Author Topic: MSG - Mr.F (TMNT Macross): Nastya Ford  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Behind the Frontier character: Nastya Ford
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 09:27:10 PM »
Hmnn,
I think I got she skills together.
I Swapped out the Ex-Gear for some other piloting and removed Computer Operation (since its part of OOC). Also picked the engineering skills for mechanical and electrical.

I did keep "Movement - Zero G" despite it being part of the basic skills now, cause I figured it would be frozen otherwise? If having it "again" doesn't do anything I should probably swap that out too...

If anything is off (except the % and the adjustment to attributes) do let me know. Otherwise I'll leave it up to the black GM voodoo to get the % and the adjustments to attributes and combat stats and what not calcualted and added =)

/Mr.F

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 01:37:21 AM »
It may just be my eyes going bad, but it appears that you have one too many OCC Related Skills.

The upgrade from Hand to Hand Expert to Martial Arts costs 1 OCC Related Skill.  Therefore, you can keep the skills but revert to HtoH Expert, or cut one OCC Related Skill and keep HtoH Martial Arts.

In terms of the games, it's probably better to revert to HtoH Expert.  Having Movement: Zero G is good.  Not only does the % grow bigger, but the starting % is higher.

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 05:39:18 AM »
I'm thinking I may have confused you with my own visual aids. The OOC states we should pick 8 OOC related skills. I have already subtracted one from this "max" to account for the Martial Arts. That's why it says (7) and not (8) after "OOC Related skills".

So I think I have the number of skills down right. Let me know if this is incorrect.

/Mr.F

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 06:17:53 AM »
oops.  I just noticed that myself... :shame:

I'll look into the GM voodoo in the near future (tonight is manga drawing night.)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
Character sheet calculations done:
You had first aid twice, so I changed the 2nd one to Paramedic.

Character's Name: Nastya Ford
Callsign/Nickname: Fang.

Height: 167 cm
Weight: 60 Kg
Hair Color: Blood Red with natural shifts in shade.
Eye Color: Yellowish
Handedness: Right

Birthplace: Meltran Cruiser where her father worked together with a crew of civillian contractors doing long overdue maintenance on the basic mechanical and electrical functions of the ships living areas. Her mother of course, was stationed aboard.

Belief System: Liberalism, with an hint of elitism. If someone is good at something their opinions of course weigh more then those less good, within the subject of course. Also a firm belief that everyone should strive to better themselves and those who won't try are pathetic.

Description:
Nastya is about average height, with an athletic and well proportioned body, partly a heritage from her genes and partly from an an active youth and continued exercise in her studies and work. She has blood red hair with natural shift / highlights in shade going from dark red, bordering on black to bright red on a few rare wisps of hair, styled when the occasion permits featuring a great deal of fringe. A closer inspection reveals yellowish eyes, another heritage from her mother. Any doubt as to who she is quickly disappears the moment she smiles, as cosmetic dentistry has gifted her a couple of fangs, just a bit larger then a natural tooth should be, and decidedly pointier.

Likes: Anything that gives an adrenaline rush. Learning new things (about people as well as places and objects). Anything "different". Others attention.

Dislikes: Apathy. Lack of self control. Inability (others as well as her own).

Family:
Only child. Mother a meltraedi PA pilot, and her father a mechanical engineer in the civil sector.

Closest Ally or Friend:
Nathan "The great Prince of Darkness" Fowley; A dark and mysterious predator of the night, when he isn't covered in grease and fixing the landing gear assembly on a VF. That's right. "The great Prince of Darkness" is a grease monkey by day.

Also her family. Despite her antics and periodically rebellious behaviour they calmly rode the wave and managed to keep their daughter's respect and thus her attention.

Worst Enemy or Rival: Hiro Ishikawa. The Ishikawa family.

Biggest Secret:
She has quite the temper. She has a love for the adrenaline rush of danger, and even for battle. An urge to fight and come out winning.

