Author Topic: VIFA-3 BW2 Mission 3: Sevens full of Hearts  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: VIFA-3 BW2 Mission 3: Sevens full of Hearts
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 01:08:56 PM »
Deep Space -
City 7 - Akusho Emigrant Colony Capsule

Black Wraiths' Base Camp

Donner watches quietly as Lovelock and the girl move out of sight.

Fire Bomber's apartment building is quiet after they leave.

A few Streets Over: Laframboise & Tyrell

Tyrell spots a 4 m long length of cable hanging on the side of the apartment building.  He grabs it, and pulls it off.  It falls, rather badly, on him.  Luckily, Laframboise is too busy watching the Baroota Vampire to have noticed it.

He then catches up with her, as he loops the impromptu lasso around his arm partially in preparation, and mostly to keep it off the ground and away from his feet.

Laframboise notes the coiled rope, and whispers, "good idea."

The vampire heads behind a building on the opposite side of the street.

Laframboise then dashes across the street.  As Tyrell catches up, Laframboise grabs her gun by the barrel, then says, "I'll knock him out with this."

The vampire is about 5 m away, down a wide alley.

City 7 - Yamato and Archer

"Here. Just act as my superior checking if the job is done well. I'll do the job on a terminal if there's one free. If not, i'm gonna improvise with my laptop."

Yamato nods in understanding as she takes the datapad.

Their security passcards and codes work, and they open the door.  Inside, the center of the room is full of a jumble of wires and computer components that blocks the view of the opposite side of the room.  There are a handful of computer consoles around the edges of the room, and more then half of them have an engineer sitting in front of it, checking code and debugging.

No one looks up or gives any indication that they noticed the door enter and the two entering.

Yamato and Archer head to the nearest unoccupied terminal - which is the one closest to the door.  Archer sits, and Yamato stands behind him.

Archer's first plan of attack works, and he starts to download the data.  Yamato looks busy by being busy.  As there's a lot of data, the download takes a long time.

Midway through, a tech from the other side of the room comes over and says, "hi.  I'm Jed.  I haven't seen you two in here before.  Are you new here?"

Yamato replies, "we're from Bolognese 01.  I'm Black, and this is White."

"Oh," says Jed.  There's a faint sign of recognition of the ships name.  He glances at the screen.  "What're you doing?" he asks Archer.  Yamato freezes.

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 12:17:11 PM »
"hi.  I'm Jed.  I haven't seen you two in here before.  Are you new here?"
Wolfie Was so focussed on his work that he didn't even notice the tech coming near them. He was about to to react normally and awnser him like a new guy and talk of everything when he froze: He wasen't supposed to be here, not only in this room but in this time frame! Maybe they could talk computers stat but they had 20 years of computer evolution between them! Sweating bullets, Wolfie was about to soy something with a nervous voice when Yamoto reply normaly:

"we're from Bolognese 01.  I'm Black, and this is White."
The Technician of the Black wraith squadron was only one time more happy to have Yamato with him, and it was when she block the path of the black samba on their previous mission. The burden literally lift from his shoulders like a storage lift getting a pallet off his back. The guy react from the shit name with a small "Oh,"  Then he get a look at Wolfie's screen:

"What're you doing?" He ask.

Crap.

What was he doing right now? The hidden download and the server connection to a random post on the Battle 7... Yamato dosen't even understand what he was doing, so he had to reply, but he can't techno-babble a tech, he will see throught his lies... How could he explain a server connection test that was not really ordered by standart way... The only way this kind of test can be ordered by other was from a... OF COURSE!!!! Now he know what to say!

Archer Made a big sigh: "As you can see, i'm totally wasting my time."

Yamato was probably swating bullet after this sentence, but it was part of the role he was playing: The tired repair guy.

"Some big brass have some problems accessing his data and he ask for a total server connection test of his section! Look at that: (He point his screen where we can see a good ping result) This connection is excellent, the wiring is military grade, the equipment in perfect condition... The guy is probably overloading his box or he got a spyware or something like that... Anyway, Procedure is that we double-check (look at Yamato and nod) just to be sure everything is alwright. (He made another sigh and look back at Jed) And you, what are you doing here in computer paradise?"
"You know you got a Good Variable Fighter when you have so much weapons that you don't have enought fingers to press all the triggers in same time!"

- A Test Pilot on New Edwards Base

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 01:11:09 PM »
Deep Space -

Black Wraiths' Base Camp

Donner continues watching Fire Bomber's apartment.  Nothing happens.

