Author Topic: Black Wraiths 2 - Roland 'Roy' Saverem  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Azazel

• Hero of the MRG
  • Lt. Colonel
  • Soylent green is good for the skin.
    • View Profile
Black Wraiths 2 - Roland 'Roy' Saverem
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:52:27 AM »
Player's Name: Azazel
E-mail:

Character's Name: Roland 'Roy' Saverem

Height: 188 cm (6'3'')
Weight: 85 Kg (190lbs.)
Hair colour: White/silver. Roland's hair used to be jet black as a child, but it'd lost its colour entirely by the time he became 12 years of age. He's been told that it's a genetic foul-up of some sort given the absence of Zentraadi gene markers in his genetic structure that would help at explaining that trait of his.
Eye colour: Steel grey
Description: Roland is a 23 year old young man, slim and rugged, with the juvenile delinquent kind of good looks to him. Those've stuck with Roland despite his 'time within civilization', so to speak. He has a number of mostly minute scars on his back and torso, a by-product to the scuffles he used to get into before he was sent to live with the Dean family. Has a tattoo of a tribal design of the number '19' on his right shoulder. Not overly well-made, given the distinct lack of money to have it done in a high-end tattoo parlor -that would've rejected him due to his age at the time-, it was intended to show his allegiance to the group of kids roaming Sector 19.
Handedness: Right
Birthplace: Former Astronomical Research Space Station 'Liberty' -renamed NUNS Iridas a couple years after its being put into service. A series of armed conflicts within the Holtzmann planetary system -well within range of the station- led to it being tasked with providing the refugees with a safe heaven from increasing warfare up until the end of the conflict.
Family Origin: Human, caucasian.
Birth Order: Only child.
Family:

MAJ (Ret) Zachary Jonas (Biological Father) - 52 **Deceased**
Rei Saverem (Biological Mother) - 42 **Status and whereabouts unknown**
Steven Dean (Adopted Father) - 55
Jody Dean (Adopted Mother) - 50
           William 'Billy' Dean - 25
           Laura 'Big L' Dean - 23
           Alexa 'Lex' Dean - 22
           Colin 'Dude' Dean - 20          
           Kevin 'Wreck' Dean - 19
           Lance 'Whiney' Dean - 16
           Susan 'Tessa' Dean - 15

Who do you value most: The Dean family. He's protective of them all, but Roland has a weakspot for Tessa. She's his favourite, so to speak.
What do you value most: Good people like the Deans. They're to be protected at all costs.

Basic Personality: Roland is fiercely independent and driven, traits that translate into an air of confidence around him that some ladies have found to be appealing in the past. He's made a point out of trying his best to be mature and act responsibly at all times. He doesn't always succeed at it, but he does try.
World view: The galaxy is a place where the strongest and fittest try their best to take advantage of everyone else.
Current outlook: Things may be messy and ugly out there, but there's still some precious items worth protecting.
Likes and Dislikes:
* Likes: Living without worrying about the most petty things  -such as meals-, having to watch his own back all the time. He likes sportscars, playing the electric guitar -he's not much good at it yet- and videogames.
* Dislikes: The idea of not being able to fend for himself. It actually terrifies him. Anything he sees as hand-outs and the fake pity some people have shown him after learning of his somewhat rough background, which has led him to keep a lid on it as much as he possibly can and/or lie about it outright whenever the occassion allows for it. He also despises the feeling of being taken advantage of.
Belief System: Social Darwinism
Closest Ally or Friend: William Dean
Worst Enemy or Rival: No one in particular, actually. It could be said however that, no matter what happens -nor how clich├ęd it may sound- he doesn't want to end up like his dad, betraying what he swore to uphold. That makes his biological father his worst enemy, in a way.
Biggest Secret: Most of the skills he picked up while growing up in the 'streets', so to speak.
Character Goals:
* Short Term Goal - Fight as hard and as long as is needed of him. He wants a bit of recognition, yes, but that isn't truly needed.
* Long Term Goal - Though he would never say as much, Roland would like to do all he can (for as long as he can) to keep as most people as he can safe, then retire and move back into the civilian world and (maybe) raise a family of his own.
Reason For Joining: Roland wants to do his part to keep what he refers to as 'good people' safe and away from harm's way, so the military was an obvious step for him to take once he became of age. The months prior to his walking into the recruiting office, Roland did some research on what should he apply for within the military and chose to become a valkyrie pilot, mainly given the amount of material on their valiant exploits readily available on the net. An outdoors job suits him, as Roland has never been the type to man a desk for hours un-end.

