Author Topic: Archive: VIFA-3 Black Wraiths Mission 8: It ain't over until the Zolan lady sing  (Read 21966 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: VIFA-3 Black Wraiths Mission 8: It ain't over until the Zolan lady sings
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2008, 12:10:53 PM »
A week or so later, after the celebrations – which at numerous times took over the entire colony – died down, and the debriefings and interviews were concluded, the VIFA-3 Black Wraiths are assembled one final time.

Commander Yoshimoto smiles and nods at each of them.  “You've given a great service.  Sadly, as this squad never existed, and the events of the past few months never happened, you'll have to refrain from telling your future comrades and friends about them.”

Yoshimoto nervously shuffles through a couple of datapads, before reading from the top one.

“1st Lt. Black, you've been promoted to Captain Black.  You're request to become a colony reserve force training officer has been approved.  You've also been granted a full scholarship for evening classes in a vetrinary school.  You ship out to Nede, in Sector 5, in 3 days time.”

Yoshimoto turns to Kavryn next.  “Major Kavryn, both your requests to return to Zola for patrol duty and go to the rim on an exploration mission have been approved.  Though, you will have to choose which one...”

Yoshimoto looks at Cassel.  “Congratulations Major Cassel,” he says, indicating a promotion indirectly.  “Your request for an extended leave to be with... family and loved ones,” Yoshimoto's eyes briefly glance at Kavryn, “has been approved.”

Yoshimoto looks briefly embarrassed.  He quickly turns to Levi.  “You're request for a scholarship to finish your masters at Macross University, on Earth, has been approved.  See you at graduation.”  The two share a nod.

Yoshimoto turns to Dempsey.  “Captain Dempsey,” he says, also indirectly indicating a promotion, “as you know, this squad is being disbanded, thus your request to stay in this squad has been denied.  However, there are other anti-spiritia warfare squads being formed and operating out of Koya Marine Base.  I've heard that there is at least one looking for a squadron leader.  If you're interested, that is...”

Commander Yoshimoto looks at each of the pilots with sadness in his eyes.  He then silently and slowly removes their Black Wraiths unit badges.  “Good luck in your futures.”  He gives them all a salute, twirls on one heel and leaves.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: VIFA-3 Black Wraiths Mission 8: It ain't over until the Zolan lady sings
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »
A day later, they are all at the space port saying good bye to Levi.  “Again, sorry that I have to leave in a rush.  The semester starts in a couple of weeks... but I really, really need to seek advice.  Ever since that spiritia entity left me... my spiritia senses have disappeared.  I have to try and get them back... and the only person that I know who can help is... the Master... the 'Samurai' on Neo-Edo.

Again... sorry.  It's been fun.  See you all around, somewhere.”  Levi dashes off and is the last person onto the Stellar Whale transport.  It launches, rockets to orbit, and folds away.

A news broadcast can be faintly heard in the background.  It looks like the PM's hard line stance on the SIS is precipitating a war between the UN and the SIS...

The End

Thank you to all the players, past and present.  It's been fun, exciting, and challenging to GM and play this game.  Everyone has given me some great ideas to play off of over the years.  You guys made the game as much, if not more so, than I did.

Special thanks to Jester (M15 background campaign and host), Jet Jockey (extended background stimulus), and MasumiX (invaluable advice, lending your imagination, and some great bouncing of ideas that resulted in entire arcs for this game.)