Character Goals - Short Term Goal: For people to acknowledge and accept her. For those around her to consider her a skilled pilot and someone to trust.
Long Term Goal: Be known for her skill. For people to think of her when they are discussing top notch pilots. Also to have come to terms with herself, and no longer ave to struggle with moods and urges as if they where foreign things inserted into her rather then part of her.
Reason For Joining: To get an outlet for pent up frustration.

Basic Personality: Energetic.

Disposition towards Non-M25ers: Indifferent. Like tourists, they are out of place but the stupid things they do is often just cause they don't know better. They provide variation however, and that is always a good thing.
Disposition towards Zentraedi: Indifferent. Part of her.. yet not.
Disposition towards Other Aliens: Curious. Anything unusual is interesting and worthy of respect.
Disposition towards humans with different skin colours: Friendly. The more variation the better.

Background:
Nastya Ford is a half meltran brought into the world 10 or so (adjustable to get the "age at game start" right) years before the launch of the M25 fleet and as such attended school and Pilot training aboard the fleet. Her mother a PA pilot and her father an engineer her studies began with a focus towards mechanical and electrical engineering at first, and later turned towards pilot training and the military as her genetic heritage brought with it a temper/restlessness that had to find an outlet that couldn't be provided by a future in engineering. Luckily the educational facilities on the Frontier could offer both technical studies as well as piloting, so the shift in study-focus was accommodated rather well.

Being rather self-concious about being different (mixed-breed) Nastya choose to camouflage her genetic heritage not by going shy, but by being different by choice. As different as she could be. She embraced the Gothic/vampiric subculture where blood-red hair could be claimed to be dyed and yellowish eyes could as well have been contacts. She even went as far as having her pearly whites fitted with fangs. But no lie can hide the whole truth, at least not for ever. People knew what she was, and for some her display didn't divert attention as much as focusing it. One such individual was Ishikawa Hiro, who simply couldn't not quite hide his dislike of Nastyas antics. He didn't like the way she acted, the way she was and made sure to tell her just that at any opportunity he had. It was just words, and mostly spoken directly to her. Disliking and unfriendly words, but not hostile or bullying really. Not quite. Well at least they weren't until she planted a fist in his face and broke his nose, at what point the direct loud words stopped and turned to conspiratorial whispers. Apparently she also made herself unpopular with his family who repeatedly tried to have her kicked out of school.

Despite having the brains to make it as an engineer or something similar, her temper and a growing urge to prove her worth directly to anyone who doubted her, to anyone who stood in her way, made such a career unlikely to fit her. Instead she followed in her mothers footsteps, joining the military. Not to protect the innocents and ensure the M-25 fleets success, as she told the recruiters, but more for herself.

RPG Stats:
Attributes:

I.Q.: 10
M.E.: 7
M.A.: 8
P.S.: 13
P.P.: 22
P.E.: 13
P.B.: 11
Spd: 19

Hit Points: 22
S.D.C: 58
Level: 2.95
Experience Points:

O.C.C.: NUNS Variable Fighter Pilot

Basic Skills:
Language: English 98%
Language: Zentraedi 70%
Math: Basic 79%
Math: Advanced 63%
Dance 40%
Basic Mechanics 45%
Basic Electronics 45%
Lore: Gothic/vampiric 45%
Streetwise 34%
EVA 15% (frozen)

O.C.C. Skills:
Pilot Variable Fighter 85%
Mecha Combat: Variable Fighter: VF-171 (Choose 3)
Radio: Basic 65%
Read Sensory Instruments 60%
Navigation 80%
Navigation Space 85%
Weapon Systems 75%
Parachuting 65%
First Aid 56%
Computer Operation 75%
Swimming 58%
WP: Automatic Pistol +3/1 strike, 36%
WP: Automatic Rifle  +3/1 strike, 36%
Hand to Hand: Martial Arts