City 7 - Yamato and Archer

"As you can see, I'm totally wasting my time."

Jed blinks a bit at Archer's bluntness.  But the more Archer talks, the more of a look of recognition appears on Jed's face.

(...) And you, what are you doing here in computer paradise?"

Jed sneaks a look at Yamato.  "Waisting my time, too."

Jed sneaks another look at Yamato before giving Archer another quick once over.  He has a questioning look in his eyes, and Archer's blank reaction to it seems to give him an answer.

Jed looks at Yamato intently.  "Say... I was wondering, if you aren't busy with ..."

Yamato cuts him off, "no."

Jed continues, "... what about Fri..."

"Uh-uh", Yamato tersely replies.

"Next week ..." Jed tries to continue

Yamato just holds up her hand to tell him to stop, and shakes her head to say no.

Jed loses interest and meekly heads back to his terminal.  One of the other technicians who was watching the exchange chuckles at Jed's misfortune.

Archer finishes the download a few minutes later, and they start to return.

A few Streets Over: Laframboise & Tyrell

Laframboise begins to move into the alley when Tyrell pulls her back.  He steps forward with the lasso ready, but accidentally steps on a broken light-bulb.

The vampire whirls at the sound, and it's visor opens up.  Before Tyrell can take two steps, the spiritia absorption beam shoots out, and hits him in the forehead.  He feels his life energy being sucked out of him, and the last thing he vaguely experiences is his body collapsing forward.

Black Wraith's Base Camp

Some time later, Tyrell comes to.  He is wearing a pair of headphones that are blasting out one of Nekki Basara's more popular tunes.  He is weak, and groggy, and has only enough strength to reach up, and pull the headphones off of his ears.

Donner is crouched by the window, still looking at Fire Bomber's apartment.

Nearby, Yamato and Archer are talking with Laframboise.  Laframboise is answering, "... and that's when he was hit by the vampire's spiritia absorption beam.  I fired a couple of shots at the vampire, and I think I hit it in it's arm, as it quickly dashed away.

That's when I dragged Tyrell out of the alley, and carried him back here.  Donner," she jacks her thumb in his direction, "suggested the music, and he's being slowly gaining strength since then."

Yamato rests her forehead on her right hand briefly and lets out a long sigh.  She then looks at Tyrell, and upon seeing that he's awake, there's a bit of a reduction of the tension on her brow.

Laframboise asks, "how'd the mission go?"

Yamato points at the electronics Archer is carrying, "we got it."  She then looks at Tyrell with a concerned face, before asking everyone, "what do you think we should do about that vampire?  Let it be, or go after it?"

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
  • dare you look at my avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »
Tyrell was still groggy from his misfortunate escapade, He couldn't really remember much of it, he had this annoying feeling niggling at the back of his mind but wasn't sure what it was. Then it hit him like a sledgehammer, Firebomber, He never did like their music.

"what do you think we should do about that vampire?  Let it be, or go after it?"

This perked his interest, not really caring if he spoke with his accent or not at this time, he just muttered, "I want the son of a bitch."

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »
City 7 - Computer room

When Jad looked at him after having looked at Yamato, He didn't quite get it. But when he talked to her, wolfie thinked: " didn't he... No... NO FUCKING WAY!" And for the rest of the time they where in the computer room, he had a big smile on his face and sometime look at Yamato, restraigning himself to not laugh. Finally, the download finished and he checked the data, then unplug the HDD and unlog the terminal He let his leader go out first just to give a thumb up with a winked smile to the other tech who giggle again.

Black Wraith's Base Camp

"how'd the mission go?" ask Mindy

"we got it." Yamato awnsered pointing Wolfie's case. he began to unpack to transfer the precious data on his computer to make a comparison analysis and add to his friend:

"Yup. Wasen't so hard, but Hell that it was stressfull. And Mindy, Nobody knew that but Yamato is a Fucking Mata-hari! She totally Seduce a man Just in front of me!" he said with a big smile.

"what do you think we should do about that vampire?  Let it be, or go after it?"

"I want the son of a bitch."

"we can't leave this thing in here if it's didn't supposed to be here." The tech add, aknowledging the cowboy. "Maybe i can modify a portable sensor for spiritia detection: They probably collect spiritia so they will be in possession of large quantity of it, and they probably chasing it so either way, they will be near a good source of spiritia. Plus, maybe it could help us find Basara, since he's always producing it..."
"You know you got a Good Variable Fighter when you have so much weapons that you don't have enought fingers to press all the triggers in same time!"

