Author Topic: mission communication  (Read 14952 times)

Offline paul the black skull

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
mission communication
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:47:51 AM »
The next day the squadron  Remington calls the squadron into the briefing room.
"Ok ladies and gentlemen we have been requested to take part in a mission for the research ship." says remigton he then takes a seat
DR. Ryan   steps up to the podium  "A while ago a recon flight from the M-15 fond a pod of Vahla Ena more commonly refer to as Galactic Whales.  We have had few chance to observe them and their behavior out side of the zolan home system."  A few video files flash and play on  the monitor.  "We have been observing the pod for a while now with some recon birds. The pod has near a hundred whales of different sizes in it.  Also on one of the research mission the squadron encounter and stopped a group of Poachers from attacking the pod.   They got some interesting data there with the whales reaction to the violence.  The research team would like to get the pods reaction to some different stimuli.  So it has been requested g that the sound force sing to the whales and try the sound energy device on them.  I've updated our fighters with lancer speaker pods they are designed to transmit similar to the whales own songs."
   Ryan steps down from the podium and Remington takes Ryans place.
?This should be a non combat mission so a good training op for us to cut our teeth on.  How ever don't be careless out there.  The youngest of these whales is the size of a VF, the largest are capital ships.  Plus there whale songs have crippled and destroyed star ships before.  So I want you to maintain a safe distant from them.  If they become hostile we will be carrying smoke rounds to help us affect a retreat  some of the ammo will be live encase the whales hastily become to much or in the off chance of anther group of Poachers attack.     the pod is currently orbiting a near by gas giant so we will be using fold engines for this mission.  We will also be having one recon 2 VF-11 flying with us to record the data. Are there any questions for Doctor Ryan or myself?"
now I can reveal my true identy Paul shlane is the black skull.   If you didn't know

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: mission communication
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:58:56 AM »
"I have a few.  Were my suggestions for flame-retardant missiles, smoke generators, strobes, and other such devices installed on the VF-19 Kai yet?  Also, isn't there only one record of a Vahla Ena responding to song, which happened to only occur for the "White Whale" mentioned in Zola's recent reports when Basara got involved?"

Dvotchka

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 10:00:28 AM »
Irina thought of home, looking out over the Barents Sea to find oceanic whales broaching- the spray from their blowholes, and how they would play with passing boats. This was now her first FULL day of work and already she could expect to see galactic whales of perhaps a hundred-times the mass. They traveled across the cosmos, existed in a vacuum and apparently drew strength from music. Mornings like this were why she joined the Spacy.

Dressed in her flight suit, Irina scooped up Minka who had been lounging at her feet. The cat had strongly protested when Irina went to work this morning, meowing at length. Rina knew she was probably surly from the late night before, and knew she could be trusted to make her way around the building without mischief- beyond catching a stray mouse perhaps. The cat's blue eyes locked onto Remington and she meowed in greeting. Rina caressed the back of Minka's neck and she quieted with a low purr.

Rina raised her hand for questions. "I have several, sir. What types of mecha did the poachers use and in what number did they attack? Were they destroyed or did any retreat? Did they use fold boosters or a mothership? How exactly do the whales react to violence not directed to them?"

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 02:24:33 PM »
"From what I heard, the 'White Whale' can distinguish between friend and foe, and will not allow itself to harm those who sing to it for the most part, nor those who fight its attackers."

Offline knyght

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »
knyght responded to alaras "Yes that is true, but we think that the equipment malfunction is due to a process inherent to the whales. In other words, it doesn't matter how happy they are, your equipment will malfunction if you get too close. I could install a Faraday cage on some of the most sensitive instruments and offer some protection, it would be patchwork though"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:14:08 PM by knyght »
"Reality and righteousness are subjective concepts"

Dvotchka

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 03:17:48 PM »
"I would like, with Theresa, to get in close to a whale, to test its detection capabilities. Do we even know how they track near-space objects? Would our active stealth work, and would ECM or other RF transmissions incite anger? Plus. Well, it would be a great chance to take snaps!"

