Author Topic: VIFA-3 BW2 Mission 2: ZeroM  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: VIFA-3 BW2 Mission 2: ZeroM
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 09:10:43 AM »
OOC: 1 week, no post from Halley?!

Time since Sheik Yer-bootii took control: 28 days
2008.09.##; 18:00-18:30
Earth - en route to SDFN-8, behind the moon
Stealth Variable Carrier Ragnarok's mess hall

"OH! AH!!! *HACK COUGH*  NO MAAM!  *COUGH* I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! AH!!!" He looks a bit nervous and anxious, and pounds on his chest for the beer to go down. "ahhhhhh..."

Yamato grins and chuckles when Donner chokes on the beer.  She slides him another two.

She then notes Archer not drinking nor talking.  With a feigned anger on her brow, she stands up, quickly steps behind him, and pulls his beer to his mouth.  If he doesn't open his mouth, and start swallowing, he's going to have a beer shower!

As she does this, she shouts out a drinking song, "nonde, nonde!  Nonde, nonde!"*

* ??????????????

Xantho Poressa
Deep Space - deep in the Great Gulch

Kavryn remembers that Cassel's VF-27 is floating 'nearby' and that it looks like it's in significantly better condition than the remains of her SV-51.

She swims toward it, pulling Cassel along behind her.

They arrive at it, and with a bit of struggle, she manages to keep ahold of both Cassel and the VF-27, while pressing the security keypad to open the cockpit.

She pushes Cassel into the seat, before quickly following him and sealing the canopy.  As they bounce off of the seat, back toward space, the closing canopy catches them, and keeps them inside the cockpit.

With two people, the cockpit is cramped, but given their relationship, Kavryn is more than comfortable.  She begins refilling the cockpit with air and straps Cassel to the seat.

She notices something - there's a hissing sound!  Air is leaking out of the cockpit!

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
Time since Sheik Yer-bootii took control: 28 days
2008.09.##; 18:00-18:30
SDFN-08 Fokker

The Ragnarok docks with the SDFN-08, and the Black Wraiths disembark and are taken by armoured vehicle through the city to the elevators that lead up to the UNI section located under the  bridge.

Once there, Major General Yoshimoto berates Colonel Yamato for getting drunk before the mission debriefing.

They are dismissed as the SDFN-08 begins accelerating away from it's position behind the moon, and then enters a space fold.

Despite her attempts to fix the leak, there's nothing Kavryn can do.  The cockpit never gets pressurized enough to let her open Cassel's suit and perform proper first aid on him.  The only good thing about the coldness is that it'll help him survive longer until help arrives.

Kavryn then turns her attention to self-rescue.  Looking around outside and with sensors, she detects nothing.  There is nothing nearby.

She flips on the emergency transponders in the off chance that a passing ship will pick up the signal and come to help.

Seconds become minutes.  Minutes become hours.  It looks like the end.

With a blindingly bright flash, the SDFN-08 defolds a half-parsec away.  Bridge operator Duquesne detects the VF-27's transponder, and informs the Captain, Vice-Admiral Alistair.  He immediately orders the ship to fold to the source.

In good time, the damaged VF-27 is picked up, and Kavryn and Cassel are brought inside to receive emergency medical care.  Everyone is surprised to find Cassel with Kavryn; despite the miraculous nature of finding Kavryn so quickly.  It's like a double take on a person already surprised.

In short order, Cassel is brought out of a harmful coma and is in a healthy coma (no risk of imminent death).  He is put into intensive care, along with Kavryn.

Kavryn has some frostbite on her ears and fingers, as well as a lot of popped capillaries in her ears, and especially eyes.  Sadly, it looks like the cataracts are here to stay.

SDFN-08 Fokker

Nursing some strong hangovers, Yamato drives Archer, Donner and Laframboise to the hospital that Kavryn's at.  She drops them off, and before she drives off, she mumbles something about feeling guilty about what she did to Kavryn during the mission.

Entering the hospital room, they see a severely banged and bruised Kavryn, wrapped in white bandages, sitting up in bed, and smiling weakly at them.

Yoshimoto sits in his office, replaying Cassel's VF-27's flight data recorder - specifically the sequence between when the Black Samba defolded with him at Sheik Yer-bootii's secret base in an asteroid field, and when Cassel's VF-27 faded away.

Yoshimoto bangs his fist on the intercom.  "Get me Bones and Oh-hura, ASAP!"

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
  • Luck is one of my skills!
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8926537&Mytoken=20
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 12:10:02 AM »
As they're leaving the mission debriefing he makes a lowkey comment, "I sure could use a few more beers...I still feel like celebrating myself. That victory over the Black Mamba felt great."
If mice could swim they would float with the tide and play with the fish; Down by the seaside, the cats on the shore would quickly agree.

