Author Topic: MSG - Mr.F (TMNT Macross): Nastya Ford  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
MSG - Mr.F (TMNT Macross): Nastya Ford
« on: July 06, 2008, 11:04:37 AM »
Character's Name: Nastya Ford
Callsign/Nickname: Fang.

Height: 167 cm
Weight: 60 Kg
Hair Color: Blood Red with natural shifts in shade.
Eye Color: Yellowish
Handedness: Right

Birthplace: Meltran Cruiser where her father worked together with a crew of civillian contractors doing long overdue maintenance on the basic mechanical and electrical functions of the ships living areas. Her mother of course, was stationed aboard.

Belief System: Liberalism, with an hint of elitism. If someone is good at something their opinions of course weigh more then those less good, within the subject of course. Also a firm belief that everyone should strive to better themselves and those who won't try are pathetic.

Description:
Nastya is about average height, with an athletic and well proportioned body, partly a heritage from her genes and partly from an an active youth and continued exercise in her studies and work. She has blood red hair with natural shift / highlights in shade going from dark red, bordering on black to bright red on a few rare wisps of hair, styled when the occasion permits featuring a great deal of fringe. A closer inspection reveals yellowish eyes, another heritage from her mother. Any doubt as to who she is quickly disappears the moment she smiles, as cosmetic dentistry has gifted her a couple of fangs, just a bit larger then a natural tooth should be, and decidedly pointier.  

Likes: Anything that gives an adrenaline rush. Learning new things (about people as well as places and objects). Anything "different". Others attention.

Dislikes: Apathy. Lack of self control. Inability (others as well as her own).

Family:
Only child. Mother a meltraedi PA pilot, and her father a mechanical engineer in the civil sector.

Closest Ally or Friend:
Nathan "The great Prince of Darkness" Fowley; A dark and mysterious predator of the night, when he isn't covered in grease and fixing the landing gear assembly on a VF. That's right. "The great Prince of Darkness" is a grease monkey by day.

Also her family. Despite her antics and periodically rebellious behaviour they calmly rode the wave and managed to keep their daughter's respect and thus her attention.

Worst Enemy or Rival: Hiro Ishikawa. The Ishikawa family.

Biggest Secret:
She has quite the temper. She has a love for the adrenaline rush of danger, and even for battle. An urge to fight and come out winning.

Character Goals - Short Term Goal: For people to acknowledge and accept her. For those around her to consider her a skilled pilot and someone to trust.
Long Term Goal: Be known for her skill. For people to think of her when they are discussing top notch pilots. Also to have come to terms with herself, and no longer ave to struggle with moods and urges as if they where foreign things inserted into her rather then part of her.
Reason For Joining: To get an outlet for pent up frustration.

Basic Personality: Energetic.

Disposition towards Non-M25ers: Indifferent. Like tourists, they are out of place but the stupid things they do is often just cause they don't know better. They provide variation however, and that is always a good thing.
Disposition towards Zentraedi: Indifferent. Part of her.. yet not.
Disposition towards Other Aliens: Curious. Anything unusual is interesting and worthy of respect.
Disposition towards humans with different skin colours: Friendly. The more variation the better.

Background:
Nastya Ford is a half meltran brought into the world 10 or so (adjustable to get the "age at game start" right) years before the launch of the M25 fleet and as such attended school and Pilot training aboard the fleet. Her mother a PA pilot and her father an engineer her studies began with a focus towards mechanical and electrical engineering at first, and later turned towards pilot training and the military as her genetic heritage brought with it a temper/restlessness that had to find an outlet that couldn't be provided by a future in engineering. Luckily the educational facilities on the Frontier could offer both technical studies as well as piloting, so the shift in study-focus was accommodated rather well.

