Author Topic: Pilot for Galaxy Patrol SVF-44  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Zhen Ji

• DeadAccount
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Kitty has reached critical mass!
    • View Profile
Pilot for Galaxy Patrol SVF-44
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
Player: Chris
Email: Queensdarkness@hotmail.com
Proposed Game: Macross Galaxy Patrol: SVF-44 Magnum Force
Character: Student Pilot & Variable Fighter Engineer

Ariana Mina is a normal kid from  Eden. Long scarlet hair, always held back in a ponytail decorates a small and hawklike caucasian face. Her eyes are deep brown and a little mysterious. She stands at just over 150cm in height and is very much accustomed to being the but of her peer's humour.

Ariana was born to a fairly wealthy family in Eden's capitol city. She lost her father, Daniel to a fire in their home when she was four. She was raised by her mother, Melissa and her older brother, Tycho. She grew up fast and quickly picked up her mother's love of engineering. After the events on Eden in 2046 she was moved away to a private school for engineers and hasn't seen her mother since then. Immersed in the technical world of Variable fighters she picked up a pilot license and has worked hard to follow in her mother's footsteps.

She took the chance to relocate to the Aviation Museum to further her love for the Valkyrie. Upon transit her shuttle was downed by debris from a dogfight. She awoke three months later in the Museum's hospital from a deep coma. In convalescence Ariana has immersed herself in the world of tech. engineering, determined even more than ever to make her family proud of her.

Birthplace: Eden Colony
Height: (cm) 153
Weight: (kg) 44
The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
  • Just Watch Jet Jockey In Action!
    • View Profile
Re: Pilot for Galaxy Patrol SVF-44
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 02:49:40 PM »
Welcome I'll look this over later today.
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »
For the most part your character has few problems.  Seems like you know what you are doing.  Have you played at this or another site before?

Finally a key part of this game and all these games is being a Proactive Player.   This means getting you posts in on time (Galaxy Patrol about every 3 days) and putting effort in those post.   We understand things might come up and we're cool with that as long as people gives us a heads up.   As long as you understand that go ahead and start doing stats & skill.  If you need help with the Mekton System ask.  
"Why would Anglia Jolie adopt my son when I offered to make one with her the natural way?"

Offline Zhen Ji

• DeadAccount
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:25 PM »
Not played on this site before actually. Not played online for years. As far as the posting schedule, it will be fine. I was hoping your game wasn't one that had post schedules every day, the misses would've complained (and rightly so) :p I shall go ahead and begin stat generation for a Rookie level character. What problems do you see with the initial proposal though, I am keen to iron them out. And thanks for the swift reply, you've given me some confidence in you already, lookin' good!! P.S. Best off refering to me as Sith :-)

Offline Zhen Ji

• DeadAccount
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
Ok, got one prob sorted, I made a typo with the year. The Eden incident in 2040, makes her a little older but still a rookie pilot. She has never seen a combat sortie but has clocked over 200 hours flight time for engineering, test and research purposes. She ranks as a university student and is studying accordingly in Aeronautics and Munitions (A Veritech developers degree really).

I will need a guide to the templates as i don't have the Mekton Z or MkII book. The only two i was considering were the Rookie Cadet or Anime Babe (considering how my dice rolled out a ludicrous attractiveness and body type score, makes it worth looking in to). One other question: what are the house rules regarding maximum skill levels for this game. As a GM I guessed there are some reasonble limitations you have, despite the additional point cost of taking a skil beyond 5 ranks?

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 05:44:14 PM »
Okay so this character is a College Student Turned pilot?

Characters in this game are either Students (High School Aged) drafted to be pilot or were already Fighter Pilots that were injured.  Ariana as a College student doesn't need to be in a coma.  Being out of Action for Medical Reasons was just a requirement for Fighter Pilot already in service.   Ariana doesn't need to be injured.   She could just the last few months of the game in training.

Templates: Rookie Cadet is good for a Basic Pilot.  Anime Babe according to the book is described a s Femme Fatale type.  If you want to go the generic route go with the Rookie Cadet. 

Like Stats the Skill Levels won't go beyond 10.   

Offline Zhen Ji

• DeadAccount
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
Stats rolled and as follows:
Checked through Mekton Zeta. I'm happy to go with your recommendation concerning injury. Here's the proposed character in detail:

Name: Ariana Mina
Race: Human, natural born.

Education: Eden, St. Elizabeth's High School
Eden Astro University: Further Education in Mecha Technologies and Variable Fighter Design, currently in her final year on placement to Aviation Museum for advanced Mecha Studies and practical application.
Ariana Mina is a normal kid from  Eden. Long scarlet hair, always held back in a ponytail decorates a small and hawklike caucasian face. Her eyes are deep brown and a little mysterious. She stands at just over 150cm in height and is very much accustomed to being the but of her peer's humour.

Ariana was born to a fairly wealthy family in Eden's capitol city. She lost her father, Daniel to a fire in their home when she was four. She was raised by her mother, Melissa and her older brother, Tycho. She grew up fast and quickly picked up her mother's love of engineering. After the events on Eden in 2040 she was moved away to a private school for engineers and hasn't seen her mother since then. Immersed in the technical world of Variable fighters she picked up a pilot license and has worked hard to follow in her mother's footsteps.

