Author Topic: Pre-Magister Returning Character Collaboration  (Read 304 times)

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Magister Returning Character Collaboration
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 08:09:42 PM »
So for all returning characters we need to get the character sheets aligned as well as completed. Harven has graciously agreed to be a number monkey and has updated his character sheet to the standards needed for the game. Confirmed returning players, please post a copy of your character sheet from the joining board to a new topic like Harven's in this board and between the two of us we'll get your sheet calculated and updated. New players, I will provide you with creation info shortly for the Joining board. I will also be posting character sheets for the npcs in your two squadrons here.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 08:11:13 PM by Harven »

Offline Harven

• Number Monkey
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Womp womp. A life story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 08:10:57 PM »
Alright gang, general update.

If you go into the master thread for the collab you'll see that I've posted my character. That is the template that Zed (as he says in his post) would like us to use for character postings, although you do not have to use my formatting with the bold and italics.

Every character will have to make sure that in their VF OCC they have both the Piloting and Mecha combat for the VF-4 and VF-5000, and in your OOC Related the Piloting for the Ex-Gear. The Ex-Gear takes up one of your OCC Related slots but you can still pick the other 7, if you have to redo your skill selections.

There are three skills added to the VF Pilot OCC that are not in the Macross II book, so I'm adding their percentage information here:

Tactics: Air & Space - 35% base, +15% from OCC; increases 5% per level
Military Etiquette - 35% base, +20% from OCC; increases 5% per level
Parachuting - 42% base, +10% from OCC; increases 4% per level

Any questions hit me up in the Discord channel or just reply here.
No longer use AIM, MSN, ICQ, or YIM. Find me on Discord: harvenkarr#4077

Offline Lance

• Colonel
  • Official Ninja Lurker
    • View Profile
    • KeeperOf42
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 08:36:07 PM »
Wait so we have to be trained in VF-4, VF-5000, and EX GEAR?

I think that's going to change up some of my skills and I might have to pick up the Civvy MOS to cover for that for Keiko and Lance, I'm skill tight because of their low physical stats.

Also is it possible that we can get the character sheets unlocked so we don't have to recode our stuff?
Characters
LTJG Lance 'Janus' Callaeros
ENS Keiko 'Pixie' Skylark

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 08:47:19 PM »
No, I had originally intended to give those to everyone.  Which is why the original OCC says 6 skills instead of 8.

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 08:48:30 PM »
And to keep in mind most of your characters break the standard template mold anyway, as during creation we went through a process where I had you add something to really make your character stand out from other regular flight academy cadets.

Offline Harven

• Number Monkey
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 09:03:05 PM »
Wait so we have to be trained in VF-4, VF-5000, and EX GEAR?

I think that's going to change up some of my skills and I might have to pick up the Civvy MOS to cover for that for Keiko and Lance, I'm skill tight because of their low physical stats.

Also is it possible that we can get the character sheets unlocked so we don't have to recode our stuff?

You don't have to change up skills. The only one that counts towards your OOC Related is the Ex Gear. The VF piloting and mecha combat are given.

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 11:17:33 PM »
Here's the link to the character generation section of my stats HP: http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics.php#Character_Equipment

The basics of what you need to do can be found here: http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/character/GCGS/GCGSmain.php
(For the Palladium rules, refer to the left (blue) sections.)

For Step 5, there's also the OCC option: http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/character/charactercreationold.php

Any chance you still have the file BandB.htm I reference in this original game announcement?  http://forum.macrossrpg.org/index.php?topic=2127.0

Offline Crimson Reaver

• GM
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://bubblegumcrisis.org/Avatars.htm
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 06:30:33 AM »
I've posted up my previous sheet, will change things around if needed. Just to confirm, Keiko and Jenny were paired together as RIO and Pilot respectively, it would be good to have them start IC in the same location, bearing in mind I'm just flat out rusty on everything (PBP, Macross, Palladium, etc) so it would be good to have a nice easy start :)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2019, 09:54:55 AM »
Here's the link to the character generation section of my stats HP: http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics.php#Character_Equipment

The basics of what you need to do can be found here: http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/character/GCGS/GCGSmain.php
(For the Palladium rules, refer to the left (blue) sections.)

For Step 5, there's also the OCC option: http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/character/charactercreationold.php

Any chance you still have the file BandB.htm I reference in this original game announcement?  http://forum.macrossrpg.org/index.php?topic=2127.0

It'd help to know what was on BandB, you know.

