Author Topic: mission communication  (Read 16859 times)

Dvotchka

Re: mission communication
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 10:33:58 AM »
(Irina doesn't like Minmay or Basara IC. Brittney Spears sold probably a billion records and I never thought she was any more than she is now. On the other hand, Rina has about everything Sharon Apple ever recorded or got bootlegged on.)

"We'll sing them, sir, but I am skeptical. I remind you that the song is merely an expression of our own emotional state, and feeling embittered and put upon to sing cotton candy pop doesn't exactly inspire me. Even Nekki only sang what was in his heart. Minmay and Firebomber just aren't there for me."

bright

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »
?I'm fine with sing those songs its not just what?s in the hart of the singer but how there songs touch the harts of others.  also I'll see if I can write out the music I mentioned but the songs of my religion are more things past thou the memories of one priestess to the next. the songs sung to you as a child.   you know them in your hart.?   Meera gets up to go write in musical note what she can remember.   

Offline knyght

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 07:31:33 PM »
Knyght finished instructing the tech about the modifications and went to fetch some fresh coffee, deciding he was free and bored atm he went to reunite with the pilots to make further plans or to... cause mayhem/bother alaras/pass the time.
"Reality and righteousness are subjective concepts"

Offline Patan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 10:19:23 PM »
Mirko heared all the conversation, asking no questions. He  was not a bloodlust madman, but peaceniks were already annying him. ALaras is a good boy but his criteria is not usable

Finishing the briefring, he went to the hangar.

-Anybody knows what fighter is assigned to me? - and then spoked to one of the mechanics.

-I will take the same as the Ensign- refering to Dvotcha. -But no smokes for me, put some Plasma SRM instead. I shall not fire at those nice beasts, but the fact that some poachers may attack is enough reason to carry a full war-load. The idea of dodging forever and let the enemy escape is simply disgusting

then he spoked to the russian

-Oh Ensign! For the few we know, these Whales react to spiritia, so it is very possible that they has some form of "spiritia" or Super-dimensional senses, against whose our ECM is probably futile. And i do not think that the space whales are more connected with the Protoculture than the dolphins with the Ancient Egypt

Then he approached Meera with a short reverence

-Excuse,  Miss Bright, adaptation and arrangements of folk music is among my specialities. If you like to song for us a little, i will get those songs noted in no time. I think that i can make a perfect version for us to play out there-

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 03:39:42 AM by Patan »

Offline knyght

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 01:13:51 AM »
Knyght return coincided with miko's arrival and he commented while sipping some coffee "I would recommend mass drivers, those big critters seems to have high resistance to energy weapons, so the best options would be  rail guns or those old chemically powered bullets. Of course plasma missiles are good for baked poachers."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 01:19:15 AM by knyght »
"Reality and righteousness are subjective concepts"

Dvotchka

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 10:18:40 AM »
"They have to sense with something. Nothing flies through the galaxy without a pretty good idea of what is in front of them. ECM may not mean much, or it might even be provocative.Remington is right. This is a good opportunity to collect data on their physiology. We need more ELINT than we do ECM. And you're right, there is no way in Hell I am spending all day dodging enemy fire. Someone shoots at me, then I am splashing them." She answered him in Russian, then recalled her lesson, and spoke again in English. "We should both speak English in front of our friends. We're part of a team and need to speak the same as everyone else. Openness and unity."

Rina turned to Bright and smiled. "Yes, your songs would be good. I would love to see a transcription sometime. If Char can put one together now, I say let's do it. Otherwise, hmm, maybe start with Portishead's 'Silence,' then 'Surfing on a Rocket' by Air. Maybe some Daft Punk next, if it's appropriate. I say we save the Minmay for second to last, and maybe do 'Angel Paints.' If we HAVE to do Firebomber, I vote for a Mylene song. Maybe 'Oh Baby,' though my Japanese sucks. I fear that Chuck Barris and Gene Gene the Dancing Machine would give me the gong."

She followed the band out to the hanger and spotted the bird to be used by Theresa and herself. The VF-19P carried the camouflage pattern in the style of an old SU-33, like her Grandmother flew before Space War One. The UN roundels were not subdued, still in their red and white colors, but flat and dull looking, and deliberately small, placed on the cockpit, left wing and stabilizers, resembling the red stars sported by the Soviet Air Force and Navy in their scale and placement. The nose bore a blue number, 023, again painted on in Soviet style. The rudder sported a muted Canadian flag above a small Russian Federation flag, again painted in flats. Ordinance handlers were busy fitting the plane out. She whistled and looked over to her RIO. "Now that's traveling in style. You mind if I drive?" She poked her tongue at her best friend playfully.

She approached and saw the canopy to read, "Ens. Irina 'Dvotchka' Kovalchuk," and "Ens. Theresa Almond."

"We need to find a good callsign for you Reece."

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »
Alaras finally finished tuning up his Spiritia equipment, and hopped down to ground level.  "So, anyone else want me to tune up their SEC or SES?  Dr. Chiba taught me everything he could to get me to stop bugging him, so for those few devices, you'll find few as reliable as me."

