Author Topic: Episode 1: Rendezvous Rondo  (Read 4694 times)

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
Episode 1: Rendezvous Rondo
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:10:40 AM »
Darmstadt II
Sun: K1III (Orange Giant, 1/10th towards Red)
Type: Hot Desert
Moons: None
Gravity: 1.1
Atmosphere: Oxygen, Thick

Evidence suggests that Darmstadt II was a temperate water world when its sun was younger. As the sun began expanding, entering the first stages of going red giant, Darmstadt II found itself too close to its primary.

Darmstadt II is now an arid desert, with the equatoral belt too hot to sustain human life outside of protected habitats. Temperatures become bearable nearer the poles. A series of meteor impact craters litter near the southern pole, and there the first colonists landed to mine the rich veins.

The topography varys greatly, from vast flat sea beds to deep canyons cut by now boiled rivers. There is sufficient oxygen in the atmosphere to be breathable, but the millions of megatons of water in the air take some time to get acclimated with. Nights are met with clock-work like precision torrential downpours.

The many canyons and the inhospitable temperatures make Darmstadt II a good place to hide inoucious equipment such as shuttles and Golems from persuing authorities. Although the crater mining operations did not turn up the desired rare metals prospectors hoped for, mining of more mundane metals continue and numerous small mining operations litter the craters.

There are two main "cities," Gissen and Erfurt on opposite ends of the Crater Plains. Both are frequented by the miners for news, entertainment, and to sell their digs.

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 1: Rendezvous Rondo
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:13:33 AM »
The pilot methodically went over the re-entry checklist as Darmstadt II grew larger in front of him. He glanced behind him to ensure his passengers were all firmly strapped in for the bumpy ride.

Kotik had shuttled his fair share of characters, but this one was by far the strangest. One was dressed as a religious man, probably Aesis, but nothing about his eyes showed a trace of piety. Another was equally grim, a vicious scar running down from his jaw to collar. Kotik wondered how he had survived such an injury, but never could muster the courage to ask. The guy was huge! Kotik imagined he'd have nightmares of those large hands popping his head like a ripe tomato for quite some time.

The third would have been strange in and of itself - a female among such company. But this was no ordinary female, but a sublime beauty scarce believed possible to exist in this mortal coil. The entire port quite litterally stopped to gaze upon her as she entered to board.

She chatted quietly with several seated around her vieing for her attention. They were part of her most peculiar profession: a mobile repair shop.

Kotik slowly shook his head and turned to view the planet's rapid growth. When you've flown from one end of the galaxy to the other, you've think you've seen it all. Then fate brings along something to smack you upside the head.

Hard.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:44:39 AM by kuro_zero »

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 07:38:35 AM »
[OOC - Here we go! Finally, I suppose. I plan to preface each episode with a small narrative - hopefully to add some color and perspective to the surroundings.

Everyone
You are all in a shuttle making final approach to Darmstadt II. There is perhaps an hour before re-entry, after which conversation will be impossible. Introduce your characters at least if not to each other and I will need to know what equipment everyone plans on bringing/carrying with them. The plan is to land you all about 100 klicks from the rendezvous point and you will approach in your Golems. Kasey's mobile shop will stay with the shuttle and be dropped off in Erfurt for refueling and prep for return orbit.

Dunstig
There is a 4-wheel ATV type vehicle for you to use as your Golem is at the meeting point. Any equipment and weapons you want will also be picked up there.

*EDIT* Map removed due to update. Same area but need to make slight changes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:01:40 PM by kuro_zero »

Offline aythati

• Hero of the MRG
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 01:48:18 AM »
Karl

Karl sit idle in his seat watching stars pass by. This was not his first choice of work, especially the no details until acceptance clause. It is always better to have a good idea of what he is getting into. The status of his bank account gave him little choice however.

He knew one other person on the shuttle, Kasey. Karl planned on going over the maintenance for his Golem with him before the landing, but did not wish to fight through Kasey's devotees just to get a word in. He adjusts his templar robe and gets him self more comfortable for the re entry.

OOC:
Karl is 5'10 with a slim build, he has reddish brown hair and hazel eyes. He wears a battered templar robe, and has no weapons on his persons. His sword, sidearm, survival/travel pack and armor is checked in with his luggage.

Karl is bringing in some first aid and survival gear and some ammo for his side arm. And a set of the holy text of his church, each hollowed out and filled with grenades.

Offline reustle

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »
Dunstig:

Sitting nervously in his seat, he thinks about what happened in the past few months and wonders how he got the skills he has.
His final thoughts before touch down, "First job since the base, lets not screw it up".

OCC
He stands 6' 11.5"
Long Straight Blue Hair(1/2 way down his back), Blue Eyes, Scar from the Jaw bone to the collar bone   

His gear
basic clothing, 2months wages for a laborer, small back pack, 2 small multi function pocket knifes, canteen and a week of MRE's.
Life is to short, don't like me then BYTE me.

Offline sanpo

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:52:49 AM »
Kasey

Kasey seating working on note pad order supply for the mobile repair shop.  Talk with worker and admirer. 

OOC:
Kasey is 5' 9 with long platinum blonde hair tied up and green eyes.  Wearing dark purple leather body suit with high heel boots.  What look like a long black silk around the waist and a long red coat with silver lining.    No weapons but a whip. 

Kasey is bringing in some first aid, survival gear and makeup kit.