O.C.C. Related Skills:
Pilot: Motorcycle 69%
Pilot: Space Shuttle 79%
Pilot: Automobile 89%
Movement - Zero G 98%
Gymnastics
   Sense of balance 65%
   Climb Rope 74%
   Climbing 25% (frozen)
   Prowl 30% (frozen)
Boxing
Lore: Meltran mecha/ships 50%

Secondary Skills (4):
Running
Paramedic 55%
Electrical Engineer 50%
Mechanical Engineer 50%

Cybernetics: None to start

Hand to Hand Combat Bonuses:
2 actions (3 hand to hand)
+3 pull punch
+5 roll w/ punch/fall
+3 roll w/ impact
+8 parry
+8 dodge
+6 strike

Mecha Combat Bonuses:
VF-171
5 actions
+2 on initiative (+0 w/ wing ordinance)
+3/8 to strike (weapons/hth)
+11 to parry
+10/12/14 dodge (+1 all modes w/ Super Parts)
+8 to roll w/ punch/fall
+6 roll w/ impact

Equipment: See OCC. Only list exceptions or additions herein.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 01:15:43 PM »
Revision to the character:

Additions under the new system are in bold:

Player's Name: Mr.F
E-mail:
Character's Name: Nastya Ford
Callsign/Nickname: Fang.

Height: 167 cm
Weight: 60 Kg
Hair colour: Blood Red with natural shifts in shade.
Eye colour: Yellowish
Description: Nastya is about average height, with an athletic and well proportioned body, partly a heritage from her genes and partly from an an active youth and continued exercise in her studies and work. She has blood red hair with natural shift / highlights in shade going from dark red, bordering on black to bright red on a few rare wisps of hair, styled when the occasion permits featuring a great deal of fringe. A closer inspection reveals yellowish eyes, another heritage from her mother. Any doubt as to who she is quickly disappears the moment she smiles, as cosmetic dentistry has gifted her a couple of fangs, just a bit larger then a natural tooth should be, and decidedly pointier.

Handedness: Right
Birthplace: Meltran Cruiser where her father worked together with a crew of civilian contractors doing long overdue maintenance on the basic mechanical and electrical functions of the ships living areas. Her mother of course, was stationed aboard.

Family Origin: Mixed (Zentraadi and Human)
Birth Order: Only child.
Family: Mother a Meltraendi PA pilot, and her father a mechanical engineer in the civil sector.

Who do you value most: Lover
What do you value most: Honour

Basic Personality: Energetic.
World view: No one understands me.
Current outlook: Life is good!
Likes and Dislikes: Likes anything that gives an adrenaline rush. Learning new things (about people as well as places and objects). Anything "different". Others attention.  Dislikes apathy. Lack of self control. Inability (others as well as her own).
Belief System: Liberalism, with an hint of elitism. If someone is good at something their opinions of course weigh more then those less good, within the subject of course. Also a firm belief that everyone should strive to better themselves and those who won't try are pathetic.
Closest Ally or Friend: Nathan "The great Prince of Darkness" Fowley; A dark and mysterious predator of the night, when he isn't covered in grease and fixing the landing gear assembly on a VF. That's right. "The great Prince of Darkness" is a grease monkey by day.
Also her family. Despite her antics and periodically rebellious behaviour they calmly rode the wave and managed to keep their daughter's respect and thus her attention.
Worst Enemy or Rival: Hiro Ishikawa. The Ishikawa family.

Biggest Secret: She has quite the temper. She has a love for the adrenaline rush of danger, and even for battle. An urge to fight and come out winning.
Character Goals - Short Term Goal: For people to acknowledge and accept her. For those around her to consider her a skilled pilot and someone to trust.
Long Term Goal: Be known for her skill. For people to think of her when they are discussing top notch pilots. Also to have come to terms with herself, and no longer ave to struggle with moods and urges as if they where foreign things inserted into her rather then part of her.
Reason For Joining: To get an outlet for pent up frustration.

