Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 252

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 257

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 270

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 273
Eps. 2.2: Milk Run

Author Topic: Eps. 2.2: Milk Run  (Read 1850 times)

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Eps. 2.2: Milk Run
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2020, 06:02:08 AM »
Kaumirran

"You do not want any of that trash from De Moins on this ship!"

“Uh, well, Duh!  Why would we?” Kaumirran asked sarcastically. “No one wants them here with their better equipment, more money, fancier crafts, and excessive talent. I mean, that would only improve the quality around here and no one wants that!” She rolled her eyes so hard it hurt. "I mean, we might actually win and battle and then we'd be so confused that we'd have no idea what to do with ourselves."

"If you still have something to say, I think Nur would like the company on latrine duty—I heard Amina assigned her to it for disobeying orders!"

Kaumirran did not know who that was. Either of them. She also did not care. It did not affect her one way or the other. The threat, on the other hand, did have an effect.

“Okay, first of all,” she held up a finger so that they could both be clear as to which number first represented. “You’re not the boss of me. I am here because it temporarily suits me to be so. If you want to assign me to the latrines, then you’ll have to me extra for that and we both know that you don’t have that kind of money. How do we know that? Because you live in a junky trailer on a junkie ship currently sitting in the middle of a junkyard. And also because we’ve both met you.”

She let her hand drop. Her demeanor shifted along with it, the self-important arrogance melting away. “And I’m really only here until I can figure out a way to rescue my sister. She’s been so brainwashed that she doesn’t even realize that she needs saving. But she’s going to get it whether she likes it or not.”

In case there was any doubt, rest assured that Nur most definitely did not enjoy having to spend her time doing does sewage maintenance. In fact, she spent a good portion of it complaining. That was not particularly effective as pretty much everyone else avoided going down there. I did make her feel a bit better, but only a little. Verbally crafting fine plans, such as redirecting a PooPooTube to flush through a vent in A-Meanie’s quarters did a better job of improving her mode. She would have probably liked that, since she was a PooPooHead anyway, and it would be like a homecoming for her. No one else would probably even notice, since it would not do a thing to make that trollop smell worse than she already did.

Nur then screeched as she dropped a tool on to her foot.

Kaumirran takes pride in replacing the damaged wingtip—nevermind what Björn has to say about the missing wingtip on his VF-11D!

Poor Björn. Kaumirran felt bad for him. No, she didn’t. If one of them had to have a missing cover of a few power cables, it was not going to be her. It there was one thing that she had learned from Galaxy Truckers, it would be that exposed conduits were bad. He was just going to have to deal with it, because she was not.

Everyone piles into the jeep, with the Major sitting in the passenger seat.  He activates the vehicle's radio, and calls the bridge, "Melika!  This is Andurven.  What's the sitrep?"

Kaumirran climbed in to the rear of the jeep. She flopped down, allowing her head to drape against the top of the seat. “This had better be important,” she groused. “I was just laying down for a nap. I need all of the beauty sleep that I can get.”

Nur, already in her pressure suit, ran up and snatched Putri by the arm. She used her momentum to spin herself around backward and allowed it to get her that extra bit of tugging force to pull the other woman along with her. “Di’n’cha  hear? We gotta goooo. Come on, Pooty, it’s time for zoomies! ”

OOC: as it appears that we've lost Buran, would you be interested in taking over his PC Björn "Scotsman" Eriksson?

OOC: I would not. Playing too many characters in a game makes it difficult for me to keep all of their personalities and habits straights. Then I start feeling stressed and that leads to burn out. I just recovered from that. You shall just have to recruit other people.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:03:59 AM by InfernosCaress »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 11:20:10 AM »
2069.02.09 Sat. (18:00): Elpis Faction Border, 5 Sisters (deep space between the Irmuska and Caterina Systems)

“No one wants them here with their better equipment, (...) and then we'd be so confused that we'd have no idea what to do with ourselves."

The Major looks at her like she's crazy.  He then closes his eyes and shudders.

Massaging his temples with closed eyes, he informs her, "you do realize that you're talking about insect herders who supply kit for ground-pounders... I'm not sure how that'd work... in outer, frikken, space!" he angrily growls at Kaumirran.

“Okay, first of all ...”

Andruven opens his mouth a couple of times and looks like he's about to say something.  Eventually he just rolls his eyes, and walks away.

2069.02.10 Sun. (19:00): Phat-p Territory, deep space (equidistant between the Phat-p and Anush Systems)

“This had better be important.  I was just laying down for a nap. I need all of the beauty sleep that I can get.”

The others ignore her: Bah is focused on slaloming through the legs of the giant Pertahanan Zentrādi—who are dashing about to get to their battle stations—and Mr. D is focused on the Major's communication with the bridge.

The voice of Melika—the Hamekahame's tactical officer—crackles out of the Sugar-Foot-style jeep's radio.  "/z/ ... responding to a distress call.  Allied ships are under attack! /z/"

Mr. D gives Kaumirran an alarmed look.

"/z/ Who's attacking? /z/" the Major asks.

"/z/ Code 119. /z/" Melika says, with a note of alarm.

"/z/ Copy. /z/" the Major says, all colour in his face draining.

"Code one-one-nine?" Mr. D mouths at Kaumirran, silently asking her if she understands what it means.

"/z/ Defold in under 120 seconds.  Alakai wants you airborne the moment we Defold!! /z/" concludes Melika, before she cuts the connection on her end.

The Major turns to Bah and barks, "step on it!"

Bah really starts pushing the jeep, and everyone starts getting rudely flung around by the sharp turns he's taking as he weaves through the Zentrādi legs.  He also starts hammering on the horn, which partially clears a path in the slalom course of legs.

OOC: I'm not sure what's going on with Nur.  For starters, Amina et al were on a hover platform flying above head height (giant-sized Zentrādi head height)...

Offline InfernosCaress

• Lt. Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 12:54:09 PM »
Kaumirran

"you do realize that you're talking about insect herders who supply kit for ground-pounders... I'm not sure how that'd work... in outer, frikken, space!"

Kaumirran made a face. It was the kind that said she was confused as to how that was her fault. She felt that way a lot. Granted, most of the time it was her fault, but that didn’t mean that she saw a reason as to why she ought to take the blame for it. “Not everything can be as useful in long distance combat as shovels and chainsaws.”

Mr. D gives Kaumirran an alarmed look.

“What?” Kaumirran lifted her head just enough to be able to return the gaze. “I’m not the one doing it.” That time it actually wasn’t her fault. Or so she believed. She could have been wrong, but she did not remember attacking anyone, not in a way that would raise an alarm.

"Code one-one-nine?" Mr. D mouths at Kaumirran, silently asking her if she understands what it means.

Kaumirran knew what that meant. Everyone did.  It was a famous set of digits. “That’s an old number that people used to use to call the police and fire-guys.” She was going to say more, possibly on her opinion of hot fire-guys, someone --who was also not her-- decided to start driving recklessly. So, instead of continuing her discussion on said topic, she mainly just squealed as she was bounced back and forth in the seat.

OOC: I'm not sure what's going on with Nur. 

OOC:  Just now? That would imply that you did understand before.

I probably missed the hover part. Maybe she hopped over from another one. Maybe she is not even there but she is so dear to Putri's heart that she just likes to imagine that they are always together.  Who knows?  Not I.