Being rather self-concious about being different (mixed-breed) Nastya choose to camouflage her genetic heritage not by going shy, but by being different by choice. As different as she could be. She embraced the Gothic/vampiric subculture where blood-red hair could be claimed to be dyed and yellowish eyes could as well have been contacts. She even went as far as having her pearly whites fitted with fangs. But no lie can hide the whole truth, at least not for ever. People knew what she was, and for some her display didn't divert attention as much as focusing it. One such individual was Ishikawa Hiro, who simply couldn't not quite hide his dislike of Nastyas antics. He didn't like the way she acted, the way she was and made sure to tell her just that at any opportunity he had. It was just words, and mostly spoken directly to her. Disliking and unfriendly words, but not hostile or bullying really. Not quite. Well at least they weren't until she planted a fist in his face and broke his nose, at what point the direct loud words stopped and turned to conspiratorial whispers. Apparently she also made herself unpopular with his family who repeatedly tried to have her kicked out of school.

Despite having the brains to make it as an engineer or something similar, her temper and a growing urge to prove her worth directly to anyone who doubted her, to anyone who stood in her way, made such a career unlikely to fit her. Instead she followed in her mothers footsteps, joining the military. Not to protect the innocents and ensure the M-25 fleets success, as she told  the recruiters, but more for herself.

RPG Stats:
Attributes:
I.Q.: 10
M.E.: 7
M.A.: 8
P.S.: 9
P.P.: 21
P.E.: 10
P.B.: 11
Spd: 7

(An explanation of the attributes:
Intelligence Quotient (I.Q.): How smart you are.
Mental Endurance (M.E.): How not crazy you are.
Mental Affinity (M.A.): How persuasive you are.
Physical Strength (P.S.): How Strong you are.
Physical Prowess (P.P.): How not clumsy you are.
Physical Endurance (P.E.): How much pain you can take.
Physical Beauty (P.B.): How good looking you are.
Speed (spd): How fast you can run away.)

Hit Points: (the GM determines this)
S.D.C:
O.C.C.: NUNS Variable Fighter Pilot
Level: (the GM determines this. Well thought out backgrounds may garner a higher starting level.)
Experience Points:

Basic Skills:
Language: English 98%
Language: Zentraedi +5%
Math: Basic -5%
Math: Advanced -5%
Dance -5%
Basic Mechanics
Basic Electronics
Lore: Gothic/vampiric
Streetwise
Navigation: Space +5% (translates as a +5% bonus to the OCC skill)
Zero-G Movement -5%
EVA skill frozen at: 15%

O.C.C. Skills:
Pilot Variable Fighter +20%
Mecha Combat: Variable Fighter: VF-171 (Choose 3)
Radio: Basic +10%
Read Sensory Instruments +15%
Navigation +15%
Navigation Space +15%
Weapon Systems +10%
Parachuting +10%
First Aid +10%
Computer Operation +10%
Swimming
WP: Automatic Pistol
WP: Automatic Rifle
Hand to Hand: Martial Arts

O.C.C. Related Skills (7):
Pilot: Motorcycle
Pilot: Space Shuttle
Pilot: Automobile
Movement - Zero G
Gymnastics
Boxing
Lore: Meltran mecha/ships

Secondary Skills (4):
Running
First aid
Electrical Engineer
Mechanical Engineer

Cybernetics: None to start

Hand to Hand Combat Bonuses:

Mecha Combat Bonuses:

Equipment: See OCC. Only list exceptions or additions herein.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:50:59 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: Behind the Frontier character: Nastya Ford
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:12:21 PM »
Good.  Proceed with the extended background.

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »
Edited first post. Kept the original proposal until the character is further along.

/Mr.F

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »
Excellent stuff.  I like the little things (non-M25ers like tourists!)

Only one thing in need:

Birthplace:

This could be anywhere.  As the beginning of Macross F shows the M25 launching from Earth, it could even be from there.

Attribute rolles: 9, 11, 8, 10, 21, 10, 7, 7

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 11:58:23 AM »
Oh dear. I missed that completely didn't I?

I'll fix that and edit in those crappy rolls later tonight I hope ;)

/Mr.F - Got a gosh darned 21!

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »
There got the attributes in. I suspect I'm supposed to pick skills as well?
Also: still lackig the birthplace. Would be kinda fun if she hadn't ever live on an actual planet me thinks... hmm.. we shall see

/Mr.F
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 05:33:50 PM by Mr.F »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:37:12 AM »
Yup.  Need that birthplace.  (Though, being born on a Zentraedi ship, the Factory Satellite, a long range emmigration fleet, etc., is perfectly acceptable.)

