Author Topic: The Sketchley's Status  (Read 9037 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: The Sketchley's Status
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »
Sorry.  Our school's not designed around that business model.

Try Nova, or another one of those schools that are (was?) doing it.  [There was a boom in it approximately 4 years ago.  I'm sure that with the high yen, it's probably more appealing, business wise.  Not sure how the students reacted to it.  Don't see any commercials about it any more.

But don't let that discourage you.  I was doing a similar job approximately 8 years ago, when I was in Vancouver; calling people in Korea to teach English.  Keep in mind that China's a growth market.  The sucky thing is the hours.  Night calls here are early morning calls there (made worse by daylight savings), and morning calls are afternoon ones there.]

Today was another day of  blaurgh.  The other teacher didn't show up on our busiest day of the week.  So... full day of classes.  First time that's happened since, like, forever.  + overtime (another rarity) processing resumes...

[Note to aspiring teachers: a full day is good for the company's accounting department.  Bad for the teachers who still have to do things like class preparation]

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: The Sketchley's Status
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
See: http://nomansland.site.nfoservers.com/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/index.php?topic=2896.new#new

There's a possibility that I will be unavailable for parts of the day due to mandatory blackouts and the associated disruptions (ie have to go much earlier to work/come home later due to the train not having power... not looking forward to that).