Author Topic: Eps 1.2: The Hamekahame  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Re: Eps 1.2: The Hamekahame
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »
“I’m better when I’m quipy... And it’s not like it’s slowly me down any. I can work my mouth and hands at the same time.  It’s called ‘multitasking,’ and I’m quite good at it. Thank you.”

"Whatever!" Mr. D angrily scowls when he replies.  "Just hurry up and do it!  I don't want my gonads to get irradiated by that reactor leak!"

“A fair chunk of it.  (...)  It’s better than what we had before.”

"Excellent," the Major replies in a genuinely pleased note, before he gets down to business with outlining their counterattack plan.

“We could set the SOS beacon ,and the self-destruct, and let the ship do the work for us,”

"If you don't have anything realistic to contribute, put a sock in it!" Bah grumbles.

“I also heard me, When back I talked about the damaged reactor cooling system of cargo hauler behind us. You know where that cavalry’s shots are going to go if they don’t hit us, right?”

"I doubt it," the Major says, with a thrilled grin from finally being able to test his new team in combat.  "They were dispatched to rescue it from us.  That's the one direction that they won't be firing in!"

Moments later, the Bah-Major team gets withing firing range of the approaching 6 Destroids.  They immediately break left, and fire their gunpods in the direction of the Destroids.

The Destroids have slowed down considerably, and appear to be moving into some type of firing line to counterattack.
That firing line makes them easier targets for Kaumirran and Mr. D.  As either due to the obscuring dust kicked up from the other two, the lack of radar so close to the ground, or a combination of those factors, the Destroid pilots don't appear to have realized that there is a second Valkyrie fire team rapidly approaching their left flank!

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 07:22:03 PM »
"Just hurry up and do it!  I don't want my gonads to get irradiated by that reactor leak!"

"That makes one of us." Kaumirran said as she worked. "I could think of worse things to effect with radiation poisoning. They mainly involve me. As it turned out, I was my favorite person. There really should be more of me.  I mean, there are, but not nearly enough."

The Destroids have slowed down considerably, and appear to be moving into some type of firing line to counterattack.

Kaumirran wondered why the line of defenders were leaving themselves open. It seemed like they were only interested in the Major and Bah. It was awfully convenient. That alone was a reason not to trust it. Kaumirran did not put her faith in to anything that came off as easy. Karma often found a way to take back anything that it handed up. There was probably a second team coming up from behind to kill them right now because that was how her luck usually ran.

There was no point in worry about that. She'd be dead soon enough if that were the case. Instead, Kaumirran lined up a shot. She had chosen the second Destroid from the end closest to her. There was no particular reason for it; she just liked that one. So a second after the reticle zeroed in -because she wanted to give it that extra bit of time just in case the adapted rifle was having trouble following commands- she depressed the fire button.

OOC: The niece and nephews finally went home this week. I am so exhausted. I even slept through an entire sleep period. That never happens. I usually wake up for two hours in the middle, but nope, not this time. Unfortunately, when I did get up, I had to clean the mess that they had left behind. That took right around three hours to do.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 11:09:02 PM »
As Bah and the Major begin their loop, Mr. D and Kaumirran begin their attack run.

Just as she begins lining up her shot, Mr. D lets loose with a 25 r burst at the closest - and they both watch in amazement as it is riddled with bullets, and crumples to the ground.

Kaumirran follows with a 10 r burst at the second Destroid.  It hits, and does a decent chunk of damage.

The remaining 5 Cheyenne II turn their attention on Mr. D and Kaumirran, and start lining up to shoot.  The one that she shot at misses her widely.  Both Kaumirran and Mr. D get hammered by the next two - taking significant damage.  And Mr. D trips when he attempts to dodge the shots from the fifth one - taking significant damage, and scraping along the ground.

Kaumirran has to avoid him as she moves to accelerate into the loop away from the Destroid firing line.

The Major and Bah are finishing their loop and watch the two get hammered and Mr. D go down.

"Good shooting!" The Major had initially started, followed by, "oh my gawd!  Get up D!  We've got you covered!  Kamurrian, continue the looping attack!"

The only good things about the situation was that there was no second squadron of Destroid attackers, and the Destroids weren't focused on Kaumirran... for the moment.

OOC: summer vacation for kids = busier than normal for parents.  >.<;;;
Apologies for the delay.

Regarding combat, here's a refresher: http://nomansland.site.nfoservers.com/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/index.php?topic=1613.msg23965#msg23965

I appear to have misplaced the stats for the Zentradi hand guns... so, we'll use the GU-11 stats for convenience: http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/VF-1/VF-1.php#ARMAMENTS

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2017, 08:24:59 AM »
Kaumirran had to admit that she was impressed with Mr. D's combat prowess. Well, had to admit it to herself. She was quite capable of not telling him jack. She was, however, less impressed with his ability to take a hit.