Is it (what's become) Steps 2, 3 and 4?  http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics.php#Character_Equipment

If not, poke around in the links in that section of the ToC.  You might find what you're looking for (I'm not one for making previously available content unavailable.  So, chances are good that it's still there in some form or another [just broken up into different pages]).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:57:16 AM by Sketchley »

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 06:19:38 PM »
I'm definitely figuring it all out >_< Part of the problem is that I REALLY enjoyed the character creation method I used last time which was a slight adhoc mix for doing background and such.  Here's an example of a template I made while creating someone's sheet back in 2011:

Stat Rolls:
4d6 → [6,4,2,2] = (14) – lowest (2) = 12
4d6 → [4,1,3,4] = (12) – lowest (1) = 11
4d6 → [2,6,1,6] = (15) – lowest (1) = 14

4d6 → [1,3,1,3] = (8) – lowest (1) = 7

4d6 → [6,4,2,4] = (16) – lowest (2) = 14

4d6 → [3,1,5,4] = (13) – lowest (1) = 12

4d6 → [3,3,1,3] = (10) – lowest (1) = 9

4d6 → [3,4,6,1] = (14) – lowest (1) = 13

1d3+2 → [1,2] = (3)

Birthplace Roll: 1=Buthridas, 2=Girtabilu 3=Agrabuamelu
Result of the throw of dice "1d3" :

1d3 → [3] = (3) Agrabuamelu

51-00 urban 01-50 Rural
Result of the throw of dice "1d100" :

2 = 2 (Rural)

Upper     95-00
Middle     60-94
Lower     15-59
Indigent     01-14

75 = 75 Middle Class

Middle Class
Basic Skills

* Language: English 98%
    * (72% chance) One additional language/literacy pending character's background/origin (eg: Zentraedi/Zolan/non-English Earth language) +15%
    * (72% chance) Math: Basic +5%
    * (52% chance) Computer Operation +8%
    * (30% chance) Math Advanced +5%
    * (30%chance) Chose 1 Domestic Skill +5%
    * (15% chance) Pilot Automobile
    * Hand to Hand: none (1 attack per round, with only attribute and skill bonuses, if applicable. Can be upgraded to Hand to Hand: Basic at the cost of 1 skill)

Roll percentile dice:

* 91-00 Your parents instilled a good drive to study/ you naturally have motivation to achieve your potential and you had opportunity (won a scholarship).
      Available MOS: Career/College Education (2 years), Career/University Education (4 years) and High Level University Education (6 or more years).
      Bonuses: +5% to all base and MOS skills, +1 other skills. +30% to base skill chance rolls.
    * 61-90 You're pretty much a regular person.
      Available MOS: Part-Time/High School EducationLabour (High School Education), Career/College Education (2 years), Career/University Education (4 years), and High Level University Education (6 or more years).
      Bonuses: +2% on base and MOS skills. +20% to base skill chance rolls.
    * 26-60 Just because you went to school doesn't mean that you studied hard. You always knew that you could rely on your parents – or at least their bank account.
      Available MOS: Part-Time/High School EducationLabour (High School Education), Career/College Education (2 years), and Career/University Education (4 years).
      Bonuses: -2 other skills, -10% on base and MOS skills. +10% to base skill chance rolls.
    * 01-25 In school you slacked off and played video games in your spare time. You're a disappointment to your family.
      Available MOS: Part-Time/High School EducationLabour (High School Education), Career/College Education (2 years), and Career/University Education (4 years).
      Bonuses: -5 other skills. -1/2 the base % on all base, MOS, other and secondary skills.

61 = 61  61-90 You're pretty much a regular person.
      Available MOS: Part-Time/High School EducationLabour (High School Education), Career/College Education (2 years), Career/University Education (4 years), and High Level University Education (6 or more years).

Rolling "1d100" 6 times

1: 12 = 12 (Success) One Extra Language
2: 3 = 3 (success) Math Basic
3: 87 = 87 (Failed) Computer Operation Basic
4: 72 =72 (Failed) Math Advanced
5: 78 = 78 (Failed) Domestic Skill (any)
6: 9 = 9 (Success) Pilot Automobile