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
Karl and Dunstig

After a bumpy ride down, the transport lands in a wide, flat bowl, possibly a dried out lake. After unloading the Golems and ATV, the pilot approaches the two of you and hands Karl a small data crystal.

"Can't seem to get a word in with the little miss," he gestured his head towards Kasey. His breath was slow and shallow, getting acclimated to the heavy atmosphere. "Secure comm frequencies and terrain data," pointing to the data crystal. "These canyons can be tricky to navigate. You got maybe an hour travel south by south-west. Night will come quick, and the rains shortly there-after. Be careful with your footing, the rocks get damn slippery."

Kasey
With separation imminent, however temporary, your crew hope to prolong the final moments of your company.

Offline aythati

• Hero of the MRG
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 01:36:22 PM »
Karl:

Karl arches an eyebrow "Really? Normally people try alot harder." The he shrugs and pockets the data cube "Well thanks for the information. I'll put it to good use". Then he walks back to the cargo hold and oversees the unloading of his equipment.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:16:04 PM by aythati »

Offline reustle

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 02:34:52 PM »
Dunstig:

Stands quietly waiting for the equipment and his effects to be unloaded.
After he gets his assigned gear and personal effects, he mounts up and waits for the rest of the group to be ready.

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 01:38:35 AM »
Karl arches an eyebrow "Really? Normally people try alot harder." The he shrugs and pockets the data cube "Well thanks for the information. I'll put it to good use"

Karl walks back to the cargo hold and oversees the unloading of his equipment.

"Well, time waits for no man. If theres anything I like more than a pretty face is money, and I got a time table to keep. Orbits wait for no man, either." He then nods a farewell and proceeds to yell at the handlers unloading the equipment, likely thinking it will speed up the process.

Offline sanpo

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 10:52:48 PM »
Kasey

Kasey standing up while giving a sign for quiet and said.  "Ok people I want My golem and equipment unloaded.  Ready to going in 10 min." while batting her eyelash. 

Kasey walks to the cargo hold to check on her golem.

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 01:57:00 AM »
Buffa, for probably the 100th time that hour, again scanned the deep ravine that marked the approach to Gissen city. Again he saw no one as he waiting behind the wheel of the Sonderkraftfahrzeug Golem Carrier. Having served his mandatory 4 years in the conscript forces, Buffa decided quickly the military wasn't for him. His obligation fullfilled, Buffa sought his fortune among the Empire's numerous stars. After so many years it felt strange sitting behind a military vehicle, although he wasn't driving it for the military.

He looked over to the passenger seat, a smile escaping his lips as he glanced at his employer. Annemarie Fischer was definitely pretty, with long blonde hair with hints of brown pulled up in a neat bun and light makeup to highlight her high cheeks and green eyes. She wore a wine colored skirted business suit and wore it well, although hardly attire appropriate for Darmstadt.

Reason Buffa smiled was not in appreciation of her beauty (well, maybe partly) but her youth. He guessed half his own age, 17 or 18 at most. Despite her mature clothes, they couldn't cover the youthful exuberance from her crystal green eyes. These she used to scan dossier files she had spread on her open briefcase. He would have guessed she had memorized in the hour they've been waiting.

He looked away as he again caught glimpes of the photos of two of the men attached to their files. Now, THOSE were military men. Whether they were in the military or not, he saw enough during his time to recognize people that seemed to eat and breathe battle. The third file had no photograph, but he assumed, whoever it was, would be like the other two.

Truth be told, he wasn't looking all foward to meeting them. At least the waiting room has a decent view, stealing a quick glance at the passenger seat.

He snapped up strait when she suddenly looked up. Pushing her glasses up her small nose, she paid him no mind but looked out strait ahead.

"They're here," she said simply, professionally. Her eyes held a complex mix of relief, anxiety, excitement, and a trace of nervousness. She opened to door to meet them, and Buffa moved, intending to follow her out.

"You'll stay in the vehicle," she said. Her green eyes were crystal clear now, with eternity behind them.

Buffa frowned. He had intended to anyway...

Offline kuro_zero

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 02:10:09 AM »
Everyone

The unload proceeds without problems, although longer than Kotik would have liked. With barely a nod in farewell, he lifts off towards Erfurt with Kasey's mobile shop.

The trip to the rendezvous spot is dull, save for a splash of rain that left as suddenly as it came. Tons of water poured down during the sudden cooling that came with the night. Your arrival is met by a shapely woman figure, the details drowned by the headlights of a large Golem carrier.

"Thank you for coming," she starts. Kasey and Karl immediately pick up the aristocratic inflection in her voice and tone. She is either noble born, or from a very wealthy family, or both. "I am Annemarie with the Factors and Rangers working for a party which wishes to remain anonymous. They would like to apologize for the lack of details pertaining this contract, however I believe you will understand when the details of our task is revealed.

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is the recovery of stolen property."

[OOC: Hehe, sorry, couldn't resist. Will refrain from such in the future - maybe...]

Offline reustle

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 06:24:41 PM »
Dunstig:

Nods, "I am ready to move out"

Offline aythati

• Hero of the MRG
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 12:07:55 AM »
Karl

Squinting his eyes against the light, Konrad trys to make out some details of the woman.
Giving up after a few moments he asks the important question.
"I just want to know one thing, how much money are you paying?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:02:11 AM by aythati »