Author Topic: Eps. 2.1: Heartbreakers and Thunderbolts  (Read 404 times)

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Eps. 2.1: Heartbreakers and Thunderbolts
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2019, 03:39:01 PM »
"My pee tool would definitely punch this down!"

Kaumirran gave him a skeptical look. Or she would have if he glanced down at the comm screen. "I have my doubts." Her voice conveyed the look in case he happened to have missed the visual cue. "Men like to say that. They're always lying. I have a little finger that is just as effective."

Her attention shifted as it was drawn to approaching men. She did not know who they were. She only knew them as the guards, or at least individuals with the same profile.

Kaumirran looked over her readouts. The preflight check had been all well and good, but seeing the response once the parts were in motion was better. If something was going to fail, she would prefer that it happened before she was in the air, or worse: out of it.

"Who cares who they are?" she asked of the two guards. "We'll roast them as we slide by.  Problem solved, yo."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2019, 09:03:04 PM »
"Who cares who they are?  We'll roast them as we slide by.  Problem solved, yo."

"Now, now," the Major lightly chides her.  "We can't roast them if they're his friends."

He also smiles in a naughty way, indicating that he tacitly agrees with her idea.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2019, 09:26:55 PM »

Kaumirran mimicked the Major's expression. She was all for removing obstacles before they became problems. Anything that was not helpful could be argued to be an obstacle.

More importantly, anything that did not directly benefit her had significantly less value in her mercantile mind than it may to others. She was all about her. She was awesome and she was deserving of, well, pretty much anything that was not detrimental to her.

That brought her back to the current situation with the guards.

"Iiiii think that you underestimate the power of our engines."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2019, 12:59:04 AM »
Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city - Hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

"Iiiii think that you underestimate the power of our engines."

Engrish and Worsh are carrying what looks like a metal pipe (Engrish) and rope (Worsh) in their hands.  While they may have been raised in a threatening or 'ready' position when they approached the hangar, their arms have lowered considerably from the shock and surprise from the manner that the door was opened, and the 3 Battroids stepping outside.

"I'll take that as a 'no'." the Major directs at Björn.

"Light 'em up!" he bellows over the external speakers.  It's not clear if he's referring to the engines, or immolating Engrish and Worsh.

Engrish lets out a high-pitched squeal, and makes a run for the nearest shelter from the jet exhaust.  Worsh soon follows.

The Major's engines whoosh to 25% throttle, as he leaps into the sky.  On the way, he transforms to GERWALK, and continues to gain altitude while starting to accelerate forward toward the "West" as he gradually raises the throttle to 50%.

The highest buildings are about 5 storeys tall.  When the Major gets above those, and confirms the other two are airborne and following him, he'll transform to Fighter, and test his engines through 75% up to 100% throttle.

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2019, 10:06:21 PM »

Kaumirran moved her machine toward the hanger door.  She paid close attention to the instruments as she as she covered the meters. If anything was going to fail, she would prefer that it happened while she was still on the ground and where the only resistance was a pair of guards. That meant that it would probably occur once she climbed high in to the open air. That was the way that these things went. If anyone was reality's bitch, it would be her.

As she approached the exit, she lurched her Eleven at the men on foot. It never hurt to hasten the retreat of her adversaries. With that little moment of joy out of the way, she took to the sky. She flew up after the Major.

"Hey," she yelped at the comm. "Where are you going? You promised that we were not leaving until I had my sister."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2019, 04:58:56 AM »
Elpis Faction, Irmuska star system, planet Andis, Raimonds city - Hooters and grumbles & a hard Björn life

Both Engrish and Worsh fled even faster after Kaumirran lurched at them.

"Hey!  Where are you going? You promised that we were not leaving until I had my sister."

Before the Major can reply, the helmeted appearance of Khumirran appears on their comm screens on a general radio channel—different from the encoded one that the Steel Valkyries are using to communicate.

"Thunderbolt pilots, identify yourselves!" she barks in an authoritative voice.

The Major, Björn, and Kaumirran are all too flabbergasted to reply—some from shock, some from seeing Kaumirran's face on two different people on two communication channels at the same time.

A powerful quantum beam gun shot slices past the trio of Valkyries at an uncomfortably close distance.  It emanated from somewhere behind them, closer to the ground.

"Final warning!" Khumirran barks.  "Transform and land immediately!"

The Major gets busy initiating the radome and other recon equipment on his VF-11.  Concurrently he yells, "punch it!"

He adds, "Kaumirran, here's your chance!  Don't fall too far behind us!"

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »
Kaumirran

Lucky break, her sister finding her.  The lucky portion was up for debate. Kaumirran titled the wing of her fighter, dipping to the side as the bolt streaked passed. It was most likely a futile gesture as it did not appear that the shot would have hit her, anyway. Still, possessing an instinct to dodge when people were shooting at you was a good one to possess.

Kaumirran realigned her jet, falling in behind and to the right of the Major. He had better be flying in the correct direction, or she would be forced to abandon him in favor of family. On that note, she adjusted her comm frequency to match that of the incoming signal. She had to identify herself, as per request.

“I'm the pretty one.”

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2019, 11:08:10 PM »

The Major's and Björn's fighters begin accelerating at even higher speed away from Raimonds and Khumirran, on their previous heading.

The Major starts sharing data from the radome with the Steel Valkyrie's pilots.  The transponder on Khumirran's vehicle identifies it as a Variable Gurāji.

“I'm the pretty one.”

"Traitor" Khumirran screams in response, as she fires the Heavy Quantum Beam Gun again—this time at Kaumirran's Thunderbolt.

It's a good thing that Kaumirran is already dodging and changing course away from the Major and Björn and back toward Raimonds, as it helps her easily avoid the shot.

