Author Topic: Lynn Minmay Operation (Pilot Episode)  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
Lynn Minmay Operation (Pilot Episode)
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:53:28 PM »
LYNN MINMAY OPERATION

FADE IN:

MINMAY
   Toki ga nagareru Ai ga nagareru Watashi no
   mae o kanashii kao shite Anata wa kitto
   ikusa ni yuku no ne
   Otokotachi wa minna tsukareta yoo ni
   Kuchimoto hikishime hitomi o moyashi
   Ashinami o soroete
   Watashi wa kitto okisarareru wa Ikusa no
   tame ni Hokori no tame ni Toki wa nagareru
   Ai wa nagareru Kuchihateru watashi wa...
   Toki ga nagareru Ai ga nagareru Anata no
   mae o munashii kao shite
   Watashi wa zutto ikusa o nikumu wa
   Onnatachi wa minna tachinaotte yuku wa Ha o
   kuishibari sesuji o nobashite Kodomora no
   tame ni
   Anata wa kitto kaette kuru wa Ikusa o
   yamete Ikiru tame ni
   Toki wa nagareru Ai wa nagareru Kuchihateru
   mae ni wa...

EXT. EARTH'S ORBIT - SEPTEMBER THE 11TH 2010 - 1059 MTS

The peace treaty between the Macross and the Boddole Main Fleet is short lived as Gorg Boddole Zer begins to attack Meltrandi, Humans and Zentradi alike.  Four VF-1 Valkyries with the new FAST PACK option code named "Booby Duck" take position over the already ravaged planet.  Two of them have already been lost.  Others are currently rearming.  Fighter numbers 007, 009, 010 & 013 from SVF-232 Red Devil Squadron stand against a combined Zentradi force of over forty pods.  A few Warships are with in range as well.

MISA HAYASE
    Gun sight One to Red Devils.  Battle pods
   are headed your way.  My channel will now
   be exclusive used for direct communications
   with Skull Leader.  Good luck Red Devils.

OOC:
  • Everyone in the Pilot Episode has 2 Actions.
  • Generic Pilot Stats & Mecha Stats can found in the PDF Campaign Guide (Posting it with in the hour).
  • Map thread Shows the Current Map of the Battle.   If you fly off of the map you may spend X rounds to return to it.
  • Current Character & Squadron Stat thread show the "health" and ammo count of your Mecha
  • Use this dice roller http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/

There are 4 Thuverl Salan Zentradi Battle Ships outside of the map.  At any time of the battle they may be attacked with your Reaction/RMS-1 Missiles.  Per each ship destroyed the enemy mecha force will be reduced by 1D10.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 06:26:32 PM by Jet Jockey »
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
    • Rogue-Z (yes, it's a stupid blog)
Re: Lynn Minmay Operation (Pilot Episode)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »
"Merlin to Red Devil Leader, I'm launching all six of my reaction missiles against the Thuverl Salan dead ahead of my position. Fire!

[First action: Fire all six missiles, second action, move 13 MA dead ahead, 6 MA to the right]

[Attack Roll: 10!! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1586283/, bonus roll: 6 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1586284/]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:36:06 PM by jwlyon1 »
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM
M:GP

Offline GTW

• 1st Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »
"Devil 10 to Red Devil Leader also launching six missiles directly at assigned target"  Anita responded over the comlink. Pulling an Immeran turn downward as she felt the 'thud' off all six reaction missiles leaving her wings to streaking towards the targeted Regult pod in front of her.

Devil 10 does the same action to the ship directly in front of her, only moving 6 MA downward.

Attack roll total: 16,  Piloting roll total (if needed): 23 (rolled a 10)

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:51:28 PM »
Faced against overwhelming odds Devil 009 & Devil 010 start by emptying their wing hard points.  All of their RMS-1 Reaction Missiles strike the two Thuverl Salans.  Each one damaging it slightly until one hits the warship's main reactor.   Destroying it and causing a shock wave that takes down a few enemy mecha.  The second warship's weapon battery is disabled.