Summary
You are born on Aqrabuamelu:  Agrabuamelu started life as a mineral rich and cavernous, gas filled planet.  When the comet that struck Buthridas shifted the gravitational forces in the system, Agrabuamelu found itself pulled between the sun, two medium sized planets, and an enourmous gas giant.  It was only a matter of time before physics took their toll on the planet and an enormous geological event occured, altering the face of the planet, its orbit, and spewing vast amounts of explosive and hazardous gasses up out of the atmosphere to collect in space and form a debris field between the Three Spheres and the gas giant.  Over time the planet stabilized and the remaining gasses formed a breathable atmosphere, some minor seas and a single ocean.  The terrain itself is a mineral rich composite not quite suited for agriculture but full of mining potential.  When the Zendreadi found themselves settling into their new home here, they found they'd been given an opportunity to make themselves industrial giants.  With the guiding minds of the few humans who chose Zendreadi society over human society, Agrabuamelu became the main source of manufactured goods in the system.  Anything that has to be machined one way or another comes from here, be it that its parts are machined here and everything is assembled in space, or the whole product itself is assembled planetside.  Unfortunately the population of Agrabuamelu is entirely dependent on Girtablilu for food, making the two planets symbiotic of each other.  You grew up in a rural mountain town, in a middle class family.  You weren't a great student nor a poor student.  You graduate at 16 and have the option of grabbing the MOS skills of up to Career/University, or any combination.  No bonus skills, just the skills listed on the MOS.  Whatever combination you choose you need to remember that your character has to have entered the military by 24 in order to make the cutoff date for advanced combat training at Chaerilidae.  Whatever your choices, please remember that your character displays a level of character and maturity by the time that they join, and in fact also has exemplary service while in the academy.

Trying to piece the whole puzzle back together because its one of the few things I wasn't 100% organized with, but it led to the diversity of cast we seem to have and I'm just being stubborn and making more work for myself. >_<

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 06:21:18 PM »
And what I did was I allowed individual players to make a decision on when they were attending the flight academy based on any previous education or not, which was what allowed some players to have both an MOS and OCC.  Yeah, I definitely made more work for myself both then and now.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
I'm definitely figuring it all out >_< Part of the problem is that I REALLY enjoyed the character creation method I used last time which was a slight adhoc mix for doing background and such.  Here's an example of a template I made while creating someone's sheet back in 2011:

Steps 2 and 3.  Scroll down to "Extended Rules".

Offline Mr.F

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2019, 06:54:19 AM »
bearing in mind I'm just flat out rusty on everything (PBP, Macross, Palladium, etc)

So, since the game will take a bit of a fast forward (thus the call for players to comment on how they would have liked to see their previously ongoing interactions to ave proceeded) of 6+ months (last I heard) I was thinking if we have enough players ready to get into the action of writing I could run some scenario.

The idea would be to have a few/bunch of students with Mjuiri for a nav exercise in the asteroid belt. All I'd need was a suitable date from Zed and a thread for it. I'm not an authority on the rules, but could get us all up to speed on writing, PBP best practices when it comes to interactions, and even some combat style posting with actions (though resoution would be slightly more of a "lets wing it" from my end since A) don't know the rules exactly and B) Characters aren't quite finished even though I could look at the raw stats from earlier and make decent guestiates).

Any interest? Pointless if we are too few, but I plan to fill with NPCs anyway so we don't need a massive amount. Just... you know... get the ball rolling and get into the habit of things again?

/Mr.F - Forwards into the realm of tippity-tap on the keyboards!

Offline Harven

• Number Monkey
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2019, 10:56:15 AM »
bearing in mind I'm just flat out rusty on everything (PBP, Macross, Palladium, etc)

So, since the game will take a bit of a fast forward (thus the call for players to comment on how they would have liked to see their previously ongoing interactions to ave proceeded) of 6+ months (last I heard) I was thinking if we have enough players ready to get into the action of writing I could run some scenario.

The idea would be to have a few/bunch of students with Mjuiri for a nav exercise in the asteroid belt. All I'd need was a suitable date from Zed and a thread for it. I'm not an authority on the rules, but could get us all up to speed on writing, PBP best practices when it comes to interactions, and even some combat style posting with actions (though resoution would be slightly more of a "lets wing it" from my end since A) don't know the rules exactly and B) Characters aren't quite finished even though I could look at the raw stats from earlier and make decent guestiates).

Any interest? Pointless if we are too few, but I plan to fill with NPCs anyway so we don't need a massive amount. Just... you know... get the ball rolling and get into the habit of things again?

/Mr.F - Forwards into the realm of tippity-tap on the keyboards!

I'm interested. That would be fine with me.

Offline Zed

• Administrator
  • Lt. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2019, 11:20:17 PM »
We'll be having a few new players coming shortly AND we all could probably use a refresher on how I run combat.  Mr F has talked about running a short little out of sequence Zero-G combat engagement, and I'd like anyone who is not familiar with how I prefer combat posting to go to check in here and let us know you'd be interested in taking part.