Childhood: Boring Childhood
Life Events:
1 Love and war: nothing series ('nuff said)
2 Good with the bad: Emotional loss: you lost someone you really cared about.  They died by accident or illness.
3 Good with the bad: Financial loss or dept: ¥100,000. You've lost this much cash. If you can't pay it now, you have a dept to pay, in money or blood.

Background:
Disposition toward Non-M25ers: Indifferent. Like tourists, they are out of place but the stupid things they do is often just cause they don't know better. They provide variation however, and that is always a good thing.
Disposition toward Zentraedi: Indifferent. Part of her.. yet not.
Disposition toward Other Aliens: Curious. Anything unusual is interesting and worthy of respect.
Disposition toward humans with different skin colours: Friendly. The more variation the better.
Nastya Ford is a half Meltran brought into the world 10 or so (adjustable to get the "age at game start" right) years before the launch of the M25 fleet and as such attended school and Pilot training aboard the fleet. Her mother a PA pilot and her father an engineer her studies began with a focus toward mechanical and electrical engineering at first, and later turned toward pilot training and the military as her genetic heritage brought with it a temper/restlessness that had to find an outlet that couldn't be provided by a future in engineering. Luckily the educational facilities on the Frontier could offer both technical studies as well as piloting, so the shift in study-focus was accommodated rather well.

Being rather self-conscious about being different (mixed-breed) Nastya choose to camouflage her genetic heritage not by going shy, but by being different by choice. As different as she could be. She embraced the Gothic/vampiric subculture where blood-red hair could be claimed to be dyed and yellowish eyes could as well have been contacts. She even went as far as having her pearly whites fitted with fangs. But no lie can hide the whole truth, at least not for ever. People knew what she was, and for some her display didn't divert attention as much as focusing it. One such individual was Ishikawa Hiro, who simply couldn't not quite hide his dislike of Nastyas antics. He didn't like the way she acted, the way she was and made sure to tell her just that at any opportunity he had. It was just words, and mostly spoken directly to her. Disliking and unfriendly words, but not hostile or bullying really. Not quite. Well at least they weren't until she planted a fist in his face and broke his nose, at what point the direct loud words stopped and turned to conspiratorial whispers. Apparently she also made herself unpopular with his family who repeatedly tried to have her kicked out of school.

Despite having the brains to make it as an engineer or something similar, her temper and a growing urge to prove her worth directly to anyone who doubted her, to anyone who stood in her way, made such a career unlikely to fit her. Instead she followed in her mothers footsteps, joining the military. Not to protect the innocents and ensure the M-25 fleets success, as she told the recruiters, but more for herself.

I've gone back to the original die rolls.  THe following is still a work in progress:

IQ: 10
ME: 7
MA: 8
PS: 9
PP: 21
PE: 10
PB: 11
Spd: 7

HP: PE+6
SDC: 15+15
Level equivalent:

Hit Points: 28
S.D.C: 58
Level: 3.75
Experience Points:

Pretty much the same as the original:
Education Class: Middle Class "Just because you went to school doesn't mean that you studied hard. You always knew that you could rely on your parents – or at least their bank account. "
Base Skills
Language: English 98%
Language: Zentraedi +5%
Math: Basic -5%
Math: Advanced -5%
Dance -5%
Navigation: Space +5%
Zero-G Movement +5%
EVA skill: attribute + 15%

New.  Due to the attributes, I've had her join as Army, but took Spacy training and transferred into it.  Is this ok?  Or would you like to have the character join as Navy?  (the only other option given her attributes, as is.  You could, of course, change the attributes to get an ME with 10.)