Devil 013 takes a volley of five missiles.  Its head unit is blown off from underneath and the force of the impact pushes Devil 013 into the upper atmosphere.

From another hemisphere a massive surge of energy burst through the atmosphere and vaporizes thousands of Zentradi warships.   Such destructive power could only come from the Grand Cannon I site located in Alaska.   There has to be survivors after all!

OOC:
This reminds me why large battles are a time consuming pain in the ass for the GM.   Way too many dice for me to roll.  Too many modifiers, too many pods to move around the map.  Future battles will be smaller in scale.  Maybe 5 to 1 odds tops.

Updating Map (looks less pretty the more you cut and paste it.  Btw too many pods)

Posting rate is 3 days.  I gave 4 days  this time.   Let's get in the habit of 3.

See Squadron Stats thread for damage & ammo count

Man this OOC section is too long.
Devil 009
(Fighter/Current Speed 12)
Moves only 12 forward.   Remember Acceleration.   Looks kinda crowded.

Devil 010
(Fighter/Current Speed 6/Alt - 6)

GTW please use the dice and provide a link from invisiblecastle.com.   I'll use your roll this time but without a link to the roll or break down of modifiers applied I'll have to guess.

Devil 013
Good news you're the first one that gets to make a complete character.   To see if it will actually be Devil 013 you need to make an emergency landing roll.
Roll 1D10

Modifiers:
+7 for Reflexes, +3 for piloting skill, - 4 for damage, - 3 if you don't dump the fast packs.  Difficultly Number to reach 20 or greater.   Success means Devil 013 can make a landing on the surface.  Failure means Devil 013 could gain control on his angle coming in and burns up. 

#1 Thuverl Salan Zentradi Battle Ship: Destroyed
#2 Thuverl Salan Zentradi Battle Ship: 1000/2200, MA: 5/8, Crew Skill 7/8, Weapons Disabled

"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:08:30 AM »
Devil 009
(Fighter/Current Speed 12)
Moves only 12 forward.   Remember Acceleration.   Looks kinda crowded.

[OOC: I'd hoped we had some starting velocity... but if we started still, +12 ok!]
Merlin slams his transformation lever switching to gerwalk mode, then he blasts off a stream of fire from his gun pod, splitting it between the Nousadel-Ger and the two Regults right in front of him! Blast away!!! His finger firmly on the trigger, Merlin expects fireballs at point blank range, yippee-kiyeah-mother [oops, not enough actions to finish that thought!]

[Actions: Transform to Gerwalk from fighter, fire gunpod 3BV at the Nousadel-Ger, 2BV each Regult, Attack Roll: 8! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1590264/]
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline GTW

• 1st Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 02:19:17 AM »

GTW please use the dice and provide a link from invisiblecastle.com.   I'll use your roll this time but without a link to the roll or break down of modifiers applied I'll have to guess.

OOC:  I did use the die roling program you mentioned.  However I did not you i had to post the link to it.  Will do so next time.

Offline Heron

• Major General
  • To err is Human...To forgive, Canine.
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 10:07:31 PM »
Kyle looked in awe at the destruction wrought by the Grand Cannon and then cursed himself for a fool for getting distracted. "Devil 007 going in hot Red Leader!" Kyle said, firing all six of his reaction missiles at the maimed Thuverl Salan Zentradi Battle Ship before slamming the throttle up, covering Devil 009.

[Actions: First action fire all six reaction missiles, second action match movement with Devil 009, staying in wingman station.]

[Attack roll: 2+7+8-2=15. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1592783/ Move 11 MA dead ahead, 4 MA to the left]

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:42:30 PM by Heron »

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »
The already damaged Zentradi warship is destroyed completely thanks to Devil's 007 attack.  A gun pod burst from Devil's 009 GU-11 blows one of the Regults and the Nousadel-Ger apart.  The legs of the second one are blown off disabling the pod.  Devil 007 thrusts forward to support Devil 009 but he has use too much thrust.  His forward motion runs the risk of slamming
into Devil 009. 