The Major yells, "we're not waiting for you this time!  Our rendezvous with the ship is in 5 minutes in low orbit!"

With that, he fires 4 HMMM-18 micro-missiles from the leg rear launchers, and points his Valkyrie's nose skywards.  Moments later, the rocket motors on the dorsal Super Parts roar to life, and his Thunderbolt begins to go ballistic.

Map:
Major & Björn (fighter)
approx. 1 km behind: Kaumirran (fighter) & Major's 4 HMMM-18 missiles
approx. 3 km behind (4 km behind Major): Khumirran's Variable Gurāji (fighter)

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2019, 12:06:03 AM »
Kaumirran

“I am not leaving her!” Kaumirran yelled in to the comm panel displaying the Major’s face. He did not know what it was like, the hell that they had to endure. She did. She had lived through. She had managed to escape. Not everyone had been so lucky. Now was her chance to rectify that.

Kaumirran ramped up the speed on her fighter. She kept the weapon systems cold. She had no intention of firing, but neither did she want to be a slow moving, easy target.

“I am not a traitor,” she told Khumirran. “I do not own them anything, and neither do you. They are not your commanders. They are your slave masters. You do not have to obey them.”

Kaumirran added a bit of a jinking pattern to her course. “They don’t care about you. You are nothing but an ablative shell to them, something to be thrown in to on-coming fire and burned away. They won’t mourn you. You don’t matter to them at all. You matter to me. There is a better way, a better life.  Leave them, and all that they do to you, behind. You can be free. I can show you how. Come with me."

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »

“I am not leaving her!”

The Major tersely replies, "4 minutes, 45 seconds."

“I am not a traitor,”

Khumirran makes a spitting action and sound at the camera, and fires 4 BML-02S micro-missiles at Kaumirran.

"What are you doing girl..." the Major incredulously says to himself.  He then fires the remaining 6 rear-facing HMMM-18's at Khumirran.

“I do not own them anything, and neither do you. They are not your commanders. They are your slave masters. You do not have to obey them.” says Kaumirran while she releases a burst of flares.  Khumirran's micro-missiles explode harmlessly in them.

Khumirran deftly puts her Variable Gurāji in a spin while releasing a burst of countermeasures.  Concurrently she fires the front Anti-air Laser Pulse Guns at the Major's first volley of missiles—destroying them all.  Kaumirran cannot help but be impressed by her skills.

"Goddamnit!" the Major says under his breath.  "Björn, any time now!" he adds, while firing a single AMM-7 at Khumirran.  Unlike the rear-facing micro-missile launchers, this missile fires forwards, and is going to take time to turn around.

“They don’t care about you. You are nothing but an ablative shell to them, something to be thrown in to on-coming fire and burned away. They won’t mourn you. You don’t matter to them at all. You matter to me.

Khumirran transforms to Battroid, and fires an angry burst of forearm Charged Particle Beam Gun shots at Kaumirran—who just barely avoids them.

The Major fires another single AMM-7 at Khumirran.  "You're on your own now, Kaumirran!" he yells into the mike.

"There is a better way, a better life.  Leave them, and all that they do to you, behind. You can be free. I can show you how. Come with me."

"Lies!" Khumirran bellows at Kaumirran, as she turns her attention to the Major's micro-missiles.  In a stream of charged particle shots, the 6 missiles explode.

Something catches Kaumirran's attention near the airfield.  She instinctively jinks, and almost avoids the Heavy Quantum Beam Gun shot that hurtles from that direction.  It takes off the tip of a wing (later, when Kaumirran mentally reviews the battle, she'll realize that that was never meant to be a killing shot—it was intended to take the wing off and cripple her fighter).

Khumirran continues focusing on the Major's missiles.  Another burst, and the Major's first AMM-7 is destroyed.

A new voice and visage crackles to life on Kaumirran's comm screen: Jozua Rasmussen!
"I always knew you'd show up on my doorstep again.  Do you still do that thing with your tongue?"

He punctuates his line with a Heavy Quantum Beam Gun shot at Kaumirran—that goes wide of the mark.

Map:
Major & Björn (fighter)
approx. 10 km behind: Kaumirran (fighter) & Major's 1 AMM-7 missile
approx. 500 m behind (10.5 km behind Major): Khumirran's Variable Gurāji (battroid)
approx. 8 km away (13.5 km behind Major): Jozua's Variable Gurāji (fighter)

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 12:49:03 AM »
Kaumirran

OOC:  I waited for a while. I guess I will go ahead and post again.

Kaumirran growled at the damage to her new used ride. A damaged wing was going to make it more difficult to control. She switched over to Gerwalk mode. It was slower than using the fighter, but with repositionable engines, she would have better handling.

"I always knew you'd show up on my doorstep again.  Do you still do that thing with your tongue?"

“I can do this.”

Kaumirran reach over and closed the channel on him. She was busy. She did not have time to deal with Rasmussen and the churning feeling that he provided to her gut.

Her attention went back to being split between the image of Khumirran and the readouts that would give her forewarning of any incoming shots. This was a dangerous game that she was playing. She did not know how much longer that her luck could hold out.

“I am not lying,” she said pleadingly to twin. “I am right here. I am not trying to trick you. I am not trying to hurt you. I have not even shot at you, which you deserve for cutting my hair.”

Kaumirran jinked, bouncing her craft to make it harder to get a clean lock on her.

“I can’t stay here for long. I have a way out of here. Away from them. A way for both of us. It’s a better life. But you have to come now. You have to trust me. Please!

Actions:

Mode Change to Gerwalk

Continuing A Dodge Focus

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:51:29 AM by InfernosCaress »