Offline Patan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
-Well, i still does not know if i?m going to be used as pilot, musician or both. I?m going to take that VF-19P- pointing at one - Unless somebody needs me for carrying a backsitter. I hope it can work with my Control Stick Violin. Can you check its SE systems for me, Al? I?ll be noting a song right now.

Mirko took a pencil and a paper notebook, waiting for Meera answer.

-DOes somebody knows how much time we have? i need to hear a song quietly to note it. Once is enough, but quietly.

Then to Dvotcha in english.

-Ohsoorry for the russian.....ELINT is precicely what we are doing today, right? info collecting. I?m not interested in shooting at the animals, Doc. I?m a soldier not a whaler. And yes they surerly must have some form of senses; i think that these must be some type of "super-dimensional" ones....Doc, perhaps some kind of "spiritia noise warhead"? something that would momentarily blind the senses of these beasts if they come too close, giving us to apart from their path?

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »
Before heading to work on Mirko's systems, Alaras said "Oh, they finished that project?  If so, it might be a good idea, but I think we're better off not provoking or spookling the whales.  They might attack if we do anything stupid or aggressive.  Oh, right, you wanted me to work on the SEC and SES.  I'll get those taken care of right away!"  He went over to the VF-19P Mirko pointed out and started tinkering with the equipment, soldering wires and typing the needed protocols into the nearby panel.  Within minutes, he boosted the efficiency by 10%.  "Ok.  This one should be about 5 to 10% more efficient now, meaning more output can go to the engines and other systems."

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »
Theresa listens to the mission ideas quietly, sitting next to Irina.  She couldn't help but glance over at her best friend every so often, and then look away shyly.

She nods "That is a very important part of what we do.. if we don't emotionally feel the song, then there's no point.

Dvotchka

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 01:44:30 PM »
"I do not think that now is the time to start tinkering. If any systems are broken, we would have no time to fix it. I'd hate to go off to battle with broken equipment. This seems irresponsible. When we land, you can poke and prod all you wish." She didn't mind modifications at all, and had a spate of things to do to her fighter, but for the time for it would come later.

"If you are a pilot, Mirko, you ought to fly. I would certainly suggest one of the 19-Papas. They're wizard! I was thinking more about that EM countermeasure. Perhaps a fragmentation-type warhead with some magnetized iron filings would make for a fun sort of octopus ink, as Knyght called it. We don't have time to do it now, but when we return. Getting shot with that would probably Gauss every CRT on board and give the enemy's radar a very bad day. Knyght? If it's ok with the boss, why  don't you suit up and fly out with us? You should get a feel for mission demands so your input will be more qualified."

Irina caught a quick look from Terri, who suddenly averted her gaze. When she looked over again, she gave her a shy smile. Minka padded over and leapt up into her "Aunt Terri's" arms, nuzzling under her chin. "F-ing 'a Theresa. If we don't feel the song, then neither will our audience. I want everyone to think about someone that they care about- even if it is only an unrequited crush. The song's a vehicle, but our hearts are the fuel. "

With that, she rose and climbed the boarding ladder of "023," then began to strap in, finishing by pulling her SEC harness around her chest. Rina donned, then sealed her helmet, connecting to the O2 supply, then plugged in the mic and headset. With a thorough preflight check, she found no gripes or problems and began to power up. She glanced over to Cole- knowing who he was, she knew he would probably love this song. Finally, she turned to Theresa and smiled again. "Come on, time to go to work."

She activated her SEC and engaged the Laurence speakers. Oddly enough, the Zolanite Laurence created the speakers for his planet's patrol fighters to sing to whales. It would be only appropriate to use them now for their intended purposes.

"CLEAR! Starting two." She engaged her left engine and brought it up to idle, waiting for Theresa to board and clearance to taxi to the catapaults. Her hands embraced the key-tar (she still hated it!) and began to play a cheerful melody. To continue to build her spiritia, she sang- voice and notes coming through over the Laurence system.

"This one's for Vince and Andy."

She began to sing:
"I try to discover
A little something to make me sweeter
Oh baby refrain from breaking my heart
Im so in love with you
Ill be forever blue
That you give me no reason
Why youre making me work so hard

That you give me no
That you give me no
That you give me no
That you give me no

Soul, I hear you calling
Oh baby please give a little respect to me"

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 04:19:51 PM »
Meanwhile, Alaras, loving to live vicariously through other people's lives, asked Theresa, "So, how was Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome last night?  Did he sweep you off your feet, or was he all talk?"

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 06:18:08 PM »
Theresa blinks in surprise at Alaras.  "Oh.." she stutters a little, shyly "We talked a lot, and danced a little.  He seemed nice enough."  She shrugs "I guess we'll see what happens."  Still holding Minka she scritches her under the chin she adds "well, it's time to get going." 

Offline Alaras

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 05:04:39 PM »
"Well, I'm sure Miss Irina would take care of him if it came down to that, so just keep enjoying his company for now.  If you get tired of him, I'll see if he's got a gay brother."

Offline Mierin

• Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 05:15:04 PM »
Theresa frowns a little, confused.  "What do you mean" she asks "when you say Rina would 'take care of him'?"