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 01:33:21 PM »
Deep Space -

Black Wraiths' Base Camp

"I want the son of a bitch."

Laframboise chuckles, then says,"I've got a new name for you, farmer... 'John Deere, vampire hunter!'"  She laughs out loud.

"Take it easy, cowboy," Yamato says, as she leans over Tyrell and puts a hypospray on his neck.  As the jet injector fires into Tyrell, he hears Yamato say, "you need to rest more, son," highlighting the almost 30 year age gap between them.

Tyrell quickly succumbs to the medicine, and falls asleep.

"we can't leave this thing in here if it's didn't supposed to be here.  (...)  maybe it could help us find Basara, since he's always producing it..."

Yamato mulls over Archer's input for a moment.  She then points a finger at him, "make it.  Give me some options.  Just keep in mind that maybe the vampire is supposed to be here."

Yamato turns to Donner and Laframboise.  "Donner, you get some shut eye.  Laframboise, you stand watch.  Wake me in 3 hours."

She unfolds her sleeping bag along the edge of a wall, and quickly falls asleep inside of it.

Deep Space -

Archer finishes his jury-rigged spiritia detection device out of parts from his electronics kit, VF, and a few electronic wires and doodads that he found lying around in the apartment building.  He's fairly certain that he's got a working detector, but there's a nagging feeling that he's overlooked one or two important things.

He figures the detector has a 250 m range, and tells Yamato that.

About the time that Archer finishes, Tyrell wakes up.  He's pretty much fully recovered.  Well, except for the stiffness in his muscles from lying down for more than 24 hours, and his ears hurt from the headphones that were playing Fire Bomber music at a somewhat loud volume the entire time.

Yamato notes Archer's description of the detector and the awakening of Tyrell.  She asks the two of them, "where do you want to start searching for the vampire... and will that machine really detect Basara?  Donner says that he hasn't shown up at the apartment since we arrived."

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
Wolfie present his detector to Yamato: "Okay, first you gotta know that is VERY far from military grade: It will work, but it will not tolerate too much stress or hit. I'ved triangulate a 250m maximum range. Sorry for the color of the casing, i took it from a javelisant bottle..."

Yamato nod this information affirmatively. then ask: "where do you want to start searching for the vampire... and will that machine really detect Basara?  Donner says that he hasn't shown up at the apartment since we arrived."

"I don't know... If i remember the file, they where hided in a forest... if we had a hovercar, maybe we could scan the forrests by quadrilaterating and flying over it?"

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »
Deep Space -
City 7 - Akusho Emigrant Colony Capsule >>> Large Park

"I don't know... If i remember the file, they where hided in a forest... if we had a hovercar, maybe we could scan the forrests by quadrilaterating and flying over it?"

"Sounds good to me," Yamato says.  "Wheels would be nice, but we have to minimize our impact on this part of the time-line.  So... no taxis or renting or stealing a ride.  We head out on foot."

They travel from the Akusho Capsule to the park in the rear of the City ship.

After searching in a grid-like pattern on foot for 4 hours, Yamato calls for a break.  Sitting down next to Archer, Laframboise asks, "is that thing working?" as she points at Archer's spiritia detector.

He fiddles with it, and to the best of his knowledge, it's working.  He says as much to the others, but there's now a nagging bit of doubt implanted in his mind.

Yamato, who had been watching the exchange while keeping one eye on Tyrell -- who was more exhausted than the rest because his spiritia was drained earlier -- asks, "what say you to calling it a day?  We still have a few more days to locate Basara before the attack occurs, and I'd prefer if we are at our best when that happens."

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
"what say you to calling it a day?  We still have a few more days to locate Basara before the attack occurs, and I'd prefer if we are at our best when that happens."

Tyrell Looks back at her and gives a small grin, "I'm game if you are."

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 12:14:59 PM »
"is that thing working?"

"Of course it work! see:" (pointing the device on them:) "this is us! And then..." (pointing the device at Yamato) "This is..." (nothing appear on the sensor) "huh?"

Wolfie point another time at them and see the group formed of him, Mindy and Tyrell and see the reaction on the screen and the meter react at a certain level, then point it again on Yamato to see no reaction

"Oh, Crap... Damn-it! The sensor is misaligned on the thermic recognition module! I only detect massive spiritia reaction, not single entity! I'll try to make the adjustment..."

He unclip his belt toolbag, extract a screwdriver and began to work on his sensor.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »
Deep Space -
City 7 - Large Park

"I'm game if you are."