Basic Skills:
Language: English 98%
Language: Zentraedi +5%
Math: Basic -5%
Math: Advanced -5%
Chose 1 Domestic Skill -5%
Basic Mechanics
Basic Electronics
Lore: Gothic/vampiric
Streetwise

(Yeah... those are minuses (-).  Part of the arcane system of randomness I use.  Funny thing is, the result (doesn't study hard) matches the background.  The randomness also tells me that your character is from a middle class family.  Not that it makes much of a difference.)

The OCC and other stuff can be found here: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=1789.0

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 05:47:27 PM »
Right I edited the skill in and added the Birthplace.
So I assume those pluses and minuses will be added or subtracted from their relevant skills when/if I chose them?

Then I'm curious about the domestic skill at -5%. I figure this means I should choose one skill and it will be at base chance -5%?
Oh, and the things with no % at all is what? Skills that do't need a % or skills that will get a percent sometimes later?

I should probably just not care and get on with picking skills. I'll be sure to get that done ^_^;;

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:00:15 PM »
Those negative % mean... if the base skill is 50%, your character starts at 45%.  If you want I higher initial %, the skill should be selected as an OCC other or secondary skill.

Skills with no % mean if the base skill is 50%, your character starts at 50%.

I'll be calculating all the % for base, OCC, other and secondary at the same time.  So don't worry about the % right now.

Oh - if a skill in the list says "requires literacy", ignore that requirement (language = language + literacy.)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »
Cool birthplace, BTW.

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 01:53:16 AM »
Well yes, atleast before the quirks in the heating system was worked out... =P

Jokes aside: Thanks. I'll see about having those skills picked later today, when I'm not at work ^_^;;

/Mr.F - Work work

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 07:05:00 AM »
Updated with skills. Let me know if I got any of them wrong.

Also: Lacking 2 skills (one OOC Related and one Secondary). Not quite sure what would fit for those two skil positions. You see anything I have missed? A skill my background suggests I would have but I haven't yet picked?

Would it be possible to get "further" on the Mechanical/Elextrical: Basic and upgrade those to something a bit more? OOC seems to restirc to pretty much just the basic skills, and even if I could get them on the Secondary skills by moving some other skill (running) from secondary to OCC related I'm not sure the background validates having the engineer skills.

/Mr.F - Picking stuff is hard

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 10:05:06 AM »
The upgrade to Hand to Hand Martial arts costs 1 skill.  So, that leaves 1 Secondary skill (the OCC wasn't clear on that point.)

As your PC will be getting Pilot Ex gear when everyone in the game makes the switch to SMS, you may want to use the skill elsewhere.  (Though, if you do want that skill, it should be Pilot Power Armour* and Mecha Combat: Ex Gear.)  You've also selected computer operation twice (it comes with the OCC skills.

Therefore, you could add Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering (the background works for me.  Maybe she continued her studies in pilot school and/or her free time) and keep the Pilot Power Armour (Ex Gear), or change the Pilot Ex Gear for some other piloting skill that may prove useful (helicopter, jet fighter, motorcycle, etc..)

* just added it.  Should've been there, given that power armours are canon for our Macross games... note that taking the skill means being able to pilot the Mk 3.09, and mecha combat Ex Gear allows mecha combat basic for the 3.09.  Not that I'm currently planning on having it appear or not.  Depends how "off canon" we go.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »
Oops.. forgot this:

you also have 2 more VF types to pick (any except the 25 and 27.)  Though, you could leave them blank until needed ("yes, sir.  I just happen to be trained to fly this obsolete, rarely used VF type from 35 years ago" ;) ).

The same (leaving the skills blank) holds true for the other 2 or three skills.  (If you still want a computer skill in the related skills section, programming or hacking may be good choices as well.)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 10:31:01 AM »
Oops... forgot these basic skills:
Navigation: Space +5% (translates as a +5% bonus to the OCC skill)
Zero-G Movement -5%
EVA skill frozen at: 15%