Skill Programs:  (Education table roll 38+8=46%) 2 years of college (Both skill programs used up to enter the Armed Forces; skill bonus: +15% & experienced (1 year) +2% skill programs, +1% other skills, +1 skill @ +5%)

UN Army Basic Training:
Climbing
Running
Wilderness Survival
WP Automatic Rifle
WP Heavy
Hand to Hand Basic

I've selected the MOS that are the equivalent of the VF Pilot OCC.  Are they ok, or would you like to select different military training?
Variable Fighter Pilot MOS: (21 months)
Radio Basic
Pilot Jet Fighter
Pilot Variable Fighter
Mecha Combat: VF-171, Choose 2 more
Navigation
Navigation Space
Read Sensory Instruments
Weapon Systems
Lore: UN Flight Ops

Security MOS: (1.5 months)
Prowl
Pilot Automobile
WP: choose Automatic Pistol
Hand to Hand: Expert

Spacy MOS: (1.5 months)
EVA
Zero-G Movement
Pilot Space Shuttle

You'll also get to choose 7 secondary skills, and 1 more skill with a bonus (or add only the bonus to an existing skill; your choice)

On the original character sheet are the following skills.  We could add them to your sheet, but they'd be starting at the extreme base %.  Which ones would you like as secondary skills (and starting at a higher %)?

Basic Mechanics
Basic Electronics
Lore: Gothic/Vampiric
Streetwise
Hand to Hand Martial Arts
Pilot: Motorcycle
Gymnastics
Boxing
Lore: Meltran mecha/ships
Running
First aid
Electrical Engineer
Mechanical Engineer
Pilot Power Armour
Mecha Combat VF-25
Mecha Combat EX-Gear
WP Knife
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:26:35 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: MSG - Mr.F (TMNT Macross): Nastya Ford
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »
Hey Sketchley!
As per the "TMNT or not"-thread on the game boards there where mention that most humans are mutated, but some remain "normal". There was mention of a roll for that. Does that apply here?

If her human parent was a mutant how far is her appearance altered, given that half her genepool should be rather "normal" looking (Meltrans generally do not have fur for instance ;) )?

The reason for my question is this:
If Nastya's human parent is suddenly a mutant she ought to have some traits. I then have to (aside from deciding what mutations) know HOW her appearance is altered. Since a great part of her background is the fact that she goes to unusual lengths to hide her true self by donning a mask (both in appearance and behaviour). If she naturally has few animalistic traits then her current alterations (as they are stated in the current background) would work fine. If on the other hand she has quite a few animalistic features then those might have to be revised (perhaps she then would try to alter herself to hide those traits to appear more meltran since that would be "less normal").

Regarding the skills:
I see some of those listed (on the list of skills I had on my old sheet) are redundant (Duplicates like "running", or extra skills like piloting the EX-Gear and VF-25.

What I want from that list:
HtH: Martial Arts
Boxing

Is there a way to fit in the mechanical/electrical engineering? That would eat up 4 skills, but I am doubtful where she would have found the time to learn it (Unless the 2 years of college are not completely eaten up by the MOS and there would also be room for mechanical/electrical studies)? Perhaps it would be better to look at other skills there to flesh out the character (depending on answers to the mutant-related questions above)?

/Mr.F - Is sorry for the flood of questions questions questions.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 03:09:17 AM »
As per the "TMNT or not"-thread on the game boards there where mention that most humans are mutated, but some remain "normal". There was mention of a roll for that. Does that apply here?

Yes.  But as your character has the Mixed (Zentraadi/Human) result, your character won't be a human.  Being a mixed Zentraadi means that your character does get a *free* 1 grade up for looks (none becomes partial, etc.).

If Nastya's human parent is suddenly a mutant she ought to have some traits. I then have to (aside from deciding what mutations) know HOW her appearance is altered. Since a great part of her background is ...

Looks: Full will give you what you want.  Looks: Partial would be half-man, half-animal, and Looks: None would have almost no human looks.

Regarding the skills:
I see some of those listed (on the list of skills I had on my old sheet) are redundant (Duplicates like "running", or extra skills like piloting the EX-Gear and VF-25.