Scores of enemy battle pods move closer and hover above Devil 010.  Several land hits.  Including blowing off Devil's 010 head  unit with a missile.  In the upper atmosphere Devil 013's Super Valkyrie burns to a crisp on entry.

OOC:
All have taken damage.   Heron moving 11 MA dead ahead would bring you in the same hex as jwlyon1.  I'm sure there are rules about 2 allies in the same hex some where.   Right now we are gonna have some fun with piloting rolls to avoid a major collision.   Most are suppose to die in the pilot episode.

Devil 007

(Fighter/Current Speed 11)
Make a piloting Roll (Stat+Skill+MV) if Devil 009 can't meet or beat this roll you two will collide.   Each should take 8K in damage to your torso but instead you'll both blow up and die.   More dramatic that way.

Devil 009
(Gewalk/Current Speed 0)
Make a piloting Roll (Stat+Skill+MV-2 Devil 007 is coming from behind) meet or beat Devil's 007 Roll means you or him get out of the way before collision.   

Devil 010
(Fighter/Current Speed 6/Alt - 6)
Missing a Head unit

Devil 013
You're the first one that gets to make a complete character.   Drop by and say hi in the OOC thread if you're still around.

Offline Heron

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
As Kyle cheered the destruction of the Zentradi warship, his proximity alarms nearly split his eardrums. Looking forward he could see the dents in Devil 009's fuselage. Acting on pure instinct, Kyle hit the vernier thrusters in hopes of missing his comrade. If he failed, they would almost surely die.

[Actions: Attempt to avoid a collision.]

[Pilot roll: 7+3-2+2=10 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1593420/]

OOC:

Turns on "Death Valkyrie for Cutie"

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »
[Piloting Roll: 8, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1593439/ Total: 7+3-2+8= 16]

Thankfully, during his Extreme Burst Maneuver, Merlin noticed his wingman careening in towards him. All it took was a simple side slip to let the wild wingman zoom past.

"Dude! I hope he doesn't hit that battle pod sitting there!!"

[I'm assuming that I can take the next round of actions? So here he goes!]

Merlin swings his VF around to starboard, gaining a bit of "altitude" in the process before accelerating toward the six of one of the Heavy missile Carrier Regaults. Then once he's insanely close, he unleashes 10 of his HMMP-02 Micro Missiles at the bastard! Take that! Fight fire with fire or missiles with missiles!!

[First action: Move---Wait! What is the flight movement in Gerwalk mode? It's gotta have a flight move! But the stats don't list one! I'm going to assume the 29 from the standard VF---Total Move: 9 hexes: Turn 1 hex to the right, move 1 hex forward, 1 hex "up" or +Z axis, turn 1 more hex to the right,  then 4 hexes forward, turn another 1 hex side to the right then FIRE 10 Micro missles, Attack Roll: !!10!! I don't believe it! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1593444/, Bonus Roll: 4 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1593445/, Attack Roll Total: 7+3-2+14= 22]

I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline GTW

• 1st Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 02:39:49 AM »
"Great!  There go my head cannons"  Devil 10 cursed, with the pods closing in.  "Time to shake these egg's off me."

Fires four micro-missiles directly at the pod directly in front of her [gunnery roll: REF + Mecha Missiles + die roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1594752/) = 13 not counting minus from losing head].

Then rockets away straight up at 1/2 her Flight MA to avoid the others [ploting roll: REF + Mecha Piloting + die roll(http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1594761/) = 17]

Note: Devil 10 is still in fighter mode.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:19:43 AM by GTW »

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:30:21 PM »
After avoiding a collision Devil 009 makes a wide turn and blows aways a Heavy Missile Carrier Regult with salvo of missiles.   Devil 007, the other side of that possible dangerous collision just floats around while Regults takes shots at him.  Another Regults is destroyed by Devil 010 who starts going "up" the Regults flow firing beams of energy at her.  One beam strikes through the bottom of her cockpit and out through the canopy.   