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »
"I understand you, but this time, i sure hope someone will not try to drown me with beer when i'm thinking about what to say in a message home..."

=/\= At the hospital =/\=

"Major Kavryn! Are your alright? We where worried sick about you! Is Major Cassell will be alright? We did it Ma'am! we shoot the Black Samba! it was hard, but we did it!"
"You know you got a Good Variable Fighter when you have so much weapons that you don't have enought fingers to press all the triggers in same time!"

- A Test Pilot on New Edwards Base

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 12:35:42 PM »
SDFN-08 Fokker

"Major Kavryn! Are your alright?"

Kavryn smiles weakly at the two pilots.  Her cataracts are obscuring her normally sharp and piercing gaze.  She then shakes her head back and forth to indicate no.  "I'll be lucky to fly again," she says quietly.

"We where worried sick about you! Is Major Cassell will be alright?"

Kavryn's ears perk up a little.  "Y... yes.  He... survived."  Kavryn thinks carefully about the next word to say, "... but he's in worse shape than I am... Dr. Vhil told me that he... won't be coming out of a coma for the next few days, as his body has to heal from the exposure to hard vacuum.  Ernest (the doctor's first name), also said that I need to recover, too, by then, so that I can help Major Cassel when he's brought out of his medically induced coma..."

"We did it Ma'am! we shoot the Black Samba! it was hard, but we did it!"

Kavryn's face breaks into a smile.  Her eyes dance between the two, and the lack of focus on either one's face implies that she can't see more than vague shapes through the cataracts.  "Congratulations!  I hope that there wasn't much left of it when you were finished with it?"

Yoshimoto looks up as Bones and Oh-hura step into his office.  "Leonard, Nyota, take a look at these."  Yoshimoto indicates to datapads on the edge of his desk.

Bones and Oh-hura pick them up and see images from Cassel's VF-27 when it was at the entrance to Sheik Yer-bootii's asteroid base.

"This is priority number 1 for Unified Intelligence.  Compare it to all the star charts in our databanks."

"Roger!", "Yes sir!" the two reply, before heading out to their respective intelligence teams.

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »
"I'll be lucky to fly again,"

"I know they'll heal you. I don't know if the medical science is as good on Zolan then on human but i'm sure they will be able to get you back in a cockpit."

"Y... yes.  He... survived... but he's in worse shape than I am... Dr. Vhil told me that he... won't be coming out of a coma for the next few days, as his body has to heal from the exposure to hard vacuum.  Ernest also said that I need to recover, too, by then, so that I can help Major Cassel when he's brought out of his medically induced coma..."

"I'm sure you've come back from worst then that. If i remember ther old Black Wraith Files, you two pass trough time and dimentions and survive, this shoulkd be nothing to you!"

"Congratulations!  I hope that there wasn't much left of it when you were finished with it?"

"Nothing left at all! understandable when you hit something with 16 missiles! It was a giant explosion! I'm not even sure there was dust!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 03:46:33 AM by Halley »
"You know you got a Good Variable Fighter when you have so much weapons that you don't have enought fingers to press all the triggers in same time!"

Offline Dyson

• Lt. General
  • Luck is one of my skills!
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8926537&Mytoken=20
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 04:25:08 PM »
Donner grinned, "He's right...we gave it everything we had! Not only was there no dust left, but it was disentigrated! haha!" He gave Archer a pat on the shoulder.
If mice could swim they would float with the tide and play with the fish; Down by the seaside, the cats on the shore would quickly agree.

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
"Yup! I sure hope we will have a shore leave after that so that i can go see my family! I'm so worried! now if you excuse me, i have something important to do. Major, keep fighting! I'm sure you and Cassel wil be okay! Take this at a longely merited vacation! bye!"

The pilot get out and find a comfortable place to wait for the other and write a message to the communication center to ask when it will be possible to messages home. Then, he beguin to write a letter.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2010, 11:55:10 AM »
SDFN-08 Fokker

"Nothing left at all! understandable when you hit something with 16 missiles! It was a giant explosion! I'm not even sure there was dust!

Kavryn smiles weakly.  A great weight appears to have lifted off of her shoulders...

... only to be replaced by intense exhaustion.  She excuses herself, and the two pilots leave the hospital.

Donner sits near Archer when Archer starts writing.  Both of them have a nagging feeling that all isn't right.  There hasn't been an announcement that time has been restored.

Just after Archer starts writing the letter, the Black Wraiths receive a page telling them to head to Major General Yoshimoto's office right away.