Yamato nods, then looks at Archer, waiting for his response.

"Oh, Crap... Damn-it! The sensor is misaligned on the thermic recognition module! I only detect massive spiritia reaction, not single entity! I'll try to make the adjustment..."

Yamato rolls her eyes and is visibly impatient as she looks around, glancing at Archer's progress every so often.

After a few minutes, Archer realizes that he can't fix the device with the tools that he has, and says as much to Yamato.

Yamato simple points in the direction of Akusho, and says, "you heard the man."  She then starts leading them back to their base camp.

Akusho Emigrant Colony Capsule

Back at camp, Yamato tells Donner to cook their food.  She then checks the camera that they had left recording Fire Bomber's apartment building - there's been no activity.

Laframboise sits down next to Tyrell, giving him a plate with curry and rice.  She's got her own, and slowly starts eating it.

"You feeling better?"  She starts.  "I feel bad that I let the bastard zap you..."

Archer is busy on the device.  He's tried to fix it, but whatever the problem is, it keeps alluding him.  He thinks that he might be able to figure it out if he just keeps working away at the problem overnight.  On the other hand, he is extremely tired, and knows that if he works through the night, he'll probably need to sleep part of the day away - and Yamato will most likely be pissed about that.

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 05:15:34 PM »
The sensor wasen't misaligned.
The thermic recognition module was working well.
The wireriiing was in good state and the cables well plugged.

"So what's the god damned problem with you, crappy byproduct of my tortured mind?" Wolfie said to his dismantled spiritia sensor. He autorised himself a pause to drink a sip of tea then looked back at his diagnostic computer's screen; Letters began to appear blurred. He try to clean his glasses then he realised that it was more because he was VERY tired.

"I'm calling off for the night. I'll repair that thing tomorow. after all, as mom always say: It's always better to sleep on it."

After a small plate of food, he install himself on his slepping bag for the night.

Next morning, he wake up and get a look at his sensor:

"Of course!!! the data analyser module! Let me see if... Ah-ha! a frozen solden! That make the solenoid unable to transmit the right eneygy level to the flux capacitor!"

and he began to work with a toast in his mouth.

Offline hegemon

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
"You feeling better?"  She starts.  "I feel bad that I let the bastard zap you..." As tyrell takes the plate of food off her and meekly smiles at her. He takes afew mouthfuls as he composes an answer in his head, "Yeah, Feeling better thanks. Dont worry about it, if ya fall off ya horse ya meant to climb right back in the saddle."
He plays with the rice for a minute, forking it from side to side, he notices the techie playing playing with his little toy, 'what a waste of time' he thinks to himself.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »
Deep Space -

"Yeah, Feeling better thanks. Dont worry about it, if ya fall off ya horse ya meant to climb right back in the saddle."

Laframboise nods.  She notes Tyrell glancing at Archer.  "We'd better get some rest.  Looks like he's going to be spending the rest of the trip working on that thing... and I for one don't want to become his gopher on that project!"

Everyone wakes up refreshed the next day (Tyrell has completely recovered).  Yamato assigns random tasks to keep everyone busy while Archer works on the device; such as watching Fire Bomber's apartment block, sentry duty, and finding discarded mattresses to put under their sleeping bags to make their stay just a little bit more comfortable.

Laframboise and Tyrell are off looking for discarded mattresses, when she asks, "so... cowboy, you've got a girl waiting for you back home?"

Archer manages to make the device work.  But, not exactly how he intended.  It only detects major spiritia energy blobs, and not individual people - and it only detects in a 30 degree cone from the front of the device.

After realizing that the first readings are not an error, like all of yesterday's readings, he plays with the device, and realizes that it's detecting a large spiritia source in Fire Bomber's apartment building.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:48:05 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Halley

• Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 02:43:21 PM »
Finally, it was working at it's best, witch is not exactly as much he hoped.

The fact was that his plans where correct, as much as his program, or the way he put the parts on. The problem was the problem was the parts: he needed a precicely aligned Flux capacitor to a Helicoidal sensor dish that could only be made in a laboratory or a Tree star class factory. What he had was the best he could do.

At least, it was working.

Next mission he will ask the group to be equiped with spiritia detection devices. and on the VF too.

Again, he closed the casing with duck tape and set it on, baguining a scan on the sourrounding.

And he found something.

"OH-Ho!!! Find the Break and stop the train: I think we got a winner; Major spiritia reaction from the Fire-Bomber building Ma'am! I think the're finally home."