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 05:43:57 PM »
"Very well.  We shouldn't be needlessly aggressive, of course, so we might want to minimize our use of stealth, and ECM.  That Faraday Cage should do the trick, I think, as long as we don't get right next to them, and they're already used to VFs thanks to the Zolan patrol, and will withhold aggression until attacked.  Anyone else have ideas on how we should approach this mission, such as whether someone should keep watch for poachers?  Remember, the Vahla Ena have primarily been exposed to Battroid and Fighter mode Valkyries, so we should also stick to those modes as much as we can to avoid confusing them."

bright

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:28:34 PM »
Meera takes a seat in the briefing room.  last night had been interesting she had deside to stay quite for the night and just observe those she was going to be singing with.  today was different a gift of the heavns had been presented to her a sea creature that could fly thou the heavens like the gift the gods had left on the home island back on earth. (referenceing macross zero) today was a day to speekup.
"I have some question for doctor Ryan. Is this the zolan whale pod or is this a differnet pod of whale are there different pods? also are galactic whale created, I'm mean by protocluture as you all call them?"   

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 08:33:59 PM »
"I wish we knew.  There's a little evidence on Zola that suggests either mutual awareness or a connection between the Protoculture and Vahla Ena, but none of it shows any proof one way or the other."

Dvotchka

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 10:07:49 AM »
"Meera's right. These whales may have been nowhere near Zola, or even worse, only know Valkyries from whalers. I'd suggest we use as much stealth as possible, and try to deal with poachers as far from the pod as possible. That way, we do not provoke them. The EMP shielding might be a good idea, too."

Another expert. That Alaras seemed to know everything, or think he did. Really, he seemed to be guessing based on the supposition that these were the same whales Basara sang to, and would be used to crappy Firebomber tunes. Now he was speculating on the Protocultures. Know-it-alls bothered her to no end. She narrowed her eyes at him and shook her head while giving Minks a scratch under the chin.

The cobby cat rewarded her with a deep purr.

Offline LazzaReving

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 12:41:55 AM »
The briefing made Lazza bored. She wanted to get out and attack the
enemy- Varuta and Rogue Zentraedi, not serenade a bunch of stupid
whales. She had heard that if provoked, the things could be dangerous.
"Sir, if we are attacked by whales, can we fight back with maximum
force?"

Whalewatching- woo. How exciting...  she hoped the click from her eyes
rolling would not be overheard. She began strumming the bassline to
Zeppelin's "Moby Dick" during the briefing, getting good and muddy in
the thick tone.
I May Look Sweet And Innocent But I Can Kick Your Ass

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 03:35:14 AM »
"They're endangered, aren't they?  Besides, I've heard that they can withstand a direct hit from a reaction weapon, though that could just be hearsay."

Dvotchka

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 08:29:20 AM »
"If they can withstand a direct hit from a reaction bomb, then just how endangered are they? Our job is to come home alive, and if a few firecrackers are needed to cover our escape, I am sure that the whales won't mind not one bit!"

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 08:46:10 AM »
"If it wasn't profitable to kill them, they wouldn't be threatened by poachers, now would they?  Otherwise, they'd send a small detail to do this, not a Sound Force.  Let's just play it by ear and hope the poachers don't find it."

Offline paul the black skull

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 11:18:43 AM »
I can see your a Basara fan boy.  Yes he got a good reaction but there have been other reactions to music not aways the best thou. Several fighters have been lost when the whales got to interested which is why we are saying keep your distance.

Remington takes Rina's question 'the poachers used a mixed of zentradie mechs artillery pods mounted with harpoons. Modified civilian VF models VC-1 & VC-3.   It should not be a problem Units from M-15 cleared out their base of operations. however we think the poachers had ties to the Terasi anti UN forces. 

Doctor Ryan looks to Knyght I like the shielding idea it may give us a little extra protections. The stealth and ECM would be bad ideas we don't know how the animals might react.   Doctor Ryan removes his goggles to let his ear flop out to there full extents.  He points to them. ?Alaras  see these zolan is my home planet I've seen these creature all my life did research when I was with the patrol just because Basara never brought a VF in gerwalker form to these creatures doesn't mean its never been done.  Meera this appears to be a different pod then the zolan pod no white whale leader.  Also we do not know if these creatures have a link to protoculcture.?  Ryan turns quickly to lazza's comment  ?No lazza you may not try to kill these creatures we don't know how many are left its rare except around zolan to find them.?

Remington  steps forward again looks to Lazar appropriate force only lethal if you have to. We got mostly smoke and paint traning rounds.  Doctor Ryan has also brought some zolan non lethals with him their gum rounds that slow your target down or keep them from moving the part you hit them in. 

are there any other questions if not go suit up. put in your armament request.

Occ. We don't have the stats up any more but zolan non-lethals reduce engine speeds 25%-to 50% hit a mecha in a limb you disable it or reduce movement min-50%  also can be use to save individuals from vacuum.
now I can reveal my true identy Paul shlane is the black skull.   If you didn't know