Childhood:
--WIP--

Background:
--WIP--
He doesn't deem them as something to be shunned, but more along the lines of skills not to be used but in the most dire of circumstances. Roland has a good hand at picking pockets and knows his way around the most commonly found doorlocks, whether digital or the more old-fashioned kind. He's handy with a switchblade as well. 

If possible, I intend Roland to be the squadron's newbie (as in just having completed the sort of training necessary to be selected for the job, not as in an actual newbie that would hardly be selected for the SpecOps-type of duty) with high hopes and ideals.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:46:41 PM by Azazel »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: Black Wraiths 2 - Roland 'Roy' Saverem
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:23:00 AM »
<sigh>  Another player who can't follow instructions.  You've done everything BUT what I asked you to do.  Because of that, we both have to waste time pointing out errors and correcting them.  Now if you had done things like you'd been asked it would have saved two headaches.  >.<

It'd do you great benefit to review the other player sheets that are being created for the game.

As age is tied into experience (which is randomly rolled by the GM), 'tis best if you ignore that for the moment.

Hair colour: Zentran = male.  Zentraadi is the name of the race.  See http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Zentradi vs. http://macross.anime.net/story/zentradi_dictionary/zje_dictionary.html (though let it be known that I disagree with the romanizations, as they are not standard romanizations!)

Birthplace: needs elaboration.  What is it?  (structure)  Where is it?  (orbiting what planet)  Why is it a refugee shelter?  (information that shouldn't be here, but in the background).  Idealy, this should end up: "Astronomical Research Station "Liberty"/UNS Iridas orbiting ### planet".  Though, typing that brings up a new question: why UNS?  First, it should be NUNS.  Second, what roll does the Space Forces have with it?  Wouldn't it be a NUN Government operation?

Family origin = race.  As in human.  Therefore "human, caucasian".

Birth order: "only child"  The other information can be covered in family (ie: natural parents) and childhood.

Extended family information = family?  Standardization is used for a reason >.<

Basic personality: short-fused is somewhat dangerous for a person put into high pressure, tense situations, no?  Yoshimoto would have found another pilot because of it.  Pls change.

Biggest secret: first line, ok.  The rest? Belongs in background.

Reason for joining: needs more.  Specifically why he opted for VF training.

I'll appreciate that this is a work in progress, but pls follow instructions from now.  We'll proceed not when you've completed these edits (though doing them would be helpful), but when you've completed what you were asked to do when you were given permission to start a character.

Offline Azazel

• Hero of the MRG
  • Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 11:49:13 PM »
Sketchley - Okay, I've made the changes you suggested. Next step would have me elaborating on his background, but I'd like a provisional approval if you don't mind.

Cheers!

- A.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 12:05:55 AM »
Hmmm....

the part about how he picked up lock picking and fancy knifework will have to be explained.  Troubled youth?

As for the newbie... the game background (read it?) requires that pilots be a bit more than just having enough of the right training.  There's nothing wrong with being the "youngest" and/or "least experienced" of the squad, but neither of those terms imply "bare minimum".  The game's actually gone another route: he's one of the best of the rest; and that rest was handpicked for their better-than-average skills and abilities (this is deliberately left undefined.  Sure, there's the nuance of piloting skill, etc.; but there's also a strong sense of being able to mentally and physically handle the riggers of travelling not only forwards and backwards in time, but also to alternate realities; perhaps even parallel dimensions!)

So yeah, the proposal needs a bit more refining, but it's an interesting start.

Offline Azazel

• Hero of the MRG
  • Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 12:05:39 AM »
Alright. Thank you for the input, and I'll be making the necessary corrections ASAP. I'm a bit tied up with a project at the moment, however, so it may be a couple days more before I can spare the time to actually get them done.

In all honesty, I created Roland for another game, so it's been more about adapting his sheet to the Black Wraiths' universe than creating one on the fly. ^^;;

Cheers!

- A.

Offline Azazel

• Hero of the MRG
  • Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
Okay... not to sound like a broken record, but I'll be doing the necessary mods as soon as I get back home tomorrow since I'm on the road at the moment.

Cheers!

- A.

Offline Azazel

• Hero of the MRG
  • Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 01:08:33 AM »
Blargh. Okay, I've not forgotten about Roland. RL's making things difficult and posting on Chaerilidae's been taking up pretty much all the free time I've managed to muster up as of now.

If I don't have a reply up my wednesday, June 30th, I'll be withdrawing my app to the BW. I won't hold things back any further.

Cheers!

- A.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 02:15:09 AM »
Actually, you're not holding back the game.  Take your time.