Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 252

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 257

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 270

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 273
Howdy.

General Discussion and Recruitment Announcements > Open Discussion Board

Howdy.

(1/2) > >>

InfernosCaress:
Hello.

I'm Marc. I just joined. Buuuut it kind of looks like the board is not really active anymore. Two people, maybe? I can still say 'hi' though. So, hi.  :)

Sketchley:
Hi.

We've just restarted these boards, so traffic is still low.  However, we have high hopes that activity will increase now that Macross Delta is currently airing.

Can we interest you in the game that's just started?  There's really no better time to join a game than right at the beginning. ;)

InfernosCaress:
I am not sure what to make of Delta yet. It seems like the love-child between M7 and some Magical Girls.

---

The Steal Valkyries game? Sure, I could join in on that one. Has anyone else started a character design? I'd rather not inadvertently duplicate someone else's idea.

I GM-ed a Robotech game for a few years back when Palladium first came out with those books, so I got the basic rules down (although I am admittedly a bit rusty). Do you use any House Rules that I should be aware of other what's under Creation Notes?

--

It would be nice if more people came around. I have a couple of friends on the GameFAQs Boards that were talking about maybe doing a Macross RPG. I can see if any of them wish to join, maybe get another person or two.

---

EDIT:  I found the House Rules section of S-Stats.

I was reading through various pages (there are a lot of them). I like what you've done with the Skill Growth and the benchmark-style of physical Skills raises Attributes rather than getting them all at the beginning.

---

I was thinking that could play either:

A Meltran, which covers the small set of posted desired skills, and is the general combat-oriented character.

or

A "Spoiled Princess," which would be notably less combat-oriented but have a more social focus and could act as a front man/infiltrator.

Sketchley:
I'm also not a fan of Delta (yet).  The preview special... well, let's just say I like the universe building parts of it.

Alas, no one else has started a character for it yet.  The good news is that you're free to use any idea.

Being familiar with the Palladium game rules is helpful, but not necessary.  Have you participated in a PBP (Play By Post) RPG before?

Any players you can bring to participate, would be immensely helpful.  We could also make a space available for them to run their Macross RPG, too, if need be.

I'm glad that you found the house rules.  Some of them (the skills in particular) have been years in the making.  In addition to providing gradual attribute increases, I've also tried to incorporate non-physical attribute growth with some of the skills (Eg Tai Chi and Yoga add to ME).

Of your two character proposals (Meltran Warrior and Spoiled Princess), I think the Meltran Warrior would be a better match for the game.  You could incorporate the idea of being a spoiled girl into that.

Though, it brings up some questions:
- is she a child of pure Zentraadi that chose to live among humans?
- or is she a pure Zentraadi who chose to live among humans?  If so, why did she want to become Micronized and humanized (live among humans at least long enough to learn Valkyrie piloting skills)

InfernosCaress:
The first couple of Delta episodes are bit much. But that could just be trying to get the setting going to get it out of the way. I didn't notice a Macross number on the Battle Class ship, either. There was a city ship nearby, so it came from some colony fleet (unlike, say, the M13 Fleet).

----

Tai Chi and Yoga adding to ME makes sense. That is one of their foundations. Good call, there.

Did I see Protodeviln and Prostitute as Character Classes? That's... I bet that combination is someone's fetish.

----

I do have some PBP experience.

The most relevant being a Robotech group that used the Palladium rules. I was a member of that one, and not in charge. It ran for about half a decade or so before it died out from disappearing members (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Robotech_Strike_Force_II).

More recently, I was in a Superhero/X-Men-based game for about seven years. It's story-focused rather than die roll-focused.  Earlier this year the owner decided to quit and left the game to me to run. I moved it from the post-eating Yahoo to my own Board. We currently average about forty posts on most days. (http://s13.zetaboards.com/Xmen_Generation2/index/)

I have other experience, but I trust that will suffice as proof.  (^__^)

----

I put out some feelers. Unfortunately, due to whole licensing debacle not many people know of Macross. We'll see though. Maybe one or two will join.

EDIT:  My friend M.O. joined.  :D

-----

A Spoiled Meltran Princess would be weird. They are crafted almost exclusively with the Fast Reflexes Archetype. Not much MA coming from that. Although, if she were the self-centered/bitchy spoiled type then she wouldn't have much anyway.

Okay. I'm starting to get something.

If she were a pure bred Meltran that had been taken by one of the local warlords prior to the completion of her cloning process and raised as their daughter/right-hand, that would explain why she is not macronized, knows Zentraedi mecha (cloned memories) and Valkyries (personal experience), and explains the spoiled attitude.  It would also give the group one ally faction in the region that they could be hired by, as well as starting enemies in the warlords opposed to that faction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version