Author Topic: Steel Valkyries OOC  (Read 6372 times)

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Steel Valkyries OOC
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2020, 04:46:08 AM »
I would have suspected that time dilation would have been an issue.

On the topic of trick shots, how come no one ran their fold generator through their Macross Cannon after Battle 7 did it? That grenade launcher effect looked like it would have been useful in a number of situations.

I will check the game post tomorrow. It is 3 am here.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2020, 04:54:39 AM »
I would have suspected that time dilation would have been an issue.

As I said, it'd have to be a predictable course.  :lol:

On the topic of trick shots, how come no one ran their fold generator through their Macross Cannon after Battle 7 did it? That grenade launcher effect looked like it would have been useful in a number of situations.

I can't remember the specifics of that scene... but maybe they decided it was too risky (for the shooter).  Or it falls afoul of the New Unified Government's restrictions on the use of weapons of mass destruction (the terminology in the Official Setting is different, but it's basic intent is that Reaction Weapons [and similar] can't be used in any situation other than ones where the survival of one's emigrant fleet is at stake [and even then, there are restrictions).

Are you also being forced to stay at home where you are?  If so, and if you've got plenty of time, would you like to RP the combat actions of Nur and Putri?  (4 actions each.  Currently moving just out of gun range, and do to the speed differences, not going to be able to catch up to the QF drones if things continue as is).

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2020, 11:00:51 PM »

As I said, it'd have to be a predictable course.  :lol:

Very.  That is, like, millions of years for anyone other than the bullet.

On a related note, here is a photograph from the space telescope of a supermassive quasar and the galaxy that orbits it:

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/5Uc8igzeoA7wTx8oCPbrQN-650-80.jpg

I can't remember the specifics of that scene... but maybe they decided it was too risky (for the shooter).  Or it falls afoul of the New Unified Government's restrictions on the use of weapons of mass destruction (the terminology in the Official Setting is different, but it's basic intent is that Reaction Weapons [and similar] can't be used in any situation other than ones where the survival of one's emigrant fleet is at stake [and even then, there are restrictions).

That was the regular UN.  They do not seem to have that restriction post-VFX-2. Pretty much everyone packs reaction weaponry and, later, Dimension Eaters.

Are you also being forced to stay at home where you are?  If so, and if you've got plenty of time, would you like to RP the combat actions of Nur and Putri?  (4 actions each.  Currently moving just out of gun range, and do to the speed differences, not going to be able to catch up to the QF drones if things continue as is).

No. We can generally come and go as we want here in Texas, USA. Outside of places like schools and such; those are closed down. I have another issue, though. There was a death in the family. That is why I didn't get to post the other day. I am somewhat occupied dealing with things surrounding that. I have actually put a hold on playing in the majority of games until that is dealt with.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:59:00 PM by InfernosCaress »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2020, 11:44:20 PM »
I understand.  Take all the time you need to deal with it.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2020, 11:58:31 PM »
I made a post for you. Now, you need not wait forever to get something.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2020, 09:08:01 PM »
Oh, is it your birthday?  Happy Birthday.  Allow me to ceremonially get off of your lawn.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2020, 08:12:02 PM »
I suggest that you look for more players to join the game. You shouldn't have to wait for me to get to feeling like playing in order to continue. There are plenty of people who hang out in that discord server.  I am sure that if you told them that you are currently out of players, someone will join.

For the record, this is not because of anything that you did or didn't do. I am not doing any RP-ing, right now.  There is a group that I have been GM-ing for about a decade and I passed that off to someone else, too.  So, don't take it personally. It is just not a good time for me.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2020, 08:10:38 PM »
After having taken a couple of months off from RPing, I am feeling much better, now. Thank you for your understanding in that, by the way.  If you want to start playing again, we can.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2020, 10:56:10 PM »
Understood.  No problems about taking the time off.  Among other things, the world is anything but normal these past few months, so it's completely understandable.

I'll get a GM post up, hopefully within the week—we're (that's Japan) is in the midst of reopening, and things are a bit confused.  For example, my kids are going to be going to school daily starting Monday, however it's only for a half day: afternoons this week, mornings the following week.  Which is a bit less confusing then the once or twice a week for a morning for the past few weeks... 😕

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2020, 11:40:26 PM »
We here in the USA are in the middle of nation-wide protests. A police officer killed a guy the other day. The guy was cooperating the officer and laid on the ground at request, but then officer put his knee on the guy's neck. The guy kept wheezing that he couldn't breathe, but the cop kept kneeling on his throat until he passed out and for, like, another seven minutes or something thereafter. Then he died. It was caught on security cameras. People here are angry, and rightly so.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2020, 07:42:30 PM »
I am moving on Saturday.  So after that, I won't have internet for a little while until I get caught up on the moving expenses.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2020, 06:21:55 PM »
My net in the new place is up now.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2020, 03:19:17 AM »
Busy, busy, busy...  I can't believe that it's been a month between posts!

I'll try to maintain the weekly posting rate from now (should be much easier, as the really time intensive combat is out of the way).

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2020, 05:38:53 AM »
These things happen. It is not like there isn't a lot of distractions going on. I mean, things are not great here in the US right about now.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2020, 06:40:47 AM »
Yeah... I've been following the news about infections gathering pace in your neck of the woods.

Stay safe, wear a mask (I know, it sucks in the heat and humidity), and do your best to stay healthy (meant in the sense of having a healthy body is one of the best defences against any virus).

Here in Osaka, there's been a bit of a resurgence, nowhere near as bad as Tokyo mind you.  But with Covid-19, there's no telling if common sense will prevail (and the infection rate goes back down), or the opposite happens, and they start closing schools again.  (>_<;)