are different."  Zed's heart began to implode, sinking into a dark black hole...I, no, not another mistake.  the fates are playing with me.

"I can... I would love to have dinner with you Zed. But its just a dinner for now ok? I don't know yet... Its just a dinner, ok?" And with that time seemed to slow, and then come to a stop.  "Of course, Major," Zed said stiffly, and then softly, almost a whisper, "Mjuiri."  One last chance...but don't over do it.  Zed grasps Mjuiri's hand and brings it to his lips.  "Thank you."  Softly he lowered her hand.  "I'm going to go and get ready like I said.  I'll meet you in twenty?"

After they parted Zed mindlessly and quickly went about his errands, giving himself just enough time to wash his face and put on a set of civvies he'd left at his bunk on LV-426 before they'd boarded the Oh-Mu.  Finally he found himself waiting outside of Mjuiri's quarters, his stomach in knots and his heart filled with only the slightest hope.  Maybe I should just tell her to forget what I said, to transfer me to a new assignment.  I blew it.  That look on her face.  I was wrong.  Nothing more than a play thing for her drug induced haze.  There was no flirting before that.  No connection.  Christ, she's a Zolan and I'm a human.  It wasn't meant to be.  It just wasn't...  Zed's thoughts trailed off when Mjuiri's door opened and she walked through.  Zed's heart ached inside.  Such beauty and life...why can't it be mine?

"Ready Maj, Mju, um, are you ready for dinner?  I called the guys and told them we'd meet them after we grabbed a bite to eat."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »
OCC: getting the ball moving for the others

BIC:  Quinn prods the other two along, heading towards the drinking establishments in Paris.  "What's up with that Rong punk, on New Patagonia?" he says, directing his question towards Shan.

"And while we're at it, what's your story Dempsey?"