On all frequencies a strange occurrence starts happening.  Minmay singing is being broadcast by the Macross on all channels.

OOC:
Gerwalk mode (at least in Macross TV) was rarely if ever used in space.   Devil 009 still traveled in Gerwalk on the last turn. 

Devil 007
(Fighter/Current Speed 4)

Devil 009
(Gewalk/Current Speed 9/Alt +1)

Devil 010
You died.   Report to the OOC thread you get to create a full character

Offline jwlyon1

• GM
  • Lt. General
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 12:45:52 AM »
"DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Merlin sees the Zentraedi swarm around his team mates blasting them to smithereens, he slams his transformation lever and switches to battroid, better to wreak havoc on the closing hordes. As if to punctuate his thoughts he launches himself straight up while launching a salvo of micro missles at the approaching battle pod on his 3 o'clock. Dammit Seven! Where are you man!"

[Actions: Action 1: Switch to Battloid mode. Action 2: (Free Move while humanoid) Move up four hexes (gain altitude) rotate on hex side to ships right (clockwise), fire another 10 micro missles at nearest pod Roll: 6! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1596746/   Total: 7+3-2+6 = 14]
I check this from work.
D
M
ACPM

Offline Heron

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 07:37:23 PM »
OOC: Combining my actions as you stated I can take the ones I had missed.

BIC:

Kyle thanked Indra that he didn't slam into Nine. The battle was a madhaven, as enemy pods and ships raced about to the background sound of Minmay's voice.

"Dude! I hope he doesn't hit that battle pod sitting there!!"

The pilot bit down on his tongue as he juked underneath the pod and came out 50 meters or more behind the enemy craft. Reacting with out much thought, he hit the vernier thrusters, flipping as he turned the fighter to face the rear of the pod.

"Eat this you pasty bastard!" Kyle screamed into his mike as he fired 10 missiles [OOC: min-max volley size?). Not waiting around to see if the missiles made their mark, he pushed the stick down and around to come to station near Nine.

Dammit Seven! Where are you man!"

Kyle laughed said, "No worries my main man, I'm in front of you!" Keeping his eye on the situation, ready to dart out of the way as needed.

[Actions: Action 1: Dodge the incoming fire of the pod by flipping up and over and around. 3 + 7 - 2 + 2=10 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1597543/ Action 2: Fire a volley of 10 micro missiles at engaged pod. 2 + 7 - 2 + 6=13 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1597544/ Action 3: Maneuver left diagonal 1 hex, then 5 hexes to the left. Action 4: Dodge any stray fire coming his way. 3 + 7 - 2 + 2=10 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1597545/]

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 11:03:34 AM »
Devil 009 makes the change to Battroid and blows up the Regult next to him with a volley of micro-missiles.   Another pod is destroyed when Devil 007 flew up over and around it.   With already 50% of their numers destroyed the rest of Red Devil Squadron is having a hard time staying in one piece.  The left arm and wing of Devil 009 are blown off.  Devil 007 suffers a power failure.  None his controls are responding.

OOC:
Next Update is the final one for this battle.   

10 micro-missile is over kill but easier on me.  I don't have to keep track of damage against a pod.   Easy to fudge damage and say he's dead.   Once the "journey" starts it will be wise to save ammo.

Devil 007
(Fighter/Current Speed 5/Alt +1)
Declaring and rolling for dodge is not required.  In Mekton defense rolls are all automatic.  Fancy flying isn't.   I tried to guess how much MA points you expend to fly up and over and around to get at the pod tailing you.  Btw 4 actions?   Limited to 2 right  now.

Actual limited to just "talking".   You have no power for this next turn.   50% chance of the pod near you landing a shot.   It isn't certain death but close to it.  Keep a brave face you panic like a little girly man if you want.

Devil 009
(Gewalk/Current Speed 0/Alt +1)
Up to 1/2 free use of Move Allowance in battroid mode is for Running.   You can't run in space. 

Also when changing directions use N, NW, NE, SW, Up & down, etc.   Right and Left can get confusing.