Kaumirran tilted her flight yoke to the right. The Valkyrie leaned heavily as she skimmed away from Mr. D. The wing tip nearly touched the ground for a few seconds. She spared a quick glance out of the canopy in his direction. He was still down. Not a good sign. She could fly back in that direction, use her own machine to shield him from further fire. Of course, that would put her in the path of destruction. There was not even a moment's consideration. She fully intended to get off that rock. And if he died, well, she could request a bigger share of the haul.

The Meltran returned her attention to the five Destroids. Her gut reaction was launch two dozen missiles at them and charge in while they were distracted. That was not really an option with the poor armament that she had access to. She eased off on the rapid escape, bringing her Valkyrie to more leveled stance as she resumed the figure eight pattern. Kaumirran, lacking in the missile department, instead choose to take another couple of shots with her borrowed rifle at the Destroid that she had already been picking on.

After that, she switch her aim to the next Destroid over. The Cheyenne class used wheels for most of their maneuverability. Without them, it would be significantly less dodgy. She aimed down at its foot. She squeezed off a few rounds at the tire.

Actions

1-2) Two 5-Round Bursts at the body of Damaged Destroid

3-4) Two 5-Round Burst at the Right Foot of the third Destroid

OOC: How does summer vacation work there? Here, kids get two months off these days.

I didn't forget the combat system.  I just did not have enough information to draw from.

Also, you have the machine pistol listed under here:

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/ZentraadiAerospace/NuujaderuGaa.php

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2017, 02:25:37 AM »
OOC: see OOC thread for responses.  Also, using the GU-11 stats for the Zentradi rifles for the duration of the combat (rules apply equally to all.  Even the GM :wink: ).

BIC:

'And if he died, well, she could request a bigger share of the haul.'

Moments after reaching that conclusion, another thought crept unasked into her mind: if he died, she would get a proportionally larger share.  Though, the person dividing the haul might not be as favourable if she deliberately let him die.  I wonder what their compensation is for risking your neck for a fellow crew-person is?

With echoes of 'danger pay' in her mind, she watched the battle unfold as she continued her loop.  The Major and Bah were in the middle of their attack run.

"Get on your feet, D!" the Major yelled over the radio.  "We've got you covered!  Bah!?"

"Right!", Bah curtly replied.

The Major rocketed toward the middle of the line of Destroids, with Bah hot on his heels.  The Destroids, which were moving toward Mr. D and spraying their Gatling guns wildly in his direction, had no choice but to avoid Bah and the Major's attacks when they emerged from the clouds of dust kicked up by the Valkyries, and attempt a counterattack.

"Roger!" the highly stressed and shaken voice of Mr. D comes over the radio.  Accompanying it are the random sounds of a couple of stray bullets hitting his VF.

Alas the Zentradi Beam Rifle explodes when the Major attempts to fire it!  It takes most of his Valkyrie's right arm with it, too!  The Major responds with a rather strong stream of curses that are unfit to print here.

Bah has much better luck with his gun, but alas, his target jumps out of the way.
Mr. D manages to get his Valkyrie to his feet and starts skimming away.

In the midst of the confusion, 3 of the Destroids turn, and start speeding away, towards the crashed ship.

The remaining 2 press their attack on the Valkyrie fire team.  The Major, recovering from his disaster, avoids the shots levelled at him.  Bah doesn't have to do much, as the shots against him go wide.

The Major yells enraged, and fires his Valkyrie's head lasers at the Destroid attacking him - and hits!
Bah, sensing he's the main firepower of his team, lays down a 10 r burst.  It's a major blow to the Destroid.

Mr. D manages to make his escape.  He's accelerating directly away (90 degrees from the line between the crashed ship and the enemy base), and not really focused on anything but momentary safety.

The Major continues his battle cry, and lays down a stream of laser fire from the head guns, until their capacitors are momentarily emptied.  He hits, and his combined attacks have caused a similar amount of damage as Bah's single burst did.
Bah fires a 5 r burst and connects.  Minor damage.

The Major transforms to Battroid, and charges in with a mighty chainsaw!  Perhaps out of surprise, or raw terror, the Destroid fails to avoid it, and takes the slice full on.  The attack slices one of the arms off of the Destroid.

Kaumirran completes her loop and begins her attack run.  She fires at the only Destroid with a clear shot - the one facing Bah - connects, and does minor damage.

The Major takes another swing at the Destroid, who successfully parries with its remaining arm.  The Major yells, "D!  K!  Go after those three clowns heading for the ship!"

Mr. D radios, "Roger!" and starts moving onto an angle that will see him link up with Kaumirran's intercept course.

Being so close, the Destroid fighting the Major has no choice but to punch and attempt to move backwards to gain the needed space to bring its arm guns to bare.  The Major parries it.

Bah and the other Destroid exchange shots, and both avoid the other's attack.  He also puts on the brakes and makes a tight turn to keep close enough to his target to keep its attention on him.

As Kaumirran passes, she takes another shot at Bah's opponent.  She hits, and it crumples to the ground.

One of the Destroids heading toward the ship turns and sprays bullets in Kaumirran and Bah's direction.  Kaumirran avoids being hit, but Bah doesn't - taking a bullet or two.

The Major leaps forward, lunging with his left arm's chainsaw.  The Destroid neatly avoids it.