I forgot to mention that VF-25 piloting is not possible for the characters.  EX-Gear is possible.

What I want from that list:
HtH: Martial Arts
Boxing

Ok.

Is there a way to fit in the mechanical/electrical engineering? That would eat up 4 skills, but I am doubtful where she would have found the time to learn it (Unless the 2 years of college are not completely eaten up by the MOS and there would also be room for mechanical/electrical studies)? Perhaps it would be better to look at other skills there to flesh out the character (depending on answers to the mutant-related questions above)?

Hmmm... I don't think there is a way to make your character a military VF pilot and an engineer (unless if the engineering skills were taken as secondary skills.)

There is another route: the M.S.G. is not military (despite it being a military service provider).  Therefore, it would be possible to  keep her completely "civilian", but have VF training.

Option 1:
One of the Electrical or Mechanical MOS http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/Statistics/character/2yearsEDU1.html
and
Basic Military (some combat training) or Basic Advanced Pilot (VF piloting and related skills). http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/Statistics/character/0yearsEDU1.html

or

Option 2:
Police Officer Skill Program - Variable Patrol Craft  POS http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/Statistics/character/2yearsEDU1.html
and
Basic Mechanical (not quite an engineer...) or Construction Worker (engineering skills). http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/Statistics/character/0yearsEDU1.html

It may change the character somewhat (was a construction worker or police officer), but it will add some variety to the game.  The remaining VF piloting needed / needed combat skills can be made up with secondary skill choices.

Don't worry about things like Pilot EX Gear or W.P. Knife, as they won't be appearing in the game at the beginning, and when they do, the M.S.G. will give some "familiarization/training" time.

I'll give the Lore: Gothic/Vampiric as a freebie skill (if anyone reading this is wondering why - it's in the background, part of the character, and not likely to effect combat.)

/Mr.F - Is sorry for the flood of questions questions questions.

No worries.  The lack of a demanding tone to the questions is also quite nice.  Thank you for the politeness.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 12:04:27 AM »
As I haven't heard, I'm guessing that you don't have the TMNT core book?  Would you like me to create a random animal character, with mutations, for you?

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »
Not to interrupt in someone else's thread, but I do know Mr F starts back at work today, that Mr F does not have the book, and was trying to make a decision on the animal as I was working with Mr F on that.  Give Mr F another 12 hours maybe?

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 08:24:02 AM »
Not sure where you stand with the animal, so I'm rolling one up now.  Use it, or another of your choosing:

Animal: Crocodile
Size Level: 7
Build: Long
Height: 175.26 cm
Weight: 40.82 Kg
Attribute Bonuses: P.S. +4 (+1 from size level), P.E. +1, Spd. +1, 30 SDC
Hands:  Full
Biped: Full
Speech:  Full
Looks: Partial, definite snout, no external ears, noticeable scales, and a long body.  (Free, as your character is part Zentraadi)

Natural Weapons:
Teeth that can do ID8 damage.

Powers:
Hold Breath (Can stay underwater for extended periods of time.  The amount of time an animal can Hold Breath is 16 minutes.  That is the amount of time that a character can Hold Breath comfortable.
Swim equal to competitive swim skill; 80%

(there are some other options, but I feel that there'd be too much of a size reduction to get them)

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »
Well, I think I will have to withdraw my application.
I have lost enthusiasm and will not be able to perform sufficiently in this game at the moment. I cannot follow the initial concept intended for Nastya with these outer circumstances, and I fear I lack the inspiration to change it.

I am sorry for the trouble I no doubtedly have caused, but the situation is what it is. There is no changing that. Perhaps in the future I will be inspired to create something for this from scratch that I will feel comfortable with playing. perhaps I will resubmit then (if you would still have me). But for the moment. I withdraw my request.

/Mr.F - When you have lost your target, letting the arrow fly is simply a waste.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »
Ok.  That's cool.