She took the chance to relocate to the Aviation Museum to further her love for the Valkyrie. Upon transit her shuttle was downed by debris from a dogfight. She regained consciousness in the Museum hospital after her shuttle was recovered. Making a swift recovery she sought an opportunity to repay her rescuers and has turned her attention towards protecting this place from harm. She has taken her piloting training and is now a qualified Valkyrie combat pilot.

Intellligence: 10
Education: 9
Cool: 7
Reflexes: 7
Attractiveness: 7
Empathy: 6
Tech Ability: 10
Luck: 4
Move Allowance: 5
Body Type: 6

Rookie Cadet

Skills (36)

Personal Grooming +1
Wardrobe & Style +1
Endurance +1
Intimidate +1
Human Perception +1
Awareness +3
Programming +2
Handgun +1
Mecha Gunnery +2
Mecha Missiles +2
Mecha Piloting +4
Aircraft Piloting +3
Basic Repair +2
Jury Rig +2
Mecha Design +5
Mecha Tech +5

Stability: 17
Run: 15
Jump: 1.25
Leap: 3.75
Stun: 6
Lift: 60
Throw: 20
Damage: 0
EV: 4

Appearence: Loose grey cargo trousers and a black vest. Always dumbs down her looks. Wears glasses for close detail work. She doesn't need them but it helps to keep the boys away, mostly.
Gadgets: The glasses have built in macro lenses that allow her to see her circuit diagrams in heightened clarity. As she is used to working on the move it enables her to create minature technical diagrams to save space.
Two data books that never leave her side, even in the shower

From the outside: Ariana is an obbsessive engineer, always diverting her attention to her datapads to update her designs, whether she is in a cafe, in the gym or in the shower. She says little, even though people seem to gravitate toward her wherever she goes. The aura of mystery hidden within the eyes draws people like moths to the flame. She keeps people at a little distance as she can't stand the idea of hurting people's feelings.She is happy to be left alone or be part of the crowd, just don't get between her and her datapads.

What they don't know: She is very sensitive but keeps the world at a polite distance. Why? She loves her work first, Valkyries second and chocolate after that. Unless she can can take it apart, figure out how it works and make it work better, it holds little real interest.

Is she truly a machine-lover? No. When she finds the right people she connects with them instantly and holds them in the highest respect and loyalty. Once you make a friend of her, it will be for life. It takes some time for them to be shown the real girl.

Friends: Doctor Elisse Dakart, her supervisor and tutor at Eden's prime Astro-university. They treat eachother as family. Dr Dakart is the one responsible for getting Ariana the transfer to the Aviation Museum.

Rivals: Mia Allen, a senior classman at Eden AstroUni. Mia is envious of Ariana's technological destinction and was the second choice for the transfer to the Museum. The rivalry is healthy enough and has imply caused these two former friends to stop talking.

Religion: Spiritualism

Education: Highly talented Mecha engineer and designer. Superb mathematician and physicist for her age. The Macross Consortium may be interested in her development...

Hobbies: fitness, fast jet piloting. She has more commercial hours of flight time than most military pilots. Protoculture nutcase.

At work: In the Hangar she is dedicated and confident, she hates to lose to any other engineer.

In the cockpit: Out of the combat zone she is efficient and rather straight forward, has a no-nonsense attitude to flying. Not one for stunts or risks, an odd mix for an ideal test pilot in the making.

In combat: She lacks confidence in her fighting abilities but is quick to learn as she hates the notion of letting people down, particularly when lives are at stake. She suits a support role rather than a leading flight position. Heavy support and long range weapons are the best match for her piloting temprament.

Habits & Quirks: Constantly updates her work, no matter where or when, except in combat, naturally, she just thinks it instead. Never misses a chance to tinker with a Valkyrie. Never lets her stunning looks out of the bag. She is frustratingly nice to anyone in distress, she also refuses to see the point in not liking someone or not being liked, even if it is just the polite outer shell she shows th world.

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 06:50:03 PM »
Ariana Mina's background and stuff will be fine for the game.   It will be easy to explain how this intern from the Museum is ready lend a hand in a VF.   

On to Gaming Stats

For the Rookie Pilot Template you'll need to have at least Drive +1 & Stealth +1

The next Game update is expected tomorrow or Monday I think.   I don't have time to complete the character by then.  I will introduce your character on the next up
 date but the Character Sheet will come later in the week.

Offline Zhen Ji

• DeadAccount
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 10:08:58 PM »
Revised skills as requested:

Personal Grooming +1
Endurance +1
Intimidate +1
Human Perception +2
Awareness +3
Programming +1
Handgun +1
Mecha Gunnery +2
Mecha Missiles +2
Mecha Piloting +4
Aircraft Piloting +3
Basic Repair +2
Jury Rig +1
Mecha Design +5
Mecha Tech +5
Stealth +1
Drive +1

Offline Jet Jockey

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »
Approved (Mostly).