Mr. D has the sense to resume attacking, and fires at the Destroid shooting at Kaumirran and Bah.  His shots are dodged.  Barely.

The Major's Destroid attempts to shoot at the Major again, but the Major ducks out of the way.

Bah makes a sharp turn and shoots at the back of the Major's Destroid - which somehow senses the attack, and avoids it!

Kaumirran attempts a shot at the right foot of the Destroid counterattacking her - she hits, and it stumbles.  Its wheel system is disabled.

The Major stabs at the 'heart' of his Destroid opponent, and connects.  Although it doesn't fall over, it's finished.  Hydraulic fluid splatters all over the Major's Valkyrie.

Mr. D shoots at the counterattacking Destroid, and perhaps due to stumbling, hits.  More minor damage.  "Eat lead, mo-fo!" Mr. D enthusiastically yells over the radio.

Bah levels a 10 r burst at it, and teases Mr. D over the radio, "how's that, 'mo-fo'!"

Kaumirran takes another shot at her target's right leg - and wonder of wonders, she must've hit a vital point, as the leg explodes!  In a series of chain reaction explosions, it takes the rest of the Destroid with it!  (Nat. 1 to dodge.  Feel the pain!)

The Major pauses for a moment, taking in the carnage.  Then he lifts up his Valkyrie's left leg, plants it on the chest of the Cheyenne II, and forcefully shoves it off of his chainsaw.  The broken Destroid crumples backwards, letting out sparks and a few trickles of smoke.

Bah yells, "they're almost at the ship!  Get your arses in gear!", as he lays down a stream of fire at the remaining two Destroids - who are steadily picking up speed, and increasing the gap between them and the Valkyries.  Alas, his modified Zentradi Beam Rifle jams. (Nat. 1... nasty, aren't they?).

Kaumirran's final attack goes wide of the mark.

The Major turns, and takes note of the ongoing battle.  He starts running in their direction, eventually leaping into the air, and transforming into GERWALK.

Mr. D's final shots hit, causing minor damage.

Bah curses at his misfortune, and drops the Zentradi rifle while he fires a 30 r burst from his Valkyrie's head lasers.  He hits the back of the same Destroid that Mr. D shot at, causing major damage.

The Major, now airborne, fires a 40 r spray from his Valkyrie's head lasers at the remaining Destroids.  They both avoid the long range shots.

Positioning notes: the 2 remaining Destroids are about 1,000 m ahead of the Major, and 600 m ahead of the other 3.  They are speeding toward the downed ship at a fast pace (1/2 melee acceleration).  Kaumirran, Bah, and Mr. D are all skimming along the ground in GERWALK.  The Major, in GERWALK, is currently 'flying' about 10 m in the air.

OOC: I kinda forgot how deadly my modified rules are.  LOL

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2017, 03:17:18 PM »
"Roger!" the highly stressed and shaken voice of Mr. D comes over the radio.

So many people shouting encouragement to the downed man. It was sweet. Or it would have been if Kaumirran was the kind of person to care about such things. Yes, she understood that life was important, even one that belonged to Mr. D. However, she had a hard time shaking the feeling that combatants were expendable. A general disregard for warriors was built in to her genes. It caused a bit of internal conflict. Part of her wanted him to survive. Part of her did not care. In the end, she opted to split the difference.

“If you die, I’m keeping your stuff,” she told him over the comm channel. She had thought it before. She chose to voice it now. This allowed her both dibs and it was the best form of encouragement to live that she could think of. The thought of someone stealing her stuff would have certainly motivated her. She had to assume that Mr. D was the same way. Unfortunately, she had more to deal with at the moment than his reaction.

Kaumirran takes another shot at her target's right leg - and wonder of wonders, she must've hit a vital point, as the leg explodes!  In a series of chain reaction explosions, it takes the rest of the Destroid with it!

Kaumirran was taken aback by the explosion. She looked from the expanding plume of fire to the weapon half-visible in ‘her’ hand. “That really shouldn’t have happened,” she mumbled to herself. What were they packing in their legs that would make the entire Destroid go boom?

Bah yells, "they're almost at the ship!  Get your arses in gear!"

Kaumirran pulled her thoughts back to the battle. “Don’t tell me what to do,” she yelled back. “You ain’t the boss’uh me!” Just the same, she whirled around to face the running pair of Cheyennes. Mid-turn, she fired a burst from her lasers.

Once she was properly oriented, Kaumirran engaged her thrusters. She only went high enough to transform in to fighter without risking falling in to the ground while reconfiguring. Then she shot forward, quickly closing the distance between her and the Destroids. It only took a few seconds since they were pretty close and jets moved pretty fast.

As the distance dwindled, Kaumirran flipped the switch that would change the Fighter in to Battloid mode. Then she used the large amount of momentum that she had gain during the brief flight to plow in to the backside of one of the Cheyennes.

Actions)

1)  Head Lasers - 10 Round Burst
2) Transform: Fighter
3)Transform: Battloid
4) Tackle left-hand Cheyenne